Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pde6c
Description: phosphodiesterase 6C, cGMP-specific, cone, alpha prime
Alias: zgc:73085, cone cGMP-specific 3',5'-cyclic phosphodiesterase subunit alpha', eclipse, pde6 alpha prime
- Taylor S, Alvarez Delfin K, Saade C, Thomas J, Thummel R, Fadool J, et al. The bHLH Transcription Factor NeuroD Governs Photoreceptor Genesis and Regeneration Through Delta-Notch Signaling. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:7496-515 pubmed publisher..In contrast, during embryonic development, NeuroD governs photoreceptor maturation via mechanisms that are independent of Notch signaling. ..
- Aluru N, Jenny M, Hahn M. Knockdown of a zebrafish aryl hydrocarbon receptor repressor (AHRRa) affects expression of genes related to photoreceptor development and hematopoiesis. Toxicol Sci. 2014;139:381-95 pubmed publisher..cone-specific genes such as several opsins (opn1sw1, opn1sw2, opn1mw1, and opn1lw2), phosphodiesterases (pde6H and pde6C), retinol binding protein (rbp4l), phosducin, and arrestins...
- Zhang L, Xiang L, Liu Y, Venkatraman P, Chong L, CHO J, et al. A Naturally-Derived Compound Schisandrin B Enhanced Light Sensation in the pde6c Zebrafish Model of Retinal Degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149663 pubmed publisher..In this model, the pde6c gene (phosphodiesterase 6C, cGMP-specific, cone, alpha prime) carried a mutation which caused cone degeneration...
- Glaviano A, Smith A, Blanco A, McLoughlin S, Cederlund M, Heffernan T, et al. A method for isolation of cone photoreceptors from adult zebrafish retinae. BMC Neurosci. 2016;17:71 pubmed..In addition, this advancement facilitates the identification of novel candidate genes for inherited human blindness. ..
- Ma E, Lewis A, Barabas P, Stearns G, Suzuki S, Krizaj D, et al. Loss of Pde6 reduces cell body Ca(2+) transients within photoreceptors. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e797 pubmed publisher..simultaneous analysis of cone photoreceptor morphology and Ca(2+) fluxes revealed that degeneration of pde6c(w59) mutant cones, which lack the cone-specific cGMP phosphodiesterase, is not associated with sustained increases ..
- Thorn R, Clift D, Ojo O, Colwill R, Creton R. The loss and recovery of vertebrate vision examined in microplates. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183414 pubmed publisher..The developed assays are the first to measure the loss and recovery of vertebrate vision in microplates and provide an efficient platform to evaluate novel treatments of visual impairment. ..
- Gramage E, D Cruz T, Taylor S, Thummel R, Hitchcock P. Midkine-a protein localization in the developing and adult retina of the zebrafish and its function during photoreceptor regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0121789 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that during photoreceptor regeneration Mdka regulates aspects of injury-induced cell proliferation. ..
- Saade C, Alvarez Delfin K, Fadool J. Rod photoreceptors protect from cone degeneration-induced retinal remodeling and restore visual responses in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2013;33:1804-14 pubmed publisher..for postsynaptic glutamate receptors, significant remodeling is observed following cone degeneration in the pde6c(w59) larval retina but not rod degeneration in the Xops:mCFP(q13) line...
- Nishiwaki Y, Komori A, Sagara H, Suzuki E, Manabe T, Hosoya T, et al. Mutation of cGMP phosphodiesterase 6alpha'-subunit gene causes progressive degeneration of cone photoreceptors in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2008;125:932-46 pubmed publisher..We isolated a zebrafish mutant, called eclipse (els), which shows no visual behavior such as optokinetic response (OKR)...