Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pcna
Description: proliferating cell nuclear antigen
Alias: cb16, fb36g03, wu:fa28e03, wu:fb36g03, etID36690.10, fa28e03
- The zebrafish mutants dre, uki, and lep encode negative regulators of the hedgehog signaling pathwayMarco J Koudijs
Hubrecht Laboratory, The Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 1:e19. 2005..of proliferation, we performed a zebrafish genetic screen in which we used proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) expression as a readout. Two mutants, hu418B and hu540A, show increased PCNA expression...
- Genetic dissection reveals two separate pathways for rod and cone regeneration in the teleost retinaAnn C Morris
Department of Biological Science, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306, USA
Dev Neurobiol 68:605-19. 2008..These two genetic models therefore offer new opportunities for investigating the molecular mechanisms of selective degeneration and regeneration of rods and cones...
- Distinct roles of Shh and Fgf signaling in regulating cell proliferation during zebrafish pectoral fin developmentSergey V Prykhozhij
Developmental Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 8:91. 2008..Sonic hedgehog (Shh) directs pattern formation along the anterior/posterior axis of the limb, whereas several Fgfs in combination direct pattern formation along the proximal/distal axis of the limb...
- Nestin is essential for zebrafish brain and eye development through control of progenitor cell apoptosisHua Ling Chen
Institute of Cellular and System Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 5:e9318. 2010..Nestin is expressed in neural progenitor cells (NPC) of developing brain. Despite its wide use as an NPC marker, the function of nestin in embryo development is unclear...
- Dnmt2 functions in the cytoplasm to promote liver, brain, and retina development in zebrafishKunal Rai
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Genes Dev 21:261-6. 2007..Furthermore, zebrafish Dnmt2 methylates an RNA species of approximately 80 bases, consistent with tRNA methylation. Thus, Dnmt2 promotes zebrafish development, likely through cytoplasmic RNA methylation...
- Inhibition of Müller glial cell division blocks regeneration of the light-damaged zebrafish retinaRyan Thummel
Department of Biological Sciences and the Center for Zebrafish Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
Dev Neurobiol 68:392-408. 2008..We determined that two separate morpholinos targeted against the proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) mRNA reduced PCNA protein levels...
- Late-stage neuronal progenitors in the retina are radial Müller glia that function as retinal stem cellsRebecca L Bernardos
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1048, USA
J Neurosci 27:7028-40. 2007..We conclude that zebrafish Müller glia function as multipotent retinal stem cells that generate retinal neurons by homeostatic and regenerative developmental mechanisms...
- Expression of the zebrafish intermediate neurofilament Nestin in the developing nervous system and in neural proliferation zones at postembryonic stagesJulia Mahler
Developmental Biology Department, Institute of Biology I, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 7:89. 2007....
- Zebrafish foxe3: roles in ocular lens morphogenesis through interaction with pitx3Xiaohai Shi
Department of Biological Sciences and Center for Zebrafish Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Mech Dev 123:761-82. 2006..These data demonstrate that Foxe3 is necessary for lens development in zebrafish and that foxe3 lies genetically downstream of pitx3 in a zebrafish lens development pathway...
- Minichromosome maintenance proteins as markers for proliferation zones during embryogenesisSoojin Ryu
Developmental Biology, Institute Biology 1, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Cell Cycle 5:1140-2. 2006....
- Depletion of minichromosome maintenance protein 5 in the zebrafish retina causes cell-cycle defect and apoptosisSoojin Ryu
Developmental Biology, Institute Biology 1, University of Freiburg, Hauptstrasse 1, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18467-72. 2005....
- Regeneration of inner retinal neurons after intravitreal injection of ouabain in zebrafishShane M Fimbel
Department of Biological Sciences and Center for Zebrafish Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
J Neurosci 27:1712-24. 2007..The regeneration response began within 1 dpi with increased proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) expression in both the INL and GCL. By 3 dpi, PCNA expression is primarily restricted to the Müller glia...
- p53 deficiency rescues apoptosis and differentiation of multiple cell types in zebrafish flathead mutants deficient for zygotic DNA polymerase delta1N Plaster
Georges Köhler Laboratory, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Cell Death Differ 13:223-35. 2006..This indicates that under replication-compromised conditions, the p53 branch of the S-phase checkpoint is responsible for eliminating stalled cells that, given more time, would have otherwise finished their normal developmental program...
- Histological and stereological evaluation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) spermatogenesis with an emphasis on spermatogonial generationsMarcelo C Leal
Laboratory of Cellular Biology, Department of Morphology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Biol Reprod 81:177-87. 2009..Hence, the events taking place during puberty in the germinal epithelium of mammals seem to recapitulate the "life history" of each individual spermatogenic cyst in zebrafish...
- The zebrafish galectin Drgal1-l2 is expressed by proliferating Müller glia and photoreceptor progenitors and regulates the regeneration of rod photoreceptorsSonya E L Craig
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:3244-52. 2010....
- Apc1 is required for maintenance of local brain organizers and dorsal midbrain survivalJudith T M L Paridaen
Hubrecht Institute, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dev Biol 331:101-12. 2009..These data demonstrate that Apc1-mediated restriction of Wnt/beta-catenin signalling is required for maintenance of local organizers and tectal integrity...
- CNTF induces photoreceptor neuroprotection and Müller glial cell proliferation through two different signaling pathways in the adult zebrafish retinaSean C Kassen
Department of Biological Sciences and Center for Zebrafish Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Exp Eye Res 88:1051-64. 2009..Thus, CNTF utilizes a MAPK-dependant signaling pathway in neuroprotection of light-induced photoreceptor cell death and a Stat3-dependant signaling pathway to stimulate Müller glia proliferation...
- Dnmt3 and G9a cooperate for tissue-specific development in zebrafishKunal Rai
Department of Oncological Sciences, oward Hughes Medical Institute, and Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 285:4110-21. 2010..We propose a model wherein specific DNMT-histone methyltransferase networks are utilized to silence critical regulators of cell fate in a tissue-specific manner...
- Expression of cohesin and condensin genes during zebrafish development supports a non-proliferative role for cohesinMaren Mönnich
Department of Pathology, The University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Gene Expr Patterns 9:586-94. 2009..A comparison with pcna expression and BrdU incorporation revealed that the expression of cohesins and condensins closely overlap with ..
- A two-step model for colon adenoma initiation and progression caused by APC lossReid A Phelps
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Cell 137:623-34. 2009..Consistent with this model, human FAP adenomas showed robust upregulation of CtBP1 in the absence of detectable nuclear beta-catenin, whereas nuclear beta-catenin was detected in carcinomas...
- Non-SMC condensin I complex proteins control chromosome segregation and survival of proliferating cells in the zebrafish neural retinaSabine Seipold
Max Delbruck Center MDC for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 9:40. 2009..However, due to the lack of appropriate mutants, the function of the condensin I complex during vertebrate development has not been described...
- Compensatory growth mechanisms regulated by BMP and FGF signaling mediate liver regeneration in zebrafish after partial hepatectomyNatalia G Kan
Gene Expression Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
FASEB J 23:3516-25. 2009....
- fezf2 expression delineates cells with proliferative potential and expressing markers of neural stem cells in the adult zebrafish brainMichael A Berberoglu
Programs in Developmental Biology, Neuroscience and Human Genetics, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158 2811, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 9:411-22. 2009....
- Regeneration of the pancreas in adult zebrafishJennifer B Moss
Sarah W Stedman Nutrition and Metabolism Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 58:1844-51. 2009..We demonstrate the regeneration of adult zebrafish pancreatic beta-cells. This nonmammalian model can be used to define pathways for islet-cell regeneration in humans...
- Genetic evidence for shared mechanisms of epimorphic regeneration in zebrafishZhao Qin
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, 830 North University, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1048, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9310-5. 2009..Comparison of gene expression profiles from regenerating zebrafish retina, caudal fin, and heart muscle revealed additional candidate genes potentially implicated in injury-induced epimorphic regeneration in diverse zebrafish tissues...
- Dendritic differentiation in the periphery of the growing zebrafish retinaUta J Paulsen
Anatomisches Institut, Universitat Tubingen, Osterbergstr 3, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Exp Eye Res 90:514-20. 2010..Moreover, ganglion cells with specific branching patterns towards the retinal periphery undergo a restructuring of their dendritic trees...
- Induction of apoptosis and inhibition of cell growth by tbx5 knockdown contribute to dysmorphogenesis in Zebrafish embryosJenher Lu
Department of Pediatrics and Pathology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 18:73. 2011..We report aberrant apoptosis and dormant cell growth over head, heart, trunk, fin, and tail of zebrafish embryos with tbx5 deficiency correspond to the dysmorphogenesis of tbx5 morphants...
- Analysis of Pax7 expressing myogenic cells in zebrafish muscle development, injury, and models of diseaseClaudia Seger
MRC Centre for Developmental and Biomedical Genetics, University of Sheffield, Firth Court, Western Bank, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 240:2440-51. 2011..We also analyzed Pax7(+ve) cells in animals with dystrophic phenotypes and found an increased number compared with wild-type...
- Cug2 is essential for normal mitotic control and CNS development in zebrafishHyun Taek Kim
Department of Biology, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, South Korea
BMC Dev Biol 11:49. 2011..However, the in vivo function of CUG2 has not been studied in animal models...
- The microcephaly gene aspm is involved in brain development in zebrafishHyun Taek Kim
Department of Biology and GRAST, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:640-4. 2011....
- Embryonic senescence and laminopathies in a progeroid zebrafish modelEriko Koshimizu
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17688. 2011..Zebrafish show an array of senescence symptoms resembling those in humans, which can be targeted to specific aging pathways conserved in vertebrates. However, no zebrafish models bearing human premature senescence currently exist...
- Abnormal development of motor neurons in perfluorooctane sulphonate exposed zebrafish embryosLing Zhang
Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Environment and Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
Ecotoxicology 20:643-52. 2011..0 mg/L PFOS, then we examined the expression of alpha-tubulin, proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA), cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (CDK5), and peroxiredoxin 2 (PRX2) after PFOS exposure until 120 hpf...
- Systemic splicing factor deficiency causes tissue-specific defects: a zebrafish model for retinitis pigmentosaBastian Linder
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 20:368-77. 2011..Hence, various routes affecting the tri-snRNP can elicit tissue-specific gene expression defects and lead to the RP phenotype...
- Id2a influences neuron and glia formation in the zebrafish retina by modulating retinoblast cell cycle kineticsRosa A Uribe
Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78722, USA
Development 137:3763-74. 2010....
- The ubiquitin proteasome system is required for cell proliferation of the lens epithelium and for differentiation of lens fiber cells in zebrafishFumiyasu Imai
Developmental Neurobiology Unit, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology OIST, Onna, Okinawa, Japan
Development 137:3257-68. 2010..These data suggest that the ubiquitin proteasome system is required for cell proliferation of lens epithelium and for the differentiation of lens fiber cells in zebrafish...
- Heterogeneity and Fgf dependence of adult neural progenitors in the zebrafish telencephalonJulia Ganz
Biotechnology Center and Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden, Dresden University of Technology, Tatzberg 47 49, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Glia 58:1345-63. 2010....
- Notch activity levels control the balance between quiescence and recruitment of adult neural stem cellsPrisca Chapouton
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Department, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:7961-74. 2010....
- Tgfbeta3 regulation of chondrogenesis and osteogenesis in zebrafish is mediated through formation and survival of a subpopulation of the cranial neural crestFelicia S H Cheah
Department of Pediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Mech Dev 127:329-44. 2010..Therefore, proper cranial neural crest formation and survival, and ultimately craniofacial chondrogenesis and osteogenesis, are dependent on tight regulation of Tgfbeta3 protein levels in zebrafish...
- Forebrain cell proliferation, behavior, and physiology of zebrafish, Danio rerio, kept in enriched or barren environmentsKristine von Krogh
Department of Production Animal Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, P O Box 8146 Dep, N 0033 Oslo, Norway
Physiol Behav 101:32-9. 2010..barren) for one week. Telencephalic cell proliferation was investigated by proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) immunohistochemistry...
- Characterization of neural stem cells and their progeny in the adult zebrafish optic tectumYoko Ito
Department of Life Science and Medical Bio Science, School of Advanced Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 2 2 Wakamatsu cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 162 8480, Japan
Dev Biol 342:26-38. 2010..These regions are distinguished by the differential expression of several marker genes: pcna, sox2, msi1, elavl3, gfap, fabp7a, and s100beta...
- Induction of cytochrome P450 1 genes and stress response genes in developing zebrafish exposed to ultraviolet radiationLars Behrendt
Biology Department, Redfield 352 MS 32, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 45 Water Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Aquat Toxicol 98:74-82. 2010..UVA alone had no effect on CYP1A expression. Proliferating cellular nuclear antigen (PCNA) and Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD1) transcript levels were induced (2.1+/-0.2 and 2.3+/-0...
- Cellular expression of midkine-a and midkine-b during retinal development and photoreceptor regeneration in zebrafishAnda Alexandra Calinescu
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Comp Neurol 514:1-10. 2009....
- Tcf3 inhibits spinal cord neurogenesis by regulating sox4a expressionSuzanna L Gribble
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Development 136:781-9. 2009..Both of these functions are mediated by Tcf3 independently of canonical Wnt signaling. Together, our data indicate a novel mechanism for the regulation of neurogenesis by Tcf3-mediated repression...
- Quantitative evaluation of the distribution of proliferating cells in the adult retina in three cyprinid speciesElena Cid
Biologia Celular, INCYL, Facultad de Medicina, Campus Unamuno, Universidad de Salamanca, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Cell Tissue Res 308:47-59. 2002..Evaluation of cell proliferation was performed in proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA)-labeled tissue sections as well as in single-cell suspensions analyzed by flow cytometry...
- Reciprocal gut microbiota transplants from zebrafish and mice to germ-free recipients reveal host habitat selectionJohn F Rawls
Center for Genome Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Cell 127:423-33. 2006....
- her5 expression reveals a pool of neural stem cells in the adult zebrafish midbrainPrisca Chapouton
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Junior Research Group, Institute of Virology, Technical University Munich, Trogerstrasse 4b, D 81675, Munich, Germany
Development 133:4293-303. 2006..In addition, the first transcription factor characteristic of this cell population, Her5, points to the E(Spl) as a promising family of candidate adult neural stem cell regulators...
- Endurance exercise differentially stimulates heart and axial muscle development in zebrafish (Danio rerio)T van der Meulen
Experimental Zoology Group, Wageningen University, Marijkeweg 40, 6709 PG Wageningen, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 291:R1040-8. 2006..In contrast, the heart muscle shifts to a faster phenotype but does not become more aerobic. This suggests that endurance training differentially affects heart and axial muscle...
- Conserved functions of Ikaros in vertebrate lymphocyte development: genetic evidence for distinct larval and adult phases of T cell development and two lineages of B cells in zebrafishMichael Schorpp
Department of Developmental Immunology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
J Immunol 177:2463-76. 2006..By contrast, B cells expressing the igz isotype do not develop, providing genetic evidence for two separate B cell lineages in zebrafish. Thus, Ikaros appears to play similar roles in fish and mammalian lymphopoiesis...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation produces heart-specific transcriptional and toxic responses in developing zebrafishSara A Carney
Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Program, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Mol Pharmacol 70:549-61. 2006..More than 70% of the transcripts in this heart-specific cluster promote cellular growth and proliferation. Thus, the developing heart stands out as being responsive to TCDD at both the level of toxicity and gene expression...
- A phylotypic stage in vertebrate brain development: GABA cell patterns in zebrafish compared with mouseThomas Mueller
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institute of Neurobiology A Fessard, Development, Evolution, and Plasticity of the Nervous System, Research Unit 2197, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Comp Neurol 494:620-34. 2006....
- Effects of selected xenoestrogens on liver peroxisomes, vitellogenin levels and spermatogenic cell proliferation in male zebrafishMaren Ortiz-Zarragoitia
Biologia Zelularra eta Histologia Laborategia, Zoologia eta Biologia Zelularra Saila, Zientzia eta Teknologia Fakultatea, UPV EHU, 644 PK, E 48080 Bilbo, Basque Country, Spain
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 141:133-44. 2005..No such association occurred with typical peroxisome proliferators such as DBP...
- Delta-Notch signalling controls commitment to a secretory fate in the zebrafish intestineCecile Crosnier
Vertebrate Development Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Development 132:1093-104. 2005..These findings demonstrate the central role of Notch signalling in the gut stem-cell system and establish the zebrafish as a model for study of the mechanisms controlling renewal of gut epithelium...
- Development of the catecholaminergic system in the early zebrafish brain: an immunohistochemical studyElke Rink
Brain Research Institute, University of Bremen, P O Box 33 04 40, D 28334 Bremen, Germany
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 137:89-100. 2002..preparations for visualizing TH cells and cells containing the proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA cells) were carried out allowing for a prosomeric interpretation of early forebrain TH cell clusters...
- Both Hoxc13 orthologs are functionally important for zebrafish tail fin regenerationRyan Thummel
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Dev Genes Evol 217:413-20. 2007..Hence, similar to the demonstration of unique functions of multiple Hox genes during limb formation, both Hoxc13 orthologs have distinct functions in regeneration...
- Mutations in gfpt1 and skiv2l2 cause distinct stage-specific defects in larval melanocyte regeneration in zebrafishChao Tsung Yang
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
PLoS Genet 3:e88. 2007..We suggest that mechanisms of regeneration identified in this mutant screen may reveal fundamental differences between the mechanisms that establish differentiated cells during embryogenesis, and those involved in larval or adult growth...
- Characterization of Müller glia and neuronal progenitors during adult zebrafish retinal regenerationRyan Thummel
Department of Biological Sciences and the Center for Zebrafish Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Exp Eye Res 87:433-44. 2008..We compared the temporal and spatial expression patterns of these markers relative to PCNA (proliferating cell nuclear antigen), an established marker for proliferating cells in the zebrafish retina, and ..
- The Tg(ccnb1:EGFP) transgenic zebrafish line labels proliferating cells during retinal development and regenerationSean C Kassen
Department of Biological Sciences and Center for Zebrafish Research, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Mol Vis 14:951-63. 2008..To create the Tg(ccnb1:EGFP)(nt18) zebrafish line that spatially and temporally labels retinal progenitor cells with enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP) during zebrafish retinal development and regeneration...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) telomerase catalytic subunit (telomerase reverse transcriptase, TERT)Benson Wui Man Lau
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Mol Neurosci 34:63-75. 2008..The expression of telomerase activity and TERT in retina implies that telomerase has functions other than the elongation of telomere. These findings could provide new insights on telomerase function in the nervous system...
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) is essential for development of zebrafish, Danio rerioKanako Ito
Laboratory of Fish Pathology, Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, Kameino 1866, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252 8510, Japan
Dev Comp Immunol 32:664-72. 2008..Moreover, proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA)-positive cells were reduced in morphant eyes...
- An olig2 reporter gene marks oligodendrocyte precursors in the postembryonic spinal cord of zebrafishHae Chul Park
Graduate School of Medicine, Korea University, Ansan, Gyeonggido, Republic of Korea
Dev Dyn 236:3402-7. 2007..olig2(+) radial glia have hallmarks of stem cells and their divisions appear to be asymmetric, producing new oligodendrocytes but not neurons or astrocytes...
- Characterization of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase and polymerase mu in zebrafishSusann Beetz
Biology Department, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
Immunogenetics 59:735-44. 2007..The characterization of zebrafish TdT and polmu provide new insights in fish lymphopoiesis and addresses the importance and evolution of TdT and polmu themselves...
- Cellular correlates of proneural and Notch-delta gene expression in the regenerating zebrafish retinaPatrick Yurco
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Vis Neurosci 24:437-43. 2007..A model of vertebrate retinal repair is suggested in which damage-induced expression of proneural genes, plus canonical Notch-Delta signaling, could contribute to retinal stem cell promotion and subsequent regenerative neurogenesis...
- T-cell factor 4 (Tcf7l2) maintains proliferative compartments in zebrafish intestineVanesa Muncan
Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Center for Biomedical Research, Hubrecht Institute, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
EMBO Rep 8:966-73. 2007..This study underscores the involvement of Tcf4 in maintaining proliferative self-renewal in the intestine throughout life...
- Cloning and embryonic expression of zebrafish PLAG genesHelene Pendeville
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et Génie Génétique, Center for Biomedical Integrated Genoproteomics, University of Liege, B6 4000 Liège Sart Tilman, Belgium
Gene Expr Patterns 6:267-76. 2006..We show that this pattern resembles the one observed for the proliferative marker PCNA, suggesting that the PLAG genes are expressed more strongly in zones of active proliferation...
- Proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) as a proliferative marker during embryonic and adult zebrafish hematopoiesisAnskar Y H Leung
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Histochem Cell Biol 124:105-11. 2005We investigated the expression of proliferative cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) in zebrafish to delineate the proliferative hematopoietic component during adult and embryonic hematopoiesis...
- Motor neuron regeneration in adult zebrafishMichell M Reimer
Centre for Neuroscience Research, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Summerhall, Edinburgh EH9 1QH, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:8510-6. 2008....
- Neurotoxicity assessment using zebrafishChuenlei Parng
Phylonix Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 100 Inman St, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 55:103-12. 2007..Transparency is a unique attribute of zebrafish that permits direct assessment of drug effects on the nervous system using whole mount antibody immunostaining and histochemistry...
- Liver growth in the embryo and during liver regeneration in zebrafish requires the cell cycle regulator, uhrf1Kirsten C Sadler
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1570-5. 2007..This indicates that uhrf1 is required for physiologic liver growth in both embryos and adults and illustrates that zebrafish livers regenerate...
- Identification of aromatase-positive radial glial cells as progenitor cells in the ventricular layer of the forebrain in zebrafishElisabeth Pellegrini
Endocrinologie Moleculaire de la Reproduction, UMR CNRS 6026, Universite de Rennes 1, 35042 Rennes, France
J Comp Neurol 501:150-67. 2007....
- NOVEL USE OF ZEBRAFISH FOR APOPTOSIS ASSAYChuenlei Parng; Fiscal Year: 2004..Complementary visual and flow cytometry based assays will also be developed to provide comprehensive analysis of apoptosis in zebrafish. ..
- ASSAY FOR DETERMINING DRUG TOXICITYChuenlei Parng; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiotoxicity Drug Screening Using ZebrafishChuenlei Parng; Fiscal Year: 2004..Zebrafish drug screens can serve as an intermediate step between cell-based and mammalian testing, streamlining the drug development timeline. ..
- Zebrafish Screen for Neuroprotective Anti-oxidantsChuenlei Parng; Fiscal Year: 2005..Assessment of drug effects in a convenient vertebrate model, prior to evaluation in a complex system, such as mouse, can potentially streamline the drug development process and dramatically reduce costs. ..
- Understanding fatty liver disease using the zebrafish mutant, foie grasKIRSTEN C SADLER EDEPLI; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will conclusively demonstrate whether this pathway is protective or pathologic in the development of steatosis. ..