Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pax9
Description: paired box 9
Alias: paired box protein Pax-9, etID309776.17, paired box gene 9, paired box homeotic gene 9
- Fleming A, Keynes R, Tannahill D. A central role for the notochord in vertebral patterning. Development. 2004;131:873-80 pubmed..These findings suggest that the notochord plays a key, perhaps ancient, role in the segmental patterning of vertebrae. ..
- Pietsch J, Delalande J, Jakaitis B, Stensby J, Dohle S, Talbot W, et al. lessen encodes a zebrafish trap100 required for enteric nervous system development. Development. 2006;133:395-406 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that lsn/trap100 is not required for initial steps of cranial neural crest development and migration, but is essential for later proliferation of ENS precursors in the intestine. ..
- Swartz M, Sheehan Rooney K, Dixon M, Eberhart J. Examination of a palatogenic gene program in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2204-20 pubmed publisher..Functional investigation of a subset of these genes, fgf10a, tgfb2, pax9, and smad5 revealed their necessity in zebrafish palatogenesis...
- Majumdar A, Drummond I. The zebrafish floating head mutant demonstrates podocytes play an important role in directing glomerular differentiation. Dev Biol. 2000;222:147-57 pubmed..Furthermore, we find defects in sclerotomal development that correlate with defects in glomerular morphogenesis suggesting a possible link between the formation of these embryonic structures. ..
- Takke C, Campos Ortega J. her1, a zebrafish pair-rule like gene, acts downstream of notch signalling to control somite development. Development. 1999;126:3005-14 pubmed..Whereas notch signalling alone apparently does not affect myogenesis, zebrafish groucho2 is involved in differentiation of mesodermal derivatives. ..
- Amigo J, Ackermann G, Cope J, Yu M, Cooney J, Ma D, et al. The role and regulation of friend of GATA-1 (FOG-1) during blood development in the zebrafish. Blood. 2009;114:4654-63 pubmed publisher..One of these enhancers contains functional GATA-binding sites, indicating the potential for a regulatory loop in which GATA factors control the expression of their partner protein FOG-1. ..
- Nachtrab G, Kikuchi K, Tornini V, Poss K. Transcriptional components of anteroposterior positional information during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2013;140:3754-64 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for mechanisms of positional memory in vertebrate tissues. ..
- Phillips C, Butler B, Fondon J, Mantilla Meluk H, Baker R. Contrasting evolutionary dynamics of the developmental regulator PAX9, among bats, with evidence for a novel post-transcriptional regulatory mechanism. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57649 pubmed publisher..The paired-domain gene, PAX9, is known to be a key regulator of development, particularly of the face and teeth...
- Chen H, Beasley A, Hu Y, Chen X. A Zebrafish Model for Studies on Esophageal Epithelial Biology. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143878 pubmed publisher..Expression of esophageal epithelial marker genes (Krt5, P63, Sox2 and Pax9) was detected by immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization...
- Laue K, Daujat S, Crump J, Plaster N, Roehl H, Kimmel C, et al. The multidomain protein Brpf1 binds histones and is required for Hox gene expression and segmental identity. Development. 2008;135:1935-46 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Brpf1, coordinated by its particular set of domains, acts by multiple mechanisms to mediate Moz-dependent histone acetylation and to mark Hox genes for maintained expression throughout vertebrate development. ..
- Kinkel M, Eames S, Alonzo M, Prince V. Cdx4 is required in the endoderm to localize the pancreas and limit beta-cell number. Development. 2008;135:919-29 pubmed publisher..In support of this, we demonstrate that in cdx4-deficient embryos treated with RA, ectopic beta-cells are located well posterior to the normal pancreatic domain. ..
- Stock D, Jackman W, Trapani J. Developmental genetic mechanisms of evolutionary tooth loss in cypriniform fishes. Development. 2006;133:3127-37 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that a loss of Fgf signaling to oral epithelium was associated with cypriniform tooth loss...
- Jackman W, Draper B, Stock D. Fgf signaling is required for zebrafish tooth development. Dev Biol. 2004;274:139-57 pubmed..differences in gene expression between zebrafish and mouse teeth are indicated by the apparent lack of fgf8 and pax9 expression in zebrafish tooth germs...
- Konig C, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Wendler S, Campos Ortega J. A recessive mutation leading to vertebral ankylosis in zebrafish is associated with amino acid alterations in the homologue of the human membrane-associated guanylate kinase DLG3. Mech Dev. 1999;86:17-28 pubmed..The results of this study are discussed in the light of the possible function of the guanylate kinase domain. ..
- Nornes S, Clarkson M, Mikkola I, Pedersen M, Bardsley A, Martinez J, et al. Zebrafish contains two pax6 genes involved in eye development. Mech Dev. 1998;77:185-96 pubmed
- Nornes S, Mikkola I, Krauss S, Delghandi M, Perander M, Johansen T. Zebrafish Pax9 encodes two proteins with distinct C-terminal transactivating domains of different potency negatively regulated by adjacent N-terminal sequences. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26914-23 pubmedWe describe the isolation of cDNA clones for zebrafish Pax9. Pax9 expression was initiated at the end of the segmentation period in mesenchymal sclerotome cells on both sides of the notochord similarly to the corresponding mouse and chick ..