Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pax5
Description: paired box 5
Alias: Pax[Zf-b], noi, pax2.1, pax2a, paxzf-b, paired box protein Pax-5, No isthmus protein, paired box gene 5
- Schorpp M, Bialecki M, Diekhoff D, Walderich B, Odenthal J, Maischein H, et al. Conserved functions of Ikaros in vertebrate lymphocyte development: genetic evidence for distinct larval and adult phases of T cell development and two lineages of B cells in zebrafish. J Immunol. 2006;177:2463-76 pubmed..By contrast, B cells expressing the igz isotype do not develop, providing genetic evidence for two separate B cell lineages in zebrafish. Thus, Ikaros appears to play similar roles in fish and mammalian lymphopoiesis. ..
- Wittamer V, Bertrand J, Gutschow P, Traver D. Characterization of the mononuclear phagocyte system in zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:7126-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that mhc2dab:GFP and cd45:DsRed transgenic lines will be instrumental in elucidating the immune response in the zebrafish. ..
- Svoboda O, Stachura D, Machonova O, Zon L, Traver D, Bartunek P. Ex vivo tools for the clonal analysis of zebrafish hematopoiesis. Nat Protoc. 2016;11:1007-20 pubmed publisher..The present protocol should facilitate such studies on cells derived from zebrafish. ..
- Albuixech Crespo B, López Blanch L, Burguera D, Maeso I, Sánchez Arrones L, Moreno Bravo J, et al. Molecular regionalization of the developing amphioxus neural tube challenges major partitions of the vertebrate brain. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001573 pubmed publisher..This suggests that these domains have a common developmental and evolutionary origin, as supported by functional experiments manipulating secondary organizers in zebrafish and mice. ..
- Batista M, Lewis K. Pax2/8 act redundantly to specify glycinergic and GABAergic fates of multiple spinal interneurons. Dev Biol. 2008;323:88-97 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we show that in zebrafish most glycinergic and many GABAergic spinal interneurons express Pax2a, Pax2b and Pax8 and that these transcription factors are redundantly required for the neurotransmitter fates of ..
- Kwak S, Vemaraju S, Moorman S, Zeddies D, Popper A, Riley B. Zebrafish pax5 regulates development of the utricular macula and vestibular function. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3026-38 pubmed..Hair cells in the saccule develop and survive normally. Otic expression of pax5 requires pax2a and fgf3, mutations in which cause vestibular defects, albeit by distinct mechanisms...
- He Y, Tang D, Li W, Chai R, Li H. Histone deacetylase 1 is required for the development of the zebrafish inner ear. Sci Rep. 2016;6:16535 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that HDAC1 plays an important role in otic vesicle formation. ..
- Kwon H, Riley B. Mesendodermal signals required for otic induction: Bmp-antagonists cooperate with Fgf and can facilitate formation of ectopic otic tissue. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1582-94 pubmed publisher..Developmental Dynamics 238:1582-1594, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Kantarci H, Edlund R, Groves A, Riley B. Tfap2a promotes specification and maturation of neurons in the inner ear through modulation of Bmp, Fgf and notch signaling. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005037 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support a model in which Tfap2a, acting through Bmp7a, modulates Fgf and Notch signaling to control the duration, amount and speed of SAG neural development. ..
- Dutton K, Abbas L, Spencer J, Brannon C, Mowbray C, Nikaido M, et al. A zebrafish model for Waardenburg syndrome type IV reveals diverse roles for Sox10 in the otic vesicle. Dis Model Mech. 2009;2:68-83 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implication that the deafness in WS4 patients with SOX10 mutations might reflect a haploinsufficiency for SOX10 in the otic epithelium, resulting in patterning and functional abnormalities in the inner ear. ..
- Lin C, Spikings E, Zhang T, Rawson D. Effect of chilling and cryopreservation on expression of Pax genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos and blastomeres. Cryobiology. 2009;59:42-7 pubmed publisher..study, we used real-time RT-PCR analysis to determine the effect of chilling and cryopreservation on expression of Pax2a, Pax2b, Pax5 and Pax8 which constitute one subgroup of the Pax gene family...
- Schibler A, Malicki J. A screen for genetic defects of the zebrafish ear. Mech Dev. 2007;124:592-604 pubmed..As it proved to be the case in past screening efforts of this type, these mutant lines represent an asset in the studies of molecular mechanisms that regulate vertebrate ear development. ..
- O Hara F, Beck E, Barr L, Wong L, Kessler D, Riddle R. Zebrafish Lmx1b.1 and Lmx1b.2 are required for maintenance of the isthmic organizer. Development. 2005;132:3163-73 pubmed..We propose that Lmx1b.1- and Lmx1b.2-mediated regulation of wnt1, wnt3a, wnt10b, pax8 and fgf8 maintains cell survival in the isthmocerebellar region. ..
- Ma W, Zhang J. Jag1b is essential for patterning inner ear sensory cristae by regulating anterior morphogenetic tissue separation and preventing posterior cell death. Development. 2015;142:763-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, Jag1b uses two distinct mechanisms to form three sensory cristae in zebrafish. ..
- Phillips B, Kwon H, Melton C, Houghtaling P, Fritz A, Riley B. Zebrafish msxB, msxC and msxE function together to refine the neural-nonneural border and regulate cranial placodes and neural crest development. Dev Biol. 2006;294:376-90 pubmed..These data suggest that mutual antagonism between Msx and Dlx proteins achieves a balance of function required for normal preplacodal differentiation and placement of the neural-nonneural border. ..
- Tallafuss A, Wilm T, Crozatier M, Pfeffer P, Wassef M, Bally Cuif L. The zebrafish buttonhead-like factor Bts1 is an early regulator of pax2.1 expression during mid-hindbrain development. Development. 2001;128:4021-34 pubmed..In addition, they imply that flies and vertebrates, to control the development of a boundary embryonic region, have probably co-opted a similar strategy: the restriction to this territory of the expression of a Btd/Sp-like factor. ..
- Krauss S, Johansen T, Korzh V, Fjose A. Expression of the zebrafish paired box gene pax[zf-b] during early neurogenesis. Development. 1991;113:1193-206 pubmed..The characteristic expression pattern of pax[zf-b] in the neural tube suggests an involvement of this gene in the regionalization of the midbrain as well as in the specification of neuronal cell fates at early embryonic stages. ..
- Maulding K, Padanad M, Dong J, Riley B. Mesodermal Fgf10b cooperates with other fibroblast growth factors during induction of otic and epibranchial placodes in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1275-85 pubmed publisher..fgf10b participates in a late phase of otic induction and, in combination with fgf3, is especially critical for epibranchial induction. ..
- Kantarci H, Gerberding A, Riley B. Spemann organizer gene Goosecoid promotes delamination of neuroblasts from the otic vesicle. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E6840-E6848 pubmed..The medial marker Pax2a is required to restrict the domain of gsc expression, and misexpression of Pax2a is sufficient to block ..
- Bertrand J, Chi N, Santoso B, Teng S, Stainier D, Traver D. Haematopoietic stem cells derive directly from aortic endothelium during development. Nature. 2010;464:108-11 pubmed publisher..Finally, using a permanent lineage tracing strategy, we demonstrate that the HSCs generated from haemogenic endothelium are the lineal founders of the adult haematopoietic system. ..
- McCarroll M, Nechiporuk A. Fgf3 and Fgf10a work in concert to promote maturation of the epibranchial placodes in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e85087 pubmed publisher..Whereas EB placodes are induced in the absence of Fgf3 and Fgf10a, they fail to express placode specific markers Pax2a and Sox3...
- Scholpp S, Lohs C, Brand M. Engrailed and Fgf8 act synergistically to maintain the boundary between diencephalon and mesencephalon. Development. 2003;130:4881-93 pubmed..This provides an example of a mechanism needed to maintain the subdivision of the anterior neural plate into forebrain and midbrain. ..
- Chen Y, Sundvik M, Rozov S, Priyadarshini M, Panula P. MANF regulates dopaminergic neuron development in larval zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;370:237-49 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, manf mRNA could partly restore the decrease of th1 positive cells in Nr4a2-deficient larvae. These results suggest that MANF is involved in the regulation of the development of dopaminergic system in zebrafish. ..
- Moore J, Mulligan T, Torres Yordán N, Castranova D, Pham V, Tang Q, et al. T cell immune deficiency in zap70 mutant zebrafish. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;: pubmed..zap70 mutant zebrafish show remarkable conservation of immune cell dysfunction as found in mice and humans and will serve as a valuable model to study zap70 immunodeficiency. ..