Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pax3a
Description: paired box 3a
Alias: pax3, zgc:92547, paired box protein Pax-3, etID309899.2, paired box gene 3, paired box gene 3a, paired box homeotic gene 3
- Kao T, Chu C, Lee G, Hsiao T, Cheng N, Chang N, et al. Folate deficiency-induced oxidative stress contributes to neuropathy in young and aged zebrafish--implication in neural tube defects and Alzheimer's diseases. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;71:234-44 pubmed publisher..We concluded that folate deficiency-induced oxidative stress contributed to the folate deficiency-associated neuropathogenesis in both early and late stages of life. ..
- Liedtke D, Winkler C. Midkine-b regulates cell specification at the neural plate border in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:62-74 pubmed..Our results imply that Mdkb is required for the earliest steps of cell specification at the neural plate border in zebrafish...
- Hauptmann G, Lauter G, SÃ¶ll I. Detection and signal amplification in zebrafish RNA FISH. Methods. 2016;98:50-59 pubmed publisher..The protocols take advantage of optimized tyramide signal amplification (TSA) conditions of the PO assay and long-lasting high signal-to-noise ratio of the AP reaction, thereby enabling detection of less abundant transcripts. ..
- Guner B, Karlstrom R. Cloning of zebrafish nkx6.2 and a comprehensive analysis of the conserved transcriptional response to Hedgehog/Gli signaling in the zebrafish neural tube. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:596-605 pubmed
- Lin C, Chen W, Lee H, Yang P, Yang H, Tsai H. The transcription factor Six1a plays an essential role in the craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;331:152-66 pubmed publisher..Although the craniofacial muscle defects caused by pax3-MO phenocopied those induced by six1a-MO, injection of six1a, myod or myf5 mRNA did not rescue the cranial muscle ..
- Lewis J, Bonner J, Modrell M, Ragland J, Moon R, Dorsky R, et al. Reiterated Wnt signaling during zebrafish neural crest development. Development. 2004;131:1299-308 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that Wnt signals are critical for the initial induction of zebrafish neural crest and suggest that this signaling pathway plays reiterated roles in its development. ..
- Gribble S, Kim H, Bonner J, Wang X, Dorsky R. Tcf3 inhibits spinal cord neurogenesis by regulating sox4a expression. Development. 2009;136:781-9 pubmed publisher..Both of these functions are mediated by Tcf3 independently of canonical Wnt signaling. Together, our data indicate a novel mechanism for the regulation of neurogenesis by Tcf3-mediated repression. ..
- Han R, Wang R, Zhao Q, Han Y, Zong S, Miao S, et al. Trim69 regulates zebrafish brain development by ap-1 pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24034 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results support a role for trim69 in the development of the zebrafish brain through ap-1 pathway. ..
- Anderson M, Pham V, Vogel A, Weinstein B, Roman B. Loss of unc45a precipitates arteriovenous shunting in the aortic arches. Dev Biol. 2008;318:258-67 pubmed publisher..Our results are the first to ascribe a role for Unc45a, a putative myosin chaperone, in vertebrate development, and identify a novel mechanism by which an AVM can form...
- Albuixech Crespo B, López Blanch L, Burguera D, Maeso I, Sánchez Arrones L, Moreno Bravo J, et al. Molecular regionalization of the developing amphioxus neural tube challenges major partitions of the vertebrate brain. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001573 pubmed publisher..This suggests that these domains have a common developmental and evolutionary origin, as supported by functional experiments manipulating secondary organizers in zebrafish and mice. ..
- Garnett A, Square T, Medeiros D. BMP, Wnt and FGF signals are integrated through evolutionarily conserved enhancers to achieve robust expression of Pax3 and Zic genes at the zebrafish neural plate border. Development. 2012;139:4220-31 pubmed publisher..to determine whether, and when, BMP, Wnt and FGF signaling are needed for expression of the NPB specifiers pax3a and zic3 in zebrafish...
- Lauter G, Söll I, Hauptmann G. Molecular characterization of prosomeric and intraprosomeric subdivisions of the embryonic zebrafish diencephalon. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:1093-118 pubmed publisher..Our comparative gene expression analysis conformed with the idea of a common bauplan for the diencephalon of anamniote and amniote vertebrates from fish to mammals. ..
- Iyengar S, Kasheta M, Ceol C. Poised Regeneration of Zebrafish Melanocytes Involves Direct Differentiation and Concurrent Replenishment of Tissue-Resident Progenitor Cells. Dev Cell. 2015;33:631-43 pubmed publisher..Combining direct differentiation with symmetric progenitor divisions may serve as a means to rapidly repair injured tissue while preserving the capacity to regenerate. ..
- Sisson B, Dale R, Mui S, Topczewska J, Topczewski J. A role of glypican4 and wnt5b in chondrocyte stacking underlying craniofacial cartilage morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 2015;138 Pt 3:279-90 pubmed publisher..This data suggests a novel mechanism for Wnt5b and Gpc4 regulation of chondrocyte behavior that is independent of the core Wnt/PCP molecules and differs from their collaborative action of controlling cell movements during gastrulation. ..
- Mukherjee K, Ishii K, Pillalamarri V, Kammin T, Atkin J, Hickey S, et al. Actin capping protein CAPZB regulates cell morphology, differentiation, and neural crest migration in craniofacial morphogenesisâ€ . Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1255-70 pubmed publisher..In addition, capzb over-expression results in embryonic lethality. Therefore, proper capzb dosage is important during embryogenesis, and regulates both cell behavior and tissue morphogenesis. ..
- Windner S, Doris R, Ferguson C, Nelson A, Valentin G, Tan H, et al. Tbx6, Mesp-b and Ripply1 regulate the onset of skeletal myogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2015;142:1159-68 pubmed publisher..and sufficient for the specification of a subpopulation of muscle progenitors, the central proportion of the Pax3(+)/Pax7(+) dermomyotome...
- Esain V, Postlethwait J, Charnay P, Ghislain J. FGF-receptor signalling controls neural cell diversity in the zebrafish hindbrain by regulating olig2 and sox9. Development. 2010;137:33-42 pubmed publisher..Overall, for the first time in vivo, our results reveal a mechanism of FGF in the control of neural cell diversity. ..
- Saera Vila A, Kasprick D, Junttila T, Grzegorski S, Louie K, Chiari E, et al. Myocyte Dedifferentiation Drives Extraocular Muscle Regeneration in Adult Zebrafish. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:4977-93 pubmed publisher..A mechanistic understanding of myocyte reprogramming may facilitate novel approaches to the development of molecular tools for targeted therapeutic regeneration in skeletal muscle disorders and beyond. ..
- Cretekos C, Grunwald D. alyron, an insertional mutation affecting early neural crest development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 1999;210:322-38 pubmed
- Johnson J, Hall T, Dyson J, Sonntag C, Ayers K, Berger S, et al. Scube activity is necessary for Hedgehog signal transduction in vivo. Dev Biol. 2012;368:193-202 pubmed publisher..We further define the molecular role of scube2 in HH signaling. ..
- Gates K, Mentzer L, Karlstrom R, Sirotkin H. The transcriptional repressor REST/NRSF modulates hedgehog signaling. Dev Biol. 2010;340:293-305 pubmed publisher..The role of Rest as a regulator of Hh signaling has broad implications for many developmental contexts where REST and Hh signaling act. ..
- Zhang J, Laurence Souders C, Denslow N, Martyniuk C. Quercetin, a natural product supplement, impairs mitochondrial bioenergetics and locomotor behavior in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:30-38 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that quercetin may affect locomotion and induce deformities in zebrafish larvae by diminishing ATP production and by altering the expression of transcripts related to muscle formation and activity. ..
- Cox S, Kim H, Garnett A, Medeiros D, An W, Crump J. An essential role of variant histone H3.3 for ectomesenchyme potential of the cranial neural crest. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002938 pubmed publisher..3 in the broad potential of the ectoderm-derived CNC, including the ability to make the mesoderm-like ectomesenchymal precursors of the head skeleton...
- Hauptmann G, Söll I, Gerster T. The early embryonic zebrafish forebrain is subdivided into molecularly distinct transverse and longitudinal domains. Brain Res Bull. 2002;57:371-5 pubmed..Furthermore, we identified a series of eight transverse diencephalic domains which may indicate a prosomeric organization of the rostral zebrafish brain. ..
- Nguyen P, Hollway G, Sonntag C, Miles L, Hall T, Berger S, et al. Haematopoietic stem cell induction by somite-derived endothelial cells controlled by meox1. Nature. 2014;512:314-8 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the molecular basis for a novel somite lineage restriction mechanism and defines a new paradigm in induction of definitive HSCs. ..
- Zannino D, Downes G, SAGERSTROM C. prdm12b specifies the p1 progenitor domain and reveals a role for V1 interneurons in swim movements. Dev Biol. 2014;390:247-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that prdm12b is required for V1 interneuron specification and that these neurons control swimming movements in zebrafish. ..
- Groves J, Hammond C, Hughes S. Fgf8 drives myogenic progression of a novel lateral fast muscle fibre population in zebrafish. Development. 2005;132:4211-22 pubmed..cells transiently express myf5 but fail to make muscle and remain in a dermomyotome-like state characterised by pax3 and meox expression...
- Tu C, Yang T, Huang H, Tsai H. Zebrafish arl6ip1 is required for neural crest development during embryogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32899 pubmed publisher..Although the embryonic expression pattern of ADP ribosylation factor-like 6 interacting protein 1 (Arl6ip1) has been reported, its function in neural crest development is unclear...
- Li W, Cornell R. Redundant activities of Tfap2a and Tfap2c are required for neural crest induction and development of other non-neural ectoderm derivatives in zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol. 2007;304:338-54 pubmed
- Algama M, Tasker E, Williams C, Parslow A, Bryson Richardson R, Keith J. Genome-wide identification of conserved intronic non-coding sequences using a Bayesian segmentation approach. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:259 pubmed publisher..We attribute the higher sensitivity of the pathway-focussed analysis compared to the genome-wide analysis to improved alignment quality, suggesting that enhanced genomic alignments may reveal many more conserved intronic sequences. ..
- Bergeron S, Tyurina O, Miller E, Bagas A, Karlstrom R. Brother of cdo (umleitung) is cell-autonomously required for Hedgehog-mediated ventral CNS patterning in the zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:75-85 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a role for Boc in ventral CNS cells that receive high levels of Hh and uncovers previously unknown roles for Boc in vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Schnapp E, Pistocchi A, Karampetsou E, Foglia E, Lamia C, Cotelli F, et al. Induced early expression of mrf4 but not myog rescues myogenesis in the myod/myf5 double-morphant zebrafish embryo. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:481-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore our data also show that the early myotome is essential for subsequent skeletal muscle differentiation and patterning in the zebrafish. ..
- Minchin J, Hughes S. Sequential actions of Pax3 and Pax7 drive xanthophore development in zebrafish neural crest. Dev Biol. 2008;317:508-22 pubmed publisherThe Pax3/7 gene family has a fundamental and conserved role during neural crest formation. In people, PAX3 mutation causes Waardenburg syndrome, and murine Pax3 is essential for pigment formation...
- Bergeron S, Milla L, Villegas R, Shen M, Burgess S, Allende M, et al. Expression profiling identifies novel Hh/Gli-regulated genes in developing zebrafish embryos. Genomics. 2008;91:165-77 pubmed..We thus provide a comprehensive survey of Hh/Gli-regulated genes during embryogenesis and we identify new Hh-regulated genes that may be targets of misregulation during tumorigenesis. ..
- Ragland J, Raible D. Signals derived from the underlying mesoderm are dispensable for zebrafish neural crest induction. Dev Biol. 2004;276:16-30 pubmed
- Dutta S, Dawid I. Kctd15 inhibits neural crest formation by attenuating Wnt/beta-catenin signaling output. Development. 2010;137:3013-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that Kctd15 inhibits NC formation by attenuating the output of the canonical Wnt pathway, thereby restricting expansion of the NC domain beyond its normal range...
- Gribble S, Nikolaus O, Dorsky R. Regulation and function of Dbx genes in the zebrafish spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:3472-83 pubmed..Our data confirm that the dbx1a/1b/2 domain in zebrafish spinal cord development behaves similarly to amniotes, while extending knowledge of Dbx1 function in spinal cord patterning. ..
- Li Y, Chen H, Li Y, Wu S, Wangta Liu -, Lin G, et al. Progranulin regulates zebrafish muscle growth and regeneration through maintaining the pool of myogenic progenitor cells. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1176 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate a critical role for PGRN in the maintenance of MPC and suggest that muscle atrophy under PGRN loss may begin with MPC during postembryonic myogenesis. ..
- Minchin J, Williams V, Hinits Y, Low S, Tandon P, Fan C, et al. Oesophageal and sternohyal muscle fibres are novel Pax3-dependent migratory somite derivatives essential for ingestion. Development. 2013;140:2972-84 pubmed publisher..during feeding, and oesophageal striated muscle (OSM), which is crucial for voluntary swallowing, arise from Pax3-expressing somite cells...
- Gao Y, Dai Z, Shi C, Zhai G, Jin X, He J, et al. Depletion of Myostatin b Promotes Somatic Growth and Lipid Metabolism in Zebrafish. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2016;7:88 pubmed publisher..Our mstnb-deficient model could be valuable in understanding not only the growth trait regulation in teleosts but also the mechanisms of teleost energy metabolism. ..
- Guner B, Ozacar A, Thomas J, Karlstrom R. Graded hedgehog and fibroblast growth factor signaling independently regulate pituitary cell fates and help establish the pars distalis and pars intermedia of the zebrafish adenohypophysis. Endocrinology. 2008;149:4435-51 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that there are distinct origins and signaling requirements for the PD and PI. ..
- Lacosta A, Canudas J, Gonzalez C, Muniesa P, Sarasa M, Dominguez L. Pax7 identifies neural crest, chromatophore lineages and pigment stem cells during zebrafish development. Int J Dev Biol. 2007;51:327-31 pubmed..that Pax7 is broadly expressed in the cranial crest cells, which indicates that duplication of the paralogous group Pax3/7 at the origin of vertebrates included the conserved expression of Pax7 in the head neural crest of all of the ..
- Elsen G, Choi L, Millen K, Grinblat Y, Prince V. Zic1 and Zic4 regulate zebrafish roof plate specification and hindbrain ventricle morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;314:376-92 pubmed publisher..In summary, we conclude that Zic1 and Zic4 control zebrafish 4th ventricle morphogenesis by regulating multiple mechanisms including cell proliferation and fate specification in the dorsal hindbrain. ..
- Flowers G, Topczewska J, Topczewski J. A zebrafish Notum homolog specifically blocks the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. Development. 2012;139:2416-25 pubmed publisher..Notum 1a does not interact with Glypican 4, an essential component of the Wnt/planar cell polarity (PCP) pathway. Our results suggest a surprising specific role of Notum in the developing vertebrate embryo. ..
- Nesan D, Kamkar M, Burrows J, Scott I, Marsden M, Vijayan M. Glucocorticoid receptor signaling is essential for mesoderm formation and muscle development in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2012;153:1288-300 pubmed publisher..GR morphants displayed reduced expression of BMP-modulated genes, including eve1 and pax3. Zebrafish GR mRNA injection rescued the GR morphant phenotype and reversed the disrupted expression of BMP and ..
- Wang X, He H, Tang W, Zhang X, Hua X, Yan J. Two origins of blastemal progenitors define blastemal regeneration of zebrafish lower jaw. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45380 pubmed publisher..RNA in situ hybridization shows that foxi1 and pax3a are respectively expressed in the presumptive mandible skeletal region and regenerating muscle at 5 dpa...