Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pax2b
Description: paired box 2b
Alias: pax2.2, paired box 2b, paired box gene 2b
- Stenkamp D, Frey R. Extraretinal and retinal hedgehog signaling sequentially regulate retinal differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2003;258:349-63 pubmed
- Coyle R, Latimer A, Jessen J. Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase regulates cell migration during zebrafish gastrulation: evidence for an interaction with non-canonical Wnt signaling. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2150-62 pubmed publisher..Together, our results support the notion that pathways regulating pericellular proteolysis and cell polarity converge to promote efficient cell migration. ..
- Chao R, Nevin L, Agarwal P, Riemer J, Bai X, Delaney A, et al. A male with unilateral microphthalmia reveals a role for TMX3 in eye development. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10565 pubmed publisher..Future experiments to determine if other thioredoxins are important in eye morphogenesis and to clarify the mechanism of function of TMX3 in eye development are warranted. ..
- Woolfe A, Elgar G. Comparative genomics using Fugu reveals insights into regulatory subfunctionalization. Genome Biol. 2007;8:R53 pubmed..Comparative analysis of conserved elements between duplicated genes provides a powerful approach for studying regulatory subfunctionalization at the level of the regulatory elements involved. ..
- Choe S, Ladam F, SAGERSTROM C. TALE factors poise promoters for activation by Hox proteins. Dev Cell. 2014;28:203-11 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TALE factors access promoters during early embryogenesis to poise them for activation but that Hox proteins are required to trigger efficient transcription. ..
- Batista M, Lewis K. Pax2/8 act redundantly to specify glycinergic and GABAergic fates of multiple spinal interneurons. Dev Biol. 2008;323:88-97 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we show that in zebrafish most glycinergic and many GABAergic spinal interneurons express Pax2a, Pax2b and Pax8 and that these transcription factors are redundantly required for the neurotransmitter fates of many of ..
- Albuixech Crespo B, López Blanch L, Burguera D, Maeso I, Sánchez Arrones L, Moreno Bravo J, et al. Molecular regionalization of the developing amphioxus neural tube challenges major partitions of the vertebrate brain. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001573 pubmed publisher..This suggests that these domains have a common developmental and evolutionary origin, as supported by functional experiments manipulating secondary organizers in zebrafish and mice. ..
- Kiener T, Selptsova Friedrich I, Hunziker W. Tjp3/zo-3 is critical for epidermal barrier function in zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol. 2008;316:36-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tjp3/Zo-3 is critical for barrier function of the enveloping cell layer and osmoregulation in early stages of zebrafish development. ..
- Jessen J, Topczewski J, Bingham S, Sepich D, Marlow F, Chandrasekhar A, et al. Zebrafish trilobite identifies new roles for Strabismus in gastrulation and neuronal movements. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:610-5 pubmed..We propose Trilobite/Stbm mediates cellular interactions that confer directionality on distinct movements during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Liao W, Ho C, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Stainier D. Hhex and scl function in parallel to regulate early endothelial and blood differentiation in zebrafish. Development. 2000;127:4303-13 pubmed..Together, these data provide the initial framework of a pathway that can be used to further integrate the molecular events regulating hemangioblast differentiation. ..
- Lackmann M, Oates A, Dottori M, Smith F, Do C, Power M, et al. Distinct subdomains of the EphA3 receptor mediate ligand binding and receptor dimerization. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:20228-37 pubmed..We propose a two-step mechanism of Eph receptor activation with distinct ligand binding and ligand-independent receptor-receptor oligomerization events. ..