Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: paqr8
Description: progestin and adipoQ receptor family member VIII
Alias: mprb, zgc:109768, membrane progestin receptor beta, PR beta
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Zanardini M, Notarstefano V, Gioacchini G, Forner Piquer I, et al. Effects of diisononyl phthalate on Danio rerio reproduction. Environ Pollut. 2017;231:1051-1062 pubmed publisher..The findings provide evidence that exposure to DiNP adversely affect oocytes growth and maturation, leading to abnormal gonadal development and reproduction in zebrafish. ..
- Saraiva L, Ahuja G, Ivandić I, Syed A, Marioni J, Korsching S, et al. Molecular and neuronal homology between the olfactory systems of zebrafish and mouse. Sci Rep. 2015;5:11487 pubmed publisher..In sum, we find that the molecular and cellular mechanisms underpinning olfaction in teleosts and mammals are similar despite 430â€‰million years of evolutionary divergence. ..
- Han J, Wang Q, Wang X, Li Y, Wen S, Liu S, et al. The synthetic progestin megestrol acetate adversely affects zebrafish reproduction. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;150:66-72 pubmed publisher..The present study showed that MTA is a potent endocrine disruptor in fish, and short-term exposure to MTA could significantly affect reproduction in fish and negatively impact the fish population. ..
- Lu X, Yu R, Murphy M, Lau K, Wu R. Hypoxia disrupts gene modulation along the brain-pituitary-gonad (BPG)-liver axis. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014;102:70-8 pubmed publisher..Given that the regulation of reproductive hormones and the BPG-liver axis are highly conserved, this study provides new insights into the hypoxia-induced endocrine disrupting mechanisms and reproductive impairment in other vertebrates...
- Gioacchini G, Giorgini E, Merrifield D, Hardiman G, Borini A, Vaccari L, et al. Probiotics can induce follicle maturational competence: the Danio rerio case. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:65 pubmed publisher..Acquisition of competence by the stage IIIa follicles was further validated by changes of lhr, mprb, inhbaa (activin betaA1), tgfb1, and gdf9 gene expression, which have recently emerged as key regulators of oocyte ..
- Carnevali O, Tosti L, Speciale C, Peng C, Zhu Y, Maradonna F. DEHP impairs zebrafish reproduction by affecting critical factors in oogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10201 pubmed publisher..Since there is a significant genetic similarity between D.rerio and humans, the harmful effects observed at oocyte level may be relevant for further molecular studies on humans. ..
- Hanna R, Zhu Y. Expression of membrane progestin receptors in zebrafish (Danio rerio) oocytes, testis and pituitary. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2009;161:153-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, mPRalpha and mPRbeta proteins were localized at or near the oocyte membrane of maturationally competent stage IV oocytes in a probable location for mediating progestin-induced nongenomic signaling in oocytes. ..
- Kohli G, Clelland E, Peng C. Potential targets of transforming growth factor-beta1 during inhibition of oocyte maturation in zebrafish. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005;3:53 pubmed..These findings suggest that TGF-beta1 acts at multiple sites, including LHR, 20beta-HSD and mPR-beta, to inhibit zebrafish oocyte maturation. ..
- Gioacchini G, Maradonna F, Lombardo F, Bizzaro D, Olivotto I, Carnevali O. Increase of fecundity by probiotic administration in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Reproduction. 2010;140:953-9 pubmed publisher..increased transcription of genes coding for signals which induce the maturation phase, such as lhcgr, cbr1l, and paqr8 genes, concomitant with a decreased transcription of genes coding for local factors which prevent oocyte ..
- Yumnamcha T, Khan Z, Rajiv C, Devi S, Mondal G, Sanjita Devi H, et al. Interaction of melatonin and gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone on the zebrafish brain-pituitary-reproductive axis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2017;84:389-400 pubmed publisher..The expression of mprb is high in DD ovary, although intra-ovarian growth factors (tgfb1a and bmp15) were low...