Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pak2a
Description: p21 protein (Cdc42/Rac)-activated kinase 2a
Alias: cb422, kinase, pak2, si:dz198m22.1, wu:fb71h01, zgc:91798, serine/threonine-protein kinase PAK 2, p21 (CDKN1A)-activated kinase 2, p21 (CDKN1A)-activated kinase 2a, p21-activated kinase 2, redhead, rhd
- Choi J, Kim S, Ahn J, Youn P, Kang J, Park K, et al. Induction of oxidative stress and apoptosis by silver nanoparticles in the liver of adult zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;100:151-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the p53-related pro-apoptotic genes Bax, Noxa, and p21 were upregulated after treatment with AgNPs. These data suggest that oxidative stress and apoptosis are associated with AgNP toxicity in the liver of adult zebrafish. ..
- Tay H, Ng Y, Manser E. A vertebrate-specific Chp-PAK-PIX pathway maintains E-cadherin at adherens junctions during zebrafish epiboly. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10125 pubmed publisher..This new signaling pathway involves activation of an effector kinase PAK, and involvement of the adaptor PAK-interacting exchange factor PIX...
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of ER stress and oxidative stress induction by In(NO3)3 and ITO indicating a critical toxicological profile that needs further investigation. ..
- Choe C, Crump J. Eph-Pak2a signaling regulates branching of the pharyngeal endoderm by inhibiting late-stage epithelial dynamics. Development. 2015;142:1089-94 pubmed publisher..Here, we report novel requirements for the EphrinB ligands B2a and B3b, the Ephb4a receptor and the Pak2a kinase in the development of pouches and the posterior facial skeleton that depends on pouches for its segmentation...
- Gore A, Lampugnani M, Dye L, Dejana E, Weinstein B. Combinatorial interaction between CCM pathway genes precipitates hemorrhagic stroke. Dis Model Mech. 2008;1:275-81 pubmed publisher..These findings support the idea that minor polygenic deficits in the CCM pathway can strongly synergize to initiate ICH. ..
- Huang L, Wang C, Zhang Y, Li J, Zhong Y, Zhou Y, et al. Benzo[a]pyrene exposure influences the cardiac development and the expression of cardiovascular relative genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Chemosphere. 2012;87:369-75 pubmed publisher..The information from the network could provide a clue for further mechanistic studies explaining molecular events regulating B(a)P-mediated cardiovascular defects and consequences. ..