Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: p2rx4a
Description: purinergic receptor P2X, ligand-gated ion channel, 4a
Alias: p2rx4, p2x4, wu:fi03f02, P2X purinoceptor 4, etID14865.21, zP2X4.1
- Xu J, Chai H, Ehinger K, Egan T, Srinivasan R, Frick M, et al. Imaging P2X4 receptor subcellular distribution, trafficking, and regulation using P2X4-pHluorin. J Gen Physiol. 2014;144:81-104 pubmed publisherb>P2X4 receptors are adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-gated cation channels present on the plasma membrane (PM) and also within intracellular compartments such as vesicles, vacuoles, lamellar bodies (LBs), and lysosomes...
- Huang L, Fan Y, Tian Y, Yang Y, Liu Y, Wang J, et al. Inherent dynamics of head domain correlates with ATP-recognition of P2X4 receptors: insights gained from molecular simulations. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e97528 pubmed publisher..Recent crystal structures of the zebrafish P2X4 (zfP2X4) receptor reveal a large ATP-binding pocket (ABP) located at the subunit interface of zfP2X4 receptors, ..
- Heymann G, Dai J, Li M, Silberberg S, Zhou H, Swartz K. Inter- and intrasubunit interactions between transmembrane helices in the open state of P2X receptor channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E4045-54 pubmed publisher..Apo and ATP-bound X-ray structures of the detergent-solubilized zebrafish P2X4 receptor provide a blueprint for receptor mechanisms but unexpectedly showed large crevices between subunits within ..
- Low S, Kuwada J, Hume R. Amino acid variations resulting in functional and nonfunctional zebrafish P2X(1) and P2X (5.1) receptors. Purinergic Signal. 2008;4:383-92 pubmed publisher..1). Antisense knockdown of P2X(5.1) eliminated skeletal muscle responsiveness to ATP but did not prevent myogenesis or behaviors that require functional transmission at the neuromuscular junction. ..
- Valente M, Watterson S, Parker M, Ford R, Young M. Expression, purification, electron microscopy, N-glycosylation mutagenesis and molecular modeling of human P2X4 and Dictyostelium discoideum P2XA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1808:2859-66 pubmed publisherThe recent publication of the apo-, closed-state 3D crystal structure of zebrafish (zf) P2X4.1 has not only revolutionized the P2X research field, but also highlighted the need for further crystal structures, of receptors in different ..
- Petrenko N, Khafizov K, Tvrdonova V, Skorinkin A, Giniatullin R. Role of the ectodomain serine 275 in shaping the binding pocket of the ATP-gated P2X3 receptor. Biochemistry. 2011;50:8427-36 pubmed publisher..the rough structure of the ATP binding site has been proposed on the basis of the X-ray structure of the zebrafish P2X4 receptor and mutagenesis studies, the fine subunit-specific structural properties predisposing the receptor to ..
- Dal Ben D, Buccioni M, Lambertucci C, Marucci G, Thomas A, Volpini R. Purinergic P2X receptors: structural models and analysis of ligand-target interaction. Eur J Med Chem. 2015;89:561-80 pubmed publisher..The publication of the crystal structures of zebrafish P2X4 receptor in inactive and ATP-bound active forms provided structural data for the analysis of the receptor structure,..
- Kucenas S, Li Z, Cox J, Egan T, Voigt M. Molecular characterization of the zebrafish P2X receptor subunit gene family. Neuroscience. 2003;121:935-45 pubmed..These results suggest that P2X receptors might play a role in the early development and/or function of the sensory nervous system in vertebrates. ..
- Du J, Dong H, Zhou H. Gating mechanism of a P2X4 receptor developed from normal mode analysis and molecular dynamics simulations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4140-5 pubmed publisher..Our computational studies produced the first complete model, supported by experimental data, for how ATP binding triggers activation of a P2X receptor. ..
- Cao L, Broomhead H, Young M, North R. Polar residues in the second transmembrane domain of the rat P2X2 receptor that affect spontaneous gating, unitary conductance, and rectification. J Neurosci. 2009;29:14257-64 pubmed publisher..1 A crystal structure of the zebrafish P2X4.1 receptor in the closed state...
- Ase A, Honson N, Zaghdane H, Pfeifer T, SÃ©guÃ©la P. Identification and characterization of a selective allosteric antagonist of human P2X4 receptor channels. Mol Pharmacol. 2015;87:606-16 pubmed publisherb>P2X4 is an ATP-gated nonselective cation channel highly permeable to calcium...
- Igawa T, Abe Y, Tsuda M, Inoue K, Ueda T. Solution structure of the rat P2X4 receptor head domain involved in inhibitory metal binding. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:680-6 pubmed publisher..The head domain (Gln111-Val167 in the rat P2X4 receptor) regulates ATP-induced cation influx...
- Hausmann R, Günther J, Kless A, Kuhlmann D, Kassack M, Bahrenberg G, et al. Salt bridge switching from Arg290/Glu167 to Arg290/ATP promotes the closed-to-open transition of the P2X2 receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;83:73-84 pubmed publisher..In this study, we used homology modeling of the rat P2X2 receptor with the zebrafish P2X4 X-ray template to determine that the side chains of the Glu167 and Arg290 residues are in close spatial vicinity ..
- Tvrdonova V, Rokic M, Stojilkovic S, Zemkova H. Identification of functionally important residues of the rat P2X4 receptor by alanine scanning mutagenesis of the dorsal fin and left flipper domains. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112902 pubmed publisherCrystallization of the zebrafish P2X4 receptor in both open and closed states revealed conformational differences in the ectodomain structures, including the dorsal fin and left flipper domains...
- Li G. Geometric rules of channel gating inferred from computational models of the P2X receptor transmembrane domain. J Mol Graph Model. 2015;61:107-14 pubmed publisher..Here, I have reconstructed the three-dimensional models of the zebrafish P2X4 transmembrane domain using spatial restraints on helical packing...
- Appelbaum L, Skariah G, Mourrain P, Mignot E. Comparative expression of p2x receptors and ecto-nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase 3 in hypocretin and sensory neurons in zebrafish. Brain Res. 2007;1174:66-75 pubmed..The conservation of expression of these genes in HCRT cells and sensory neurons across vertebrates suggests an important role for ATP mediated transmission in the regulation of sleep and the processing of sensory inputs. ..