Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: p2rx4a
Description: purinergic receptor P2X, ligand-gated ion channel, 4a
Alias: p2rx4, p2x4, wu:fi03f02, P2X purinoceptor 4, etID14865.21, zP2X4.1
- Crystal structure of the ATP-gated P2X(4) ion channel in the closed stateToshimitsu Kawate
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road, Oregon 97239, USA
Nature 460:592-8. 2009..We define the location of three non-canonical, intersubunit ATP-binding sites, and suggest that ATP binding promotes subunit rearrangement and ion channel opening...
- Amino acid variations resulting in functional and nonfunctional zebrafish P2X(1) and P2X (5.1) receptorsSean E Low
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, 830 N University Ave, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 1048, USA
Purinergic Signal 4:383-92. 2008..1). Antisense knockdown of P2X(5.1) eliminated skeletal muscle responsiveness to ATP but did not prevent myogenesis or behaviors that require functional transmission at the neuromuscular junction...
- Cloning and characterization of two novel zebrafish P2X receptor subunitsMiguel Diaz-Hernandez
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 S Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 295:849-53. 2002..Both subunit genes were physically mapped onto the zebrafish genome using radiation hybrid analysis of the T51 panel, with the zp2x4 localized to LG21 and zp2x5 to LG5...
- Inter- and intrasubunit interactions between transmembrane helices in the open state of P2X receptor channelsGabriel Heymann
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics Section, Porter Neuroscience Research Center, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E4045-54. 2013..Apo and ATP-bound X-ray structures of the detergent-solubilized zebrafish P2X4 receptor provide a blueprint for receptor mechanisms but unexpectedly showed large crevices between subunits within ..
- Salt bridge switching from Arg290/Glu167 to Arg290/ATP promotes the closed-to-open transition of the P2X2 receptorRalf Hausmann
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, RWTH Aachen University, Wendlingweg 2, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 83:73-84. 2013..In this study, we used homology modeling of the rat P2X2 receptor with the zebrafish P2X4 X-ray template to determine that the side chains of the Glu167 and Arg290 residues are in close spatial vicinity ..
- High potency zinc modulation of human P2X2 receptors and low potency zinc modulation of rat P2X2 receptors share a common molecular mechanismSukanya Punthambaker
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 287:22099-111. 2012..candidate regions controlling zinc inhibition in hP2X2 a homology model based on the crystal structure of zebrafish P2X4.1 was made. In this model, His-204 and His-209 of one subunit were near His-330 of the adjacent subunit...
- Molecular mechanism of ATP binding and ion channel activation in P2X receptorsMotoyuki Hattori
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Nature 485:207-12. 2012..Here we report the crystal structure of the zebrafish P2X4 receptor in complex with ATP and a new structure of the apo receptor...
- Role of the ectodomain serine 275 in shaping the binding pocket of the ATP-gated P2X3 receptorNataliia Petrenko
Department of Neurobiology, AI Virtanen Institute, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
Biochemistry 50:8427-36. 2011..the rough structure of the ATP binding site has been proposed on the basis of the X-ray structure of the zebrafish P2X4 receptor and mutagenesis studies, the fine subunit-specific structural properties predisposing the receptor to ..
- Gating mechanism of a P2X4 receptor developed from normal mode analysis and molecular dynamics simulationsJuan Du
Department of Physics and Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:4140-5. 2012..Our computational studies produced the first complete model, supported by experimental data, for how ATP binding triggers activation of a P2X receptor...
- Comparative expression of p2x receptors and ecto-nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase 3 in hypocretin and sensory neurons in zebrafishLior Appelbaum
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
Brain Res 1174:66-75. 2007..The conservation of expression of these genes in HCRT cells and sensory neurons across vertebrates suggests an important role for ATP mediated transmission in the regulation of sleep and the processing of sensory inputs...
- Expression, purification, electron microscopy, N-glycosylation mutagenesis and molecular modeling of human P2X4 and Dictyostelium discoideum P2XAMaria Valente
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, Cardiff, CF10 3AX, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1808:2859-66. 2011The recent publication of the apo-, closed-state 3D crystal structure of zebrafish (zf) P2X4.1 has not only revolutionized the P2X research field, but also highlighted the need for further crystal structures, of receptors in different ..
- Molecular characterization of the zebrafish P2X receptor subunit gene familyS Kucenas
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, St Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 South Grand Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Neuroscience 121:935-45. 2003..These results suggest that P2X receptors might play a role in the early development and/or function of the sensory nervous system in vertebrates...
- Polar residues in the second transmembrane domain of the rat P2X2 receptor that affect spontaneous gating, unitary conductance, and rectificationLishuang Cao
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
J Neurosci 29:14257-64. 2009..1 A crystal structure of the zebrafish P2X4.1 receptor in the closed state...
- Pore architecture and ion sites in acid-sensing ion channels and P2X receptorsEric B Gonzales
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Nature 460:599-604. 2009....
- Ion access pathway to the transmembrane pore in P2X receptor channelsToshimitsu Kawate
Porter Neuroscience Research Center, Molecular Physiology and Biophysics Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Gen Physiol 137:579-90. 2011..The x-ray structure of the P2X4 receptor from zebrafish (zfP2X4) receptor reveals that the extracellular vestibule above the gate opens to the ..