Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: otpb
Description: orthopedia homeobox b
Alias: cb977, otp, otp1, homeobox protein orthopedia B, orthopedia homolog b, orthopedia protein, otp a
- Fernandes A, Beddows E, Filippi A, Driever W. Orthopedia transcription factor otpa and otpb paralogous genes function during dopaminergic and neuroendocrine cell specification in larval zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75002 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish, two paralogous otp genes, otpa and otpb, are present in the genome...
- Del Giacco L, Sordino P, Pistocchi A, Andreakis N, Tarallo R, Di Benedetto B, et al. Differential regulation of the zebrafish orthopedia 1 gene during fate determination of diencephalic neurons. BMC Dev Biol. 2006;6:50 pubmed..Here, we identified two otp orthologues in zebrafish (otp1 and otp2) and explored otp1 in the context of the morphogenetic pathways that specify neuroectodermal regions...
- Wolf A, Ryu S. Specification of posterior hypothalamic neurons requires coordinated activities of Fezf2, Otp, Sim1a and Foxb1.2. Development. 2013;140:1762-73 pubmed publisher..distinct domains in the mammillary area defined by the differential expression of the transcription factors Fezf2, Otp, Sim1a and Foxb1.2...
- Muthu V, Eachus H, Ellis P, Brown S, Placzek M. Rx3 and Shh direct anisotropic growth and specification in the zebrafish tuberal/anterior hypothalamus. Development. 2016;143:2651-63 pubmed publisher..or are inappropriately specified, the shh(+) anterior recess does not form, and its resident pomc(+), ff1b(+) and otpb(+) Th1(+) cells fail to differentiate...
- Fujimoto E, Gaynes B, Brimley C, Chien C, Bonkowsky J. Gal80 intersectional regulation of cell-type specific expression in vertebrates. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2324-34 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Gal80 is a powerful addition to the genetic techniques available to map and manipulate neural circuits in zebrafish. ..
- Fontaine R, Affaticati P, Bureau C, Colin I, Demarque M, Dufour S, et al. Dopaminergic Neurons Controlling Anterior Pituitary Functions: Anatomy and Ontogenesis in Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2015;156:2934-48 pubmed publisher..This study offers some insights into the regional identity of the preoptic area and provides the first bases for future functional genetic studies on the development of DA neurons controlling anterior pituitary functions. ..
- Schweitzer J, Löhr H, Bonkowsky J, Hübscher K, Driever W. Sim1a and Arnt2 contribute to hypothalamo-spinal axon guidance by regulating Robo2 activity via a Robo3-dependent mechanism. Development. 2013;140:93-106 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Sim1a and Arnt2 contribute to control of lateral positioning of longitudinal hypothalamic-spinal axons by negative regulation of robo3a.1 expression, which in turn attenuates the repulsive activity of Robo2. ..
- Flinn L, Keatinge M, Bretaud S, Mortiboys H, Matsui H, De Felice E, et al. TigarB causes mitochondrial dysfunction and neuronal loss in PINK1 deficiency. Ann Neurol. 2013;74:837-47 pubmed publisher..Pink1(-/-) zebrafish are the first vertebrate model of PINK1 deficiency with loss of dopaminergic neurons. Our study also identifies TIGAR as a promising novel target for disease-modifying therapy in PINK1-related PD. ..
- Thompson W, Arnold V, Vijayan M. Venlafaxine in Embryos Stimulates Neurogenesis and Disrupts Larval Behavior in Zebrafish. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:12889-12897 pubmed publisher..Overall, zygotic exposure to venlafaxine disrupts early development, including brain function, and compromises larval behavior, suggesting impact of this drug on developmental programming in zebrafish. ..
- Herget U, Wolf A, Wullimann M, Ryu S. Molecular neuroanatomy and chemoarchitecture of the neurosecretory preoptic-hypothalamic area in zebrafish larvae. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:1542-64 pubmed publisher..Our results show striking conservation of transcription factor expression (otp, arx, dlx5a, isl1) in and around the NPO/PVN together with neuropeptide expression within it...
- Kikuta H, Laplante M, Navratilova P, Komisarczuk A, Engström P, Fredman D, et al. Genomic regulatory blocks encompass multiple neighboring genes and maintain conserved synteny in vertebrates. Genome Res. 2007;17:545-55 pubmed..These findings explain the absence of evolutionary breakpoints from large vertebrate chromosomal segments and will aid in the recognition of position effect mutations within human GRBs. ..
- Gutnick A, Blechman J, Kaslin J, Herwig L, Belting H, Affolter M, et al. The hypothalamic neuropeptide oxytocin is required for formation of the neurovascular interface of the pituitary. Dev Cell. 2011;21:642-54 pubmed publisher..We present a unique example of axons affecting endothelial morphogenesis through secretion of a neuropeptide. ..
- Guella I, Pistocchi A, Asselta R, Rimoldi V, Ghilardi A, Sironi F, et al. Mutational screening and zebrafish functional analysis of GIGYF2 as a Parkinson-disease gene. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:1994-2005 pubmed publisher..These data, together with those recently reported by other groups, suggest that GIGYF2 is unlikely to be the PARK11 gene. ..
- Ronneberger O, Liu K, Rath M, Rueβ D, Mueller T, Skibbe H, et al. ViBE-Z: a framework for 3D virtual colocalization analysis in zebrafish larval brains. Nat Methods. 2012;9:735-42 pubmed publisher..The ViBE-Z database, atlas and software are provided via a web interface. ..
- Herrero TurriÃ³n M, RodrÃguez MartÃn I, LÃ³pez Bellido R, RodrÃguez R. Whole-genome expression profile in zebrafish embryos after chronic exposure to morphine: identification of new genes associated with neuronal function and mu opioid receptor expression. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:874 pubmed publisher..Of these, several novel genes (grb2, copb2, otpb, magi1b, grik-l, bnip4 and sox19b) have been detected for the first time in an experimental animal model treated ..
- Serifi I, Tzima E, Soupsana K, Karetsou Z, Beis D, Papamarcaki T. The zebrafish homologs of SET/I2PP2A oncoprotein: expression patterns and insights into their physiological roles during development. Biochem J. 2016;473:4609-4627 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that seta and setb are required during embryogenesis and play roles in the zebrafish sensory system development. ..
- Best C, Kurrasch D, Vijayan M. Maternal cortisol stimulates neurogenesis and affects larval behaviour in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:40905 pubmed publisher..We propose a key role for cortisol in altering brain development leading to enhanced boldness, which may be beneficial in preparing the offspring to a stressful environment and enhancing fitness. ..
- Siepel A, Diekhans M, Brejova B, Langton L, Stevens M, Comstock C, et al. Targeted discovery of novel human exons by comparative genomics. Genome Res. 2007;17:1763-73 pubmed..However, they suggest that hundreds-not thousands-of protein-coding genes are completely missing from the current gene catalogs. ..
- Huang J, Zhong Z, Wang M, Chen X, Tan Y, Zhang S, et al. Circadian modulation of dopamine levels and dopaminergic neuron development contributes to attention deficiency and hyperactive behavior. J Neurosci. 2015;35:2572-87 pubmed publisher..The circadian model for attention deficiency and hyperactive behavior sheds light on ADHD pathogenesis and opens avenues for exploring novel targets for diagnosis and therapy for this common psychiatric disorder. ..
- Affaticati P, Yamamoto K, Rizzi B, Bureau C, PeyriÃ©ras N, Pasqualini C, et al. Identification of the optic recess region as a morphogenetic entity in the zebrafish forebrain. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8738 pubmed publisher..region (ORR) makes clear borders with its neighbor areas and expresses a specific set of genes (dlx2a, sim1a and otpb)...
- Wircer E, Blechman J, Borodovsky N, Tsoory M, Nunes A, Oliveira R, et al. Homeodomain protein Otp affects developmental neuropeptide switching in oxytocin neurons associated with a long-term effect on social behavior. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We show that developmental mutations in the zebrafish paralogous gene otpa but not otpb affect both stress response and social preference...
- Yang N, Dong Z, Guo S. Fezf2 regulates multilineage neuronal differentiation through activating basic helix-loop-helix and homeodomain genes in the zebrafish ventral forebrain. J Neurosci. 2012;32:10940-8 pubmed publisher..Third, Fezf2 is required to activate HD genes otpb and dlx2, which are involved in dopaminergic and GABAergic neuronal development, respectively...
- Gutierrez Triana J, Herget U, Lichtner P, Castillo RamÃrez L, Ryu S. A vertebrate-conserved cis-regulatory module for targeted expression in the main hypothalamic regulatory region for the stress response. BMC Dev Biol. 2014;14:41 pubmed publisherThe homeodomain transcription factor orthopedia (Otp) is an evolutionarily conserved regulator of neuronal fates...
- Pistocchi A, Gaudenzi G, Carra S, Bresciani E, Del Giacco L, Cotelli F. Crucial role of zebrafish prox1 in hypothalamic catecholaminergic neurons development. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:27 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we evidenced prox1 expression in a group of neurons, already positive for otp1, located in the hypothalamus at the level of the posterior tuberculum (PT)...