Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: opn1mw2
Description: opsin 1 (cone pigments), medium-wave-sensitive, 2
Alias: RH2-2, grops1, grops2, rh2.2, si:zc263a23.4, wu:fk57c11, green-sensitive opsin-2, green cone photoreceptor pigment 2, green-sensitive opsin, opsin RH2-2, opsin-1, medium-wave-sensitive 2, rhodopsin-like-2.2 cone opsin
- Chinen A, Hamaoka T, Yamada Y, Kawamura S. Gene duplication and spectral diversification of cone visual pigments of zebrafish. Genetics. 2003;163:663-75 pubmed
- Oggier D, Lenard A, Kury M, Hoeger B, Affolter M, Fent K. Effects of the protein kinase inhibitor PKC412 on gene expression and link to physiological effects in zebrafish Danio rerio eleuthero-embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2011;119:104-15 pubmed publisher..This study leads to the conclusion that PKC412-induced alterations of gene transcripts are partly paralleled by physiological effects at high, but not at low PKC412 concentrations expected to be of environmental relevance. ..
- Tsujimura T, Chinen A, Kawamura S. Identification of a locus control region for quadruplicated green-sensitive opsin genes in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12813-8 pubmed..5-kb region in the PAC clone conferred the highest expression for its proximal gene. The 0.5-kb region was thus designated as RH2-LCR analogous to the locus control region of the L-M opsin genes of primates. ..
- Zou J, Wang X, Wei X. Crb apical polarity proteins maintain zebrafish retinal cone mosaics via intercellular binding of their extracellular domains. Dev Cell. 2012;22:1261-74 pubmed publisher..Because Crb proteins are expressed in many types of epithelia, the Crb-based cell-cell adhesion may underlie cellular patterning in other epithelium-derived tissues as well. ..
- Rey S, Boltaña S, Vargas R, Roher N, MacKenzie S. Combining animal personalities with transcriptomics resolves individual variation within a wild-type zebrafish population and identifies underpinning molecular differences in brain function. Mol Ecol. 2013;22:6100-15 pubmed publisher..These differences can be mapped to distinct regions of the brain and provide a foundation towards understanding the coordination of underpinning adaptive molecular events within populations. ..
- Garcia Reyero N, Escalon B, Prats E, Stanley J, Thienpont B, Melby N, et al. Effects of BDE-209 contaminated sediments on zebrafish development and potential implications to human health. Environ Int. 2014;63:216-23 pubmed publisher..Once accumulated, our data also show that BDE-209 has the potential to cause impacts on both human and environmental health. ..
- Chinen A, Matsumoto Y, Kawamura S. Reconstitution of ancestral green visual pigments of zebrafish and molecular mechanism of their spectral differentiation. Mol Biol Evol. 2005;22:1001-10 pubmed..The four zebrafish RH2 pigments cover nearly an entire range of lambda(max) distribution among vertebrate RH2 pigments and provide an excellent model to study spectral tuning mechanisms of RH2 in vertebrates. ..