Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: opn1lw2
Description: opsin 1 (cone pigments), long-wave-sensitive, 2
Alias: lws2, zgc:92632, red-sensitive opsin-2, long-wavelength-sensitive-2 cone opsin, opsin LWS-2, opsin-1, long-wave-sensitive 2, red cone photoreceptor pigment 2
- Allison W, Barthel L, Skebo K, Takechi M, Kawamura S, Raymond P. Ontogeny of cone photoreceptor mosaics in zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:4182-95 pubmed publisher..These observations provide baseline data for understanding the development of cone mosaics via comparative analysis of larval and adult cone development in a model species. ..
- Alvarez Delfin K, Morris A, Snelson C, Gamse J, Gupta T, Marlow F, et al. Tbx2b is required for ultraviolet photoreceptor cell specification during zebrafish retinal development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2023-8 pubmed publisher..Based upon these data, we propose a previously undescribed function for tbx2b in photoreceptor cell precursors, to promote the UV cone fate by repressing the rod differentiation pathway. ..
- Mitchell D, Stevens C, Frey R, Hunter S, Ashino R, Kawamura S, et al. Retinoic Acid Signaling Regulates Differential Expression of the Tandemly-Duplicated Long Wavelength-Sensitive Cone Opsin Genes in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005483 pubmed publisher..Embryos treated with RA 48 hpf to 100 hpf or beyond showed significant reductions in LWS2-expressing cones in favor of LWS1-expressing cones...
- Lewis T, Kundinger S, Pavlovich A, Bostrom J, Link B, Besharse J. Cos2/Kif7 and Osm-3/Kif17 regulate onset of outer segment development in zebrafish photoreceptors through distinct mechanisms. Dev Biol. 2017;425:176-190 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that both osm-3/kif17 and cos2/kif7 have comparable outer segment developmental delays, although through independent mechanisms. ..
- Priyadarshini M, Tuimala J, Chen Y, Panula P. A zebrafish model of PINK1 deficiency reveals key pathway dysfunction including HIF signaling. Neurobiol Dis. 2013;54:127-38 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a lack of pink1 in zebrafish alters many vital and critical pathways in addition to the HIF signaling pathway. ..
- Glaviano A, Smith A, Blanco A, McLoughlin S, Cederlund M, Heffernan T, et al. A method for isolation of cone photoreceptors from adult zebrafish retinae. BMC Neurosci. 2016;17:71 pubmed..In addition, this advancement facilitates the identification of novel candidate genes for inherited human blindness. ..
- Linder B, Dill H, Hirmer A, Brocher J, Lee G, Mathavan S, et al. Systemic splicing factor deficiency causes tissue-specific defects: a zebrafish model for retinitis pigmentosa. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:368-77 pubmed publisher..Hence, various routes affecting the tri-snRNP can elicit tissue-specific gene expression defects and lead to the RP phenotype. ..
- Tsujimura T, Hosoya T, Kawamura S. A single enhancer regulating the differential expression of duplicated red-sensitive opsin genes in zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001245 pubmed publisher..Sharing a regulatory region between duplicated genes could be a general way to facilitate the expression differentiation in duplicated visual opsins. ..