Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ompb
Description: olfactory marker protein b
Alias: omp, zgc:101697, olfactory marker protein b, OMP1
- Madelaine R, Garric L, Blader P. Partially redundant proneural function reveals the importance of timing during zebrafish olfactory neurogenesis. Development. 2011;138:4753-62 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the duration of proneural expression in EON progenitors is crucial for correct development of the zebrafish olfactory system. ..
- Onuma T, Ding Y, Abraham E, Zohar Y, Ando H, Duan C. Regulation of temporal and spatial organization of newborn GnRH neurons by IGF signaling in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2011;31:11814-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the IGF-IGF1R-PI3K pathway regulates the precise temporal and spatial organization of GnRH neurons in zebrafish and provides new insights into the regulation of GnRH neuron development. ..
- Bayramli X, Kocagoz Y, Sakizli U, Fuss S. Patterned Arrangements of Olfactory Receptor Gene Expression in Zebrafish are Established by Radial Movement of Specified Olfactory Sensory Neurons. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5572 pubmed publisher..We formulated a simple mathematical model based on exact parameters derived from our analysis of OSN neurogenesis, which accurately generates OR-like distributions without the need to invoke molecular signals to pattern the OE. ..
- Tan S, Kee M, Mathuru A, Burkholder W, Jesuthasan S. A microfluidic device to sort cells based on dynamic response to a stimulus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78261 pubmed publisher..Responsive cells all expressed TRPC2 but not OMP, consistent with known properties of amino-acid sensitive olfactory neurons...
- Wang L, Gallagher E. Role of Nrf2 antioxidant defense in mitigating cadmium-induced oxidative stress in the olfactory system of zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;266:177-86 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the Nrf2 pathway plays a protective role against cellular oxidative damage and is important in maintaining zebrafish olfactory function. ..
- Chen X, Yoshida T, Sagara H, Mikami Y, Mishina M. Protein tyrosine phosphatase ? regulates the synapse number of zebrafish olfactory sensory neurons. J Neurochem. 2011;119:532-43 pubmed publisher..The density of docked vesicles at the active zone was also increased significantly. Our results suggest that presynaptic PTP? controls the number of OSN-mitral cell synapses by suppressing their excessive increase. ..
- Yoshida T, Uchida S, Mishina M. Regulation of synaptic vesicle accumulation and axon terminal remodeling during synapse formation by distinct Ca signaling. J Neurochem. 2009;111:160-70 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that IP(3)-mediated Ca(2+)/calmodulin signaling stimulates synaptic vesicle accumulation and subsequent neuronal activity-dependent Ca(2+)/calmodulin signaling induces the morphological remodeling of axon terminals. ..
- Tilton F, Tilton S, Bammler T, Beyer R, Farin F, Stapleton P, et al. Transcriptional biomarkers and mechanisms of copper-induced olfactory injury in zebrafish. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:9404-11 pubmed..Further, these data provide a mechanistic explanation in support of earlier studies of functional olfactory impairment in fish following copper exposure. ..
- Pfister P, Randall J, Montoya Burgos J, Rodriguez I. Divergent evolution among teleost V1r receptor genes. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e379 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a conserved agonist specificity of the V1R2 receptor between euteleost species, its loss in the tetraodontidae lineage, and the acquisition of different chemosensory characteristics for the V1R1 receptor...
- Yoshida T, Mishina M. Neuron-specific gene manipulations to transparent zebrafish embryos. Methods Cell Sci. 2003;25:15-23 pubmed..expressing zebrafish lines, we first established that EGFP under control of either the olfactory marker protein (OMP) gene promoter or the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor beta3 (nAChRbeta3) gene promoter, directed strong EGFP ..
- Rentzsch F, Kramer C, Hammerschmidt M. Specific and conserved roles of TAp73 during zebrafish development. Gene. 2003;323:19-30 pubmed..Together, our data point to both conserved and class-specific roles of p73 during vertebrate development. ..
- Duggan C, DeMaria S, Baudhuin A, Stafford D, Ngai J. Foxg1 is required for development of the vertebrate olfactory system. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5229-39 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we identified an evolutionarily conserved requirement for Foxg1 in the development of the vertebrate olfactory system. ..
- Suzuki H, Nikaido M, Hagino Yamagishi K, Okada N. Distinct functions of two olfactory marker protein genes derived from teleost-specific whole genome duplication. BMC Evol Biol. 2015;15:245 pubmed publisher..Our genome database search identified two OMPs (OMP1 and OMP2) in teleosts, whereas only one was present in other vertebrates...