Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: odc1
Description: ornithine decarboxylase 1
Alias: CHUNP6922, fc54f04, fi06d08, odc, wu:fc54f04, wu:fi06d08, ornithine decarboxylase
- Ivanova A, Shandarin I, Ermakova G, Minin A, Tereshina M, Zaraisky A. The secreted factor Ag1 missing in higher vertebrates regulates fins regeneration in Danio rerio. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8123 pubmed publisher..These data are in a good agreement with the assumption that the loss of Ag1 in higher vertebrates ancestors could lead to the reduction of the regenerative capacity in their modern descendants. ..
- Garcia Reyero N, Escalon B, Prats E, Stanley J, Thienpont B, Melby N, et al. Effects of BDE-209 contaminated sediments on zebrafish development and potential implications to human health. Environ Int. 2014;63:216-23 pubmed publisher..Once accumulated, our data also show that BDE-209 has the potential to cause impacts on both human and environmental health. ..
- Vemaraju S, Kantarci H, Padanad M, Riley B. A spatial and temporal gradient of Fgf differentially regulates distinct stages of neural development in the zebrafish inner ear. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003068 pubmed publisher..Thus Fgf signaling renders SAG development self-regulating, ensuring steady production of an appropriate number of neurons as the larva grows...
- Zhang Y, Chen J, Cui X, Luo D, Xia H, Dai J, et al. A controllable on-off strategy for the reproductive containment of fish. Sci Rep. 2015;5:7614 pubmed publisher..This on-off strategy is a potentially effective means of generating sterile fish for commercialization while retaining fertility in brood stocks, and offers a novel method to mitigate the ecological risks of fish introductions. ..
- Holterhoff C, Saunders R, Brito E, Wagner D. Sequence and expression of the zebrafish alpha-actinin gene family reveals conservation and diversification among vertebrates. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2936-47 pubmed publisher..Duplication of actn3 in the zebrafish indicates that variation in actn3 expression may promote physiological diversity in muscle function among vertebrates. ..
- Groeneweg J, White Y, Kokel D, Peterson R, Zukerberg L, Berin I, et al. cables1 is required for embryonic neural development: molecular, cellular, and behavioral evidence from the zebrafish. Mol Reprod Dev. 2011;78:22-32 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that cables1 is important for neural differentiation during embryogenesis, in a mechanism that likely involves interactions with the Cdk5/p35 kinase pathway. ..
- Kajimura S, Aida K, Duan C. Understanding hypoxia-induced gene expression in early development: in vitro and in vivo analysis of hypoxia-inducible factor 1-regulated zebra fish insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:1142-55 pubmed..These results suggest that HIF-1 mediates hypoxia-induced IGFBP-1 gene expression in early development by selectively interacting with the -1090/-1086 HRE and its adjacent HAS. ..
- Schlueter P, Sang X, Duan C, Wood A. Insulin-like growth factor receptor 1b is required for zebrafish primordial germ cell migration and survival. Dev Biol. 2007;305:377-87 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest a novel role for IGF signaling in early germline development, potentially via cross-talk with chemokine signaling pathways. ..
- Paksa A, Bandemer J, Hoeckendorf B, Razin N, Tarbashevich K, Minina S, et al. Repulsive cues combined with physical barriers and cell-cell adhesion determine progenitor cell positioning during organogenesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11288 pubmed publisher..The combination of these developmental and cellular mechanisms prevents organ fusion, controls organ positioning and is thus critical for its proper function. ..
- Yang J, Chan C, Jiang B, Yu X, Zhu G, Chen Y, et al. hnRNP I inhibits Notch signaling and regulates intestinal epithelial homeostasis in the zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000363 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that hnRNP I is an evolutionarily conserved Notch inhibitor and plays an essential role in intestinal homeostasis. ..
- Peng G, Westerfield M. Lhx5 promotes forebrain development and activates transcription of secreted Wnt antagonists. Development. 2006;133:3191-200 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Lhx5 is a required factor that promotes forebrain development and inhibits Wnt signaling by activating the transcription of secreted Wnt antagonists. ..
- Harvey S, Tümpel S, Dubrulle J, Schier A, Smith J. no tail integrates two modes of mesoderm induction. Development. 2010;137:1127-35 pubmed publisher..At later stages in development ntl is required for notochord formation, and our analysis has also led to the identification of the enhancer required for ntl expression in the developing notochord. ..
- Tal T, Franzosa J, Tilton S, Philbrick K, Iwaniec U, Turner R, et al. MicroRNAs control neurobehavioral development and function in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2012;26:1452-61 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support an integral role for miRNAs in the establishment of vertebrate neurobehavioral and skeletal systems. ..
- Saxena S, Singh S, Lakshmi M, Meghah V, Bhatti B, Swamy C, et al. Proteomic analysis of zebrafish caudal fin regeneration. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:M111.014118 pubmed publisher..The obtained differential proteome and the direct association of the various proteins might lead to a new understanding of the regeneration mechanism. ..
- Yao Z, Farr G, Tapscott S, Maves L. Pbx and Prdm1a transcription factors differentially regulate subsets of the fast skeletal muscle program in zebrafish. Biol Open. 2013;2:546-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide an example of how Pbx homeodomain proteins act in a balance with other transcription factors to regulate subsets of a cellular differentiation program...
- Kedde M, Strasser M, Boldajipour B, Oude Vrielink J, Slanchev K, le Sage C, et al. RNA-binding protein Dnd1 inhibits microRNA access to target mRNA. Cell. 2007;131:1273-86 pubmed..These effects of Dnd1 are mediated through uridine-rich regions present in the miRNA-targeted mRNAs. Thus, our data unravel a novel role of Dnd1 in protecting certain mRNAs from miRNA-mediated repression. ..
- Hascilowicz T, Murai N, Matsufuji S, Murakami Y. Regulation of ornithine decarboxylase by antizymes and antizyme inhibitor in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1578:21-8 pubmed..When cellular polyamine levels increase, antizyme, an ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) inhibitory protein, is induced by polyamine-dependent translational frameshifting...
- Gorden N, Arts H, Parisi M, Coene K, Letteboer S, van Beersum S, et al. CC2D2A is mutated in Joubert syndrome and interacts with the ciliopathy-associated basal body protein CEP290. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;83:559-71 pubmed publisher..These observations extend the genetic spectrum of JSRD and provide a model system for studying extragenic modifiers in JSRD and other ciliopathies. ..
- Mastracci T, Robertson M, Mirmira R, Anderson R. Polyamine biosynthesis is critical for growth and differentiation of the pancreas. Sci Rep. 2015;5:13269 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we demonstrate that inhibition of ornithine decarboxylase (ODC), the rate-limiting enzyme in polyamine biosynthesis, phenocopies inhibition or knockdown of the ..
- Jiao S, Dai W, Lu L, Liu Y, Zhou J, Li Y, et al. The conserved clusterin gene is expressed in the developing choroid plexus under the regulation of notch but not IGF signaling in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2011;152:1860-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that clusterin is a marker of choroid plexus in zebrafish, and its expression in the developing choroid plexus is under the regulation of Notch but not IGF signaling. ..
- Lee J, Son M, Yoon M, Choi J, Kim Y. Isolation and characterization of ornithine decarboxylase gene from flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2004;6:453-62 pubmedb>Ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) is a homodimeric enzyme dependent on pyridoxal 5'-phosphate. We identified a complementary DNA clone corresponding to ODC from the brain of adult flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus)...
- Cheng F, Miao L, Wu Q, Gong X, Xiong J, Zhang J. Vinculin b deficiency causes epicardial hyperplasia and coronary vessel disorganization in zebrafish. Development. 2016;143:3522-3531 pubmed..Together, our results reveal a previously unappreciated function of vinculin in epicardium and endocardium and reinforce the notion that well-balanced FAK activity is essential for coronary vessel development. ..
- Zhou J, Li W, Kamei H, Duan C. Duplication of the IGFBP-2 gene in teleost fish: protein structure and functionality conservation and gene expression divergence. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3926 pubmed publisher..The duplicated IGFBP-2 genes may provide additional flexibility in the regulation of IGF activities. ..