Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nrp1a
Description: neuropilin 1a
Alias: np-1, npn-1A, nrp1, zgc:111785, zgc:136674, znrp1, neuropilin-1a
- Lee P, Goishi K, Davidson A, Mannix R, Zon L, Klagsbrun M. Neuropilin-1 is required for vascular development and is a mediator of VEGF-dependent angiogenesis in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:10470-5 pubmed..The zebrafish NRP1 gene (znrp1) was isolated and when overexpressed in cells, zNRP1 protein was a functional receptor for human VEGF(165)...
- Delcourt N, Quevedo C, Nonne C, Fons P, O Brien D, Loyaux D, et al. Targeted identification of sialoglycoproteins in hypoxic endothelial cells and validation in zebrafish reveal roles for proteins in angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:3405-17 pubmed publisher..Second, we identified several new proteins regulated by hypoxia and demonstrated for the first time the pivotal role of GLUT-1, TMEM16F, and SDF4 in angiogenesis. ..
- Wu S, de Borsetti N, Bain E, Bulow C, Gamse J. Mediator subunit 12 coordinates intrinsic and extrinsic control of epithalamic development. Dev Biol. 2014;385:13-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Mediator complex is responsible for subtle but significant changes in transcriptional timing and amplitude that are essential for coordinating the development of neurons in the epithalamus. ..
- Ober E, Olofsson B, Makinen T, Jin S, Shoji W, Koh G, et al. Vegfc is required for vascular development and endoderm morphogenesis in zebrafish. EMBO Rep. 2004;5:78-84 pubmed
- Fantin A, Lampropoulou A, Gestri G, Raimondi C, Senatore V, Zachary I, et al. NRP1 Regulates CDC42 Activation to Promote Filopodia Formation in Endothelial Tip Cells. Cell Rep. 2015;11:1577-90 pubmed publisher..Mosaic lineage tracing previously revealed that NRP1 is essential for tip cell function, although its mechanistic role in tip cells remains poorly defined...
- Martyn U, Schulte Merker S. Zebrafish neuropilins are differentially expressed and interact with vascular endothelial growth factor during embryonic vascular development. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:33-42 pubmed..We identified four zebrafish nrp genes, nrp1a, nrp1b, nrp2a, and nrp2b, and characterized their function in vascular development...
- Kuan Y, Yu H, Moens C, Halpern M. Neuropilin asymmetry mediates a left-right difference in habenular connectivity. Development. 2007;134:857-65 pubmed..Prior to IPN innervation, we find that only the left habenula expresses the zebrafish homologue of Neuropilin1a (Nrp1a), a receptor for class III Semaphorins (Sema3s)...
- Schafer M, Kinzel D, Neuner C, Schartl M, Volff J, Winkler C. Hedgehog and retinoid signalling confines nkx2.2b expression to the lateral floor plate of the zebrafish trunk. Mech Dev. 2005;122:43-56 pubmed..g. tal2 or foxa2, nkx2.2b is exclusively expressed in the LFP. Thus, it represents a unique tool to analyse the mechanisms of ventral neural tube patterning in zebrafish. ..
- de Borsetti N, Dean B, Bain E, Clanton J, Taylor R, Gamse J. Light and melatonin schedule neuronal differentiation in the habenular nuclei. Dev Biol. 2011;358:251-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that light and melatonin schedule the differentiation of neurons and the formation of neural processes in the habenular nuclei. ..
- Doll C, Burkart J, Hope K, Halpern M, Gamse J. Subnuclear development of the zebrafish habenular nuclei requires ER translocon function. Dev Biol. 2011;360:44-57 pubmed publisher..Our results show that in the absence of sec61al1, an excess of precursor cells for the LsDh exit the ventricular region and differentiate, resulting in formation of bilaterally symmetric habenular nuclei. ..
- Sato M, Tsai H, Yost H. Semaphorin3D regulates invasion of cardiac neural crest cells into the primary heart field. Dev Biol. 2006;298:12-21 pubmed..Neuropilin1A, a semaphorin receptor, is expressed in LPM but apparently not in the neural crest, and nrp1A morphants have cardiac development defects...
- Yu H, Houart C, Moens C. Cloning and embryonic expression of zebrafish neuropilin genes. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:371-8 pubmed..Based on synteny, zebrafish nrp1b and the previously cloned nrp1a are orthologous to human nrp1, and zebrafish nrp2a and 2b orthologous to human nrp2...
- Biswas S, Emond M, Duy P, Hao L, Beattie C, Jontes J. Protocadherin-18b interacts with Nap1 to control motor axon growth and arborization in zebrafish. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:633-42 pubmed publisher..Time-lapse imaging and quantitative analysis of axon dynamics indicate that both Pcdh18b and Nap1 regulate axon arborization by affecting the density of filopodia along the shaft of the extending axon. ..
- Yabu T, Tomimoto H, Taguchi Y, Yamaoka S, Igarashi Y, Okazaki T. Thalidomide-induced antiangiogenic action is mediated by ceramide through depletion of VEGF receptors, and is antagonized by sphingosine-1-phosphate. Blood. 2005;106:125-34 pubmed..These results suggest that thalidomide-induced antiangiogenic action is regulated by the balance between ceramide and S1P signal. ..
- Hamm M, Kirchmaier B, Herzog W. Sema3d controls collective endothelial cell migration by distinct mechanisms via Nrp1 and PlxnD1. J Cell Biol. 2016;215:415-430 pubmed..Our findings are highly relevant for understanding EC migration and the mechanisms of collective migration in other contexts. ..
- Love C, Prince V. Rest represses maturation within migrating facial branchiomotor neurons. Dev Biol. 2015;401:220-35 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Rest functions in FBMN nuclei to inhibit maturation until the neurons complete their migration. ..
- Balastik M, Zhou X, Alberich Jorda M, Weissova R, Å½iak J, Pazyra Murphy M, et al. Prolyl Isomerase Pin1 Regulates Axon Guidance by Stabilizing CRMP2A Selectively in Distal Axons. Cell Rep. 2015;13:812-828 pubmed publisher..These results identify an important isoform-specific function and regulation of CRMP2A in controlling axon growth and uncover Pin1-catalyzed prolyl isomerization as a regulatory mechanism in axon guidance. ..
- Bovenkamp D, Goishi K, Bahary N, Davidson A, Zhou Y, Becker T, et al. Expression and mapping of duplicate neuropilin-1 and neuropilin-2 genes in developing zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:361-70 pubmed..we described the isolation and characterization of the first zebrafish neuropilin gene, which we now call nrp1a, and found its protein to be a mediator of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-dependent angiogenesis [Proc...
- Zhao Y, Huang X, Ding T, Gong Z. Enhanced angiogenesis, hypoxia and neutrophil recruitment during Myc-induced liver tumorigenesis in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31952 pubmed publisher..In sum, the current study demonstrated that the Myc-induced liver tumor model in zebrafish provides an excellent platform for study of tumor microenvironment. ..
- Taku A, Marcaccio C, Ye W, Krause G, Raper J. Attractant and repellent cues cooperate in guiding a subset of olfactory sensory axons to a well-defined protoglomerular target. Development. 2016;143:123-32 pubmed publisher..Further analysis indicates that Sema3D signaling is mediated through Nrp1a, while Nrp2b also promotes CZ targeting but in a Sema3D-independent manner...
- Nathan J, Lakshmanan G, Michael F, Seppan P, Ragunathan M. Expression of adenosine receptors and vegf during angiogenesis and its inhibition by pentoxifylline-A study using zebrafish model. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:1406-1418 pubmed publisher..Targeting the vegf signaling pathway with small molecules inhibiting adenosine receptors in addition to antagonizing vegf might be a promising approach to treat neovascular diseases of the retina and also tumors. ..
- Jia Q, Zhang Q, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Zhang W, Zhou Y, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia from RPS19 deficiency via p53-dependent and -independent pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71782 pubmed publisher..The detection of potential pathogenic genes and pathways provides us a new paradigm for future research on DBA, which is a systematic and complex hereditary disease. ..
- Garric L, Ronsin B, Roussigne M, Booton S, Gamse J, Dufourcq P, et al. Pitx2c ensures habenular asymmetry by restricting parapineal cell number. Development. 2014;141:1572-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that restricting parapineal cell number is crucial for the correct elaboration of epithalamic asymmetry. ..
- Yeh C, Liao Y, Chang C, Tsai J, Wang Y, Cheng C, et al. Caffeine treatment disturbs the angiogenesis of zebrafish embryos. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2012;35:361-5 pubmed publisher..Further, real-time polymerase chain reaction analysis of caffeine-treated embryos showed an upregulation of nrp1a along with a downregulation of sema3aa and sema3c...
- Rottbauer W, Just S, Wessels G, Trano N, Most P, Katus H, et al. VEGF-PLCgamma1 pathway controls cardiac contractility in the embryonic heart. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1624-34 pubmed..Thus, the muscle of the heart uses the VEGF-PLCgamma1 cascade to control the strength of the heart beat. We speculate that this paracrine system may contribute to normal and pathological regulation of cardiac contractility. ..
- Kuroyanagi J, Shimada Y, Zhang B, Ariyoshi M, Umemoto N, Nishimura Y, et al. Zinc finger MYND-type containing 8 promotes tumour angiogenesis via induction of vascular endothelial growth factor-A expression. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3409-16 pubmed publisher..Integrated analysis of human and zebrafish transcriptomes, which identified ZMYND8, might be a powerful strategy to determine also other molecular targets for inhibiting prostate cancer progression. ..
- Wang L, Dutta S, Kojima T, Xu X, Khosravi Far R, Ekker S, et al. Neuropilin-1 modulates p53/caspases axis to promote endothelial cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e1161 pubmed
- Hörnberg H, Cioni J, Harris W, Holt C. Hermes Regulates Axon Sorting in the Optic Tract by Post-Trancriptional Regulation of Neuropilin 1. J Neurosci. 2016;36:12697-12706 pubmed..One of these targets is the guidance cue receptor Neuropilin 1 (Nrp1), which is sensitive to the repellent cue Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A)...
- Liu C, Ma W, Su W, Zhang J. Prdm14 acts upstream of islet2 transcription to regulate axon growth of primary motoneurons in zebrafish. Development. 2012;139:4591-600 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of islet2 in slg mutant embryos rescued the shortened CaP axon phenotypes. Together, these data reveal that prdm14 regulates CaP axon outgrowth through activation of islet2 expression. ..
- Jensen L, Nakamura M, BrÃ¤utigam L, Li X, Liu Y, Samani N, et al. VEGF-B-Neuropilin-1 signaling is spatiotemporally indispensable for vascular and neuronal development in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E5944-53 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, in situ detection of Neuropilin1 (Nrp1) mRNA showed an overlapping expression pattern with Vegfba, and knockdown of Nrp1 produced a nearly identically ..
- Chitramuthu B, Baranowski D, Kay D, Bateman A, Bennett H. Progranulin modulates zebrafish motoneuron development in vivo and rescues truncation defects associated with knockdown of Survival motor neuron 1. Mol Neurodegener. 2010;5:41 pubmed publisher..This study presents the first in vivo demonstration of the neurotrophic properties of PGRN and suggests possible future therapeutic applications in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Hirota S, Clements T, Tang L, Morales J, Lee H, Oh S, et al. Neuropilin 1 balances Î²8 integrin-activated TGFÎ² signaling to control sprouting angiogenesis in the brain. Development. 2015;142:4363-73 pubmed publisher..cell biological and molecular genetic approaches to demonstrate that Î²8 integrin (Itgb8) and neuropilinÂ 1 (Nrp1) cooperatively promote CNS angiogenesis by mediating adhesion and signaling events between neuroepithelial cells ..
- Tanaka H, Maeda R, Shoji W, Wada H, Masai I, Shiraki T, et al. Novel mutations affecting axon guidance in zebrafish and a role for plexin signalling in the guidance of trigeminal and facial nerve axons. Development. 2007;134:3259-69 pubmed
- Wolman M, Liu Y, Tawarayama H, Shoji W, Halloran M. Repulsion and attraction of axons by semaphorin3D are mediated by different neuropilins in vivo. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8428-35 pubmed..Together, these data support the hypothesis that Sema3D may act as a repellent through receptors containing Npn-1A and as an attractant via receptors containing Npn-1A and Npn-2B. ..
- Yu H, Moens C. Semaphorin signaling guides cranial neural crest cell migration in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2005;280:373-85 pubmed
- de Bruin A, A Cornelissen P, Kirchmaier B, Mokry M, Iich E, Nirmala E, et al. Genome-wide analysis reveals NRP1 as a direct HIF1?-E2F7 target in the regulation of motorneuron guidance in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:3549-66 pubmed publisher..explore the biological significance of this regulation we performed in situ hybridizations and observed enhanced nrp1a expression in spinal motorneurons (MN) of zebrafish embryos, upon morpholino-inhibition of e2f7/8 or hif1? ..