Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nr1i2
Description: nuclear receptor subfamily 1, group I, member 2
Alias: PXR, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group I member 2, pregnane X receptor
- Cunha V, Rodrigues P, Santos M, Moradas Ferreira P, Ferreira M. Danio rerio embryos on Prozac - Effects on the detoxification mechanism and embryo development. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;178:182-9 pubmed publisher..e., abcb4, abcc1, abcc2, abcg2, cyp1a, cyp3a65, gst, sod, cat, ahr, pxr, ppar?, ppar?, ppar?, rxraa, rxrab, rxrbb, rxrga, rxrgb, raraa, rarab, rarga evaluated...
- Krasowski M, Ai N, Hagey L, Kollitz E, Kullman S, Reschly E, et al. The evolution of farnesoid X, vitamin D, and pregnane X receptors: insights from the green-spotted pufferfish (Tetraodon nigriviridis) and other non-mammalian species. BMC Biochem. 2011;12:5 pubmed publisherThe farnesoid X receptor (FXR), pregnane X receptor (PXR), and vitamin D receptor (VDR) are three closely related nuclear hormone receptors in the NR1H and 1I subfamilies that share the property of being activated by bile salts...
- Fernandez I, Santos A, Cancela M, Laizé V, Gavaia P. Warfarin, a potential pollutant in aquatic environment acting through Pxr signaling pathway and ?-glutamyl carboxylation of vitamin K-dependent proteins. Environ Pollut. 2014;194:86-95 pubmed publisher..Expression of pregnane X receptor (pxr), the nuclear receptor binding vitamin K, was ubiquitous in zebrafish and suggests that warfarin ..
- Fidler A, Holland P, Reschly E, Ekins S, Krasowski M. Activation of a tunicate (Ciona intestinalis) xenobiotic receptor orthologue by both natural toxins and synthetic toxicants. Toxicon. 2012;59:365-72 pubmed publisher..The solitary tunicate Ciona intestinalis (Phylum Chordata) genome encodes an orthologue of the vertebrate pregnane X receptor (PXR) and vitamin D receptor (VDR), here denoted CiVDR/PXR?...
- Li X, Ma J, Fang Q, Li Y. Transcription alterations of microRNAs, cytochrome P4501A1 and 3A65, and AhR and PXR in the liver of zebrafish exposed to crude microcystins. Toxicon. 2013;73:17-22 pubmed publisher..cytochromes P450s CYP1A1 and CYP3A65, and their receptors, aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR, for CYP1A1) and pregnane X receptor (PXR, for CYP3A65), in the liver of zebrafish were evaluated after 24 h of 50, 200, or 800 ?g/L of crude ..
- FernÃ¡ndez I, Vijayakumar P, Marques C, Cancela M, Gavaia P, LaizÃ© V. Zebrafish vitamin K epoxide reductases: expression in vivo, along extracellular matrix mineralization and under phylloquinone and warfarin in vitro exposure. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2015;41:745-59 pubmed publisher..Expression of vkor genes can represent a reliable indicator to infer VK nutritional status in fish, while ZFB1 cells could represent a suitable in vitro tool to get insights into the mechanisms underlying VK action on fish bone. ..
- Lister A, Regan C, Van Zwol J, Van der Kraak G. Inhibition of egg production in zebrafish by fluoxetine and municipal effluents: a mechanistic evaluation. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;95:320-9 pubmed publisher..induced by all treatments of effluent, while EE(2) caused a reduction in the expression levels of CYP1A1, PXR, and CYP3A65...
- Jackson J, Kennedy C. Regulation of hepatic abcb4 and cyp3a65 gene expression and multidrug/multixenobiotic resistance (MDR/MXR) functional activity in the model teleost, Danio rerio (zebrafish). Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;200:34-41 pubmed publisher..In mammals, ligand-mediated pregnane X receptor (PXR) transcriptional activity regulates the induction of P-gp and CYP3A; however, this mechanism has not ..
- Blüthgen N, Meili N, Chew G, Odermatt A, Fent K. Accumulation and effects of the UV-filter octocrylene in adult and embryonic zebrafish (Danio rerio). Sci Total Environ. 2014;476-477:207-17 pubmed publisher..Blood levels of 11-ketotestosterone were not altered. The transcriptomics data suggest that OC mainly affects transcription of genes related to developmental processes in the brain and liver as well as metabolic processes in the liver. ..
- Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Du J, Zhao M. Environmentally relevant levels of ?-cyhalothrin, fenvalerate, and permethrin cause developmental toxicity and disrupt endocrine system in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo. Chemosphere. 2017;185:1173-1180 pubmed publisher..The 3 SPs also caused various alterations to the expression of genes including AhRs, PPAR?, and PXR. These findings suggest that these 3 SPs may cause developmental toxicity to zebrafish larvae by disrupting ..
- Chen Q, Jia A, Snyder S, Gong Z, Lam S. Glucocorticoid activity detected by in vivo zebrafish assay and in vitro glucocorticoid receptor bioassay at environmental relevant concentrations. Chemosphere. 2016;144:1162-9 pubmed publisher..The expression of pepck, baiap2 and pxr was up-regulated in zebrafish larvae and the expression of baiap2, pxr and mmp-2 was up-regulated in adult ..
- Pérez Albaladejo E, Rizzi J, Fernandes D, Lille Langøy R, Karlsen O, Goksøyr A, et al. Assessment of the environmental quality of coastal sediments by using a combination of in vitro bioassays. Mar Pollut Bull. 2016;108:53-61 pubmed publisher..the Po and Danube Rivers was assessed by using a battery of bioassays based on the use of PLHC-1 cells, zebrafish-Pxr-transfected COS-7 cells, and sea bass ovarian subcellular fractions...
- Kubota A, Goldstone J, Lemaire B, Takata M, Woodin B, Stegeman J. Role of pregnane X receptor and aryl hydrocarbon receptor in transcriptional regulation of pxr, CYP2, and CYP3 genes in developing zebrafish. Toxicol Sci. 2015;143:398-407 pubmed publisher..Response to a potential agonist for the pregnane X receptor (Pxr) [pregnenolone (PN)] was examined in developing zebrafish, to assess involvement of Pxr in regulation ..
- Chang C, Chung H, Su H, Tseng H, Tzou W, Hu C. Regulation of zebrafish CYP3A65 transcription by AHR2. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;270:174-84 pubmed publisher..In mammals, CYP3A genes are induced by various xenobiotics through processes mediated by PXR. We previously identified zebrafish CYP3A65 as a CYP3A ortholog that is constitutively expressed in ..