Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: npy
Description: neuropeptide Y
Alias: si:dkey-22m8.5, pro-neuropeptide Y
- Chen H, Huang H, Chen X, Deng S, Zhu C, Huang H, et al. Structural and functional characterization of neuromedin S in the teleost fish, zebrafish (Danio rerio). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;191:76-83 pubmed publisher..of zebrafish NMSRP by intraperitoneal injection significantly promoted the expression of neuropeptide Y (NPY) and orexin, suggesting an orexigenic role for NMSRP in zebrafish...
- Wong R, Oxendine S, Godwin J. Behavioral and neurogenomic transcriptome changes in wild-derived zebrafish with fluoxetine treatment. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:348 pubmed publisher..This study provides data that could help identify common molecular mechanisms of fluoxetine action across animal taxa. ..
- Zheng B, Li S, Liu Y, Li Y, Chen H, Tang H, et al. Spexin Suppress Food Intake in Zebrafish: Evidence from Gene Knockout Study. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14643 pubmed publisher..However, the hyperphagia did not lead to a higher growth rate or body fat percentage. Taken together, our study suggests that SPX1 may serve as a satiety signal molecular by suppressing the AgRP1 in the brain. ..
- Mathieu M, Trombino S, Argenton F, Larhammar D, Vallarino M. Developmental expression of NPY/PYY receptors zYb and zYc in zebrafish. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1040:399-401 pubmed..These results show that zYb and zYc receptors are expressed during ontogeny, suggesting a role for neuropeptide Y (NPY) and/or peptide YY (PYY) in organogenesis.
- Liu Y, Tang H, Xie R, Li S, Liu X, Lin H, et al. Genetic Evidence for Multifactorial Control of the Reproductive Axis in Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2017;158:604-611 pubmed publisher..fsh?) and luteinizing hormone beta (lh?) was not significantly altered whereas the expression of neuropeptide Y (npy), tachykinin 3 (tac3), and secretogranin-II (sgII) was significantly increased in the triple knockout mutant, ..
- Filby A, Paull G, Bartlett E, Van Look K, Tyler C. Physiological and health consequences of social status in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Physiol Behav. 2010;101:576-87 pubmed publisher..The wide-ranging physiological differences seen between dominant and subordinate zebrafish as a consequence of their social status suggest negative health impacts for subordinates after prolonged durations in those hierarchies. ..
- Dalmolin C, Almeida D, Figueiredo M, Marins L. Food intake and appetite control in a GH-transgenic zebrafish. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2015;41:1131-41 pubmed publisher..peptides related to food intake: the anorexigenic proopiomelanocortin (pomc) and the orexigenic neuropeptide Y (npy)...
- Sundstrom G, Larsson T, Xu B, Heldin J, Larhammar D. Interactions of zebrafish peptide YYb with the neuropeptide Y-family receptors Y4, Y7, Y8a, and Y8b. Front Neurosci. 2013;7:29 pubmed publisherThe neuropeptide Y (NPY) system influences numerous physiological functions including feeding behavior, endocrine regulation, and cardiovascular regulation. In jawed vertebrates it consists of 3-4 peptides and 4-7 receptors...
- Forner Piquer I, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Santangeli S, Allarà M, Piscitelli F, et al. Dose-Specific Effects of Di-Isononyl Phthalate on the Endocannabinoid System and on Liver of Female Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3462-3476 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that replacement of DEHP with DiNP should be considered with caution because of observed adverse DiNP effects on aquatic organisms. ..
- Kundap U, Kumari Y, Othman I, Shaikh M. Zebrafish as a Model for Epilepsy-Induced Cognitive Dysfunction: A Pharmacological, Biochemical and Behavioral Approach. Front Pharmacol. 2017;8:515 pubmed publisher..Therefore, combination of behavioral, neurochemical and genenetic information, makes this model a useful tool for future research and discovery of newer and safer AEDs. ..
- Mechaly A, Richardson E, Rinkwitz S. Activity of etv5a and etv5b genes in the hypothalamus of fasted zebrafish is influenced by serotonin. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;246:233-240 pubmed publisher..This is in line with a previously demonstrated anorexigenic function of serotonin. Our results suggest that obesity-associated ETV5 has a food intake stimulating function and that this function is modulated through serotonin. ..
- Mazumdar M, Sakharkar A, Singru P, Subhedar N. Reproduction phase-related variations in neuropeptide Y immunoreactivity in the olfactory system, forebrain, and pituitary of the female catfish, Clarias batrachus (Linn.). J Comp Neurol. 2007;504:450-69 pubmedThe aim of this study was to determine whether neuropeptide Y (NPY) immunoreactivity in the cells and fibers in the forebrain and pituitary of Clarias batrachus is linked to the annual reproductive cycle...
- Cortés R, Teles M, Oliveira M, Fierro Castro C, Tort L, Cerdá Reverter J. Effects of acute handling stress on short-term central expression of orexigenic/anorexigenic genes in zebrafish. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2018;44:257-272 pubmed publisher..All three orexigenic peptides examined, i.e., neuropeptide y (npy), agouti-related protein (agrp), and ghrelin, increased their central expression level suggesting that these ..
- Falcinelli S, Rodiles A, Unniappan S, Picchietti S, Gioacchini G, Merrifield D, et al. Probiotic treatment reduces appetite and glucose level in the zebrafish model. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18061 pubmed publisher..rhamnosus in the treatment of impaired glucose tolerance and food intake disorders by gut microbiota manipulation. ..
- Chen S, Oikonomou G, Chiu C, Niles B, Liu J, Lee D, et al. A large-scale in vivo analysis reveals that TALENs are significantly more mutagenic than ZFNs generated using context-dependent assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2769-78 pubmed publisher..The higher mutation rates and ability to target essentially any sequence make TALENs the superior technology for targeted mutagenesis in zebrafish, and likely other animal models. ..
- Davis D, Doerr H, Grzelak A, Busi S, Jasarević E, Ericsson A, et al. Lactobacillus plantarum attenuates anxiety-related behavior and protects against stress-induced dysbiosis in adult zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:33726 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the influence commensal microbes have on physiological function in the host, and demonstrate bidirectional communication between the GM and the host. ..
- Wirbisky S, SepÃºlveda M, Weber G, Jannasch A, Horzmann K, Freeman J. Embryonic Atrazine Exposure Elicits Alterations in Genes Associated with Neuroendocrine Function in Adult Male Zebrafish. Toxicol Sci. 2016;153:149-64 pubmed publisher..Overall, this data indicate future studies should focus on additional neuroendocrine endpoints to determine potential functional impairments. ..
- Shimada Y, Hirano M, Nishimura Y, Tanaka T. A high-throughput fluorescence-based assay system for appetite-regulating gene and drug screening. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52549 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have developed an assay that uses zebrafish, which can be applied to high-throughput screening and target gene discovery for appetite suppressants and enhancers. ..
- Martella A, Silvestri C, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Allarà M, Radaelli G, et al. Bisphenol A Induces Fatty Liver by an Endocannabinoid-Mediated Positive Feedback Loop. Endocrinology. 2016;157:1751-63 pubmed publisher..We conclude that BPA is able to produce hepatosteatosis in zebrafish and human hepatocytes by up-regulating the endocannabinoid system. ..
- Kopp R, Billecke N, Legradi J, den Broeder M, Parekh S, Legler J. Bringing obesity to light: Rev-erbÎ±, a central player in light-induced adipogenesis in the zebrafish?. Int J Obes (Lond). 2016;40:824-32 pubmed publisher..As the pparÎ²Î´ promoter includes three Rev-erbÎ± binding sites, we hypothesize that pparÎ²Î´ may be a direct target that ultimately activates PparÎ³. ..
- Zhang Y, Li S, Liu Y, Lu D, Chen H, Huang X, et al. Structural diversity of the GnIH/GnIH receptor system in teleost: its involvement in early development and the negative control of LH release. Peptides. 2010;31:1034-43 pubmed publisher..These results provided the first evidence that gnih plays an important role in the negative regulation of LH release in teleost. ..
- Lovett Barron M, Andalman A, Allen W, Vesuna S, Kauvar I, Burns V, et al. Ancestral Circuits for the Coordinated Modulation of Brain State. Cell. 2017;171:1411-1423.e17 pubmed publisher..These experiments establish a method for unbiased discovery of cellular elements underlying behavior and reveal an evolutionarily conserved set of diverse neuromodulatory systems that collectively govern internal state. ..