Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: notch1b
Description: notch 1b
Alias: etID309871.5, wu:fc55e11, neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 1, notch homolog 1b, notch receptor protein 1b
- Kortschak R, Tamme R, Lardelli M. Evolutionary analysis of vertebrate Notch genes. Dev Genes Evol. 2001;211:350-4 pubmed..Sequence similarities between the ankyrin repeats and the region immediately C-terminal of the repeats further suggests that this region may be involved in the modulation of ankyrin repeat function. ..
- del Monte G, Grego Bessa J, González Rajal A, Bolós V, de la Pompa J. Monitoring Notch1 activity in development: evidence for a feedback regulatory loop. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2594-614 pubmed..We found that Notch1 transcription and activity was severely reduced in zebrafish and mouse Notch pathway mutants, suggesting that vertebrate Notch1 expression is regulated by a positive feedback loop. ..
- Banjo T, Grajcarek J, Yoshino D, Osada H, Miyasaka K, Kida Y, et al. Haemodynamically dependent valvulogenesis of zebrafish heart is mediated by flow-dependent expression of miR-21. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1978 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-21 is a central component of a flow-controlled mechanotransduction system in a physicogenetic regulatory loop. ..
- Leslie J, Ariza McNaughton L, Bermange A, McAdow R, Johnson S, Lewis J. Endothelial signalling by the Notch ligand Delta-like 4 restricts angiogenesis. Development. 2007;134:839-44 pubmed..Thus, Dll4-Notch signalling acts as an angiogenic ;off' switch by making endothelial cells unresponsive to Vegf. ..
- Camarata T, Krcmery J, Snyder D, Park S, Topczewski J, Simon H. Pdlim7 (LMP4) regulation of Tbx5 specifies zebrafish heart atrio-ventricular boundary and valve formation. Dev Biol. 2010;337:233-45 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that controlling the correct balance of Tbx5 activity is crucial for the specification of the AV boundary and valve formation. ..
- Chi N, Shaw R, De Val S, Kang G, Jan L, Black B, et al. Foxn4 directly regulates tbx2b expression and atrioventricular canal formation. Genes Dev. 2008;22:734-9 pubmed publisher..sli/foxn4 is expressed in the AV canal, and its encoded product binds to a highly conserved tbx2 enhancer domain that contains Foxn4- and T-box-binding sites, both necessary to regulate tbx2b expression in the AV canal. ..
- Dias T, Yang Y, Ogai K, Becker T, Becker C. Notch signaling controls generation of motor neurons in the lesioned spinal cord of adult zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2012;32:3245-52 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that Notch is a negative signal for regenerative neurogenesis, and, importantly, that spinal motor neuron regeneration can be augmented in an adult vertebrate by inhibiting Notch signaling. ..
- Alunni A, Krecsmarik M, Bosco A, Galant S, Pan L, Moens C, et al. Notch3 signaling gates cell cycle entry and limits neural stem cell amplification in the adult pallium. Development. 2013;140:3335-47 pubmed publisher..By contrast, abrogation of notch1b function results in the generation of neurons at the expense of the activated NSC state...
- Milan D, Giokas A, Serluca F, Peterson R, Macrae C. Notch1b and neuregulin are required for specification of central cardiac conduction tissue. Development. 2006;133:1125-32 pubmed..Finally, both neuregulin and notch1b are necessary for the development of atrioventricular conduction tissue...
- Bertrand J, Cisson J, Stachura D, Traver D. Notch signaling distinguishes 2 waves of definitive hematopoiesis in the zebrafish embryo. Blood. 2010;115:2777-83 pubmed publisher..These studies establish that HSCs are the only hematopoietic precursor that requires Notch signaling and help to clarify the signaling events underlying the specification of the 2 distinct waves of definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Sultana N, Nag K, Hoshijima K, Laird D, Kawakami A, Hirose S. Zebrafish early cardiac connexin, Cx36.7/Ecx, regulates myofibril orientation and heart morphogenesis by establishing Nkx2.5 expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:4763-8 pubmed publisher..5 expression, which in turn promotes unidirectional, parallel alignment of myofibrils and the subsequent proper heart morphogenesis. ..
- Raya A, Koth C, Buscher D, Kawakami Y, Itoh T, Raya R, et al. Activation of Notch signaling pathway precedes heart regeneration in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100 Suppl 1:11889-95 pubmed..Preceding Msx activation, there is a marked increase in the expression of notch1b and deltaC, which we show are also up-regulated during fin regeneration...
- Lorent K, Yeo S, Oda T, Chandrasekharappa S, Chitnis A, Matthews R, et al. Inhibition of Jagged-mediated Notch signaling disrupts zebrafish biliary development and generates multi-organ defects compatible with an Alagille syndrome phenocopy. Development. 2004;131:5753-66 pubmed..These data confirm an evolutionarily conserved role for Notch signaling in vertebrate liver development, and support the zebrafish as a model system for diseases of the human biliary system...
- Crosnier C, Vargesson N, Gschmeissner S, Ariza McNaughton L, Morrison A, Lewis J. Delta-Notch signalling controls commitment to a secretory fate in the zebrafish intestine. Development. 2005;132:1093-104 pubmed..These findings demonstrate the central role of Notch signalling in the gut stem-cell system and establish the zebrafish as a model for study of the mechanisms controlling renewal of gut epithelium. ..
- Walsh E, Stainier D. UDP-glucose dehydrogenase required for cardiac valve formation in zebrafish. Science. 2001;293:1670-3 pubmed..The atrioventricular border cells do not differentiate from their neighbors in jekyll mutants, suggesting that Jekyll is required in a cell signaling event that establishes a boundary between the atrium and ventricle. ..
- Pasini A, Jiang Y, Wilkinson D. Two zebrafish Notch-dependent hairy/Enhancer-of-split-related genes, her6 and her4, are required to maintain the coordination of cyclic gene expression in the presomitic mesoderm. Development. 2004;131:1529-41 pubmed
- Lee Y, Cope J, Ackermann G, Goishi K, Armstrong E, Paw B, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor signaling is required for cardiac valve formation in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:29-37 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate a novel function for VEGF-Rs in the endocardial endothelium of the developing cardiac valve. ..
- Feng N, Chen H, Fu S, Bian Z, Lin X, Yang L, et al. HIF-1Î± and HIF-2Î± induced angiogenesis in gastrointestinal vascular malformation and reversed by thalidomide. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27280 pubmed publisher..The abnormally high expression of HIF-1Î± and HIF-2Î± may contribute to GIVM. ..
- Martin E, Moriarty M, Byrnes L, Grealy M. Plakoglobin has both structural and signalling roles in zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2009;327:83-96 pubmed publisher..post fertilisation (hpf), and cmlc2 and vmhc at 48 hpf, while there is lack of restriction of the valve markers notch1b and bmp4 at 48 hpf...
- Li J, Yue Y, Zhao Q. Retinoic Acid Signaling Is Essential for Valvulogenesis by Affecting Endocardial Cushions Formation in Zebrafish Embryos. Zebrafish. 2016;13:9-18 pubmed publisher..Examining the expression patterns of AVC marker genes including bmp4, bmp2b, nppa, notch1b, and has2, we found the morphants displayed abnormal development of endocardial AVC but almost normal development ..
- Hein K, Mittler G, Cizelsky W, KÃ¼hl M, Ferrante F, Liefke R, et al. Site-specific methylation of Notch1 controls the amplitude and duration of the Notch1 response. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra30 pubmed publisher..Mathematical modeling indicated that full but short and transient Notch signaling required methylation of NICD. ..
- Dutta S, Dietrich J, Westerfield M, Varga Z. Notch signaling regulates endocrine cell specification in the zebrafish anterior pituitary. Dev Biol. 2008;319:248-57 pubmed publisher..We propose that Notch mediated lateral inhibition regulates the relative numbers of specified hormone cell types in the three pituitary subdomains. ..
- Kirchmaier B, Poon K, Schwerte T, Huisken J, Winkler C, Jungblut B, et al. The Popeye domain containing 2 (popdc2) gene in zebrafish is required for heart and skeletal muscle development. Dev Biol. 2012;363:438-50 pubmed publisher..Our results identify popdc2 as a gene important for striated muscle differentiation and cardiac morphogenesis. In addition it is required for the development of the cardiac conduction system. ..
- Shin S, Lee S, Bae J, Jee J, Cha H, Lee Y. Thymosin beta4 regulates cardiac valve formation via endothelial-mesenchymal transformation in zebrafish embryos. Mol Cells. 2014;37:330-6 pubmed publisher..The expressions of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) 4, notch1b, and hyaluronic acid synthase (HAS) 2 genes were also markedly reduced in atrio-ventricular canal (AVC)...
- Chen I, Wang H, Hsieh Y, Huang W, Yeh H, Chuang Y. PRSS23 is essential for the Snail-dependent endothelial-to-mesenchymal transition during valvulogenesis in zebrafish. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;97:443-53 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated for the first time that the initiation of EndoMT in valvulogenesis depends on PRSS23-Snail signalling and that the functional role of PRSS23 during AV valve formation is evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Donat S, Lourenço M, Paolini A, Otten C, Renz M, Abdelilah Seyfried S. Heg1 and Ccm1/2 proteins control endocardial mechanosensitivity during zebrafish valvulogenesis. elife. 2018;7: pubmed publisher..Conversely, loss of Krit1 results in increased expression of klf2a and notch1b throughout the endocardium and prevents cardiac valve leaflet formation...
- Mehta V, Peterson R, Heideman W. 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin exposure prevents cardiac valve formation in developing zebrafish. Toxicol Sci. 2008;104:303-11 pubmed publisher..of endothelial cells at the AV and BV junctions and altered the localized expression of mRNAs bmp4 and notch1b normally associated with the nascent valves...
- Gore A, Athans B, Iben J, Johnson K, Russanova V, Castranova D, et al. Epigenetic regulation of hematopoiesis by DNA methylation. elife. 2016;5:e11813 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an epigenetic mechanism supporting the maintenance of hematopoietic cell fate via DNA methylation-mediated perdurance of a key transcription factor in HSPCs. ..
- Durst R, Sauls K, Peal D, deVlaming A, Toomer K, Leyne M, et al. Mutations in DCHS1 cause mitral valve prolapse. Nature. 2015;525:109-13 pubmed publisher..Understanding the role of DCHS1 in mitral valve development and MVP pathogenesis holds potential for therapeutic insights for this very common disease. ..
- Dyer C, Linker C, Graham A, Knight R. Specification of sensory neurons occurs through diverse developmental programs functioning in the brain and spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1429-39 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals fundamental differences between the development of MTN and RB neurons and suggests that these populations are non-homologous and thus have distinct developmental and, probably, evolutionary origins. ..
- Okigawa S, Mizoguchi T, Okano M, Tanaka H, Isoda M, Jiang Y, et al. Different combinations of Notch ligands and receptors regulate V2 interneuron progenitor proliferation and V2a/V2b cell fate determination. Dev Biol. 2014;391:196-206 pubmed publisher..Two ligands, DeltaA and DeltaD, and three receptors, Notch1a, Notch1b, and Notch3 redundantly contribute to p2 progenitor maintenance...
- Sacilotto N, Monteiro R, Fritzsche M, Becker P, Sánchez del Campo L, Liu K, et al. Analysis of Dll4 regulation reveals a combinatorial role for Sox and Notch in arterial development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11893-8 pubmed publisher..Fascinatingly, this combinatorial ablation leads to a loss of arterial markers and the absence of a detectable dorsal aorta, demonstrating the essential roles of SoxF and Notch, together, in the acquisition of arterial identity. ..
- So J, Chun H, Bae Y, Kim H, Park Y, Huh T, et al. Her4 is necessary for establishing peripheral projections of the trigeminal ganglia in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:22-6 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that Her4 and Notch play a role in peripheral outgrowth of sensory neurons. ..
- Choudhry P, Trede N. DiGeorge syndrome gene tbx1 functions through wnt11r to regulate heart looping and differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58145 pubmed publisher..This is the first study linking tbx1 and non-canonical Wnt signaling and extends our understanding of DGS and heart development. ..
- Langenbacher A, Nguyen C, Cavanaugh A, Huang J, Lu F, Chen J. The PAF1 complex differentially regulates cardiomyocyte specification. Dev Biol. 2011;353:19-28 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate critical but differential requirements for PAF1C components in zebrafish cardiac specification and heart morphogenesis. ..
- Yeo S, Kim M, Kim H, Huh T, Chitnis A. Fluorescent protein expression driven by her4 regulatory elements reveals the spatiotemporal pattern of Notch signaling in the nervous system of zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol. 2007;301:555-67 pubmed..The establishment of a reporter line with Notch-Su(H)-dependent fluorescent gene expression provides a tool to explore the complex role of Notch signaling in the development of vertebrate nervous system. ..
- Samsa L, Givens C, Tzima E, Stainier D, Qian L, Liu J. Cardiac contraction activates endocardial Notch signaling to modulate chamber maturation in zebrafish. Development. 2015;142:4080-91 pubmed publisher..contraction, we showed that cardiac contraction is required for trabeculation through its role in regulating notch1b transcription in the ventricular endocardium...
- Palencia Desai S, Rost M, Schumacher J, Ton Q, Craig M, Baltrunaite K, et al. Myocardium and BMP signaling are required for endocardial differentiation. Development. 2015;142:2304-15 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the myocardium is crucial for endocardial morphogenesis and differentiation, and identify BMP as a signal involved in endocardial differentiation. ..
- Blackburn J, Liu S, Raiser D, Martinez S, Feng H, Meeker N, et al. Notch signaling expands a pre-malignant pool of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia clones without affecting leukemia-propagating cell frequency. Leukemia. 2012;26:2069-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that a primary role of Notch signaling in T-ALL is to expand a population of pre-malignant thymocytes, of which a subset acquire the necessary mutations to become fully transformed LPCs. ..
- Liu L, Lin M, Lai Z, Jiang J, Huang Y, Jao L, et al. Motor neuron-derived Thsd7a is essential for zebrafish vascular development via the Notch-dll4 signaling pathway. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:59 pubmed publisher..Transcript profiling further revealed that expression levels of notch1b and its downstream targets, vegfr2/3 and nrarpb, were down-regulated in the Thsd7a morphants...
- Williams C, Kim S, Ni T, Mitchell L, Ro H, Penn J, et al. Hedgehog signaling induces arterial endothelial cell formation by repressing venous cell fate. Dev Biol. 2010;341:196-204 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies suggest that arterial endothelial cells are specified and formed via repressing venous cell fate at the lateral plate mesoderm by Hh signaling during vasculogenesis. ..
- Shin M, Beane T, Quillien A, Male I, Zhu L, Lawson N. Vegfa signals through ERK to promote angiogenesis, but not artery differentiation. Development. 2016;143:3796-3805 pubmed..Together, these studies implicate ERK as a specific effector of Vegfa signaling in the induction of angiogenic genes during sprouting. ..
- Dina C, Bouatia Naji N, Tucker N, Delling F, Toomer K, Durst R, et al. Genetic association analyses highlight biological pathways underlying mitral valve prolapse. Nat Genet. 2015;47:1206-11 pubmed publisher..This study identifies the first risk loci for MVP and suggests new mechanisms involved in mitral valve regurgitation, the most common indication for mitral valve repair. ..
- Totong R, Schell T, Lescroart F, Ryckebusch L, Lin Y, Zygmunt T, et al. The novel transmembrane protein Tmem2 is essential for coordination of myocardial and endocardial morphogenesis. Development. 2011;138:4199-205 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal that Tmem2 is an essential mediator of myocardium-endocardium coordination during cardiac morphogenesis. ..
- Huang H, Jin T, He J, Ding Q, Xu D, Wang L, et al. Progesterone and adipoQ receptor 11 links ras signaling to cardiac development in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2158-70 pubmed publisher..This study not only provides in vivo evidence that PAQR11 plays a critical role in heart morphogenesis but also pinpoints the importance of compartmentalized Ras signaling during development. ..
- Pillay L, Mackowetzky K, Widen S, Waskiewicz A. Somite-Derived Retinoic Acid Regulates Zebrafish Hematopoietic Stem Cell Formation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0166040 pubmed publisher..Our analyses demonstrate that somite-derived RA functions to regulate components of the Notch and Cxcl12 chemokine signaling pathways during HSC formation. ..
- Rowlinson J, Gering M. Hey2 acts upstream of Notch in hematopoietic stem cell specification in zebrafish embryos. Blood. 2010;116:2046-56 pubmed publisher..These results establish an essential role for Hey2 upstream of Notch in HSC formation. ..
- Patra C, Diehl F, Ferrazzi F, van Amerongen M, Novoyatleva T, Schaefer L, et al. Nephronectin regulates atrioventricular canal differentiation via Bmp4-Has2 signaling in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:4499-509 pubmed publisher..expanded and endocardial cells along the extended tube-like structure exhibit characteristics of AV cells (has2, notch1b and Alcam expression, cuboidal cell shape)...
- Kolpa H, Peal D, Lynch S, Giokas A, Ghatak S, Misra S, et al. miR-21 represses Pdcd4 during cardiac valvulogenesis. Development. 2013;140:2172-80 pubmed publisher..PDCD4 knockdown alone was sufficient to enhance endothelial cell migration. These results demonstrate that miR-21 plays a necessary role in cardiac valvulogenesis, in large part due to an obligatory downregulation of PDCD4. ..
- Soni K, Choudhary A, Patowary A, Singh A, Bhatia S, Sivasubbu S, et al. miR-34 is maternally inherited in Drosophila melanogaster and Danio rerio. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:4470-80 pubmed publisher..Here, we report for the first time, the maternal inheritance of an miRNA involved in development of the neuronal system in a vertebrate model system. ..
- Just S, Berger I, Meder B, Backs J, Keller A, Marquart S, et al. Protein kinase D2 controls cardiac valve formation in zebrafish by regulating histone deacetylase 5 activity. Circulation. 2011;124:324-34 pubmed publisher..Histone deacetylase 5 activity in homozygous bng mutant embryos can rescue the mutant phenotype and reconstitutes notch1b expression in atrioventricular endocardial cells...
- Just S, Hirth S, Berger I, Fishman M, Rottbauer W. The mediator complex subunit Med10 regulates heart valve formation in zebrafish by controlling Tbx2b-mediated Has2 expression and cardiac jelly formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:581-588 pubmed publisher..We propose here a rather unique role of Med10 in orchestrating cardiac valve formation by mediating Foxn4 dependent tbx2b transcription, expression of Has2 and subsequently proper development of the cardiac jelly. ..
- Lu G, Ren S, Korge P, Choi J, Dong Y, Weiss J, et al. A novel mitochondrial matrix serine/threonine protein phosphatase regulates the mitochondria permeability transition pore and is essential for cellular survival and development. Genes Dev. 2007;21:784-96 pubmed..These data suggest that PP2Cm is a novel mitochondrial protein phosphatase that has a critical function in cell death and survival, and may play a role in regulating the MPTP opening. ..
- Dunn E, Billquist E, VanderStoep A, Bax P, Westrate L, McLellan L, et al. Dual Roles of Fer Kinase Are Required for Proper Hematopoiesis and Vascular Endothelium Organization during Zebrafish Development. Biology (Basel). 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a model in which separate kinase dependent and independent functions of Fer act in conjunction with Notch activity in a divergent manner for hematopoietic determination and vascular tissue organization. ..
- Ma E, Rubel E, Raible D. Notch signaling regulates the extent of hair cell regeneration in the zebrafish lateral line. J Neurosci. 2008;28:2261-73 pubmed publisher..Excess hair cells result from increased support cell proliferation. These results suggest a model where Notch signaling limits the number of hair cells produced during regeneration by regulating support cell proliferation. ..
- Romero Carvajal A, Navajas Acedo J, Jiang L, Kozlovskaja GumbrienÄ— A, Alexander R, Li H, et al. Regeneration of Sensory Hair Cells Requires Localized Interactions between the Notch and Wnt Pathways. Dev Cell. 2015;34:267-82 pubmed publisher..The striking similaritiesÂ toÂ other vertebrate stem cell compartments uniquely place zebrafish to help elucidate why mammals possess such low capacity to regenerate hair cells. ..
- Barske L, Askary A, Zuniga E, Balczerski B, Bump P, Nichols J, et al. Competition between Jagged-Notch and Endothelin1 Signaling Selectively Restricts Cartilage Formation in the Zebrafish Upper Face. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005967 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model in which Notch-mediated restriction of cartilage differentiation, particularly in the second pharyngeal arch, helps to establish a distinct skeletal pattern in the upper face. ..
- Dickover M, Hegarty J, Ly K, Lopez D, Yang H, Zhang R, et al. The atypical Rho GTPase, RhoU, regulates cell-adhesion molecules during cardiac morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2014;389:182-91 pubmed publisher..Failure to properly form these cell adhesions during cardiac development may lead to structural heart defects and mechanistically account for the cellular events that occur in certain human congenital heart diseases. ..
- Hartnett L, Glynn C, Nolan C, Grealy M, Byrnes L. Insulin-like growth factor-2 regulates early neural and cardiovascular system development in zebrafish embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:573-83 pubmed publisher..The finding that igf-2a and igf-2b do not act exclusively in a redundant manner may explain why both genes have been stably maintained in the genome. ..
- Smith K, Lagendijk A, Courtney A, Chen H, Paterson S, Hogan B, et al. Transmembrane protein 2 (Tmem2) is required to regionally restrict atrioventricular canal boundary and endocardial cushion development. Development. 2011;138:4193-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that immature AVC expansion in wkm mutants is rescued by depleting Bmp4, indicating that Tmem2 restricts bmp4 expression to delimit the AVC primordium during cardiac development. ..
- Dozawa M, Kono H, Sato Y, Ito Y, Tanaka H, Ohshima T. Valproic acid, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, regulates cell proliferation in the adult zebrafish optic tectum. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1401-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that VPA inhibits HDAC activity and upregulates Notch signaling to reduce cell proliferation in the optic tectum of adult zebrafish. ..
- Zhao L, Borikova A, Ben Yair R, Guner Ataman B, Macrae C, Lee R, et al. Notch signaling regulates cardiomyocyte proliferation during zebrafish heart regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1403-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data uncover the exquisite sensitivity of regenerative cardiomyocyte proliferation to perturbations in Notch signaling. ..
- Dash S, Hakonen E, Ustinov J, Otonkoski T, Andersson O, Lehtonen S. sept7b is required for the differentiation of pancreatic endocrine progenitors. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24992 pubmed publisher..pancreatic bud-derived cells: sept7b-depleted larvae exhibit downregulation of Notch receptors notch1a and notch1b and show precocious differentiation of NeuroD-positive endocrine cells in the intrapancreatic duct and gut ..
- Lin X, Rinaldo L, Fazly A, Xu X. Depletion of Med10 enhances Wnt and suppresses Nodal signaling during zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;303:536-48 pubmed..Thus, Med10 appears to be a unique MED subunit that differentially transduces information from distinct signaling pathways during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Nguyen C, Langenbacher A, Hsieh M, Chen J. The PAF1 complex component Leo1 is essential for cardiac and neural crest development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;341:167-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide the first genetic evidence of the requirement for Leo1 in the development of the heart and neural crest cell populations. ..
- Da as S, Coombs A, Balci T, Grondin C, Ferrando A, Berman J. The zebrafish reveals dependence of the mast cell lineage on Notch signaling in vivo. Blood. 2012;119:3585-94 pubmed publisher..A series of morpholino knockdown studies specifically identified notch1b and gata2 as the critical factors regulating mast cell fate...
- Geudens I, Herpers R, Hermans K, Segura I, Ruiz de Almodovar C, Bussmann J, et al. Role of delta-like-4/Notch in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1695-702 pubmed publisher..At a later phase, Notch silencing impaired navigation of lymphatic intersomitic vessels along their arterial templates. These studies imply critical roles for Notch signaling in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network. ..