Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nos2b
Description: nitric oxide synthase 2b, inducible
Alias: inosb, nitric oxide synthase, inducible, inducible nitric oxide synthase b
- Hsu A, Wang D, Gurol T, Zhou W, Zhu X, Lu H, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-722 fine-tunes neutrophilic inflammation by inhibiting Rac2 in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:1323-1332 pubmed publisher..Finally, an miR-722 mimic protects zebrafish from lethal lipopolysaccharide challenge. Together, these results provide evidence for and the mechanism of an anti-inflammatory miRNA that restrains detrimental systemic inflammation. ..
- Corrales J, Fang X, Thornton C, Mei W, Barbazuk W, Duke M, et al. Effects on specific promoter DNA methylation in zebrafish embryos and larvae following benzo[a]pyrene exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014;163:37-46 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to link aberrant CG, CHH, and CHG methylation to heritable epigenetic consequences associated with disease in later life. ..
- Vliegenthart A, Wei C, Buckley C, Berends C, de Potter C, Schneemann S, et al. Characterization of Triptolide-Induced Hepatotoxicity by Imaging and Transcriptomics in a Novel Zebrafish Model. Toxicol Sci. 2017;159:380-391 pubmed publisher..RNA sequencing, guided by time-lapse microscopy, revealed early down-regulation of genes consistent with previous invitro studies, and facilitated the discovery of mechanistic inflammatory pathways. ..
- Wang L, Zhang P, Wei Y, Gao Y, Patient R, Liu F. A blood flow-dependent klf2a-NO signaling cascade is required for stabilization of hematopoietic stem cell programming in zebrafish embryos. Blood. 2011;118:4102-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have demonstrated that blood flow is essential for HSC development and is mediated by a klf2a-NO signaling cascade in zebrafish. ..
- Wittmann C, Reischl M, Shah A, Kronfuss E, Mikut R, Liebel U, et al. A Zebrafish Drug-Repurposing Screen Reveals sGC-Dependent and sGC-Independent Pro-Inflammatory Activities of Nitric Oxide. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137286 pubmed publisher..Together, we show that our screening method can help to identify novel immune-modulatory activities and provide new mechanistic insights into the regulation of inflammatory processes. ..