Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nos2a
Description: nitric oxide synthase 2a, inducible
Alias: inosa, nos2, si:dkey-57m14.4, nitric oxide synthase 2a, inducible, inducible nitric oxide synthase a, nitric oxide synthase 2, inducible, macrophage
- Kim E, Lee W, Um J, Kang N, Cheong S, Oh J, et al. Anti-inflammatory Effects of Galactose-Taurine Sodium Salt: A Taurine Derivate in Zebrafish In Vivo Model. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;975:655-666 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study first indicates that Gal-Tau could be considered as an effective anti-inflammatory material with its anti-inflammatory activity. ..
- Palha N, Guivel Benhassine F, Briolat V, Lutfalla G, Sourisseau M, Ellett F, et al. Real-time whole-body visualization of Chikungunya Virus infection and host interferon response in zebrafish. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003619 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that the zebrafish represents a novel valuable model to dynamically visualize replication, pathogenesis and host responses to a human virus. ..
- Zhang H, Fei C, Wu H, Yang M, Liu Q, Wang Q, et al. Transcriptome profiling reveals Th17-like immune responses induced in zebrafish bath-vaccinated with a live attenuated Vibrio anguillarum. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73871 pubmed publisher..The transcriptome profiling with microarray revealed the Th17-like immune response to bath-vaccination with the live attenuated V. anguillarum in zebrafish. ..
- Ruyra A, Cano Sarabia M, MacKenzie S, Maspoch D, Roher N. A novel liposome-based nanocarrier loaded with an LPS-dsRNA cocktail for fish innate immune system stimulation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76338 pubmed publisher..The design of a unique delivery system with the ability to stimulate two potent innate immunity pathways virtually present in all fish species represents a completely new approach in fish health. ..
- Brudal E, Ulanova L, O Lampe E, Rishovd A, Griffiths G, Winther Larsen H. Establishment of three Francisella infections in zebrafish embryos at different temperatures. Infect Immun. 2014;82:2180-94 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate the usefulness of the zebrafish embryo model for studying infections caused by different Francisella species at a wide range of temperatures and highlight their interactions with immune cells. ..
- López Muñoz A, Roca F, Meseguer J, Mulero V. New insights into the evolution of IFNs: zebrafish group II IFNs induce a rapid and transient expression of IFN-dependent genes and display powerful antiviral activities. J Immunol. 2009;182:3440-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest nonredundant, complementary roles of type I zfIFNs in viral infections and provide evidence for a pivotal role of the recently identified group II IFN of fish in the early stages of viral infections. ..
- Dios S, Romero A, Chamorro R, Figueras A, Novoa B. Effect of the temperature during antiviral immune response ontogeny in teleosts. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:1019-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, Mx seems to play an important role in viral immunity in larvae, when the adaptive immune response is not fully functional. ..
- North T, Goessling W, Peeters M, Li P, Ceol C, Lord A, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell development is dependent on blood flow. Cell. 2009;137:736-48 pubmed publisher..This work links blood flow to AGM hematopoiesis and identifies NO as a conserved downstream regulator of HSC development. ..
- Jiang L, Zhang J, Wang J, Wang L, Zhang L, Li G, et al. Sperm, but not oocyte, DNA methylome is inherited by zebrafish early embryos. Cell. 2013;153:773-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, inheritance of the sperm methylome facilitates the epigenetic regulation of embryogenesis. Therefore, besides DNA sequences, sperm DNA methylome is also inherited in zebrafish early embryos. ..
- Pan C, Wu J, Hui C, Lin C, Chen J. Insights into the antibacterial and immunomodulatory functions of the antimicrobial peptide, epinecidin-1, against Vibrio vulnificus infection in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:1019-25 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the use of epinecidin-1 to develop inactivated material for fish bacterial infections which can provide guidelines for the future design of epinecidin-1-bacterial formulations for various in vivo applications. ..
- Liu X, Chang X, Wu H, Xiao J, Gao Y, Zhang Y. Role of intestinal inflammation in predisposition of Edwardsiella tarda infection in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;41:271-8 pubmed publisher..tarda infection might inhibit the growth of intestinal microbiota. Our results suggest that maintaining good management to avoid intestinal inflammation is a feasible prevention measure against edwardsiellosis. ..
- Lee Y, Lee B, Jeong S, Park J, Han I, Lee C. Increased cell proliferation and neural activity by physostigmine in the telencephalon of adult zebrafish. Neurosci Lett. 2016;629:189-195 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 200?M physostigmine increased neural activity and induced cell proliferation via nitric oxide production in zebrafish. ..
- Gioacchini G, Giorgini E, Olivotto I, Maradonna F, Merrifield D, Carnevali O. The influence of probiotics on zebrafish Danio rerio innate immunity and hepatic stress. Zebrafish. 2014;11:98-106 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results show that probiotic administration may enhance zebrafish welfare by modulating the innate immune response and improving hepatic stress tolerance. ..
- Huang X, Wang H, Meng L, Wang Q, Yu J, Gao Q, et al. Role of eosinophils and apoptosis in PDIMs/PGLs deficient mycobacterium elimination in adult zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;59:199-206 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the anti-apoptotic effects of PDIMs/PGLs and the recruitment of eosinophils in tissue during the early infection in zebrafish might promote bacterium growth in vivo. ..
- Díaz Casado M, Lima E, Garcia J, Doerrier C, Aranda P, Sayed R, et al. Melatonin rescues zebrafish embryos from the parkinsonian phenotype restoring the parkin/PINK1/DJ-1/MUL1 network. J Pineal Res. 2016;61:96-107 pubmed publisher..The results show, for the first time, that melatonin restores brain function in zebrafish suffering with Parkinson-like disease. ..
- Gioacchini G, Rossi G, Carnevali O. Host-probiotic interaction: new insight into the role of the endocannabinoid system by in vivo and ex vivo approaches. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1261 pubmed publisher..The results presented here strengthen the molecular mechanisms activated by probiotic mix controlling immune response and inflammation. ..
- Xu H, Yang M, Qiu W, Pan C, Wu M. The impact of endocrine-disrupting chemicals on oxidative stress and innate immune response in zebrafish embryos. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2013;32:1793-9 pubmed publisher..The authors' results demonstrate that exposure to BPA and NP significantly affects the expression of genes related to immune response in zebrafish embryos following oxidative stress. ..
- Zheng J, Yuan S, Wu C, Lv Z, Zhu A. Circadian time-dependent antioxidant and inflammatory responses to acute cadmium exposure in the brain of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;182:113-119 pubmed publisher..Taken together, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the brain were more serious when fish were exposed to Cd in the evening than in the morning, highlighting the importance of circadian rhythm in Cd-induced neurotoxicity in fish. ..
- Ekambaram S, Perumal S, Pavadai S. Anti-inflammatory effect of Naravelia zeylanica DC via suppression of inflammatory mediators in carrageenan-induced abdominal oedema in zebrafish model. Inflammopharmacology. 2017;25:147-158 pubmed publisher..The PCR amplification of DNA extracted from adult zebrafish showed that increased concentration of ENZ considerably downregulates the expression of TNF-? and iNOS, the mediators of inflammation. ..
- Chao C, Hsu P, Jen C, Chen I, Wang C, Chan H, et al. Zebrafish as a model host for Candida albicans infection. Infect Immun. 2010;78:2512-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of this work demonstrate that zebrafish can be a useful host model to study C. albicans pathogenesis, and they highlight the advantages of using the zebrafish model in future invasive fungal research. ..
- Wang L, Zhang P, Wei Y, Gao Y, Patient R, Liu F. A blood flow-dependent klf2a-NO signaling cascade is required for stabilization of hematopoietic stem cell programming in zebrafish embryos. Blood. 2011;118:4102-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have demonstrated that blood flow is essential for HSC development and is mediated by a klf2a-NO signaling cascade in zebrafish. ..
- Pan C, Huang T, Wang Y, Yeh Y, Hui C, Chen J. Oral administration of recombinant epinecidin-1 protected grouper (Epinephelus coioides) and zebrafish (Danio rerio) from Vibrio vulnificus infection and enhanced immune-related gene expressions. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:947-57 pubmed publisher..coli modulated immune-related gene expressions and disease resistance of grouper and zebrafish after a V. vulnificus (204) infection. ..
- Rodriguez I, Novoa B, Figueras A. Immune response of zebrafish (Danio rerio) against a newly isolated bacterial pathogen Aeromonas hydrophila. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;25:239-49 pubmed publisher..Expression levels of iNOS were upregulated by ECPs. Mortality rate (LD(50)) and histopathology were also determined...