Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nos1
Description: nitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal)
Alias: nNOS, nos, nitric oxide synthase, brain
- North T, Goessling W, Peeters M, Li P, Ceol C, Lord A, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell development is dependent on blood flow. Cell. 2009;137:736-48 pubmed publisher..Morpholino knockdown of nos1 (nnos/enos) blocked HSC development, and its requirement was shown to be cell autonomous...
- Lo K, Hui M, Yu R, Wu R, Cheng S. Hypoxia impairs primordial germ cell migration in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24540 pubmed publisher..IGF signaling is shown to be one of the possible mechanisms for the causal link between hypoxia and PGC migration. We propose that hypoxia causes PGC migration defect by inhibiting IGF signaling through the induction of IGFBP-1. ..
- Wittmann C, Reischl M, Shah A, Kronfuss E, Mikut R, Liebel U, et al. A Zebrafish Drug-Repurposing Screen Reveals sGC-Dependent and sGC-Independent Pro-Inflammatory Activities of Nitric Oxide. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137286 pubmed publisher..Together, we show that our screening method can help to identify novel immune-modulatory activities and provide new mechanistic insights into the regulation of inflammatory processes. ..
- Westermann B, Meissl H. Nitric oxide synthase in photoreceptive pineal organs of fish. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2008;151:198-204 pubmed publisher..However, despite the significant rise in cGMP levels nitric oxide donors did neither affect acute light-dependent melatonin formation in the trout pineal nor the rhythmic production of melatonin in the zebrafish pineal. ..
- Xie L, Fang P, Lin J, Pan H, Zhang F, Shen Y. [Expression of gdnf and nos in adult zebrafish brain during the regeneration after spinal cord injury]. Yi Chuan. 2013;35:495-501 pubmed..applied to reveal the dynamics of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (gdnf) and nitric oxide synthases (nos) mRNA expression in various regions of zebrafish brain...
- Cox A, Saunders D, Kelsey P, Conway A, Tesmenitsky Y, Marchini J, et al. S-nitrosothiol signaling regulates liver development and improves outcome following toxic liver injury. Cell Rep. 2014;6:56-69 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that GSNOR inhibitors will be beneficial therapeutic candidates for treating liver injury...
- Nicoli S, Standley C, Walker P, Hurlstone A, Fogarty K, Lawson N. MicroRNA-mediated integration of haemodynamics and Vegf signalling during angiogenesis. Nature. 2010;464:1196-200 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our work describes a novel genetic mechanism in which a microRNA facilitates integration of a physiological stimulus with growth factor signalling in endothelial cells to guide angiogenesis. ..
- Bradley S, Tossell K, Lockley R, McDearmid J. Nitric oxide synthase regulates morphogenesis of zebrafish spinal cord motoneurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:16818-31 pubmed publisher..In the immature nervous system, the neuronal isoform of NOS (NOS1) is often expressed during periods of axon outgrowth and elaboration...
- Goto Kazeto R, Saito T, Takagi M, Arai K, Yamaha E. Isolation of teleost primordial germ cells using flow cytometry. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:1487-92 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish, medaka and goldfish, the PGCs were labeled by injecting the gfp-nos1 3UTR mRNA into 1- 4 cell embryos...
- Bordieri L, Bonaccorsi di Patti M, Miele R, Cioni C. Partial cloning of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) cDNA and regional distribution of nNOS mRNA in the central nervous system of the Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;142:123-33 pubmed..The predicted 206-long amino acid sequence showed a high degree of identity with other vertebrate neuronal NOS (nNOS) protein sequences...