Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nma
Description: BMP and activin membrane-bound inhibitor (Xenopus laevis) homolog a
Alias: Zfnma, bambi, cb998, fc44c12, id:ibd5020, nma, wu:fc44c12, wu:fe01e03, BMP and activin membrane-bound inhibitor homolog, etID64300.12
- Zhou F, Xie F, Jin K, Zhang Z, Clerici M, Gao R, et al. USP4 inhibits SMAD4 monoubiquitination and promotes activin and BMP signaling. EMBO J. 2017;36:1623-1639 pubmed publisher..Moreover, zebrafish depleted of USP4 exhibited defective cell migration and slower coordinated cell movement known as epiboly, both of which could be rescued by SMAD4. Therefore, USP4 is a critical determinant of SMAD4 activity. ..
- Tsang M, Kim R, de Caestecker M, Kudoh T, Roberts A, Dawid I. Zebrafish nma is involved in TGFbeta family signaling. Genesis. 2000;28:47-57 pubmed..isolated the zebrafish gene, nma, that encodes a protein with high sequence similarity to human NMA and Xenopus Bambi. It is also similar to TGFbeta type I serine/theronine kinase receptors in the extracellular ligand-binding domain ..
- French C, Erickson T, French D, Pilgrim D, Waskiewicz A. Gdf6a is required for the initiation of dorsal-ventral retinal patterning and lens development. Dev Biol. 2009;333:37-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that Gdf6a initiates dorsal retinal patterning independent of Bmp4, and regulates lens differentiation. ..
- Page L, Polok B, Bustamante M, Schorderet D. Bigh3 is upregulated in regenerating zebrafish fin. Zebrafish. 2013;10:36-42 pubmed publisher..We show that upregulation of bigh3 and bambia mRNA correlated with the process of fin regeneration and regulation of TGF-b signaling, suggesting a new role for these proteins. ..
- Nguyen T, Tran V, Sorna V, Eriksson I, Kojima A, Koketsu M, et al. Dimerized glycosaminoglycan chains increase FGF signaling during zebrafish development. ACS Chem Biol. 2013;8:939-48 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these in vivo findings, we propose a new model for GAG/FGF/FGFR interactions in which dimerized GAG chains can activate FGF-mediated signal transduction pathways. ..