Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nkx6.1
Description: NK6 homeobox 1
Alias: zgc:92879, homeobox protein Nkx-6.1, NK6 transcription factor related, locus 1
- Cebola I, RodrÃguez SeguÃ S, Cho C, Bessa J, Rovira M, Luengo M, et al. TEAD and YAP regulate the enhancer network of human embryonic pancreatic progenitors. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:615-626 pubmed publisher..This work therefore uncovers a central role for TEAD and YAP as signal-responsive regulators of multipotent pancreatic progenitors, and provides a resource for the study of embryonic development of the human pancreas. ..
- Gribble S, Kim H, Bonner J, Wang X, Dorsky R. Tcf3 inhibits spinal cord neurogenesis by regulating sox4a expression. Development. 2009;136:781-9 pubmed publisher..Both of these functions are mediated by Tcf3 independently of canonical Wnt signaling. Together, our data indicate a novel mechanism for the regulation of neurogenesis by Tcf3-mediated repression. ..
- Gates K, Mentzer L, Karlstrom R, Sirotkin H. The transcriptional repressor REST/NRSF modulates hedgehog signaling. Dev Biol. 2010;340:293-305 pubmed publisher..The role of Rest as a regulator of Hh signaling has broad implications for many developmental contexts where REST and Hh signaling act. ..
- Lien H, Yuan R, Chou C, Chen Y, Hung C, Hu C, et al. Zebrafish cyclin Dx is required for development of motor neuron progenitors, and its expression is regulated by hypoxia-inducible factor 2?. Sci Rep. 2016;6:28297 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of cyclin Dx mRNA in Hif2? morphants partially rescued zccndx expression. Taken together, our data indicate that zebrafish cyclin Dx plays a role in maintaining the precursors of motor neurons. ..
- Huang W, Wang G, Delaspre F, Vitery M, Beer R, Parsons M. Retinoic acid plays an evolutionarily conserved and biphasic role in pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2014;394:83-93 pubmed publisher..We reveal here that later in development RA is involved in negatively regulating the further differentiation of pancreatic progenitors and expands upon the developmental mechanisms by which this occurs. ..
- May M, Hwang K, MILES J, Williams C, Niranjan T, Kahler S, et al. ZC4H2, an XLID gene, is required for the generation of a specific subset of CNS interneurons. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:4848-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings clearly support ZC4H2 as a novel XLID gene with a required function in interneuron development. Loss of function of ZC4H2 thus likely results in altered connectivity of many brain and spinal circuits. ..
- Hutchinson S, Cheesman S, Hale L, Boone J, Eisen J. Nkx6 proteins specify one zebrafish primary motoneuron subtype by regulating late islet1 expression. Development. 2007;134:1671-7 pubmed..We suggest that Nkx6 proteins regulate MiP development at least in part by maintaining the islet1 expression that is required both to promote the MiP subtype and to suppress interneuron development. ..
- Zannino D, Downes G, SAGERSTROM C. prdm12b specifies the p1 progenitor domain and reveals a role for V1 interneurons in swim movements. Dev Biol. 2014;390:247-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that prdm12b is required for V1 interneuron specification and that these neurons control swimming movements in zebrafish. ..
- Liu C, Ma W, Su W, Zhang J. Prdm14 acts upstream of islet2 transcription to regulate axon growth of primary motoneurons in zebrafish. Development. 2012;139:4591-600 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of islet2 in slg mutant embryos rescued the shortened CaP axon phenotypes. Together, these data reveal that prdm14 regulates CaP axon outgrowth through activation of islet2 expression. ..
- Gribble S, Nikolaus O, Dorsky R. Regulation and function of Dbx genes in the zebrafish spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:3472-83 pubmed..Our data confirm that the dbx1a/1b/2 domain in zebrafish spinal cord development behaves similarly to amniotes, while extending knowledge of Dbx1 function in spinal cord patterning. ..
- Delaspre F, Beer R, Rovira M, Huang W, Wang G, Gee S, et al. Centroacinar Cells Are Progenitors That Contribute to Endocrine Pancreas Regeneration. Diabetes. 2015;64:3499-509 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that in cftr loss-of-function mutants, there is a deficiency of larval CACs, providing a possible explanation for pancreatic complications associated with cystic fibrosis. ..
- Rodriguez Aznar E, Barrallo Gimeno A, Nieto M. Scratch2 prevents cell cycle re-entry by repressing miR-25 in postmitotic primary neurons. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5095-105 pubmed publisher..Thus, Scratch2 appears to safeguard the homeostasis of postmitotic primary neurons by preventing cell cycle re-entry. ..
- Okigawa S, Mizoguchi T, Okano M, Tanaka H, Isoda M, Jiang Y, et al. Different combinations of Notch ligands and receptors regulate V2 interneuron progenitor proliferation and V2a/V2b cell fate determination. Dev Biol. 2014;391:196-206 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, V2-IN cell progenitor proliferation and V2a/V2b cell fate determination involve signaling through different sets of Notch ligand-receptor combinations that occur concurrently during development in zebrafish. ..
- Leucht C, Stigloher C, Wizenmann A, Klafke R, Folchert A, Bally Cuif L. MicroRNA-9 directs late organizer activity of the midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:641-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings highlight a previously unknown mechanism by which a single microRNA fine-tunes late MHB coherence via its co-regulation of patterning activities and neurogenesis...
- Gong J, Wang X, Zhu C, Dong X, Zhang Q, Wang X, et al. Insm1a Regulates Motor Neuron Development in Zebrafish. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:274 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicated that insm1a regulated the motor neuron development, at least in part, through modulation of the expressions of olig2 and nkx6.1. ..
- Ghaye A, Bergemann D, TarifeÃ±o Saldivia E, Flasse L, Von Berg V, Peers B, et al. Progenitor potential of nkx6.1-expressing cells throughout zebrafish life and during beta cell regeneration. BMC Biol. 2015;13:70 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the hypothesis that nkx6.1+ pancreatic progenitors contribute to beta cell regeneration. Further characterization of these cells will open up new perspectives for anti-diabetic therapies. ..
- Guner B, Karlstrom R. Cloning of zebrafish nkx6.2 and a comprehensive analysis of the conserved transcriptional response to Hedgehog/Gli signaling in the zebrafish neural tube. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:596-605 pubmed
- Beck A, Watt R, Bonner J. Dissection and lateral mounting of zebrafish embryos: analysis of spinal cord development. J Vis Exp. 2014;:e50703 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate semipermanent mounting of zebrafish embryos. This permits observation of neurodevelopment in the dorso-ventral and anterior-posterior axes, as it preserves the three-dimensionality of the tissue. ..
- Djiotsa J, Verbruggen V, Giacomotto J, Ishibashi M, Manning E, Rinkwitz S, et al. Pax4 is not essential for beta-cell differentiation in zebrafish embryos but modulates alpha-cell generation by repressing arx gene expression. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:37 pubmed publisher..These data suggests that the main original function of Pax4 during vertebrate evolution was to modulate the number of pancreatic ?-cells and its role in ?-cells differentiation appeared later in vertebrate evolution. ..
- Lauter G, Söll I, Hauptmann G. Two-color fluorescent in situ hybridization in the embryonic zebrafish brain using differential detection systems. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:43 pubmed publisher..The principles of our method were developed for use in zebrafish but may be easily included in whole-mount FISH protocols of other model organisms. ..
- Bergeron S, Tyurina O, Miller E, Bagas A, Karlstrom R. Brother of cdo (umleitung) is cell-autonomously required for Hedgehog-mediated ventral CNS patterning in the zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:75-85 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a role for Boc in ventral CNS cells that receive high levels of Hh and uncovers previously unknown roles for Boc in vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Kimura Y, Okamura Y, Higashijima S. alx, a zebrafish homolog of Chx10, marks ipsilateral descending excitatory interneurons that participate in the regulation of spinal locomotor circuits. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5684-97 pubmed..Collectively, our data demonstrate that alx marks ipsilateral descending neurons that are involved in the regulation of motoneuron activity during forms of locomotion, such as escape and swimming. ..
- Batista M, Jacobstein J, Lewis K. Zebrafish V2 cells develop into excitatory CiD and Notch signalling dependent inhibitory VeLD interneurons. Dev Biol. 2008;322:263-75 pubmed publisher..In addition, we demonstrate that Notch signalling is required for V2 cells to develop into V2b cells. In the absence of Notch signalling, all V2b cells develop as V2a cells. ..