Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nkx2.5
Description: NK2 homeobox 5
Alias: nk2.5, nkx2-5, zgc:111912, homeobox protein Nkx-2.5, NK2 transcription factor related 5, tinman homeobox homolog
- Kawahara A, Nishi T, Hisano Y, Fukui H, Yamaguchi A, Mochizuki N. The sphingolipid transporter spns2 functions in migration of zebrafish myocardial precursors. Science. 2009;323:524-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, Spns2 in the YSL functions as a S1P transporter in S1P secretion, thereby regulating myocardial precursor migration. ..
- Chen J, van Eeden F, Warren K, Chin A, Nusslein Volhard C, Haffter P, et al. Left-right pattern of cardiac BMP4 may drive asymmetry of the heart in zebrafish. Development. 1997;124:4373-82 pubmed..Thus, the pattern of cardiac BMP4 appears to be in the pathway by which the heart interprets lateralizing signals from the midline. ..
- Westfall T, Brimeyer R, Twedt J, Gladon J, Olberding A, Furutani Seiki M, et al. Wnt-5/pipetail functions in vertebrate axis formation as a negative regulator of Wnt/beta-catenin activity. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:889-98 pubmed..The Wnt-5 loss-of-function defect is consistent with Ca2+ modulation having an antagonistic interaction with Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Raya A, Koth C, Buscher D, Kawakami Y, Itoh T, Raya R, et al. Activation of Notch signaling pathway precedes heart regeneration in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100 Suppl 1:11889-95 pubmed..Advances in these fields will undoubtedly aid in the implementation of strategies for regenerative medicine. ..
- Reifers F, Walsh E, Leger S, Stainier D, Brand M. Induction and differentiation of the zebrafish heart requires fibroblast growth factor 8 (fgf8/acerebellar). Development. 2000;127:225-35 pubmed..These findings show that fgf8/acerebellar is required for induction and patterning of myocardial precursors. ..
- Alexander J, Rothenberg M, Henry G, Stainier D. casanova plays an early and essential role in endoderm formation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 1999;215:343-57 pubmed
- Garrity D, Childs S, Fishman M. The heartstrings mutation in zebrafish causes heart/fin Tbx5 deficiency syndrome. Development. 2002;129:4635-45 pubmed..However, the syndromic deficiencies of tbx5 mutation are remarkably well retained between fish and mammals. ..
- de Pater E, Clijsters L, Marques S, Lin Y, Garavito Aguilar Z, Yelon D, et al. Distinct phases of cardiomyocyte differentiation regulate growth of the zebrafish heart. Development. 2009;136:1633-41 pubmed publisher..Together, our data support a model in which modified regulation of these distinct phases of cardiomyocyte differentiation has been responsible for the changes in heart size and morphology among vertebrate species. ..
- Yelon D, Horne S, Stainier D. Restricted expression of cardiac myosin genes reveals regulated aspects of heart tube assembly in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 1999;214:23-37 pubmed..Altogether, these data suggest new models for the mechanisms that regulate the formation of a patterned heart tube and provide an important framework for future analyses of zebrafish mutants with defects in this process. ..
- Hinits Y, Pan L, Walker C, Dowd J, Moens C, Hughes S. Zebrafish Mef2ca and Mef2cb are essential for both first and second heart field cardiomyocyte differentiation. Dev Biol. 2012;369:199-210 pubmed publisher..Mef2cb single mutants have a functional heart and are viable adults. Our results show that the key role of Mef2c in myocardial differentiation is conserved throughout the vertebrate heart. ..
- Alexander J, Stainier D, Yelon D. Screening mosaic F1 females for mutations affecting zebrafish heart induction and patterning. Dev Genet. 1998;22:288-99 pubmed..Future analysis of these and other cardiac mutations will provide further insight into the processes of induction and anterior-posterior patterning of the heart. ..
- Simões F, Peterkin T, Patient R. Fgf differentially controls cross-antagonism between cardiac and haemangioblast regulators. Development. 2011;138:3235-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that elevation of Fgf signalling in the anterior haemangioblast territory could have led to its recruitment into the heart field during evolution, increasing the size of the heart. ..
- Waxman J, Keegan B, Roberts R, Poss K, Yelon D. Hoxb5b acts downstream of retinoic acid signaling in the forelimb field to restrict heart field potential in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2008;15:923-34 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results offer new perspectives on the mechanisms regulating organ size and the possible causes of congenital syndromes affecting both the heart and forelimb. ..
- Zhang R, Xu X. Transient and transgenic analysis of the zebrafish ventricular myosin heavy chain (vmhc) promoter: an inhibitory mechanism of ventricle-specific gene expression. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1564-73 pubmed publisher..Developmental Dynamics 238:1564-1573, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Lepilina A, Coon A, Kikuchi K, Holdway J, Roberts R, Burns C, et al. A dynamic epicardial injury response supports progenitor cell activity during zebrafish heart regeneration. Cell. 2006;127:607-19 pubmed..Our findings reveal injury responses by myocardial and epicardial tissues that collaborate in an Fgf-dependent manner to achieve cardiac regeneration...
- Bagatto B, Francl J, Liu B, Liu Q. Cadherin2 (N-cadherin) plays an essential role in zebrafish cardiovascular development. BMC Dev Biol. 2006;6:23 pubmed
- Serbedzija G, Chen J, Fishman M. Regulation in the heart field of zebrafish. Development. 1998;125:1095-101 pubmed..The location of the different elements of the cardiac field, and their response to injury, suggests that the prechordal plate supports and/or the notochord suppresses the cardiac fate. ..
- Guner Ataman B, Paffett Lugassy N, Adams M, Nevis K, Jahangiri L, Obregon P, et al. Zebrafish second heart field development relies on progenitor specification in anterior lateral plate mesoderm and nkx2.5 function. Development. 2013;140:1353-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data highlight two conserved features of zebrafish SHF development, reveal a novel genetic relationship between nkx2.5 and ltbp3, and underscore the utility of this model organism for deciphering SHF biology...
- Peterkin T, Gibson A, Patient R. GATA-6 maintains BMP-4 and Nkx2 expression during cardiomyocyte precursor maturation. EMBO J. 2003;22:4260-73 pubmed..We therefore conclude that proper maturation of cardiac mesoderm requires GATA-6, which functions to maintain BMP-4 and Nkx2 expression. ..
- Holtzinger A, Evans T. Gata4 regulates the formation of multiple organs. Development. 2005;132:4005-14 pubmed..In addition, both Gata4 and Gata6 are essential and non-redundant for liver growth following initial budding. ..
- David N, Saint Etienne L, Tsang M, Schilling T, Rosa F. Requirement for endoderm and FGF3 in ventral head skeleton formation. Development. 2002;129:4457-68 pubmed..Together, our results reveal for the first time that the endoderm provides differential cues along the anteroposterior axis to control ventral head skeleton development and demonstrate that this function is mediated in part by Fgf3. ..
- Park M, Lewis C, Turbay D, Chung A, Chen J, Evans S, et al. Differential rescue of visceral and cardiac defects in Drosophila by vertebrate tinman-related genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:9366-71 pubmed
- Zhang Z, Alpert D, Francis R, Chatterjee B, Yu Q, Tansey T, et al. Massively parallel sequencing identifies the gene Megf8 with ENU-induced mutation causing heterotaxy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:3219-24 pubmed publisher..Overall, through the recovery of an ENU-induced mutation, we uncovered Megf8 as an essential regulator of left-right patterning. ..
- Manoli M, Driever W. nkx2.1 and nkx2.4 genes function partially redundant during development of the zebrafish hypothalamus, preoptic region, and pallidum. Front Neuroanat. 2014;8:145 pubmed publisher..1 is specifically involved in the development of rostral ventral forebrain including the pallidum and preoptic regions, whereas nkx2.4a and nkx2.4b control the intermediate and caudal hypothalamus. ..
- Wan X, Hu B, Liu J, Feng X, Xiao W. Zebrafish mll gene is essential for hematopoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33345-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that zebrafish mll plays essential roles in hematopoiesis and that gadd45?a may serve as a potential downstream target for mediating the function of mll in hematopoiesis. ..
- Strate I, Tessadori F, Bakkers J. Glypican4 promotes cardiac specification and differentiation by attenuating canonical Wnt and Bmp signaling. Development. 2015;142:1767-76 pubmed publisher..This provides a possible explanation for how congenital heart defects arise in glypican-deficient patients. ..
- Teittinen K, Grönroos T, Parikka M, Junttila S, Uusimäki A, Laiho A, et al. SAP30L (Sin3A-associated protein 30-like) is involved in regulation of cardiac development and hematopoiesis in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3843-52 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that SAP30L regulates several transcriptional pathways in zebrafish embryos and is involved in the development of cardiac and hematopoietic systems. ..
- Kajimura S, Aida K, Duan C. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) mediates hypoxia-induced embryonic growth and developmental retardation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1240-5 pubmed..The induction of IGFBP-1 expression may be a conserved physiological mechanism to restrict the IGF-stimulated growth and developmental process under hypoxic stress. ..
- Moriarty M, Ryan R, Lalor P, Dockery P, Byrnes L, Grealy M. Loss of plakophilin 2 disrupts heart development in zebrafish. Int J Dev Biol. 2012;56:711-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that plakophilin 2 has both structural and signalling roles in zebrafish heart development. ..
- Li Y, Xiang J, Duan C. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 plays an important role in regulating pharyngeal skeleton and inner ear formation and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3613-20 pubmed..These findings suggest that IGFBP-3 plays an important role in regulating pharyngeal cartilage and inner ear development and growth in zebrafish. ..
- Akanuma T, Koshida S, Kawamura A, Kishimoto Y, Takada S. Paf1 complex homologues are required for Notch-regulated transcription during somite segmentation. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:858-63 pubmed..Therefore, zebrafish homologues of the yeast Paf1 complex seem to preferentially affect a subset of genes, including Notch-regulated genes, during embryogenesis. ..
- Wu M, Zuo Z, Li B, Huang L, Chen M, Wang C. Effects of low-level hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) exposure on cardiac development in zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicology. 2013;22:1200-7 pubmed publisher..These results were consistent with the lack of effect seen on the other measurements of cardiac function, end diastolic volume, end-systolic volume, stroke volume, and cardiac output. ..
- An M, Henion P. The zebrafish sf3b1b460 mutant reveals differential requirements for the sf3b1 pre-mRNA processing gene during neural crest development. Int J Dev Biol. 2012;56:223-37 pubmed publisher..Further, the developmental defects caused by the sf3b1(b460) mutation provide insights into genetic interactions among members of the gene regulatory network controlling neural crest development...
- Liu Y, Song G, Liu H, Wang X, Shen Y, Zhou L, et al. Silencing of FABP3 leads to apoptosis-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and stimulates Wnt signaling in zebrafish. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:806-12 pubmed publisher..Apoptosis was one of the mechanisms underlying this effect, and was correlated with the activation of Wnt signaling. These studies identified FABP3 as a candidate gene underlying the etiology of congenital heart defects. ..
- Molina G, Vogt A, Bakan A, Dai W, Queiroz de Oliveira P, Znosko W, et al. Zebrafish chemical screening reveals an inhibitor of Dusp6 that expands cardiac cell lineages. Nat Chem Biol. 2009;5:680-7 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the power of in vivo zebrafish chemical screens to identify new compounds targeting Dusp6, a component of the FGF signaling pathway that has eluded traditional high-throughput in vitro screens...
- Kubota Y, Oike Y, Satoh S, Tabata Y, Niikura Y, Morisada T, et al. Cooperative interaction of Angiopoietin-like proteins 1 and 2 in zebrafish vascular development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13502-7 pubmed..These results provide a physiological demonstration of the cooperative interaction of Angptl1 and Angptl2 in endothelial cells through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt mediated antiapoptotic activities. ..
- Nesan D, Vijayan M. Embryo exposure to elevated cortisol level leads to cardiac performance dysfunction in zebrafish. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;363:85-91 pubmed publisher..Altogether, high cortisol content during embryogenesis, mimicking increased deposition due to maternal stress, decreases cardiac performance and may reduce zebrafish offspring survival. ..
- Langenbacher A, Dong Y, Shu X, Choi J, Nicoll D, Goldhaber J, et al. Mutation in sodium-calcium exchanger 1 (NCX1) causes cardiac fibrillation in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17699-704 pubmed..These data signify the essential role of calcium homeostasis and NCX1h in establishing rhythmic contraction in the embryonic zebrafish heart. ..
- Ni T, Rellinger E, Mukherjee A, Xie S, Stephens L, Thorne C, et al. Discovering small molecules that promote cardiomyocyte generation by modulating Wnt signaling. Chem Biol. 2011;18:1658-68 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that in vivo small-molecule screens targeting heart size can reveal compounds with cardiomyogenic effects and identify underlying target pathways. ..
- Schilling T, Concordet J, Ingham P. Regulation of left-right asymmetries in the zebrafish by Shh and BMP4. Dev Biol. 1999;210:277-87 pubmed..Thus, hh signals influence the development of multiple organ asymmetries in zebrafish and different organs appear to respond to a central cascade of midline signaling independently, which in the heart involves BMP4. ..
- Nguyen C, Langenbacher A, Hsieh M, Chen J. The PAF1 complex component Leo1 is essential for cardiac and neural crest development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;341:167-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide the first genetic evidence of the requirement for Leo1 in the development of the heart and neural crest cell populations. ..
- Imai Y, Gates M, Melby A, Kimelman D, Schier A, Talbot W. The homeobox genes vox and vent are redundant repressors of dorsal fates in zebrafish. Development. 2001;128:2407-20 pubmed
- Lin X, Xu X. Distinct functions of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in KV development and cardiac asymmetry. Development. 2009;136:207-17 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results reveal a previously unexpected role of Wnt-Gata4 signaling in the control of asymmetric signal propagation from the LPM to the cardiac field. ..
- Hong J, Lin G, Lin C, Wang W, Lee C, Lin T, et al. Phosphatidylserine receptor is required for the engulfment of dead apoptotic cells and for normal embryonic development in zebrafish. Development. 2004;131:5417-27 pubmed
- Grajevskaja V, Balciuniene J, Balciunas D. Chicken ?-globin insulators fail to shield the nkx2.5 promoter from integration site effects in zebrafish. Mol Genet Genomics. 2013;288:717-25 pubmed publisher..5:mRFP. However, we also observed a very high degree of variability of mRFP expression, indicating that cHS4 insulators fail to protect nkx2.5:mRFP from falling under the control of enhancers in the vicinity of integration site. ..
- Wang W, Huang C, Lu Y, Hsin J, Prabhakar V, Cheng C, et al. Heart-targeted overexpression of Nip3a in zebrafish embryos causes abnormal heart development and cardiac dysfunction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:979-87 pubmed..These results showed that myocyte apoptosis is a universal pathogenic factor for congenital heart failure using zebrafish as a model organism. ..
- Ribeiro I, Kawakami Y, Buscher D, Raya A, Rodriguez Leon J, Morita M, et al. Tbx2 and Tbx3 regulate the dynamics of cell proliferation during heart remodeling. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e398 pubmed
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Yamaguchi K, Watanabe S, Furukawa Y. Smyd3 is required for the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23491 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Smyd3 plays an important role in the development of heart and skeletal muscle. ..
- Colombo S, de Sena TomÃ¡s C, George V, Werdich A, Kapur S, Macrae C, et al. Nkx genes establish second heart field cardiomyocyte progenitors at the arterial pole and pattern the venous pole through Isl1 repression. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..Ultimately, our results may shed light on the discrete errors responsible for NKX2-5-dependent human CHDs of the cardiac outflow and inflow tracts. ..
- Schlueter P, Peng G, Westerfield M, Duan C. Insulin-like growth factor signaling regulates zebrafish embryonic growth and development by promoting cell survival and cell cycle progression. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1095-105 pubmed
- Martin E, Moriarty M, Byrnes L, Grealy M. Plakoglobin has both structural and signalling roles in zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2009;327:83-96 pubmed publisher..These results establish the zebrafish as a model for ARVC caused by loss of plakoglobin function and indicate that there are signalling as well as structural consequences of this loss. ..
- Jia H, King I, Chopra S, Wan H, Ni T, Jiang C, et al. Vertebrate heart growth is regulated by functional antagonism between Gridlock and Gata5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14008-13 pubmed..Hence, our studies suggest that Grl regulates embryonic heart growth via opposing Gata5, at least in part through their protein interactions in modulating gene expression. ..
- Schlueter P, Royer T, Farah M, Laser B, Chan S, Steiner D, et al. Gene duplication and functional divergence of the zebrafish insulin-like growth factor 1 receptors. FASEB J. 2006;20:1230-2 pubmed
- Huang H, Jin T, He J, Ding Q, Xu D, Wang L, et al. Progesterone and adipoQ receptor 11 links ras signaling to cardiac development in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2158-70 pubmed publisher..This study not only provides in vivo evidence that PAQR11 plays a critical role in heart morphogenesis but also pinpoints the importance of compartmentalized Ras signaling during development. ..
- Marques S, Yelon D. Differential requirement for BMP signaling in atrial and ventricular lineages establishes cardiac chamber proportionality. Dev Biol. 2009;328:472-82 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies uncover a new role for BMP signaling in the regulation of chamber size, supporting a model in which differential reception of cardiac inductive signals establishes chamber proportion. ..
- Qu X, Jia H, Garrity D, Tompkins K, Batts L, Appel B, et al. Ndrg4 is required for normal myocyte proliferation during early cardiac development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;317:486-96 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies reveal an essential role of ndrg4 in regulating proliferation and growth of cardiomyocytes, suggesting that ndrg4 may function downstream of tbx5 during heart development and growth. ..
- Zeng X, Wilm T, Sepich D, Solnica Krezel L. Apelin and its receptor control heart field formation during zebrafish gastrulation. Dev Cell. 2007;12:391-402 pubmed..Our results implicate GPCR signaling in movements of discrete cell populations that establish organ rudiments during vertebrate gastrulation. ..
- Sorrell M, Dohn T, D Aniello E, Waxman J. Tcf7l1 proteins cell autonomously restrict cardiomyocyte and promote endothelial specification in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;380:199-210 pubmed publisher..This study expands our understanding of the in vivo developmental requirements of Tcf7l1 proteins and the mechanisms directing CM development in vertebrates. ..
- Huang W, Yang C, Chen I, Liu Y, Chang S, Chuang Y. Treatment of Glucocorticoids Inhibited Early Immune Responses and Impaired Cardiac Repair in Adult Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66613 pubmed publisher..Our findings may help to clarify the initiation of cardiac repair, which could be used to develop a therapeutic intervention that may enhance cardiac repair in humans to compensate for the loss of cardiomyocytes after an MI. ..
- Peeters H, Voz M, Verschueren K, De Cat B, Pendeville H, Thienpont B, et al. Sesn1 is a novel gene for left-right asymmetry and mediating nodal signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:3369-77 pubmed..In this study, we identify SESN1 as an indispensable gene for vertebrate left-right asymmetry and a new player in mediating Nodal signaling. ..
- Fukui H, Terai K, Nakajima H, Chiba A, Fukuhara S, Mochizuki N. S1P-Yap1 signaling regulates endoderm formation required for cardiac precursor cell migration in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2014;31:128-36 pubmed publisher..Consistently, ctgfa morphants showed defects of the endodermal sheet and cardia bifida. Collectively, we show that S1pr2/Yap1-regulated ctgfa expression is essential for the proper endoderm formation required for CPC migration. ..
- Sarmah S, Marrs J. Complex cardiac defects after ethanol exposure during discrete cardiogenic events in zebrafish: prevention with folic acid. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:1184-201 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ethanol exposure interrupted divergent cardiac morphogenetic events causing heart defects. Folic acid supplementation was effective in preventing a wide spectrum of ethanol-induced heart developmental defects. ..
- Hogan B, Layton J, Pyati U, Nutt S, Hayman J, Varma S, et al. Specification of the primitive myeloid precursor pool requires signaling through Alk8 in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:506-11 pubmed..1 expression, but the role of alk8 was independent of the scl-dependent cell-fate pathway. Furthermore, the role of Alk8 in myelopoiesis was genetically separable from its earlier role in dorsal-ventral embryonic patterning. ..
- Kishimoto Y, Lee K, Zon L, Hammerschmidt M, Schulte Merker S. The molecular nature of zebrafish swirl: BMP2 function is essential during early dorsoventral patterning. Development. 1997;124:4457-66 pubmed..In addition zBMP2 has no maternal role in mesoderm induction. Our analysis shows that swirl/BMP2, unlike mouse BMP2 but like mouse BMP4, is required for early dorsoventral patterning of the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Lahvic J, Ji Y, Marín P, Zuflacht J, Springel M, Wosen J, et al. Small heat shock proteins are necessary for heart migration and laterality determination in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;384:166-80 pubmed publisher..In embryos in which the reduction of hspb7 or hspb12 was limited to the yolk, migration defects predominated, suggesting that the yolk expression of these genes rather than heart expression is responsible for the migration defects. ..
- Philipp M, Berger I, Just S, Caron M. Overlapping and opposing functions of G protein-coupled receptor kinase 2 (GRK2) and GRK5 during heart development. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:26119-30 pubmed publisher..In summary, we found that GRK2 and GRK5 control cardiac function as well as morphogenesis during development although with different morphological outcomes. ..
- Yuan J, He B, Yang L, Guo C, Weng S, Li S, et al. Interaction of infectious spleen and kidney necrosis virus ORF119L with PINCH leads to dominant-negative inhibition of integrin-linked kinase and cardiovascular defects in zebrafish. J Virol. 2015;89:763-75 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, ORF119L-overexpressing zebrafish embryos and ISKNV-infected mandarin fish develop similar disordered sarcomeric Z disks in cardiomyocytes. These findings provide a novel mechanism for megalocytivirus pathogenesis. ..
- Poulain M, Lepage T. Mezzo, a paired-like homeobox protein is an immediate target of Nodal signalling and regulates endoderm specification in zebrafish. Development. 2002;129:4901-14 pubmed..They place mezzo as a new transcription factor with unique properties acting in parallel with bonnie and clyde, faust and casanova in the Nodal signalling pathway that controls specification of mesoderm and endoderm in zebrafish. ..
- Znosko W, Yu S, Thomas K, Molina G, Li C, Tsang W, et al. Overlapping functions of Pea3 ETS transcription factors in FGF signaling during zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2010;342:11-25 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrated the interaction of Pea3 ETS factors with the Dusp6 promoter both in vitro and in vivo. These results revealed the requirement of ETS factors in transducing FGF signals in developmental processes. ..
- Choe C, Crump J. Tbx1 controls the morphogenesis of pharyngeal pouch epithelia through mesodermal Wnt11r and Fgf8a. Development. 2014;141:3583-93 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose a two-step model in which Tbx1 coordinates the Wnt-dependent epithelial destabilization of pouch-forming cells with their collective migration towards Fgf8a-expressing mesodermal guideposts. ..
- Moeller H, Jenny A, Schaeffer H, Schwarz Romond T, Mlodzik M, Hammerschmidt M, et al. Diversin regulates heart formation and gastrulation movements in development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15900-5 pubmed..Our data thus demonstrate that Diversin and Dishevelled function together in a mutually dependent fashion in zebrafish gastrulation and organ formation. ..
- Lazic S, Scott I. Mef2cb regulates late myocardial cell addition from a second heart field-like population of progenitors in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;354:123-33 pubmed publisher..Further, as congenital heart disease is often associated with defects in second heart field development, the embryological and genetic advantages of the zebrafish model can be applied to study the vertebrate second heart field. ..
- Iklé J, Tavares A, King M, Ding H, Colombo S, Firulli B, et al. Nkx2.5 regulates endothelin converting enzyme-1 during pharyngeal arch patterning. Genesis. 2017;55: pubmed publisher..5 functions through modulating Ece1 expression or function. These studies illustrate a new function for Nkx2.5 in embryonic development and provide new avenues with which to pursue potential mechanisms underlying human facial disorders. ..