Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nkx2.3
Description: NK2 homeobox 3
Alias: nk2.3, nkx2-3, homeobox protein Nkx-2.3, NK2 transcription factor related 3
- Abrial M, Paffett Lugassy N, Jeffrey S, Jordan D, O Loughlin E, Frederick C, et al. TGF-? Signaling Is Necessary and Sufficient for Pharyngeal Arch Artery Angioblast Formation. Cell Rep. 2017;20:973-983 pubmed publisher..More broadly, these data uncover TGF-? as a rare signaling pathway that is necessary and sufficient for angioblast lineage commitment. ..
- Manoli M, Driever W. nkx2.1 and nkx2.4 genes function partially redundant during development of the zebrafish hypothalamus, preoptic region, and pallidum. Front Neuroanat. 2014;8:145 pubmed publisher..1 is specifically involved in the development of rostral ventral forebrain including the pallidum and preoptic regions, whereas nkx2.4a and nkx2.4b control the intermediate and caudal hypothalamus. ..
- Payne Ferreira T, Yelick P. Alk8 is required for neural crest cell formation and development of pharyngeal arch cartilages. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:683-96 pubmed
- Hisano Y, Ota S, Takada S, Kawahara A. Functional cooperation of spns2 and fibronectin in cardiac and lower jaw development. Biol Open. 2013;2:789-94 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that Spns2-S1PR2 signaling and fibronectin cooperatively regulate both cardiac and lower jaw development in zebrafish. ..
- Hutchinson S, Tooke Locke E, Wang J, Tsai S, Katz T, Trede N. Tbl3 regulates cell cycle length during zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2012;368:261-72 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that tbl3 plays a tissue-specific role regulating cell cycle rate during development. ..
- Müller I, Knapik E, Hatzopoulos A. Expression of the protein related to Dan and Cerberus gene--prdc--During eye, pharyngeal arch, somite, and swim bladder development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2881-8 pubmed..Moreover, the complexity of the prdc expression pattern suggests possible roles in eye development, pharyngeal arch remodeling, somitogenesis, and swim bladder organogenesis...
- Plaster N, Sonntag C, Schilling T, Hammerschmidt M. REREa/Atrophin-2 interacts with histone deacetylase and Fgf8 signaling to regulate multiple processes of zebrafish development. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1891-904 pubmed..We present a model for RERE-dependent patterning in which tissue-specific transcriptional repression, by means of an REREa-HDAC complex, modulates growth factor signaling during embryogenesis. ..
- Johnson C, Hernandez Lagunas L, Feng W, Melvin V, Williams T, Artinger K. Vgll2a is required for neural crest cell survival during zebrafish craniofacial development. Dev Biol. 2011;357:269-81 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data reveal a novel non-cell autonomous role for Vgll2a in development of the NCC-derived vertebrate craniofacial skeleton. ..
- Stafford D, White R, Kinkel M, Linville A, Schilling T, Prince V. Retinoids signal directly to zebrafish endoderm to specify insulin-expressing beta-cells. Development. 2006;133:949-56 pubmed..These findings suggest that RA will have important applications in the quest to induce islets from stem cells for therapeutic uses...
- Wei S, Ning G, Li L, Yan Y, Yang S, Cao Y, et al. A GEF activity-independent function for nuclear Net1 in Nodal signal transduction and mesendoderm formation. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:3072-3082 pubmed publisher..These findings describe a novel genetic mechanism by which nuclear Net1 facilitates Smad2 transcriptional activity to guide mesendoderm development. ..
- Lou X, Burrows J, Scott I. Med14 cooperates with brg1 in the differentiation of skeletogenic neural crest. BMC Dev Biol. 2015;15:41 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a critical role for Mediator and BAF complex function in neural crest development, and may also clarify the nature of defects in some craniofacial abnormalities. ..
- Choe C, Crump J. Eph-Pak2a signaling regulates branching of the pharyngeal endoderm by inhibiting late-stage epithelial dynamics. Development. 2015;142:1089-94 pubmed publisher..Integration of Eph-ephrin and Wnt4a signaling through Pak2a thus signals the end of branching morphogenesis by increasing intercellular adhesion that blocks further epithelial rearrangements. ..
- Comyn S, Pilgrim D. Lack of developmental redundancy between Unc45 proteins in zebrafish muscle development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48861 pubmed publisher..Instead, our phylogenetic and phenotypic analyses provide evidence for the role of functional divergence in the evolution of the UCS protein family. ..
- Nishio S, Gibert Y, Bernard L, Brunet F, Triqueneaux G, Laudet V. Adiponectin and adiponectin receptor genes are coexpressed during zebrafish embryogenesis and regulated by food deprivation. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1682-90 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the upstream members of the Adiponectin pathway have complex expression patterns and are regulated by food deprivation in zebrafish. ..
- Kopinke D, Sasine J, Swift J, Stephens W, Piotrowski T. Retinoic acid is required for endodermal pouch morphogenesis and not for pharyngeal endoderm specification. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2695-709 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the developmental processes underlying pharyngeal arch defects differ depending on when RA signaling is disturbed during development...
- Chuang H, Cheng H, Hsiao K, Lin C, Lin M, Pan H. The zebrafish homeobox gene irxl1 is required for brain and pharyngeal arch morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:639-50 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that irxl1 may regulate factors involved in brain and pharyngeal arch development. ..
- Trede N, Ota T, Kawasaki H, Paw B, Katz T, Demarest B, et al. Zebrafish mutants with disrupted early T-cell and thymus development identified in early pressure screen. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2575-84 pubmed publisher..We discuss the advantage of this strategy and the general usefulness of the zebrafish as a model system for vertebrate lymphopoiesis and thymic organogenesis. ..
- Albertson R, Yelick P. Roles for fgf8 signaling in left-right patterning of the visceral organs and craniofacial skeleton. Dev Biol. 2005;283:310-21 pubmed..These data provide new insights into vertebrate laterality and offer the zebrafish ace/fgf8 mutant as a novel molecular tool to investigate tissue-specific molecular laterality mechanisms. ..
- Choe C, Crump J. Tbx1 controls the morphogenesis of pharyngeal pouch epithelia through mesodermal Wnt11r and Fgf8a. Development. 2014;141:3583-93 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose a two-step model in which Tbx1 coordinates the Wnt-dependent epithelial destabilization of pouch-forming cells with their collective migration towards Fgf8a-expressing mesodermal guideposts. ..
- Matsui T, Raya A, Kawakami Y, Callol Massot C, Capdevila J, Rodriguez Esteban C, et al. Noncanonical Wnt signaling regulates midline convergence of organ primordia during zebrafish development. Genes Dev. 2005;19:164-75 pubmed..Overall, our results uncover a late, previously unexpected role of noncanonical Wnt signaling in the control of midline assembly of organ precursors during vertebrate embryo development. ..
- Thi Thu H, Haw Tien S, Loh S, Bok Yan J, Korzh V. Tbx2a is required for specification of endodermal pouches during development of the pharyngeal arches. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77171 pubmed publisher..Together, this work provides mechanistic insight into the role of TBX2 in human disorders affecting the face and neck...
- Arnold C, Lamont R, Walker J, Spice P, Chan C, Ho C, et al. Comparative analysis of genes regulated by Dzip1/iguana and hedgehog in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2015;244:211-23 pubmed publisher..Through comparing gene expression changes in a genetic model of vascular instability with a chemical inhibition of Hh signaling, we identified a set of 40 differentially expressed genes with potential roles in vascular stabilization. ..
- Trede N, Medenbach J, Damianov A, Hung L, Weber G, Paw B, et al. Network of coregulated spliceosome components revealed by zebrafish mutant in recycling factor p110. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6608-13 pubmed..Together, our data demonstrate that a mutation in a general splicing factor can lead to distinct defects in organ development and cause disease. ..
- Keegan B, Feldman J, Begemann G, Ingham P, Yelon D. Retinoic acid signaling restricts the cardiac progenitor pool. Science. 2005;307:247-9 pubmed..Thus, retinoic acid signaling creates a balance between cardiac and noncardiac identities, thereby refining the dimensions of the cardiac progenitor pool. ..