Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nfkb2
Description: nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 2 (p49/p100)
Alias: p100, wu:fa03b02, zgc:136693, nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p100 subunit, NF-kB2-I precursor protein, NF-kB2-II precursor protein, P100/P52 transcription factor
- Marín Juez R, Jong Raadsen S, Yang S, Spaink H. Hyperinsulinemia induces insulin resistance and immune suppression via Ptpn6/Shp1 in zebrafish. J Endocrinol. 2014;222:229-41 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data will be very useful in further studies of the function of immunological determinants in a non-obese model system. ..
- Wang C, Chen Y, Bian W, Xie S, Qi G, Liu L, et al. Deletion of mstna and mstnb impairs the immune system and affects growth performance in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;72:572-580 pubmed publisher..While each paralogue contributes to the response to bacterial insult, mstnb affects the immune system through activation of the NF-?B pathway, and mstna is likely to act upstream of NF-?B at some as yet unidentified target. ..
- Faikoh E, Hong Y, Hu S. Liposome-encapsulated cinnamaldehyde enhances zebrafish (Danio rerio) immunity and survival when challenged with Vibrio vulnificus and Streptococcus agalactiae. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;38:15-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LEC could be used as an antimicrobial agent and immunostimulant to protect bacteria-infected fish in aquaculture. ..
- Watzke J, Schirmer K, Scholz S. Bacterial lipopolysaccharides induce genes involved in the innate immune response in embryos of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2007;23:901-5 pubmed..The gene induction required the removal of the chorion prior to lipopolysaccharide exposure. ..
- Encinas P, Garcia Valtanen P, Chinchilla B, Gomez Casado E, Estepa A, Coll J. Identification of multipath genes differentially expressed in pathway-targeted microarrays in zebrafish infected and surviving spring viremia carp virus (SVCV) suggest preventive drug candidates. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73553 pubmed publisher..These results could contribute to develop novel drug-based prevention methods and consolidate the zebrafish/SVCV as a model for vertebrate viral diseases. ..
- Lee S, Peng K, Lee L, Pan C, Hour A, Her G, et al. Characterization of tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) viperin expression, and inhibition of bacterial growth and modulation of immune-related gene expression by electrotransfer of viperin DNA into zebrafish muscle. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2013;151:217-28 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that such altered expression may account for the improvement in bacterial clearance following electroporation of viperin, suggesting that fish viperin has antiviral and antibacterial activities. ..
- Karra R, Knecht A, Kikuchi K, Poss K. Myocardial NF-ÎºB activation is essential for zebrafish heart regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13255-60 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate NF-ÎºB signaling as a key node between cardiac injury and tissue regeneration. ..
- Correa R, Matsui T, Tergaonkar V, Rodriguez Esteban C, Izpisua Belmonte J, Verma I. Zebrafish IkappaB kinase 1 negatively regulates NF-kappaB activity. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1291-5 pubmed..Here, we report that Ikk1 negatively regulates NF-kappaB by sequestering NEMO from active IKK complexes, indicating that IKK1 can function as a repressor of NF-kappaB. ..
- Cui Y, Liu W, Xie W, Yu W, Wang C, Chen H. Investigation of the Effects of Perfluorooctanoic Acid (PFOA) and Perfluorooctane Sulfonate (PFOS) on Apoptosis and Cell Cycle in a Zebrafish (Danio rerio) Liver Cell Line. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12:15673-82 pubmed publisher..05). Cell cycle and cell proliferation were blocked in both the PFOA-IC(80) and PFOS-IC(80) groups, indicating that PFOA-IC(80) and PFOS-IC(50) enhanced apoptosis in ZFL cells. ..
- Correa R, Tergaonkar V, Ng J, Dubova I, Izpisua Belmonte J, Verma I. Characterization of NF-kappa B/I kappa B proteins in zebra fish and their involvement in notochord development. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:5257-68 pubmed..Our study illustrates the conservation and compatibility of NF-kappa B/I kappa B proteins among vertebrates and the importance of NF-kappa B pathway in mesoderm formation during early embryogenesis. ..