Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: neurod4
Description: neuronal differentiation 4
Alias: ath3, zath3, neurogenic differentiation factor 4, atonal-like 3, neurogenic differentiation 4
- Bayramli X, Kocagoz Y, Sakizli U, Fuss S. Patterned Arrangements of Olfactory Receptor Gene Expression in Zebrafish are Established by Radial Movement of Specified Olfactory Sensory Neurons. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5572 pubmed publisher..We formulated a simple mathematical model based on exact parameters derived from our analysis of OSN neurogenesis, which accurately generates OR-like distributions without the need to invoke molecular signals to pattern the OE. ..
- Yeh C, Kao S, Cheng Y, Hsu L. Knockdown of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 (cdk10) gene impairs neural progenitor survival via modulation of raf1a gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27927-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first functional characterization of cdk10 in vertebrate development and reveal its critical function in neurogenesis by modulation of raf1a expression. ..
- Wang X, Emelyanov A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Zebrafish atonal homologue zath3 is expressed during neurogenesis in embryonic development. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:587-92 pubmed..Here, we isolated a zebrafish homologue, named zath3, and analyzed its expression pattern in zebrafish embryos...
- Frohnhöfer H, Geiger Rudolph S, Pattky M, Meixner M, Huhn C, Maischein H, et al. Spermidine, but not spermine, is essential for pigment pattern formation in zebrafish. Biol Open. 2016;5:736-44 pubmed publisher..8, Cx39.4, and Kir7.1, an inwardly rectifying potassium channel, all known to be regulated by polyamines. Thus, zebrafish provide a vertebrate model to study the in vivo effects of polyamines. ..
- Madelaine R, Garric L, Blader P. Partially redundant proneural function reveals the importance of timing during zebrafish olfactory neurogenesis. Development. 2011;138:4753-62 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the zebrafish Atonal genes neurogenin1 (neurog1) and neurod4 are redundantly required for development of both early-born olfactory neurons (EONs) and later-born olfactory ..
- Park S, Yeo S, Yoo K, Hong S, Lee S, Rhee M, et al. Zath3, a neural basic helix-loop-helix gene, regulates early neurogenesis in the zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:184-90 pubmedWe have isolated a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) gene homologous to the Drosophila proneural gene atonal, termed zath3, from zebrafish. zath3 is expressed in neurons of the central nervous system and in subsets of cranial ganglia...
- Flasse L, Pirson J, Stern D, Von Berg V, Manfroid I, Peers B, et al. Ascl1b and Neurod1, instead of Neurog3, control pancreatic endocrine cell fate in zebrafish. BMC Biol. 2013;11:78 pubmed publisher..It is repressed by Notch signaling that prevents pancreatic cell differentiation by maintaining precursors in an undifferentiated state...
- Miyake A, Nihno S, Murakoshi Y, Satsuka A, Nakayama Y, Itoh N. Neucrin, a novel secreted antagonist of canonical Wnt signaling, plays roles in developing neural tissues in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2012;128:577-90 pubmed publisher..Neucrin is a unique secreted Wnt antagonist that is predominantly expressed in developing neural tissues and plays roles in neural development in zebrafish. ..
- Harrison M, Georgiou A, Spaink H, Cunliffe V. The epigenetic regulator Histone Deacetylase 1 promotes transcription of a core neurogenic programme in zebrafish embryos. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:24 pubmed publisher..neuronal specification and CNS patterning, including the proneural bHLH proteins Ascl1a and Ascl1b, as well as Neurod4 and Neurod...
- Kim H, Kim E, Yoo K, Lee M, Choi J, Park H, et al. Isolation and expression analysis of Alzheimer's disease-related gene xb51 in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3921-6 pubmed publisher..domain of xb51 in the dorsal telencephalon was defined by several molecular markers: emx1, dlx2, lim1, islet1, neurod4/zath3, ngn1, her4, and elavl3/huC...
- Radosevic M, Robert Moreno A, Coolen M, Bally Cuif L, Alsina B. Her9 represses neurogenic fate downstream of Tbx1 and retinoic acid signaling in the inner ear. Development. 2011;138:397-408 pubmed publisher..These findings permit modeling of the complex genetic cascade that underlies neural patterning of the otic vesicle. ..
- Yeo S, Kim M, Kim H, Huh T, Chitnis A. Fluorescent protein expression driven by her4 regulatory elements reveals the spatiotemporal pattern of Notch signaling in the nervous system of zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol. 2007;301:555-67 pubmed..The establishment of a reporter line with Notch-Su(H)-dependent fluorescent gene expression provides a tool to explore the complex role of Notch signaling in the development of vertebrate nervous system. ..
- Thompson W, Arnold V, Vijayan M. Venlafaxine in Embryos Stimulates Neurogenesis and Disrupts Larval Behavior in Zebrafish. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:12889-12897 pubmed publisher..Overall, zygotic exposure to venlafaxine disrupts early development, including brain function, and compromises larval behavior, suggesting impact of this drug on developmental programming in zebrafish. ..
- Sapede D, Pujades C. Hedgehog signaling governs the development of otic sensory epithelium and its associated innervation in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2010;30:3612-23 pubmed publisher..These results lead to a model in which Hh orients functionally the development of inner ear towards an auditory fate in all vertebrate species. ..
- Loponte S, SegrÃ© C, Senese S, Miccolo C, Santaguida S, Deflorian G, et al. Dynamic phosphorylation of Histone Deacetylase 1 by Aurora kinases during mitosis regulates zebrafish embryos development. Sci Rep. 2016;6:30213 pubmed publisher..Our data represent a step towards the comprehension of HDAC1 regulation by its PTM code, with important implications in unravelling its roles both in physiology and pathology. ..
- Wardle F, Odom D, Bell G, Yuan B, Danford T, Wiellette E, et al. Zebrafish promoter microarrays identify actively transcribed embryonic genes. Genome Biol. 2006;7:R71 pubmed..This approach will allow investigators to determine the genomic binding locations of DNA interacting proteins during development and expedite the assembly of the genetic networks that regulate embryogenesis. ..
- Serifi I, Tzima E, Soupsana K, Karetsou Z, Beis D, Papamarcaki T. The zebrafish homologs of SET/I2PP2A oncoprotein: expression patterns and insights into their physiological roles during development. Biochem J. 2016;473:4609-4627 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that seta and setb are required during embryogenesis and play roles in the zebrafish sensory system development. ..