Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: neurod1
Description: neuronal differentiation 1
Alias: NDF1, neuro-D, neurod, nrd, neurogenic differentiation factor 1, Beta2/NeuroD, etID309883.9
- Volkmann K, Rieger S, Babaryka A, Köster R. The zebrafish cerebellar rhombic lip is spatially patterned in producing granule cell populations of different functional compartments. Dev Biol. 2008;313:167-80 pubmed..Thus, our findings offer an explanation for how specific functional cerebellar circuitries are laid down by spatio-temporal patterning of cerebellar germinal zones during early brain development. ..
- Sun S, Dee C, Tripathi V, Rengifo A, Hirst C, Scotting P. Epibranchial and otic placodes are induced by a common Fgf signal, but their subsequent development is independent. Dev Biol. 2007;303:675-86 pubmed
- Feng Y, Xu Q. Pivotal role of hmx2 and hmx3 in zebrafish inner ear and lateral line development. Dev Biol. 2010;339:507-18 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that hmx2 and hmx3 act as cell autonomous factors required redundantly for cell fate specification and differentiation during inner ear and lateral line development. ..
- Nechiporuk A, Linbo T, Raible D. Endoderm-derived Fgf3 is necessary and sufficient for inducing neurogenesis in the epibranchial placodes in zebrafish. Development. 2005;132:3717-30 pubmed..Based on these findings, we propose a model for epibranchial placode development in which Fgf3 is a major endodermal determinant required for epibranchial placode neurogenesis. ..
- Lecaudey V, Ulloa E, Anselme I, Stedman A, Schneider Maunoury S, Pujades C. Role of the hindbrain in patterning the otic vesicle: a study of the zebrafish vhnf1 mutant. Dev Biol. 2007;303:134-43 pubmed..They suggest that, despite the evolution of inner ear structure and function, some of the mechanisms underlying the regionalisation of the otic vesicle in fish and amniotes have been conserved. ..
- Bhat N, Kwon H, Riley B. A gene network that coordinates preplacodal competence and neural crest specification in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;373:107-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a gene regulatory network that coordinates development of NC, PPE and individual placodes in zebrafish. ..
- Soyer J, Flasse L, Raffelsberger W, Beucher A, Orvain C, Peers B, et al. Rfx6 is an Ngn3-dependent winged helix transcription factor required for pancreatic islet cell development. Development. 2010;137:203-12 pubmed publisher..Rfx6 is dependent on Ngn3 and acts upstream of or in parallel with NeuroD, Pax4 and Arx transcription factors during islet cell differentiation...
- Manfroid I, Ghaye A, Naye F, Detry N, Palm S, Pan L, et al. Zebrafish sox9b is crucial for hepatopancreatic duct development and pancreatic endocrine cell regeneration. Dev Biol. 2012;366:268-78 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, beta cell recovery after specific ablation is severely compromised in sox9b mutant larvae. Our data position sox9b as a key player in the generation of secondary endocrine cells deriving from pancreatic ducts in zebrafish...
- Kani S, Bae Y, Shimizu T, Tanabe K, Satou C, Parsons M, et al. Proneural gene-linked neurogenesis in zebrafish cerebellum. Dev Biol. 2010;343:1-17 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that proneural gene-linked neurogenesis is evolutionarily conserved in the cerebellum among vertebrates, and that the continuously generated neurons help remodel neural circuits in the adult zebrafish cerebellum. ..
- Zecchin E, Filippi A, Biemar F, Tiso N, Pauls S, Ellertsdottir E, et al. Distinct delta and jagged genes control sequential segregation of pancreatic cell types from precursor pools in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2007;301:192-204 pubmed
- Barrallo Gimeno A, Holzschuh J, Driever W, Knapik E. Neural crest survival and differentiation in zebrafish depends on mont blanc/tfap2a gene function. Development. 2004;131:1463-77 pubmed
- Korzh V, Sleptsova I, Liao J, He J, Gong Z. Expression of zebrafish bHLH genes ngn1 and nrd defines distinct stages of neural differentiation. Dev Dyn. 1998;213:92-104 pubmedTwo zebrafish bHLH genes, neurogenin-related gene I (ngn1) and neuroD (nrd), have been isolated...
- Nelson S, Frey R, Wardwell S, Stenkamp D. The developmental sequence of gene expression within the rod photoreceptor lineage in embryonic zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2903-17 pubmed publisher..of pax6 expression was accompanied by sporadic upregulation of expression of the transcription factors NeuroD/nrd, rx1, crx, and Nr2e3/pnr...
- Mavropoulos A, Devos N, Biemar F, Zecchin E, Argenton F, Edlund H, et al. sox4b is a key player of pancreatic alpha cell differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2005;285:211-23 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate that, in zebrafish, sox4b is expressed transiently during endocrine cell differentiation and plays a crucial role in the generation of alpha endocrine cells. ..
- Dalgin G, Ward A, Hao L, Beattie C, Nechiporuk A, Prince V. Zebrafish mnx1 controls cell fate choice in the developing endocrine pancreas. Development. 2011;138:4597-608 pubmed publisher..In Mnx1-deficient embryos, precursor cells that are normally destined to differentiate as beta cells instead take on an alpha cell fate. Our findings suggest that Mnx1 functions to promote beta and suppress alpha cell fates...
- Radosevic M, Robert Moreno A, Coolen M, Bally Cuif L, Alsina B. Her9 represses neurogenic fate downstream of Tbx1 and retinoic acid signaling in the inner ear. Development. 2011;138:397-408 pubmed publisher..These findings permit modeling of the complex genetic cascade that underlies neural patterning of the otic vesicle. ..
- Hammond K, Whitfield T. Fgf and Hh signalling act on a symmetrical pre-pattern to specify anterior and posterior identity in the zebrafish otic placode and vesicle. Development. 2011;138:3977-87 pubmed publisher..Each signalling pathway has instructive activity: neither acts simply to repress activity of the other, and, together, they appear to be key players in the specification of anteroposterior asymmetries in the zebrafish ear. ..
- Hesselson D, Anderson R, Beinat M, Stainier D. Distinct populations of quiescent and proliferative pancreatic beta-cells identified by HOTcre mediated labeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14896-901 pubmed publisher..g., diabetes mellitus). Our data reveal the existence of distinct populations of beta-cells in vivo and should help develop better strategies to regulate beta-cell differentiation and proliferation. ..
- Delporte F, Pasque V, Devos N, Manfroid I, Voz M, Motte P, et al. Expression of zebrafish pax6b in pancreas is regulated by two enhancers containing highly conserved cis-elements bound by PDX1, PBX and PREP factors. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:53 pubmed publisher..This study also provides a striking example of how adaptative evolution of gene regulatory sequences upon gene duplication progressively leads to subfunctionalization of the paralogous gene pair. ..
- Sapede D, Pujades C. Hedgehog signaling governs the development of otic sensory epithelium and its associated innervation in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2010;30:3612-23 pubmed publisher..These results lead to a model in which Hh orients functionally the development of inner ear towards an auditory fate in all vertebrate species. ..
- Ochocinska M, Hitchcock P. Dynamic expression of the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor neuroD in the rod and cone photoreceptor lineages in the retina of the embryonic and larval zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2007;501:1-12 pubmedb>NeuroD is a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor critical for determining neuronal cell fate and regulating withdrawal from the cell cycle...
- Kaji T, Artinger K. dlx3b and dlx4b function in the development of Rohon-Beard sensory neurons and trigeminal placode in the zebrafish neurula. Dev Biol. 2004;276:523-40 pubmed..These data suggest that the contribution of dlx3b and dlx4b to neural plate border formation is partially non-cell-autonomous acting via BMP activity. ..
- Ochocinska M, Hitchcock P. NeuroD regulates proliferation of photoreceptor progenitors in the retina of the zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2009;126:128-41 pubmed publisherb>neuroD is a member of the family of proneural genes, which function to regulate the cell cycle, cell fate determination and cellular differentiation...
- Binot A, Manfroid I, Flasse L, Winandy M, Motte P, Martial J, et al. Nkx6.1 and nkx6.2 regulate alpha- and beta-cell formation in zebrafish by acting on pancreatic endocrine progenitor cells. Dev Biol. 2010;340:397-407 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our data, we propose a model in which nkx6.1 and nkx6.2, by allowing the establishment of the endocrine progenitor pool, control alpha- and beta-cell differentiation. ..
- Mueller T, Wullimann M. Expression domains of neuroD (nrd) in the early postembryonic zebrafish brain. Brain Res Bull. 2002;57:377-9 pubmedb>NeuroD acts as one of the earliest transcription factors promoting differentiation in newborn neurons immediately after determination by neurogenin1 (ngn1)...
- Pauls S, Zecchin E, Tiso N, Bortolussi M, Argenton F. Function and regulation of zebrafish nkx2.2a during development of pancreatic islet and ducts. Dev Biol. 2007;304:875-90 pubmed..2a in the development of the pancreatic ducts. ..
- Obholzer N, Wolfson S, Trapani J, Mo W, Nechiporuk A, Busch Nentwich E, et al. Vesicular glutamate transporter 3 is required for synaptic transmission in zebrafish hair cells. J Neurosci. 2008;28:2110-8 pubmed publisher..Lack of postsynaptic action currents in the mutants suggests that the remaining hair-cell synaptic vesicles contain insufficient levels of glutamate for generation of action potentials in first-order neurons. ..
- Rai K, Chidester S, Zavala C, Manos E, James S, Karpf A, et al. Dnmt2 functions in the cytoplasm to promote liver, brain, and retina development in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2007;21:261-6 pubmed..Furthermore, zebrafish Dnmt2 methylates an RNA species of approximately 80 bases, consistent with tRNA methylation. Thus, Dnmt2 promotes zebrafish development, likely through cytoplasmic RNA methylation. ..
- Nechiporuk A, Raible D. FGF-dependent mechanosensory organ patterning in zebrafish. Science. 2008;320:1774-7 pubmed publisher..This previously unrecognized mechanism may be applicable to understanding segmentation and morphogenesis in other organ systems. ..
- Iturbide A, Pascual Reguant L, Fargas L, CebriÃ J, Alsina B, GarcÃa de Herreros A, et al. LOXL2 Oxidizes Methylated TAF10 and Controls TFIID-Dependent Genes during Neural Progenitor Differentiation. Mol Cell. 2015;58:755-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, lysine oxidation of the transcription factor TAF10 is a controlled protein modification and demonstrates a role for protein oxidation in regulating pluripotency genes. ..
- Dutton K, Abbas L, Spencer J, Brannon C, Mowbray C, Nikaido M, et al. A zebrafish model for Waardenburg syndrome type IV reveals diverse roles for Sox10 in the otic vesicle. Dis Model Mech. 2009;2:68-83 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implication that the deafness in WS4 patients with SOX10 mutations might reflect a haploinsufficiency for SOX10 in the otic epithelium, resulting in patterning and functional abnormalities in the inner ear. ..
- Dozawa M, Kono H, Sato Y, Ito Y, Tanaka H, Ohshima T. Valproic acid, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, regulates cell proliferation in the adult zebrafish optic tectum. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1401-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that VPA inhibits HDAC activity and upregulates Notch signaling to reduce cell proliferation in the optic tectum of adult zebrafish. ..
- Mizoguchi T, Togawa S, Kawakami K, Itoh M. Neuron and sensory epithelial cell fate is sequentially determined by Notch signaling in zebrafish lateral line development. J Neurosci. 2011;31:15522-30 pubmed publisher..We found that the numbers of posterior lateral line ganglion (pLLG) neurons, which are marked by neurod expression, increased in embryos with reduced Notch activity, but the forced activation of Notch reduced their ..
- Yoshizawa A, Nakahara Y, Izawa T, Ishitani T, Tsutsumi M, Kuroiwa A, et al. Zebrafish Dmrta2 regulates neurogenesis in the telencephalon. Genes Cells. 2011;16:1097-109 pubmed publisher..the expression domains of the telencephalic marker genes, foxg1 and emx3, and the neuronal differentiation gene, neurod, are downregulated in the ha2 posterior-dorsal telencephalon during somitogenesis...
- Bergeron S, Milla L, Villegas R, Shen M, Burgess S, Allende M, et al. Expression profiling identifies novel Hh/Gli-regulated genes in developing zebrafish embryos. Genomics. 2008;91:165-77 pubmed..We thus provide a comprehensive survey of Hh/Gli-regulated genes during embryogenesis and we identify new Hh-regulated genes that may be targets of misregulation during tumorigenesis. ..
- MarÃn Juez R, Rovira M, Crespo D, van der Vaart M, Spaink H, Planas J. GLUT2-mediated glucose uptake and availability are required for embryonic brain development in zebrafish. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2015;35:74-85 pubmed publisher..development of neural progenitor cells expressing the proneural genes atoh1b and ptf1a but not those expressing neurod. Specificity of the morphant phenotype was demonstrated by the restoration of brain organogenesis, whole-embryo ..
- Gonzalez Nunez V. Role of gabra2, GABAA receptor alpha-2 subunit, in CNS development. Biochem Biophys Rep. 2015;3:190-201 pubmed publisher..The transcriptional activity of neuroD (a proneural gene involved in early neuronal determination) was down-regulated in gabra2 deficient ..
- Takeuchi M, Yamaguchi S, Yonemura S, Kakiguchi K, Sato Y, Higashiyama T, et al. Type IV Collagen Controls the Axogenesis of Cerebellar Granule Cells by Regulating Basement Membrane Integrity in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005587 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggest that type IV collagen controls GC axon formation by regulating the integrity of the BM, which provides axons with the correct path to their targets. ..
- Wilson A, Shen Y, Babb Clendenon S, Rostedt J, Liu B, Barald K, et al. Cadherin-4 plays a role in the development of zebrafish cranial ganglia and lateral line system. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:893-902 pubmed..These results indicate that Cdh4 plays a role in the normal formation of the zebrafish lateral line system and a subset of the cranial ganglia. ..
- Wang J, Wu Y, Zhao F, Wu Y, Dong W, Zhao J, et al. Fgf-signaling-dependent Sox9a and Atoh1a regulate otic neural development in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2015;35:234-44 pubmed publisher..These newly uncovered roles for Atoh1and Sox9 in zebrafish otic development may be relevant to study in other species. ..
- Han R, Wang R, Zhao Q, Han Y, Zong S, Miao S, et al. Trim69 regulates zebrafish brain development by ap-1 pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24034 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results support a role for trim69 in the development of the zebrafish brain through ap-1 pathway. ..
- Baraban M, Anselme I, Schneider Maunoury S, Giudicelli F. Zebrafish embryonic neurons transport messenger RNA to axons and growth cones in vivo. J Neurosci. 2013;33:15726-34 pubmed publisher..further show that axonal localization of mRNA is a specific property of a subset of genes, as mRNAs of the huc and neurod genes, abundantly expressed in neurons, were not found in axons...
- Nadauld L, Chidester S, Shelton D, Rai K, Broadbent T, Sandoval I, et al. Dual roles for adenomatous polyposis coli in regulating retinoic acid biosynthesis and Wnt during ocular development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13409-14 pubmed
- Kantarci H, Edlund R, Groves A, Riley B. Tfap2a promotes specification and maturation of neurons in the inner ear through modulation of Bmp, Fgf and notch signaling. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005037 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support a model in which Tfap2a, acting through Bmp7a, modulates Fgf and Notch signaling to control the duration, amount and speed of SAG neural development. ..
- Gorissen M, Manuel R, Pelgrim T, Mes W, de Wolf M, Zethof J, et al. Differences in inhibitory avoidance, cortisol and brain gene expression in TL and AB zebrafish. Genes Brain Behav. 2015;14:428-38 pubmed publisher..We conclude that AB fish show higher cortisol levels and no inhibitory avoidance than TL fish. The differential learning responses of these Danio strains may unmask genetically defined risks for stress-related disorders. ..
- Khatri D, Zizioli D, Tiso N, Facchinello N, Vezzoli S, Gianoncelli A, et al. Down-regulation of coasy, the gene associated with NBIA-VI, reduces Bmp signaling, perturbs dorso-ventral patterning and alters neuronal development in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:37660 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the absolute requirement for adequate levels of CoA for proper neural and vascular development in zebrafish and point to the Bmp pathway as a possible molecular connection underlining the observed phenotype. ..
- Lodh S, Hostelley T, Leitch C, O Hare E, Zaghloul N. Differential effects on Î²-cell mass by disruption of Bardet-Biedl syndrome or Alstrom syndrome genes. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:57-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings implicate discrepant production and maintenance of Î²-cells in the differential susceptibility to diabetes found between these two genetic syndromes. ..
- Djiotsa J, Verbruggen V, Giacomotto J, Ishibashi M, Manning E, Rinkwitz S, et al. Pax4 is not essential for beta-cell differentiation in zebrafish embryos but modulates alpha-cell generation by repressing arx gene expression. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:37 pubmed publisher..These data suggests that the main original function of Pax4 during vertebrate evolution was to modulate the number of pancreatic ?-cells and its role in ?-cells differentiation appeared later in vertebrate evolution. ..
- Kizil C, Dudczig S, Kyritsis N, Machate A, Blaesche J, Kroehne V, et al. The chemokine receptor cxcr5 regulates the regenerative neurogenesis response in the adult zebrafish brain. Neural Dev. 2012;7:27 pubmed publisher..Further studies on the role of cxcr5 in mediating neuronal replenishment have the potential to produce clinical ramifications in efforts for regenerative therapeutic applications for human neurological disorders or acute injuries. ..
- Huang W, Beer R, Delaspre F, Wang G, Edelman H, Park H, et al. Sox9b is a mediator of retinoic acid signaling restricting endocrine progenitor differentiation. Dev Biol. 2016;418:28-39 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that adult zebrafish with only one functional allele of sox9b undergo accelerated ?-cell regeneration, an observation consistent with sox9b regulating CAC differentiation in adults. ..
- Liao W, Cheng C, Hung K, Chiu W, Chen G, Hwang P, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type O (Ptpro) regulates cerebellar formation during zebrafish development through modulating Fgf signaling. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013;70:2367-81 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings demonstrate that Ptpro activity is required for patterning the zebrafish embryonic brain. Specifically, Ptpro regulates cerebellar formation during zebrafish development through modulating Fgf signaling. ..
- Lukowski C, Ritzel R, Waskiewicz A. Expression of two insm1-like genes in the developing zebrafish nervous system. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:711-8 pubmed..The expression data along with functional characterization of invertebrate homologues suggest a conserved pathway involving the EIN transcription factors in early neurogenesis. ..
- Anderson K, Torres C, Solomon K, Becker T, Newgard C, Wright C, et al. Cooperative transcriptional regulation of the essential pancreatic islet gene NeuroD1 (beta2) by Nkx2.2 and neurogenin 3. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31236-48 pubmed publisherNkx2.2 and NeuroD1 are two critical regulators of pancreatic beta cell development. Nkx2.2 is a homeodomain transcription factor that is essential for islet cell type specification and mature beta cell function...
- Ye L, Robertson M, Hesselson D, Stainier D, Anderson R. Glucagon is essential for alpha cell transdifferentiation and beta cell neogenesis. Development. 2015;142:1407-17 pubmed publisher..It further reveals that glucagon plays an important role in maintaining endocrine cell homeostasis through feedback mechanisms that govern cell fate stability. ..
- Mastracci T, Robertson M, Mirmira R, Anderson R. Polyamine biosynthesis is critical for growth and differentiation of the pancreas. Sci Rep. 2015;5:13269 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we have uncovered a role for polyamine biosynthesis in pancreatic organogenesis and identified that it may be possible to exploit polyamine biosynthesis to manipulate pancreatic cell differentiation. ..
- Shih H, Hsu S, Ouyang P, Lin S, Chou T, Chiang M, et al. Bmp5 Regulates Neural Crest Cell Survival and Proliferation via Two Different Signaling Pathways. Stem Cells. 2017;35:1003-1014 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate an important regulatory mechanism for bone morphogenic protein-initiated signal transduction underlying the formation of neural crest progenitors. Stem Cells 2017;35:1003-1014. ..
- Kanungo J, Cuevas E, Ali S, Paule M. Ketamine induces motor neuron toxicity and alters neurogenic and proneural gene expression in zebrafish. J Appl Toxicol. 2013;33:410-7 pubmed publisher..ketamine down-regulated the motor neuron-inducing zinc finger transcription factor Gli2b and the proneural gene NeuroD even at 0.5?mm concentration, while up-regulating the expression of the proneural gene Neurogenin1 (Ngn1)...
- Yeh C, Hsu L. Zebrafish diras1 Promoted Neurite Outgrowth in Neuro-2a Cells and Maintained Trigeminal Ganglion Neurons In Vivo via Rac1-Dependent Pathway. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:6594-6607 pubmed..guidance but also caused the loss of trigeminal ganglion without affecting the precursor markers, such as ngn1 and neuroD. Co-injection with messenger RNA (mRNA) derived from mouse diras1 or constitutively active human Rac1 restored the ..
- Riera M, Burguera D, Garcia Fern ndez J, Gonz lez Duarte R. CERKL knockdown causes retinal degeneration in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64048 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose that this zebrafish model is a powerful tool to unveil CERKL contribution to human retinal degeneration...
- Wullimann M, Mueller T. Identification and morphogenesis of the eminentia thalami in the zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2004;471:37-48 pubmed..of proliferating neural (PCNA) as well as early-determined (Pax6, Zash-1a, Zash-1b, neurogenin1, neuroD) and differentiating (Hu-proteins) neuronal cells...
- Ganz J, Kaslin J, Freudenreich D, Machate A, Geffarth M, Brand M. Subdivisions of the adult zebrafish subpallium by molecular marker analysis. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:633-55 pubmed publisher..the pallium and subpallium based on the complementary expression of dlx2a, dlx5a in the subpallium and tbr1, neurod in the pallium. Furthermore, combinatorial expression of Isl, nkx2...
- Zizioli D, Guarienti M, Tobia C, Gariano G, Borsani G, Bresciani R, et al. Molecular cloning and knockdown of galactocerebrosidase in zebrafish: new insights into the pathogenesis of Krabbe's disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:665-75 pubmed publisher..galca/galcb knockdown caused reduction and partial disorganization of the expression of the early neuronal marker neuroD and an increase of apoptotic events during CNS development...
- Ungos J, Karlstrom R, Raible D. Hedgehog signaling is directly required for the development of zebrafish dorsal root ganglia neurons. Development. 2003;130:5351-62 pubmed..These results suggest that Hh signaling may normally promote DRG development by regulating expression of ngn1 in DRG precursors. ..
- Levic D, Minkel J, Wang W, Rybski W, Melville D, Knapik E. Animal model of Sar1b deficiency presents lipid absorption deficits similar to Anderson disease. J Mol Med (Berl). 2015;93:165-76 pubmed publisher..maturation of craniofacial cartilage associated with defects in procollagen II secretion and absence of select, neuroD-positive neurons of the midbrain and hindbrain...
- Feijóo C, Saldias M, De la Paz J, Gomez Skarmeta J, Allende M. Formation of posterior cranial placode derivatives requires the Iroquois transcription factor irx4a. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:328-37 pubmed publisher..Our results point to irx4a as a critical gene for numerous developmental processes and highlight its role in the formation of placodal derivatives in vertebrates. ..
- Yokoi H, Yan Y, Miller M, Bremiller R, Catchen J, Johnson E, et al. Expression profiling of zebrafish sox9 mutants reveals that Sox9 is required for retinal differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;329:1-15 pubmed publisher..Results identified genes expressed in cartilage (col2a1a and col11a2), retina (calb2a, calb2b, crx, neurod, rs1, sox4a and vsx1) and pectoral fin bud (klf2b and EST AI722369) as candidate targets for Sox9...
- Sato T, Sato F, Kamezaki A, Sakaguchi K, Tanigome R, Kawakami K, et al. Neuregulin 1 Type II-ErbB Signaling Promotes Cell Divisions Generating Neurons from Neural Progenitor Cells in the Developing Zebrafish Brain. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127360 pubmed publisher..While transcription factors such as neurogenin1 (neurog1) and neurod govern progression of neurogenesis as cell-intrinsic mechanisms, recent studies show regulatory roles of several ..