Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nes
- Seok S, Na Y, Han J, Kim T, Jung H, Lee B, et al. Cre/loxP-regulated transgenic zebrafish model for neural progenitor-specific oncogenic Kras expression. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:149-54 pubmed publisher..we used the Cre/loxP system for maintaining transgenic zebrafish lines harboring oncogenic Kras(V12) under the nestin promoter, and investigated the developmental effects of Ras activation in neural progenitor cells...
- Jin Y, Zhu Z, Wang Y, Yang E, Feng X, Fu Z. The fungicide imazalil induces developmental abnormalities and alters locomotor activity during early developmental stages in zebrafish. Chemosphere. 2016;153:455-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that exposure to IMZ has the potential to induce developmental toxicity and locomotor behavior abnormalities during zebrafish development. ..
- Sato A, Takeda H. Neuronal subtypes are specified by the level of neurod expression in the zebrafish lateral line. J Neurosci. 2013;33:556-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the quantity, rather than quality (i.e., the ON/OFF states), of neurod expression directly or indirectly determines the two subtypes of PLL neurons. ..
- Potok M, Nix D, Parnell T, Cairns B. Reprogramming the maternal zebrafish genome after fertilization to match the paternal methylation pattern. Cell. 2013;153:759-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, zebrafish achieve a totipotent chromatin state at ZGA through paternal genome competency and maternal genome DNAme reprogramming. ..
- Rossell R, Chen C, Dai R, Howard J, Hochgeschwender U, Jarvis E. Mammalian genes induce partially reprogrammed pluripotent stem cells in non-mammalian vertebrate and invertebrate species. elife. 2013;2:e00036 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the stem-cell state may be highly conserved across a wide phylogenetic range. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.00036.001...
- Wei Y, Li K, Yao S, Gao J, Li J, Shang Y, et al. Loss of ZNF32 augments the regeneration of nervous lateral line system through negative regulation of SOX2 transcription. Oncotarget. 2016;7:70420-70436 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a pivotal role for ZNF32 function in SOX2 expression and regeneration regulation. ..
- Kim J, Kim C, Song J, Oh H, Kim C, Park J. Trimethyltin chloride inhibits neuronal cell differentiation in zebrafish embryo neurodevelopment. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2016;54:29-35 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that TMT inhibits specific neurodevelopmental stages in zebrafish embryos and suggests a possible mechanism for the toxicity of TMT in vertebrate neurodevelopment. ..
- Jin Y, Liu Z, Peng T, Fu Z. The toxicity of chlorpyrifos on the early life stage of zebrafish: a survey on the endpoints at development, locomotor behavior, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;43:405-14 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that CPF had the potential to cause developmental toxicity, behavior alterations, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the larval zebrafish. ..
- Dozawa M, Kono H, Sato Y, Ito Y, Tanaka H, Ohshima T. Valproic acid, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, regulates cell proliferation in the adult zebrafish optic tectum. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1401-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that VPA inhibits HDAC activity and upregulates Notch signaling to reduce cell proliferation in the optic tectum of adult zebrafish. ..
- Xiao Y, Gao M, Gao L, Zhao Y, Hong Q, Li Z, et al. Directed Differentiation of Zebrafish Pluripotent Embryonic Cells to Functional Cardiomyocytes. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;7:370-382 pubmed publisher..The technology provides a new platform for the study of heart development and regeneration, in addition to drug discovery, disease modeling, and assessment of cardiotoxic agents. ..
- Lindeman L, Winata C, Aanes H, Mathavan S, Alestrom P, Collas P. Chromatin states of developmentally-regulated genes revealed by DNA and histone methylation patterns in zebrafish embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:803-13 pubmed publisher..modification profiles of promoters of developmentally-regulated genes (pou5f1, sox2, sox3, klf4, nnr, otx1b, nes, vasa), as well as tert and bactin2, in zebrafish embryos at the mid-late blastula transition, shortly after ..
- Kaslin J, Ganz J, Geffarth M, Grandel H, Hans S, Brand M. Stem cells in the adult zebrafish cerebellum: initiation and maintenance of a novel stem cell niche. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6142-53 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, retained epithelial properties such as distinct polarization and ventricular contact are critical common determinants to maintain neural stem cell activity in vertebrates. ..
- Soares J, Pereira T, Costa K, Maraschin T, Basso N, Bogo M. Developmental neurotoxic effects of graphene oxide exposure in zebrafish larvae (Danio rerio). Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2017;157:335-346 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are needed to deepen the specific mechanisms of GO neurotoxicity and are required to elucidate its potential biomedical use. ..
- Ko C, Tsai M, Tseng W, Cheng C, Huang C, Wu J, et al. Integration of CNS survival and differentiation by HIF2?. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1757-70 pubmed publisher..The reduction in elavl3/HuC expression and enhanced pcna, nestin, ascl1b and sox3 expression indicate that the surviving neural progenitor cells in hif2? morphants maintain a high ..
- Modzelewska K, Boer E, Mosbruger T, Picard D, Anderson D, Miles R, et al. MEK Inhibitors Reverse Growth of Embryonal Brain Tumors Derived from Oligoneural Precursor Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1255-1264 pubmed publisher..Thus, MEK inhibitors represent a promising rationally designed therapy for children afflicted with oligoneural/NB-FOXR2 CNS-PNETs. ..
- Luo N, Li H, Xiang B, Qiao L, He J, Ji Y, et al. Syndecan-4 modulates the proliferation of neural cells and the formation of CaP axons during zebrafish embryonic neurogenesis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25300 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that Syn4 suppresses the cellular proliferation during neurogenesis and is crucial for the formation of CaP axons during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Wu Q, Yan W, Cheng H, Liu C, Hung T, Guo X, et al. Parental transfer of microcystin-LR induced transgenerational effects of developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish offspring. Environ Pollut. 2017;231:471-478 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated MCLR could be transferred to offspring, and subsequently induce developmental neurotoxicity in F1 zebrafish larvae by disturbing the neurotransmitter systems and neuronal development. ..
- Zhu B, Wang Q, Shi X, Guo Y, Xu T, Zhou B. Effect of combined exposure to lead and decabromodiphenyl ether on neurodevelopment of zebrafish larvae. Chemosphere. 2016;144:1646-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BDE-209 and Pb have a synergistic disruptive effect on neurodevelopment in zebrafish larvae by enhanced generation of ROS, which is a major factor that contributes to developmental neurotoxicity. ..
- Ju B, Chen W, Spitsbergen J, Lu J, Vogel P, Peters J, et al. Activation of Sonic hedgehog signaling in neural progenitor cells promotes glioma development in the zebrafish optic pathway. Oncogenesis. 2014;3:e96 pubmed publisher..progenitor cells as transcriptions of radial glia genes cyp19a1b, s100?, blbp, gfap and the stem/progenitor genes nestin and sox2 were significantly upregulated...
- Yeh C, Kao S, Cheng Y, Hsu L. Knockdown of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 (cdk10) gene impairs neural progenitor survival via modulation of raf1a gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27927-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first functional characterization of cdk10 in vertebrate development and reveal its critical function in neurogenesis by modulation of raf1a expression. ..
- Liu C, Chien C. Molecular cloning and characterization of chicken neuronal intermediate filament protein ?-internexin. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:2147-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that chkINA is a neuron-specific IF protein that may be a useful marker for studies of chicken brain development. ..
- Liu L, Lin M, Lai Z, Jiang J, Huang Y, Jao L, et al. Motor neuron-derived Thsd7a is essential for zebrafish vascular development via the Notch-dll4 signaling pathway. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:59 pubmed publisher..Thsd7a could regulate ISV angiogenesis via Notch-dll4 signaling. Thus, Thsd7a is a potent angioneurin involved in the development of both neural and vascular systems. ..
- Tong X, Xia Z, Zu Y, Telfer H, Hu J, Yu J, et al. ngs (notochord granular surface) gene encodes a novel type of intermediate filament family protein essential for notochord maintenance in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2711-20 pubmed publisher..Our work sheds light on the mechanisms of notochord structural maintenance, as well as the evolution and biological function of IF family proteins. ..
- Wang X, Ren J, Wang Z, Yao J, Fei J. NRSF/REST is required for gastrulation and neurogenesis during zebrafish development. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2012;44:385-93 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that REST (especially maternal supplied REST) was required for gastrulation and neurogenesis during zebrafish early embryogenesis. ..
- Guo Y, Ma L, Cristofanilli M, Hart R, Hao A, Schachner M. Transcription factor Sox11b is involved in spinal cord regeneration in adult zebrafish. Neuroscience. 2011;172:329-41 pubmed publisher..In the injured spinal cord, expression of the neural stem cell associated gene Nestin, and the proneural gene Ascl1a (Mash1a), which are involved in the self-renewal and cell fate specification of ..