Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ncam1a
Description: neural cell adhesion molecule 1a
Alias: fj56g09, ncam, ncam1, wu:fj56g09, neural cell adhesion molecule 1
- Bernhardt R, Tongiorgi E, Anzini P, Schachner M. Increased expression of specific recognition molecules by retinal ganglion cells and by optic pathway glia accompanies the successful regeneration of retinal axons in adult zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 1996;376:253-64 pubmed..1, 11.2, n-cam and beta 3 but not for tn-c. The combination of a neuronal (intrinsic) response to axotomy with an environmental (extrinsic) response may be an important determinant allowing for the successful axonal regeneration. ..
- Bernhardt R. Cellular and molecular bases of axonal pathfinding during embryogenesis of the fish central nervous system. J Neurobiol. 1999;38:137-60 pubmed..Experimental evidence for the functions of these molecules in the zebrafish nervous system is accumulating. In the future, this analysis is expected to profit greatly from genetic screens that have recently been initiated. ..
- Bertrand J, Kim A, Teng S, Traver D. CD41+ cmyb+ precursors colonize the zebrafish pronephros by a novel migration route to initiate adult hematopoiesis. Development. 2008;135:1853-62 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies suggest that expression of CD41 and cmyb marks nascent HSCs in the zebrafish AGM, and provide the means to further dissect HSC generation and function in the early vertebrate embryo. ..
- Pei W, Feldman B. Identification of common and unique modifiers of zebrafish midline bifurcation and cyclopia. Dev Biol. 2009;326:201-11 pubmed publisher..In summary, we find that MB arises after gastrulation in regions that fail to express wnt5b, and we show that two complex dysmorphologies - MB and cyclopia - can be promoted by either common or unique risk factors. ..
- Aleksejeva E, Houel A, Briolat V, Levraud J, Langevin C, Boudinot P. Zebrafish Plzf transcription factors enhance early type I IFN response induced by two non-enveloped RNA viruses. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;57:48-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that plzf implication in the regulation of type I IFN responses is conserved across vertebrates, but at multiple levels of the pathway and through different mechanisms. ..
- Hörnberg H, Cioni J, Harris W, Holt C. Hermes Regulates Axon Sorting in the Optic Tract by Post-Trancriptional Regulation of Neuropilin 1. J Neurosci. 2016;36:12697-12706 pubmed..We characterize a novel RNA-based mechanism by which axons restrict their translatome developmentally to achieve proper targeting. ..