Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: myog
Alias: cb553, zgc:100763, myogenin, Myf4
- Schnapp E, Pistocchi A, Karampetsou E, Foglia E, Lamia C, Cotelli F, et al. Induced early expression of mrf4 but not myog rescues myogenesis in the myod/myf5 double-morphant zebrafish embryo. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:481-8 pubmed publisher..in all vertebrates, but their role has been studied in great detail only in the mouse embryo, where all but myogenin--Myod, Myf5 and Mrf4--are sufficient to activate (albeit not completely) skeletal myogenesis...
- Tan X, Rotllant J, Li H, De Deyne P, DeDeyne P, Du S. SmyD1, a histone methyltransferase, is required for myofibril organization and muscle contraction in zebrafish embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2713-8 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that SmyD1a and SmyD1b are histone methyltransferases and play a critical role in myofibril organization during myofiber maturation. ..
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Hughes S. Differential requirements for myogenic regulatory factors distinguish medial and lateral somitic, cranial and fin muscle fibre populations. Development. 2009;136:403-14 pubmed publisher..Myod-driven Myogenin activity alone is sufficient for lateral fast somitic and pectoral fin fibre formation from the lateral ..
- Lee C, Hu S, Gong H, Chen M, Lu J, Wu J. Suppression of myostatin with vector-based RNA interference causes a double-muscle effect in transgenic zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:766-71 pubmed publisher..Also, the mRNA levels of myogenic regulatory factor markers such as MyoD, myogenin, Mrf4, and Myf5 were dramatically elevated in myostatin-suppressed transgenic fish compared to the non-transgenic ..
- Patterson S, Mook L, Devoto S. Growth in the larval zebrafish pectoral fin and trunk musculature. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:307-15 pubmed..Our results suggest that regulation of fiber type development and muscle growth may differ in the pectoral fin and trunk. ..
- Hinits Y, Hughes S. Mef2s are required for thick filament formation in nascent muscle fibres. Development. 2007;134:2511-9 pubmed..Our findings show that Mef2 controls skeletal muscle formation after terminal differentiation and define a new maturation step in vertebrate skeletal muscle development at which thick filament gene expression is controlled. ..
- Lin C, Yung R, Lee H, Chen W, Chen Y, Tsai H. Myogenic regulatory factors Myf5 and Myod function distinctly during craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2006;299:594-608 pubmed..On the basis of the expression patterns of myf5 and myod, we propose a model to present how Myf5 and Myod are involved in head myogenesis of zebrafish. ..
- Amali A, Lin C, Chen Y, Wang W, Gong H, Lee C, et al. Up-regulation of muscle-specific transcription factors during embryonic somitogenesis of zebrafish (Danio rerio) by knock-down of myostatin-1. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:847-56 pubmed..Moreover, analyses of MRFs, MSP, and IGFs in the knock-down embryos by RT-PCR revealed the up-regulation of MyoD, Myogenin, and Mck transcription, whereas IGF-2 transcription showed mild response with no effect on IGF-1, Desmin, and ..
- Devoto S, Stoiber W, Hammond C, Steinbacher P, Haslett J, Barresi M, et al. Generality of vertebrate developmental patterns: evidence for a dermomyotome in fish. Evol Dev. 2006;8:101-10 pubmed..Some of the pax7-expressing cells also express the differentiation-promoting myogenic regulatory factor Myogenin and appear to enter into the myotome...
- Langenau D, Keefe M, Storer N, Guyon J, Kutok J, Le X, et al. Effects of RAS on the genesis of embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1382-95 pubmed..When coupled with gene expression studies of this cell population, we propose that the zebrafish RMS cancer stem cell shares similar self-renewal programs as those found in activated satellite cells...
- van der Meulen T, Schipper H, van den Boogaart J, Huising M, Kranenbarg S, Van Leeuwen J. Endurance exercise differentially stimulates heart and axial muscle development in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;291:R1040-8 pubmed..At the end of 10 wk of training, heart and axial muscle showed increased expression of the muscle growth factor myogenin and proliferating cell nuclear antigen, but there were major differences between cardiac and axial muscle...
- Schlueter P, Royer T, Farah M, Laser B, Chan S, Steiner D, et al. Gene duplication and functional divergence of the zebrafish insulin-like growth factor 1 receptors. FASEB J. 2006;20:1230-2 pubmed
- Hinits Y, Williams V, Sweetman D, Donn T, Ma T, Moens C, et al. Defective cranial skeletal development, larval lethality and haploinsufficiency in Myod mutant zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;358:102-12 pubmed publisher..A mutation in myog, encoding a second MRF, has little obvious phenotype at early stages, but exacerbates the loss of somitic muscle ..
- O Brien J, Hernandez Lagunas L, Artinger K, Ford H. MicroRNA-30a regulates zebrafish myogenesis through targeting the transcription factor Six1. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:2291-301 pubmed publisher..Importantly, restoration of six1a in miR30a-overexpressing embryos restores proper myogenesis. These data demonstrate a new role for miR30a at a key node in the myogenic regulatory gene network through controlling Six1 expression...
- Pistocchi A, Gaudenzi G, Foglia E, Monteverde S, Moreno Fortuny A, Pianca A, et al. Conserved and divergent functions of Nfix in skeletal muscle development during vertebrate evolution. Development. 2013;140:1528-36 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, during vertebrate evolution, the transcription factor Nfix lost some specific functions, probably as a consequence of the different environment in which teleosts and mammals develop. ..
- Nesan D, Kamkar M, Burrows J, Scott I, Marsden M, Vijayan M. Glucocorticoid receptor signaling is essential for mesoderm formation and muscle development in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2012;153:1288-300 pubmed publisher..This correlated with altered expression of myogenic markers, including myogenin, myostatin, and muscle-specific myosin heavy chain and troponin genes...
- Lee G, Chang M, Hsu C, Chen Y. Essential roles of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, Capsulin and Musculin, during craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:4065-78 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose a putative regulatory network to understand how capsulin/musculin regulate distinctly either myf5 or myod during zebrafish craniofacial myogenesis. ..
- Figueiredo M, Mareco E, Silva M, Marins L. Muscle-specific growth hormone receptor (GHR) overexpression induces hyperplasia but not hypertrophy in transgenic zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2012;21:457-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it seems that hypertrophy and hyperplasia follow two different routes for entire muscle growth, both of them triggered by GHR activation, but regulated by different mechanisms. ..
- Liang X, Souders C, Zhang J, Martyniuk C. Tributyltin induces premature hatching and reduces locomotor activity in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos/larvae at environmentally relevant levels. Chemosphere. 2017;189:498-506 pubmed publisher..related to changes in behavioral activity, we measured transcripts associated with muscle function (myf6, myoD, and myoG) and dopamine signaling (th, dat, dopamine receptors) as dopamine regulates behavior...
- Kamei H, Ding Y, Kajimura S, Wells M, CHIANG P, Duan C. Role of IGF signaling in catch-up growth and accelerated temporal development in zebrafish embryos in response to oxygen availability. Development. 2011;138:777-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the evolutionarily conserved IGF signaling pathway coordinates growth and temporal development in zebrafish embryos in response to oxygen availability. ..
- Seiliez I, Médale F, Aguirre P, Larquier M, Lanneretonne L, Alami Durante H, et al. Postprandial regulation of growth- and metabolism-related factors in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2013;10:237-48 pubmed publisher..In the muscle, refeeding increased transcript levels of myogenesis (Myf5, Myogenin), inhibited those of Ub-proteasomal proteolytic system (Atrogin1, Murf1a, Murf1b), and induced the activation of ..
- Yang J, Wang J, Zeng Z, Qiao L, Zhuang L, Jiang L, et al. Smad4 is required for the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. Differentiation. 2016;92:161-168 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that smad4 plays an important role in heart and skeletal muscle development. ..
- Albacker C, Storer N, Langdon E, DiBiase A, Zhou Y, Langenau D, et al. The histone methyltransferase SUV39H1 suppresses embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma formation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64969 pubmed publisher..Gene expression profiling at these stages revealed that in the context of KRAS(G12D) overexpression, SUV39H1 may suppress cell cycle progression. Our studies provide evidence for the role of SUV39H1 as a tumor suppressor...
- Housley M, Reischauer S, Dieu M, Raes M, Stainier D, Vanhollebeke B. Translational profiling through biotinylation of tagged ribosomes in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3988-93 pubmed publisher..Through this work we have thus developed additional tools for highly specific gene expression profiling. ..
- Yao Z, Farr G, Tapscott S, Maves L. Pbx and Prdm1a transcription factors differentially regulate subsets of the fast skeletal muscle program in zebrafish. Biol Open. 2013;2:546-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide an example of how Pbx homeodomain proteins act in a balance with other transcription factors to regulate subsets of a cellular differentiation program...
- Chong S, Nguyet L, Jiang Y, Korzh V. The chemokine Sdf-1 and its receptor Cxcr4 are required for formation of muscle in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed..This demonstrated a role of chemokine signaling during development of skeletal muscles. ..
- Bessarab D, Chong S, Srinivas B, Korzh V. Six1a is required for the onset of fast muscle differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;323:216-28 pubmed publisher..In the six1a loss-of-function conditions, initiation of myog expression was compromised in fast muscle precursors whereas myod expression appeared unaffected suggestive of ..
- Hamade A, Deries M, Begemann G, Bally Cuif L, Genet C, Sabatier F, et al. Retinoic acid activates myogenesis in vivo through Fgf8 signalling. Dev Biol. 2006;289:127-40 pubmed..DEAB reduces expression of the myogenic markers myoD and myogenin in somites, whereas RA induces increased expression of these genes and strongly induces premature myoD expression ..
- van der Meulen T, Schipper H, Van Leeuwen J, Kranenbarg S. Effects of decreased muscle activity on developing axial musculature in nicb107 mutant zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Biol. 2005;208:3675-87 pubmed..In addition, skin stiffness is affected. In conclusion, the lack of muscle fibre activity did not prevent the basal muscle components developing but influenced further organisation and differentiation of these components. ..
- Zou S, Kamei H, Modi Z, Duan C. Zebrafish IGF genes: gene duplication, conservation and divergence, and novel roles in midline and notochord development. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7026 pubmed publisher..These results not only provide new insights into the functional conservation and divergence of the multiple igf genes but also reveal a novel role of IGF signaling in midline formation and notochord development in a vertebrate model...
- Gao Y, Dai Z, Shi C, Zhai G, Jin X, He J, et al. Depletion of Myostatin b Promotes Somatic Growth and Lipid Metabolism in Zebrafish. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2016;7:88 pubmed publisher..Our mstnb-deficient model could be valuable in understanding not only the growth trait regulation in teleosts but also the mechanisms of teleost energy metabolism. ..
- Chen J, Galloway J. The development of zebrafish tendon and ligament progenitors. Development. 2014;141:2035-45 pubmed publisher..Within this context, the zebrafish model can be used to provide new avenues for studying tendon biology in a vertebrate genetic system. ..
- Tee J, van Rooijen C, Boonen R, Zivkovic D. Regulation of slow and fast muscle myofibrillogenesis by Wnt/beta-catenin and myostatin signaling. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5880 pubmed publisher..Epistatic analyses suggest a possible genetic interaction between Wnt/beta-catenin and Myostatin in regulation of slow and fast twitch muscle myofibrillogenesis...
- Li M, Andersson Lendahl M, Sejersen T, Arner A. Knockdown of fast skeletal myosin-binding protein C in zebrafish results in a severe skeletal myopathy. J Gen Physiol. 2016;147:309-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, lack of MyBPC-2 results in a severe skeletal myopathy with structural changes and muscle weakness. ..
- Peterson M, Henry C. Hedgehog signaling and laminin play unique and synergistic roles in muscle development. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:905-13 pubmed publisher..Finally, we present evidence that suggests that Hh signaling is indirectly required via slow fiber specification for recovery of fast fiber elongation in laminin gamma1 mutant embryos. ..
- Tan X, Hoang L, Du S. Characterization of muscle-regulatory genes, Myf5 and myogenin, from striped bass and promoter analysis of muscle-specific expression. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2002;4:537-45 pubmedMyf5 and Myogenin are basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors that belong to the muscle regulatory factor (MRF) gene family, which plays important roles in regulating skeletal muscle development and growth...
- Wang B, Doan D, Roman Petersen Y, Alvarado E, Alvarado G, Bhandari A, et al. Wdr68 requires nuclear access for craniofacial development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54363 pubmed publisher..Dyrk1b is required for myogenin (myog) expression in differentiating mouse C2C12 cells and here we report that wdr68 is also important for myog ..
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Sagara H, Munakata M, Hisaki Y, Sekiya T, et al. Smyd5 plays pivotal roles in both primitive and definitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:29157 pubmed publisher..As the expression of myeloid markers was elevated in smyd5 loss-of-function zebrafish, we propose that Smyd5 plays critical roles in hematopoiesis. ..
- Snow C, Peterson M, Khalil A, Henry C. Muscle development is disrupted in zebrafish embryos deficient for fibronectin. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2542-53 pubmed publisher..Fast- and slow-twitch muscle lengths are also more frequently uncoupled. These data suggest that fn may function to regulate fiber organization and limit fast-twitch muscle fiber length. ..
- Yao J, Zhou J, Liu Q, Lu D, Wang L, Qiao X, et al. Atoh8, a bHLH transcription factor, is required for the development of retina and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10945 pubmed publisher..Our results show that Atoh8 is an important regulator for the development of both the retina and skeletal muscles necessary for neural retinal cell and myogenic differentiation during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Deniziak M, Thisse C, Rederstorff M, Hindelang C, Thisse B, Lescure A. Loss of selenoprotein N function causes disruption of muscle architecture in the zebrafish embryo. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:156-67 pubmed..Moreover, alteration of myofibrils architecture and tendon-like structure in embryo deficient for SelN function provide new insights into the pathological mechanism of SelN-related myopathy. ..
- Yang J, Zeng Z, Wei J, Jiang L, Ma Q, Wu M, et al. Sema4d is required for the development of the hindbrain boundary and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:213-9 pubmed publisher..2, and two myogenic regulatory factors, myod and myog. Further, a notable increase of cell apoptosis appeared in the sema4d knockdown embryos, while no obvious reduction ..
- Ulloa P, Peña A, Lizama C, Araneda C, Iturra P, Neira R, et al. Growth response and expression of muscle growth-related candidate genes in adult zebrafish fed plant and fishmeal protein-based diets. Zebrafish. 2013;10:99-109 pubmed publisher..At 98?dpf, growth-related genes Igf1a, Igf2a, mTOR, Pld1a, Mrf4, Myod, Myogenin, and Myostatin1b were evaluated. In males, Myogenin, Mrf4, and Igf2a showed changes attributable to the PP diet...
- Masuda Y, Oku H, Okumura T, Nomura K, Kurokawa T. Feeding restriction alters expression of some ATP related genes more sensitively than the RNA/DNA ratio in zebrafish, Danio rerio. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;152:287-91 pubmed publisher..levels of nucleoside diphosphate kinase (NDK)-Z2, glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), and myogenin genes of RE fish were higher than those of FR fish, although the RNA/DNA ratio and the protein/DNA ratio were ..
- Ma A, Chung M, Liang R, Leung A. The role of survivin2 in primitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish development. Leukemia. 2009;23:712-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, sur2 is important in maintaining hematopoietic stem and lineage committed cells during zebrafish development, by virtue of its antiapoptotic activity in a caspase dependent and cell autonomous fashion. ..
- Vleeshouwer Neumann T, Phelps M, Bammler T, MacDonald J, Jenkins I, Chen E. Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors Antagonize Distinct Pathways to Suppress Tumorigenesis of Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144320 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that aberrant HDAC activity plays a major role in ERMS pathogenesis. Druggable targets in the molecular pathways affected by HDAC inhibitors represent novel therapeutic options for ERMS patients. ..
- Ganassi M, Badodi S, Polacchini A, Baruffaldi F, Battini R, Hughes S, et al. Distinct functions of alternatively spliced isoforms encoded by zebrafish mef2ca and mef2cb. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:559-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data show that AS is a significant regulator of Mef2c activity. ..
- Tenente I, Hayes M, Ignatius M, McCarthy K, Yohe M, Sindiri S, et al. Myogenic regulatory transcription factors regulate growth in rhabdomyosarcoma. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our data support unappreciated and dominant oncogenic roles for MYF5 and MYOD convergence on common transcriptional targets to regulate human RMS growth. ..
- Lyons P, Ma L, Baker R, Fricker L. Carboxypeptidase A6 in zebrafish development and implications for VIth cranial nerve pathfinding. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12967 pubmed publisher..If mutations in CPA6 contribute to Duane syndrome, our results also suggest that Duane syndrome can be a chondrogenic rather than a myogenic or neurogenic developmental disorder. ..
- Tee J, Sartori da Silva M, Rygiel A, Muncan V, Bink R, van den Brink G, et al. asb11 is a regulator of embryonic and adult regenerative myogenesis. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:3091-103 pubmed publisher..Hence, we provide evidence that d-asb11 is a principal regulator of embryonic as well as adult regenerative myogenesis. ..
- Brusegan C, Pistocchi A, Frassine A, Della Noce I, Schepis F, Cotelli F. Ccdc80-l1 Is involved in axon pathfinding of zebrafish motoneurons. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31851 pubmed publisher..Indeed, we reported that ccdc80-l1 expression is positively regulated by the Hedgehog pathway in adaxial cells and muscle pioneers. These findings strongly indicate ccdc80-l1 as a down-stream effector of the Hedgehog pathway. ..
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Carvajal J, Rigby P, Hughes S. Mrf4 (myf6) is dynamically expressed in differentiated zebrafish skeletal muscle. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:738-45 pubmed..helix-loop-helix (bHLH) myogenic regulatory transcription factor (MRF) family, which also contains Myod, Myf5 and myogenin. Mrf4 is implicated in commitment of amniote cells to skeletal myogenesis and is also abundantly expressed in ..
- Lee H, Tseng W, Lo F, Liu T, Tsai H. FoxD5 mediates anterior-posterior polarity through upstream modulator Fgf signaling during zebrafish somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;336:232-45 pubmed publisher..An Fgf-FoxD5-Mesps signaling network is therefore proposed. ..
- Ignatius M, Chen E, Elpek N, Fuller A, Tenente I, Clagg R, et al. In vivo imaging of tumor-propagating cells, regional tumor heterogeneity, and dynamic cell movements in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:680-93 pubmed publisher..of late-stage ERMS revealed that myf5+ cells populate newly formed tumor only after seeding by highly migratory myogenin+ ERMS cells...
- Sass J, Martin C, Krone P. Restricted expression of the zebrafish hsp90alpha gene in slow and fast muscle fiber lineages. Int J Dev Biol. 1999;43:835-8 pubmed..Thus, hsp90alpha is expressed in developing muscle progenitors during short temporal and spatial windows of both slow and fast fiber lineages in the zebrafish somite. ..
- Xu P, Tan X, Zhang Y, Zhang P, Xu Y. Cloning and expression analysis of myogenin from flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) and promoter analysis of muscle-specific expression. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;147:135-45 pubmedb>Myogenin is a bHLH transcription factor of the MyoD family. It plays a crucial role in myoblast differentiation and maturation. We report here the isolation of flounder myogenin gene and the characterization of its expression patterns...
- Pipalia T, Koth J, Roy S, Hammond C, Kawakami K, Hughes S. Cellular dynamics of regeneration reveals role of two distinct Pax7 stem cell populations in larval zebrafish muscle repair. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:671-84 pubmed publisher..Pax7(+) cells proliferate and then undergo terminal differentiation involving Myogenin accumulation and subsequent loss of Pax7 followed by elongation and fusion to repair fast muscle fibres...
- Hawkins T, Haramis A, Etard C, Prodromou C, Vaughan C, Ashworth R, et al. The ATPase-dependent chaperoning activity of Hsp90a regulates thick filament formation and integration during skeletal muscle myofibrillogenesis. Development. 2008;135:1147-56 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal a surprisingly specific developmental role for a single Hsp90 gene in a regulatory pathway controlling late steps in sarcomere assembly. ..
- Delgado Olguin P, Brand Arzamendi K, Scott I, Jungblut B, Stainier D, Bruneau B, et al. CTCF promotes muscle differentiation by modulating the activity of myogenic regulatory factors. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:12483-94 pubmed publisher..CTCF enhances the myogenic potential of MyoD and myogenin and establishes direct interactions with MyoD, indicating that CTCF regulates MRF-mediated muscle differentiation...
- Nguyen P, Hollway G, Sonntag C, Miles L, Hall T, Berger S, et al. Haematopoietic stem cell induction by somite-derived endothelial cells controlled by meox1. Nature. 2014;512:314-8 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the molecular basis for a novel somite lineage restriction mechanism and defines a new paradigm in induction of definitive HSCs. ..
- Wen Y, Ushio H. Ferulic Acid Promotes Hypertrophic Growth of Fast Skeletal Muscle in Zebrafish Model. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..demonstrated the up-regulation of relative mRNA expression levels of myogenic transcriptional factors (MyoD, myogenin and serum response factor (SRF)) and their target genes encoding sarcomeric unit proteins involved in muscular ..
- Chen Y, Harris M, Levesque M, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C, Sonawane M. Heterogeneity across the dorso-ventral axis in zebrafish EVL is regulated by a novel module consisting of sox, snail1a and max genes. Mech Dev. 2012;129:13-23 pubmed publisher..For the first time, this transgenic line unravels the heterogeneity in the EVL and will serve as an important tool in understanding the molecular basis of the DV patterning of the EVL. ..
- Palstra A, Tudorache C, Rovira M, Brittijn S, Burgerhout E, van den Thillart G, et al. Establishing zebrafish as a novel exercise model: swimming economy, swimming-enhanced growth and muscle growth marker gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14483 pubmed publisher..From the results of our study we can conclude that zebrafish can be used as an exercise model for enhanced growth, with implications in basic, biomedical and applied sciences, such as aquaculture. ..
- Mukherjee K, Ishii K, Pillalamarri V, Kammin T, Atkin J, Hickey S, et al. Actin capping protein CAPZB regulates cell morphology, differentiation, and neural crest migration in craniofacial morphogenesisâ€ . Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1255-70 pubmed publisher..In addition, capzb over-expression results in embryonic lethality. Therefore, proper capzb dosage is important during embryogenesis, and regulates both cell behavior and tissue morphogenesis. ..
- Rosa C, Kuradomi R, Almeida D, Lannes C, Figueiredo M, Dytz A, et al. GH overexpression modifies muscle expression of anti-oxidant enzymes and increases spinal curvature of old zebrafish. Exp Gerontol. 2010;45:449-56 pubmed publisher..The results obtained here indicate that GH overexpression reduces the transcription of anti-oxidant defense system and myogenesis-related genes, which probably accelerates senescence in the zebrafish transgenic model used. ..
- Hasumura T, Meguro S. Exercise quantity-dependent muscle hypertrophy in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Comp Physiol B. 2016;186:603-14 pubmed publisher..These results open up the possibility for further investigations on the effects of exercise on skeletal muscle in adult zebrafish. ..
- Ochi H, Westerfield M. Lbx2 regulates formation of myofibrils. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:13 pubmed publisher..Expression of myofilament genes, including actin and myosin, requires the engrailed repressor domain of Lbx2. Our results elucidate a new function of Lbx2 as a regulator of myofibril formation. ..
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Yamaguchi K, Watanabe S, Furukawa Y. Smyd3 is required for the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23491 pubmed publisher..heart-chamber markers including cmlc2, amhc and vmhc, and abnormal expression of myogenic regulatory factors including myod and myog. These data suggest that Smyd3 plays an important role in the development of heart and skeletal muscle.
- Schlueter P, Peng G, Westerfield M, Duan C. Insulin-like growth factor signaling regulates zebrafish embryonic growth and development by promoting cell survival and cell cycle progression. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1095-105 pubmed
- Chen Y, Tsai H. Treatment with Myf5-morpholino results in somite patterning and brain formation defects in zebrafish. Differentiation. 2002;70:447-56 pubmed..1 gene was completely down-regulated; myoD was expressed normally; myogenin was substantially down-regulated in whole somites; and desmin was partly inhibited in newly forming somites...
- Chen Y, Lee W, Cheng C, Tsai H. Muscle regulatory factor gene: zebrafish (Danio rerio) myogenin cDNA. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2000;127:97-103 pubmedb>Myogenin is one of the basic helix-loop-helix proteins that regulate muscle-specific gene expression...
- Li H, Randall W, Du S. skNAC (skeletal Naca), a muscle-specific isoform of Naca (nascent polypeptide-associated complex alpha), is required for myofibril organization. FASEB J. 2009;23:1988-2000 pubmed publisher..Western blot analysis revealed that myosin protein levels were significantly reduced. Collectively, these results demonstrate that skNAC plays a vital role in myofibril assembly and function during muscle cell differentiation. ..
- Knappe S, Zammit P, Knight R. A population of Pax7-expressing muscle progenitor cells show differential responses to muscle injury dependent on developmental stage and injury extent. Front Aging Neurosci. 2015;7:161 pubmed publisher..that both small focal injuries, and large injuries affecting the entire myotome, lead to expression of myf5 and myogenin, which was prolonged in older larvae, indicating a slower process of regeneration...
- Kjaer Sorensen K, Engholm D, Kamei H, Morch M, Kristensen A, Zhou J, et al. Pregnancy-associated plasma protein A (PAPP-A) modulates the early developmental rate in zebrafish independently of its proteolytic activity. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9982-92 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Papp-a possesses biological functions independent of its proteolytic activity. Our data represent the first evidence for a non-proteolytic function of PAPP-A. ..