Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mylpfa
Description: myosin light chain, phosphorylatable, fast skeletal muscle a
Alias: cb46, mlc2f, mylz2, sb:cb46, myosin regulatory light chain 2, skeletal muscle isoform, myosin light chain 2, myosin, light polypeptide 2, skeletal muscle
- Liew H, Choksi S, Wong K, Roy S. Specification of vertebrate slow-twitch muscle fiber fate by the transcriptional regulator Blimp1. Dev Biol. 2008;324:226-35 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that zebrafish Blimp1 can repress the expression of fast muscle-specific myosin light chain, mylz2, through direct binding near the promoter of this gene, indicating that an important function of the ..
- Wong A, Draper B, Van Eenennaam A. FLPe functions in zebrafish embryos. Transgenic Res. 2011;20:409-15 pubmed publisher..Our results show that FLPe, which is derived from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is an efficient recombinase in zebrafish maintained at 28.5°C. ..
- Yang J, Wang J, Zeng Z, Qiao L, Zhuang L, Jiang L, et al. Smad4 is required for the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. Differentiation. 2016;92:161-168 pubmed publisher..markers, cmlc2 and vmhc, as well as abnormal expression of three makers of myogenic terminal differentiation, mylz2, smyhc1 and mck...
- Minchin J, Williams V, Hinits Y, Low S, Tandon P, Fan C, et al. Oesophageal and sternohyal muscle fibres are novel Pax3-dependent migratory somite derivatives essential for ingestion. Development. 2013;140:2972-84 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate Pax3-expressing somite cells as a source of OSM and SHM fibres, and highlight a conserved role of Pax3 genes in the genesis of these feeding muscles of vertebrates. ..
- Storer N, White R, Uong A, Price E, Nielsen G, Langenau D, et al. Zebrafish rhabdomyosarcoma reflects the developmental stage of oncogene expression during myogenesis. Development. 2013;140:3040-50 pubmed publisher..used, including the cdh15 and rag2 promoters, which drive gene expression in early muscle progenitors, and the mylz2 promoter, which is expressed in differentiating myoblasts...
- Mohanta R, Jayasankar P, Das Mahapatra K, Saha J, Barman H. Molecular cloning, characterization and functional assessment of the myosin light polypeptide chain 2 (mylz2) promoter of farmed carp, Labeo rohita. Transgenic Res. 2014;23:601-7 pubmed publisherWe cloned the 5'-flanking region (1.2 kb) of a muscle-specific gene, encoding myosin light chain 2 polypeptide (mylz2) of a farmed carp, Labeo rohita (rohu)...
- van der Meulen T, Schipper H, Van Leeuwen J, Kranenbarg S. Effects of decreased muscle activity on developing axial musculature in nicb107 mutant zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Biol. 2005;208:3675-87 pubmed..In addition, skin stiffness is affected. In conclusion, the lack of muscle fibre activity did not prevent the basal muscle components developing but influenced further organisation and differentiation of these components. ..
- Batut J, Duboé C, Vandel L. The methyltransferases PRMT4/CARM1 and PRMT5 control differentially myogenesis in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25427 pubmed publisher..However, our results show that PRMT4/CARM1 is required for proper slow myosin heavy chain localization. Altogether, our results reveal a combinatorial role of PRMT4/CARM1 and PRMT5 for proper myogenesis in zebrafish. ..
- Osborn D, Li K, Hinits Y, Hughes S. Cdkn1c drives muscle differentiation through a positive feedback loop with Myod. Dev Biol. 2011;350:464-75 pubmed publisher..Cdkn1c co-operates with Myod to drive differentiation of several early zebrafish muscle fibre types. Myod in turn up-regulates cdkn1c, thereby providing a positive feedback loop that switches myogenic cells to terminal differentiation. ..
- Tang Q, Moore J, Ignatius M, Tenente I, Hayes M, Garcia E, et al. Imaging tumour cell heterogeneity following cell transplantation into optically clear immune-deficient zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10358 pubmed publisher..Cell transplantation approaches using optically clear immune-compromised zebrafish provide unique opportunities to uncover biology underlying cancer and to dynamically visualize cancer processes at single-cell resolution in vivo. ..
- Ablain J, Durand E, Yang S, Zhou Y, Zon L. A CRISPR/Cas9 vector system for tissue-specific gene disruption in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2015;32:756-64 pubmed publisher..This vector system constitutes a unique tool to spatially control gene knockout and greatly broadens the scope of loss-of-function studies in zebrafish. ..
- Chong S, Nguyet L, Jiang Y, Korzh V. The chemokine Sdf-1 and its receptor Cxcr4 are required for formation of muscle in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed..This demonstrated a role of chemokine signaling during development of skeletal muscles. ..
- Cambier S, Gonzalez P, Durrieu G, Maury Brachet R, Boudou A, Bourdineaud J. Serial analysis of gene expression in the skeletal muscles of zebrafish fed with a methylmercury-contaminated diet. Environ Sci Technol. 2010;44:469-75 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this is the first time that the SAGE was used to characterize the effect of a toxicant at the genome scale in an aquatic organism. ..
- Liu Q, Klingler R, Wimpee B, Dellinger M, KING HEIDEN T, Grzybowski J, et al. Maternal methylmercury from a wild-caught walleye diet induces developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;65:272-282 pubmed publisher..Results from this study provide evidence that food intended for human consumption, with relatively modest levels of MeHg, may induce adverse effects in offspring. ..
- Almeida D, Vaz B, Azevedo Figueiredo M, Junior A, Marins L. Fluorescent transgenic zebrafish as a biosensor for growth-related effects of methyl parathion. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;152:147-51 pubmed publisher..lineage, which expresses a destabilized fluorescent protein (DsRED) driven by the myosin light chain promoter (Mylz2), in order to propose a new research tool for environmental biomonitoring...
- Albacker C, Storer N, Langdon E, DiBiase A, Zhou Y, Langenau D, et al. The histone methyltransferase SUV39H1 suppresses embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma formation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64969 pubmed publisher..Gene expression profiling at these stages revealed that in the context of KRAS(G12D) overexpression, SUV39H1 may suppress cell cycle progression. Our studies provide evidence for the role of SUV39H1 as a tumor suppressor...
- Baxendale S, Holdsworth C, Meza Santoscoy P, Harrison M, Fox J, Parkin C, et al. Identification of compounds with anti-convulsant properties in a zebrafish model of epileptic seizures. Dis Model Mech. 2012;5:773-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results demonstrate that suppression of PTZ-induced fos expression provides a sensitive means of identifying compounds with anticonvulsant activities. ..
- Li Y, Chen H, Li Y, Wu S, Wangta Liu -, Lin G, et al. Progranulin regulates zebrafish muscle growth and regeneration through maintaining the pool of myogenic progenitor cells. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1176 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate a critical role for PGRN in the maintenance of MPC and suggest that muscle atrophy under PGRN loss may begin with MPC during postembryonic myogenesis. ..
- Houbrechts A, Delarue J, Gabriëls I, Sourbron J, Darras V. Permanent Deiodinase Type 2 Deficiency Strongly Perturbs Zebrafish Development, Growth, and Fertility. Endocrinology. 2016;157:3668-81 pubmed publisher..As the first nonmammalian model with permanent Dio2 deficiency, these mutant zebrafish lines provide evidence that Dio2 is essential to assure normal development and to obtain a normal adult phenotype. ..
- Veldman M, Zhao C, Gomez G, Lindgren A, Huang H, Yang H, et al. Transdifferentiation of fast skeletal muscle into functional endothelium in vivo by transcription factor Etv2. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001590 pubmed publisher..Given the evolutionarily conserved function of this transcription factor and the responsiveness of mammalian myoblasts to Etv2, it is likely that mammalian muscle cells will respond similarly. ..
- Liu Q, Basu N, Goetz G, Jiang N, Hutz R, Tonellato P, et al. Differential gene expression associated with dietary methylmercury (MeHg) exposure in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicology. 2013;22:740-51 pubmed publisher..Our conclusion is that biomarker analysis for aquatic toxicant assessment using fish needs to be based on tissue-, sex- and species-specific consideration. ..
- Yao Z, Farr G, Tapscott S, Maves L. Pbx and Prdm1a transcription factors differentially regulate subsets of the fast skeletal muscle program in zebrafish. Biol Open. 2013;2:546-55 pubmed publisher..We have previously shown that Pbx proteins bind with Myod on the promoter of the zebrafish fast muscle gene mylpfa and that Pbx proteins are required for Myod to activate mylpfa expression and the fast-twitch muscle-specific ..
- Ju B, Xu Y, He J, Liao J, Yan T, Hew C, et al. Faithful expression of green fluorescent protein (GFP) in transgenic zebrafish embryos under control of zebrafish gene promoters. Dev Genet. 1999;25:158-67 pubmed..Our experiments, therefore, further demonstrated that zebrafish embryos can faithfully express exogenously introduced genes under the control of zebrafish promoters. ..
- Yin X, Wang H, Zhang Y, Dahlgren R, Zhang H, Shi M, et al. Toxicological assessment of trace ?-diketone antibiotic mixtures on zebrafish (Danio rerio) by proteomic analysis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e102731 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that trace-level DKA exposure affects a variety of cellular and biological processes in zebrafish. ..
- Figueiredo M, Mareco E, Silva M, Marins L. Muscle-specific growth hormone receptor (GHR) overexpression induces hyperplasia but not hypertrophy in transgenic zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2012;21:457-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it seems that hypertrophy and hyperplasia follow two different routes for entire muscle growth, both of them triggered by GHR activation, but regulated by different mechanisms. ..
- Taglietti V, Maroli G, Cermenati S, Monteverde S, Ferrante A, Rossi G, et al. Nfix Induces a Switch in Sox6 Transcriptional Activity to Regulate MyHC-I Expression in Fetal Muscle. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2354-2366 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate functional cooperation between Sox6 and Nfix in regulating MyHC-I expression during prenatal muscle development. ..
- Bessarab D, Chong S, Srinivas B, Korzh V. Six1a is required for the onset of fast muscle differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;323:216-28 pubmed publisher..In contrast, differentiation of slow fibers appeared largely unaffected. We conclude that Six1a plays an essential role at the onset of fast muscle differentiation. ..
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Sagara H, Munakata M, Hisaki Y, Sekiya T, et al. Smyd5 plays pivotal roles in both primitive and definitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:29157 pubmed publisher..As the expression of myeloid markers was elevated in smyd5 loss-of-function zebrafish, we propose that Smyd5 plays critical roles in hematopoiesis. ..
- Hsieh J, Pan C, Chen J. Tilapia hepcidin (TH)2-3 as a transgene in transgenic fish enhances resistance to Vibrio vulnificus infection and causes variations in immune-related genes after infection by different bacterial species. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:430-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that using TH2-3 as a transgene in zebrafish can effectively inhibit bacterial growth, specifically the V. vulnificus (204) strain for up to 24 h...
- Veldman M, Rios Galdamez Y, Lu X, Gu X, Qin W, Li S, et al. The N17 domain mitigates nuclear toxicity in a novel zebrafish Huntington's disease model. Mol Neurodegener. 2015;10:67 pubmed publisher..Future experiments will be focused on identifying genetic modifiers, mechanisms and therapeutics that alleviate polyQ aggregation in the nucleus of neurons. ..
- Zeng Z, Liu X, Seebah S, Gong Z. Faithful expression of living color reporter genes in transgenic medaka under two tissue-specific zebrafish promoters. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:387-92 pubmed..Under the zebrafish skeletal muscle-specific mylz2 promoter, transgenic medaka expressed green fluorescent protein (GFP) exclusively in skeletal muscles, mimicking ..
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Carvajal J, Rigby P, Hughes S. Mrf4 (myf6) is dynamically expressed in differentiated zebrafish skeletal muscle. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:738-45 pubmed..Moreover, mrf4 expression is not detected in head muscles, at least at early stages. As fish mature, mrf4 expression is pronounced in the region of slow muscle fibres. ..
- Gómez Requeni P, de Vareilles M, Kousoulaki K, Jordal A, Conceição L, Rønnestad I. Whole body proteome response to a dietary lysine imbalance in zebrafish Danio rerio. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2011;6:178-86 pubmed publisher..Excess Lys was accompanied by an up-regulation of proteins related to glycolysis, steroidogenesis and sexual maturation. ..
- Jackson H, Ono Y, Wang X, Elworthy S, Cunliffe V, Ingham P. The role of Sox6 in zebrafish muscle fiber type specification. Skelet Muscle. 2015;5:2 pubmed publisher..They also exhibited a striking curvature of the spine. The Sox6 transcription factor is a key regulator of fast-twitch muscle fiber differentiation in the zebrafish, a role similar to that ascribed to its murine ortholog. ..
- Chen E, Deran M, Ignatius M, Grandinetti K, Clagg R, McCarthy K, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase 3 inhibitors induce the canonical WNT/?-catenin pathway to suppress growth and self-renewal in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5349-54 pubmed publisher..In total, we have identified an unconventional tumor suppressive role for the canonical WNT/?-catenin pathway in regulating self-renewal of ERMS and revealed therapeutic strategies to target differentiation of TPCs in ERMS. ..
- Xu Y, Wang H, Zhou J, Lei Y, Zhou Y, Yang Q, et al. Zebrafish Nanos interacts with and regulates the phosphorylation of Mylz2. Biochimie. 2010;92:1812-7 pubmed publisher..Using a phospho-myosin light chain 2 (Ser19) antibody, we demonstrate that Nanos downregulates the phosphorylation of the Mylz2 by ..
- Yang J, Zeng Z, Wei J, Jiang L, Ma Q, Wu M, et al. Sema4d is required for the development of the hindbrain boundary and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:213-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that sema4d plays an important role in the development of the hindbrain and skeletal muscle. ..
- Chuang H, Hsiao K, Chang H, Wu C, Pan H. The homeobox transcription factor Irxl1 negatively regulates MyoD expression and myoblast differentiation. FEBS J. 2014;281:2990-3003 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Irxl1/Mkx can repress myoD expression through direct binding to its promoter and may thus play a negative regulatory role in muscle differentiation. ..
- Ignatius M, Chen E, Elpek N, Fuller A, Tenente I, Clagg R, et al. In vivo imaging of tumor-propagating cells, regional tumor heterogeneity, and dynamic cell movements in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:680-93 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that non-tumor-propagating cells likely have important supportive roles in cancer progression and facilitate metastasis. ..
- de Vareilles M, Conceição L, Gómez Requeni P, Kousoulaki K, Richard N, Rodrigues P, et al. Dietary lysine imbalance affects muscle proteome in zebrafish (Danio rerio): a comparative 2D-DIGE study. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2012;14:643-54 pubmed publisher..Thus using an exploratory approach, this study pinpoints interesting candidates for further elucidating the role of dietary Lys on growth of juvenile fish. ..
- Zhang W, Roy S. The zebrafish fast myosin light chain mylpfa:H2B-GFP transgene is a useful tool for inÂ vivo imaging of myocyte fusion in the vertebrate embryo. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;20:106-10 pubmed publisher..under the control of the fast-twitch muscle-specific myosin light chain, phosphorylatable, fast skeletal muscle a (mylpfa) gene promoter...
- Batut J, DuboÃ© C, Vandel L. Expression patterns of CREB binding protein (CREBBP) and its methylated species during zebrafish development. Int J Dev Biol. 2015;59:229-34 pubmed publisher..This suggests that methylation may regulate CREBBP import to the nucleus during zebrafish development and could therefore participate in the control of early developmental processes. ..
- Tenente I, Hayes M, Ignatius M, McCarthy K, Yohe M, Sindiri S, et al. Myogenic regulatory transcription factors regulate growth in rhabdomyosarcoma. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our data support unappreciated and dominant oncogenic roles for MYF5 and MYOD convergence on common transcriptional targets to regulate human RMS growth. ..
- Rottbauer W, Wessels G, Dahme T, Just S, Trano N, Hassel D, et al. Cardiac myosin light chain-2: a novel essential component of thick-myofilament assembly and contractility of the heart. Circ Res. 2006;99:323-31 pubmed..Thus, our findings provide the first in vivo evidence that cardiac MLC-2 is required for thick-filament stabilization and contractility in the vertebrate heart. ..
- Kong H, Lee Y, Kim W, Kim H, Kim B, An C, et al. Molecular and functional analyses of the fast skeletal myosin light chain2 gene of the Korean oily bitterling, Acheilognathus koreensis. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:16672-84 pubmed publisher..characterized the primary structure of the Korean oily bitterling Acheilognathus koreensis fast skeletal myosin light chain 2 (Akmlc2f), gene...
- Tryon R, Pisat N, Johnson S, Dougherty J. Development of translating ribosome affinity purification for zebrafish. Genesis. 2013;51:187-92 pubmed publisher..We have also generated a generic EGFP-rpl10a Tol2 plasmid construct (Tol2-zTRAP) that can be readily modified to target any additional cell populations with characterized promoters in zebrafish. ..
- Li D, Lou Q, Zhai G, Peng X, Cheng X, Dai X, et al. Hyperplasia and cellularity changes in IGF-1-overexpressing skeletal muscle of crucian carp. Endocrinology. 2014;155:2199-212 pubmed publisherThe zebrafish skeletal muscle-specific promoter mylz2 was used to cause crucian carp overexpression of the zebrafish IGF-1 cDNA...
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Yamaguchi K, Watanabe S, Furukawa Y. Smyd3 is required for the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23491 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Smyd3 plays an important role in the development of heart and skeletal muscle. ..
- Pan C, Peng K, Lin C, Chen J. Transgenic expression of tilapia hepcidin 1-5 and shrimp chelonianin in zebrafish and their resistance to bacterial pathogens. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:275-85 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that TH1-5 and chelonianin possess the potential to be novel candidate genes for aquaculture applications to treat fish diseases. ..
- Ochi H, Westerfield M. Lbx2 regulates formation of myofibrils. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:13 pubmed publisher..Expression of myofilament genes, including actin and myosin, requires the engrailed repressor domain of Lbx2. Our results elucidate a new function of Lbx2 as a regulator of myofibril formation. ..
- Gong Z, Wan H, Tay T, Wang H, Chen M, Yan T. Development of transgenic fish for ornamental and bioreactor by strong expression of fluorescent proteins in the skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:58-63 pubmed..protein (YFP), and red fluorescent protein (RFP or dsRed), were expressed under a strong muscle-specific mylz2 promoter in stable lines of transgenic zebrafish...
- Wan H, He J, Ju B, Yan T, Lam T, Gong Z. Generation of two-color transgenic zebrafish using the green and red fluorescent protein reporter genes gfp and rfp. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2002;4:146-54 pubmed..in skin epithelia in embryos, and the other promoter (MLC) from a muscle-specific gene encodes a myosin light chain 2 polypeptide...
- Peng K, Pan C, Chou H, Chen J. Using an improved Tol2 transposon system to produce transgenic zebrafish with epinecidin-1 which enhanced resistance to bacterial infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:905-17 pubmed publisher..First, we cloned the zebrafish mylz2 promoter for this purpose...
- Lin S, Fan T, Wu J, Hui C, Chen J. Immune response and inhibition of bacterial growth by electrotransfer of plasmid DNA containing the antimicrobial peptide, epinecidin-1, into zebrafish muscle. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;26:451-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate that electroporation of epinecidin-1 might have provoked an inflammatory response that accounts for the improvement in bacterial clearance...
- Lindeman L, Winata C, Aanes H, Mathavan S, Alestrom P, Collas P. Chromatin states of developmentally-regulated genes revealed by DNA and histone methylation patterns in zebrafish embryos. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:803-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that differentially expressed embryonic genes are regulated by various patterns of histone modifications on unmethylated DNA, which create a developmentally permissive chromatin state. ..
- Li X, Nie F, Yin Z, He J. Enhanced hyperplasia in muscles of transgenic zebrafish expressing Follistatin1. Sci China Life Sci. 2011;54:159-65 pubmed publisher..using the promoter of the zebrafish skeletal muscle-specific gene, myosin, light polypeptide 2, skeletal muscle (Mylz2)...
- Hinits Y, Williams V, Sweetman D, Donn T, Ma T, Moens C, et al. Defective cranial skeletal development, larval lethality and haploinsufficiency in Myod mutant zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;358:102-12 pubmed publisher..As myod expression is restricted to myogenic cells, the data show that myogenesis is essential for proper skeletogenesis in the head. ..
- Chen Z, Huang W, Dahme T, Rottbauer W, Ackerman M, Xu X. Depletion of zebrafish essential and regulatory myosin light chains reduces cardiac function through distinct mechanisms. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;79:97-108 pubmed publisher..RLCs may have distinct pathological characteristics during disease progression. ..