Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: myhz1.1
Description: myosin, heavy polypeptide 1.1, skeletal muscle
Alias: cb20, etID37302.5, fb37e12, fmyhc1.1, myhc3, myhc4, myhz1, myo2hc1, sb:cb20, si:ch211-158m24.7, wu:fb26a08, wu:fb26f12, wu:fb37e12, myosin, heavy polypeptide 1.1, skeletal muscle, fast MyHC, myosin, heavy polypeptide 1, skeletal muscle
- Nord H, Burguiere A, Muck J, Nord C, Ahlgren U, Von Hofsten J. Differential regulation of myosin heavy chains defines new muscle domains in zebrafish. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1384-95 pubmed publisher..2. In summary, we identify new muscle domains along the anteroposterior axis in the zebrafish that are defined by individual nonoverlapping, differentially regulated expression of myosin heavy chain isoforms. ..
- Devakanmalai G, Zumrut H, Ozbudak E. Cited3 activates Mef2c to control muscle cell differentiation and survival. Biol Open. 2013;2:505-14 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that Cited3 is a critical transcriptional coactivator functioning during muscle differentiation and its absence leads to defects in terminal differentiation and survival of muscle cells. ..
- Bessarab D, Chong S, Srinivas B, Korzh V. Six1a is required for the onset of fast muscle differentiation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;323:216-28 pubmed publisher..Exclusion of muscle-specific transcripts, myhz1 and tpma, from the dorsal and posterior part of somites demonstrated early abnormalities in fast muscle formation...
- Sztal T, Berger S, Currie P, Hall T. Characterization of the laminin gene family and evolution in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:422-31 pubmed publisher..Together, these data represent a fundamental resource for the study of vertebrate laminins. ..
- Chong S, Nguyet L, Jiang Y, Korzh V. The chemokine Sdf-1 and its receptor Cxcr4 are required for formation of muscle in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed..This demonstrated a role of chemokine signaling during development of skeletal muscles. ..
- Yogev O, Williams V, Hinits Y, Hughes S. eIF4EBP3L acts as a gatekeeper of TORC1 in activity-dependent muscle growth by specifically regulating Mef2ca translational initiation. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001679 pubmed publisher..We suggest that by selectively inhibiting translational initiation of mef2ca and other mRNAs, eIF4EBP3L reprograms the translational profile of muscle, enabling it to adjust to new environmental conditions. ..
- Mathieu J, Griffin K, Herbomel P, Dickmeis T, Strahle U, Kimelman D, et al. Nodal and Fgf pathways interact through a positive regulatory loop and synergize to maintain mesodermal cell populations. Development. 2004;131:629-41 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate synergy between oep and fgf8 that operates with regional differences and is involved in the induction, maintenance, movement and survival of mesodermal cell populations. ..
- Asaduzzaman M, Shakur Ahammad A, Asakawa S, Kinoshita S, Watabe S. 5'-flanking sequences of zebrafish fast myosin heavy chain genes regulate unique expression in the anterior, medial subsection and posterior tail somites of the skeletal muscle. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;191:1-12 pubmed publisher..Here, we examined the regulation of spatio-temporal expression patterns of myhz1 (myhz1.1, myhz1.2 and myhz1...
- Pilorge M, Fassier C, Le Corronc H, Potey A, Bai J, De Gois S, et al. Genetic and functional analyses demonstrate a role for abnormal glycinergic signaling in autism. Mol Psychiatry. 2016;21:936-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results implicate GLRA2 in non-syndromic ASD, unveil a novel role for GLRA2 in synaptic plasticity and learning and memory, and link altered glycinergic signaling to social and cognitive impairments. ..
- Siddique B, Kinoshita S, Wongkarangkana C, Asakawa S, Watabe S. Evolution and Distribution of Teleost myomiRNAs: Functionally Diversified myomiRs in Teleosts. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2016;18:436-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest functional diversification of myomiRs in teleost with the diversification of host MYHs. ..
- Kotani T, Kawakami K. Misty somites, a maternal effect gene identified by transposon-mediated insertional mutagenesis in zebrafish that is essential for the somite boundary maintenance. Dev Biol. 2008;316:383-96 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Tol2 transposon mediated gene trap method is powerful to identify a novel gene involved in vertebrate development. ..
- Sittaramane V, Chandrasekhar A. Expression of unconventional myosin genes during neuronal development in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:161-70 pubmed..Specific myosins are expressed in particular neuronal or neuroepithelial cell types in the developing zebrafish nervous system, spanning the periods of neuronal differentiation and migration, and of growth cone guidance and motility. ..
- Wu H, Brennan C, Ashworth R. Ryanodine receptors, a family of intracellular calcium ion channels, are expressed throughout early vertebrate development. BMC Res Notes. 2011;4:541 pubmed publisher..These studies will facilitate further work to explore the developmental function of RyRs in each of these tissue types. ..