Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: myf6
Description: myogenic factor 6
Alias: herculin, mrf4, myogenic factor 6, muscle-specific regulatory factor 4, myf-6
- Maak S, Neumann K, Swalve H. Identification and analysis of putative regulatory sequences for the MYF5/MYF6 locus in different vertebrate species. Gene. 2006;379:141-7 pubmed..We performed a comparative sequence analysis of the MYF5/MYF6 locus in swine, cattle, dog, chicken and zebrafish on the basis of structural and functional information from human ..
- Housley M, Reischauer S, Dieu M, Raes M, Stainier D, Vanhollebeke B. Translational profiling through biotinylation of tagged ribosomes in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3988-93 pubmed publisher..Through this work we have thus developed additional tools for highly specific gene expression profiling. ..
- Amaral I, Johnston I. Circadian expression of clock and putative clock-controlled genes in skeletal muscle of the zebrafish. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R193-206 pubmed publisher..7-fold for the repressor per1a. Out of 32 candidate clock-controlled genes, only myf6, igfbp3, igfbp5b, and hsf2 showed circadian expression patterns...
- Delgado Olguin P, Brand Arzamendi K, Scott I, Jungblut B, Stainier D, Bruneau B, et al. CTCF promotes muscle differentiation by modulating the activity of myogenic regulatory factors. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:12483-94 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CTCF modulates MRF functional interactions in the orchestration of myogenesis. ..
- Schnapp E, Pistocchi A, Karampetsou E, Foglia E, Lamia C, Cotelli F, et al. Induced early expression of mrf4 but not myog rescues myogenesis in the myod/myf5 double-morphant zebrafish embryo. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:481-8 pubmed publisher..but their role has been studied in great detail only in the mouse embryo, where all but myogenin--Myod, Myf5 and Mrf4--are sufficient to activate (albeit not completely) skeletal myogenesis...
- Ulloa P, Peña A, Lizama C, Araneda C, Iturra P, Neira R, et al. Growth response and expression of muscle growth-related candidate genes in adult zebrafish fed plant and fishmeal protein-based diets. Zebrafish. 2013;10:99-109 pubmed publisher..At 98?dpf, growth-related genes Igf1a, Igf2a, mTOR, Pld1a, Mrf4, Myod, Myogenin, and Myostatin1b were evaluated...
- Osborn D, Li K, Hinits Y, Hughes S. Cdkn1c drives muscle differentiation through a positive feedback loop with Myod. Dev Biol. 2011;350:464-75 pubmed publisher..Cdkn1c co-operates with Myod to drive differentiation of several early zebrafish muscle fibre types. Myod in turn up-regulates cdkn1c, thereby providing a positive feedback loop that switches myogenic cells to terminal differentiation. ..
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Carvajal J, Rigby P, Hughes S. Mrf4 (myf6) is dynamically expressed in differentiated zebrafish skeletal muscle. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:738-45 pubmedMrf4 (Myf6) is a member of the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) myogenic regulatory transcription factor (MRF) family, which also contains Myod, Myf5 and myogenin...
- Zhang J, Laurence Souders C, Denslow N, Martyniuk C. Quercetin, a natural product supplement, impairs mitochondrial bioenergetics and locomotor behavior in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:30-38 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that quercetin may affect locomotion and induce deformities in zebrafish larvae by diminishing ATP production and by altering the expression of transcripts related to muscle formation and activity. ..
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Hughes S. Differential requirements for myogenic regulatory factors distinguish medial and lateral somitic, cranial and fin muscle fibre populations. Development. 2009;136:403-14 pubmed publisher..However, the roles of each gene in myogenesis remain unclear, owing partly to genetic linkage at the Myf5/Mrf4 locus and to rapid morphogenetic movements in the amniote somite...