Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: myf5
Description: myogenic factor 5
Alias: cb641, myf-5, zgc:110509, myogenic factor 5, myogenic regulatory factor 5
- Hsu R, Yang H, Tsai H. Labeled microRNA pull-down assay system: an experimental approach for high-throughput identification of microRNA-target mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:e77 pubmed publisher..elegans and zebrafish, yielding fewer false positive results than those produced by using only the bioinformatics approach. ..
- Groves J, Hammond C, Hughes S. Fgf8 drives myogenic progression of a novel lateral fast muscle fibre population in zebrafish. Development. 2005;132:4211-22 pubmed..In the absence of Fgf8, lateral somite cells transiently express myf5 but fail to make muscle and remain in a dermomyotome-like state characterised by pax3 and meox expression...
- Langenau D, Keefe M, Storer N, Guyon J, Kutok J, Le X, et al. Effects of RAS on the genesis of embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1382-95 pubmed..When coupled with gene expression studies of this cell population, we propose that the zebrafish RMS cancer stem cell shares similar self-renewal programs as those found in activated satellite cells...
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Hughes S. Differential requirements for myogenic regulatory factors distinguish medial and lateral somitic, cranial and fin muscle fibre populations. Development. 2009;136:403-14 pubmed publisher..However, the roles of each gene in myogenesis remain unclear, owing partly to genetic linkage at the Myf5/Mrf4 locus and to rapid morphogenetic movements in the amniote somite...
- Lin C, Chen W, Lee H, Yang P, Yang H, Tsai H. The transcription factor Six1a plays an essential role in the craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;331:152-66 pubmed publisher..Although Six1a was also necessary for myod and myogenin expression in head muscles, it did not affect myf5 expression in cranial muscles that originate from head mesoderm...
- Wang Y, Chen Y, Lu J, Tsai H. A 23-amino acid motif spanning the basic domain targets zebrafish myogenic regulatory factor myf5 into nucleolus. DNA Cell Biol. 2005;24:651-60 pubmedb>Myf5 is a nuclear protein and one of the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) myogenic factors that play an important role in muscle specification and differentiation. The motif responsible for the nuclear translocation of Myf5 was unknown...
- Ingham P, Kim H. Hedgehog signalling and the specification of muscle cell identity in the zebrafish embryo. Exp Cell Res. 2005;306:336-42 pubmed..Distinct muscle cell identities are induced by varying levels of signalling activity. The SET domain transcription factor, Blimp1, is a key target of Hedgehog signalling in this process. ..
- Chen Y, Tsai H. Treatment with Myf5-morpholino results in somite patterning and brain formation defects in zebrafish. Differentiation. 2002;70:447-56 pubmed..To study its biological functions in zebrafish, we injected the Myf5-morpholinos ZMF-MO (antisense nucleotides 28 to 52) and ZMF-OTHER (antisense nucleotides 3 to 27) into zebrafish ..
- Hsu R, Lin C, Hoi H, Zheng S, Lin C, Tsai H. Novel intronic microRNA represses zebrafish myf5 promoter activity through silencing dickkopf-3 gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:4384-93 pubmed publisherA strong, negative cis-element located at the first intron +502/+835 (I300) of zebrafish myf5 has been reported...
- Osborn D, Li K, Hinits Y, Hughes S. Cdkn1c drives muscle differentiation through a positive feedback loop with Myod. Dev Biol. 2011;350:464-75 pubmed publisher..Cdkn1c co-operates with Myod to drive differentiation of several early zebrafish muscle fibre types. Myod in turn up-regulates cdkn1c, thereby providing a positive feedback loop that switches myogenic cells to terminal differentiation. ..
- Chen Y, Lee W, Liu C, Tsai H. Molecular structure, dynamic expression, and promoter analysis of zebrafish (Danio rerio) myf-5 gene. Genesis. 2001;29:22-35 pubmed..Results showed that a small, 82 bp (nucleotide positions from -82 to -1), regulatory cassette is sufficient to control the somite- and stage-specific expression of zebrafish myf-5 during early development. ..
- Li Y, Chen H, Li Y, Wu S, Wangta Liu -, Lin G, et al. Progranulin regulates zebrafish muscle growth and regeneration through maintaining the pool of myogenic progenitor cells. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1176 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate a critical role for PGRN in the maintenance of MPC and suggest that muscle atrophy under PGRN loss may begin with MPC during postembryonic myogenesis. ..
- Hsu R, Lin C, Su Y, Tsai H. dickkopf-3-related gene regulates the expression of zebrafish myf5 gene through phosphorylated p38a-dependent Smad4 activity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:6855-64 pubmed publisherb>Myf5 is a myogenic regulatory factor that functions in myogenesis. An intronic microRNA, miR-In300, located within zebrafish myf5 intron I, has been reported to silence myf5 through the targeting of dickkopf-3-related gene (dkk3r)...
- Cortes F, Daggett D, Bryson Richardson R, Neyt C, Maule J, Gautier P, et al. Cadherin-mediated differential cell adhesion controls slow muscle cell migration in the developing zebrafish myotome. Dev Cell. 2003;5:865-76 pubmed..Removing or altering the expression of either protein within the myotome perturbs migration. These results provide a definitive example of homophilic cell adhesion shaping cellular behavior during vertebrate development. ..
- Lin C, Chen Y, Lee H, Tsai H. Novel cis-element in intron 1 represses somite expression of zebrafish myf-5. Gene. 2004;334:63-72 pubmed..This is the first study to identify a novel, cis-acting silencer in intron 1 that is crucial to negatively regulating zebrafish myf-5 expression. ..
- Seger C, Hargrave M, Wang X, Chai R, Elworthy S, Ingham P. Analysis of Pax7 expressing myogenic cells in zebrafish muscle development, injury, and models of disease. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2440-51 pubmed publisher..We also analyzed Pax7(+ve) cells in animals with dystrophic phenotypes and found an increased number compared with wild-type. ..
- Lee C, Hu S, Gong H, Chen M, Lu J, Wu J. Suppression of myostatin with vector-based RNA interference causes a double-muscle effect in transgenic zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:766-71 pubmed publisher..Also, the mRNA levels of myogenic regulatory factor markers such as MyoD, myogenin, Mrf4, and Myf5 were dramatically elevated in myostatin-suppressed transgenic fish compared to the non-transgenic controls...
- Lee H, Huang H, Lin C, Chen Y, Tsai H. Foxd3 mediates zebrafish myf5 expression during early somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;290:359-72 pubmedb>Myf5, one of the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, controls muscle differentiation and is expressed in somites during early embryogenesis...
- Snow C, Peterson M, Khalil A, Henry C. Muscle development is disrupted in zebrafish embryos deficient for fibronectin. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2542-53 pubmed publisher..Fast- and slow-twitch muscle lengths are also more frequently uncoupled. These data suggest that fn may function to regulate fiber organization and limit fast-twitch muscle fiber length. ..
- Yang J, Wang J, Zeng Z, Qiao L, Zhuang L, Jiang L, et al. Smad4 is required for the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. Differentiation. 2016;92:161-168 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that smad4 plays an important role in heart and skeletal muscle development. ..
- Lin C, Chen J, Loo M, Hsiao C, Chang W, Tsai H. MicroRNA-3906 regulates fast muscle differentiation through modulating the target gene homer-1b in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70187 pubmed publisherA microRNA, termed miR-In300 or miR-3906, suppresses the transcription of myf5 through silencing dickkopf-related protein 3 (dkk3r/dkk3a) during early development when myf5 is highly transcribed, but not at late stages when myf5 ..
- Tan X, Hoang L, Du S. Characterization of muscle-regulatory genes, Myf5 and myogenin, from striped bass and promoter analysis of muscle-specific expression. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2002;4:537-45 pubmedb>Myf5 and Myogenin are basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors that belong to the muscle regulatory factor (MRF) gene family, which plays important roles in regulating skeletal muscle development and growth...
- Cerda G, Hargrave M, Lewis K. RNA profiling of FAC-sorted neurons from the developing zebrafish spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:150-61 pubmed publisher..This protocol for dissociating, sorting and RNA-profiling neurons from organogenesis-stage zebrafish embryos should also be applicable to other developing organs and tissues and potentially other model organisms. ..
- Mukherjee K, Ishii K, Pillalamarri V, Kammin T, Atkin J, Hickey S, et al. Actin capping protein CAPZB regulates cell morphology, differentiation, and neural crest migration in craniofacial morphogenesisâ€ . Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1255-70 pubmed publisher..In addition, capzb over-expression results in embryonic lethality. Therefore, proper capzb dosage is important during embryogenesis, and regulates both cell behavior and tissue morphogenesis. ..
- Wang X, Ono Y, Tan S, Chai R, Parkin C, Ingham P. Prdm1a and miR-499 act sequentially to restrict Sox6 activity to the fast-twitch muscle lineage in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2011;138:4399-404 pubmed publisher..We find that translational repression of sox6 is mediated by miR-499, the slow-twitch-specific expression of which is in turn controlled by Prdm1a, forming a regulatory loop that initiates and maintains the slow-twitch muscle lineage. ..
- Algama M, Tasker E, Williams C, Parslow A, Bryson Richardson R, Keith J. Genome-wide identification of conserved intronic non-coding sequences using a Bayesian segmentation approach. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:259 pubmed publisher..We attribute the higher sensitivity of the pathway-focussed analysis compared to the genome-wide analysis to improved alignment quality, suggesting that enhanced genomic alignments may reveal many more conserved intronic sequences. ..
- Knight R, Mebus K, D Angelo A, Yokoya K, Heanue T, Roehl H. Ret signalling integrates a craniofacial muscle module during development. Development. 2011;138:2015-24 pubmed publisher..We propose that Ret signalling regulates myogenesis in head muscles in a modular manner and that this is achieved by restricting Ret function to a subset of muscle precursors. ..
- Koudijs M, den Broeder M, Groot E, van Eeden F. Genetic analysis of the two zebrafish patched homologues identifies novel roles for the hedgehog signaling pathway. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:15 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these mutants will provide a useful system to further investigate the consequences of constitutively activated Hh signaling during vertebrate development. ..
- Lou Q, He J, Hu L, Yin Z. Role of lbx2 in the noncanonical Wnt signaling pathway for convergence and extension movements and hypaxial myogenesis in zebrafish. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:1024-32 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the key noncanonical Wnt signaling components Wnt5, Dvl, and RhoA are downstream effectors involved in the regulative roles of lbx2 in CE movement and hypaxial myogenesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Devakanmalai G, Zumrut H, Ozbudak E. Cited3 activates Mef2c to control muscle cell differentiation and survival. Biol Open. 2013;2:505-14 pubmed publisher..experiments placed cited3 into a gene regulatory network, where it acts downstream of Hedgehog signaling and myoD/myf5 but upstream of mef2c...
- Zhang Y, Tan X, Sun W, Xu P, Zhang P, Xu Y. Characterization of flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) FoxD3 and its function in regulating myogenic regulatory factors. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2011;47:399-405 pubmed publisher..A recent study showed that zebrafish FoxD3 is a downstream gene of Pax3 and can mediate the expression of Myf5. To further understand the function of FoxD3 in fish muscle development, we isolated the FoxD3 gene from flounder, ..
- Hamade A, Deries M, Begemann G, Bally Cuif L, Genet C, Sabatier F, et al. Retinoic acid activates myogenesis in vivo through Fgf8 signalling. Dev Biol. 2006;289:127-40 pubmed..The expression dynamics of myf5 in presomitic and somitic mesoderm suggest that RA promotes muscle differentiation, a role supported by the fact ..
- Chong S, Nguyet L, Jiang Y, Korzh V. The chemokine Sdf-1 and its receptor Cxcr4 are required for formation of muscle in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed..Disrupting this chemokine signal caused a reduction in myoD and myf5 expression and fast fiber formation...
- Fu C, Su Y, Lee M, Chang G, Tsai H. Zebrafish Dkk3a protein regulates the activity of myf5 promoter through interaction with membrane receptor integrin ?6b. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40031-42 pubmed publisherMyogenic regulatory factor Myf5 plays important roles in muscle development...
- Batut J, DuboÃ© C, Vandel L. Expression patterns of CREB binding protein (CREBBP) and its methylated species during zebrafish development. Int J Dev Biol. 2015;59:229-34 pubmed publisher..This suggests that methylation may regulate CREBBP import to the nucleus during zebrafish development and could therefore participate in the control of early developmental processes. ..
- Delgado Olguin P, Brand Arzamendi K, Scott I, Jungblut B, Stainier D, Bruneau B, et al. CTCF promotes muscle differentiation by modulating the activity of myogenic regulatory factors. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:12483-94 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CTCF modulates MRF functional interactions in the orchestration of myogenesis. ..
- Tan X, Zhang Y, Zhang P, Xu P, Xu Y. Molecular structure and expression patterns of flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) Myf-5, a myogenic regulatory factor. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;145:204-13 pubmed..In the hatching stage, the expression was also detected in other muscle cells such as head muscle and fin muscle. In the growing fish, RT-PCR results showed that Myf-5 was expressed in the skeletal muscle and intestine. ..
- Ignatius M, Chen E, Elpek N, Fuller A, Tenente I, Clagg R, et al. In vivo imaging of tumor-propagating cells, regional tumor heterogeneity, and dynamic cell movements in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:680-93 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that ERMS-propagating potential is confined to myf5+ cells and can be visualized in live, fluorescent transgenic zebrafish...
- Cao J, Li S, Shao M, Cheng X, Xu Z, Shi D. The PDZ-containing unconventional myosin XVIIIA regulates embryonic muscle integrity in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:417-28 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MYO18A likely functions in the adhesion process that maintains the stable attachment of myofibers to ECM (extracellular matrix) and muscle integrity during early development. ..
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Sagara H, Munakata M, Hisaki Y, Sekiya T, et al. Smyd5 plays pivotal roles in both primitive and definitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:29157 pubmed publisher..As the expression of myeloid markers was elevated in smyd5 loss-of-function zebrafish, we propose that Smyd5 plays critical roles in hematopoiesis. ..
- Lin C, Lee H, Chen H, Hsieh C, Tsai H. Normal function of Myf5 during gastrulation is required for pharyngeal arch cartilage development in zebrafish embryos. Zebrafish. 2013;10:486-99 pubmed publisherb>Myf5, a myogenic regulatory factor, plays a key role in regulating muscle differentiation. However, it is not known if Myf5 has a regulatory role during early embryogenesis...
- Batut J, Duboé C, Vandel L. The methyltransferases PRMT4/CARM1 and PRMT5 control differentially myogenesis in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25427 pubmed publisher..While PRMT5 regulates myod, myf5 and myogenin expression and thereby slow and fast fiber formation, PRMT4/CARM1 regulates myogenin expression, fast ..
- Xu C, Wu G, Zohar Y, Du S. Analysis of myostatin gene structure, expression and function in zebrafish. J Exp Biol. 2003;206:4067-79 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that Myostatin plays an inhibitory role in hyperplastic muscle growth in zebrafish. ..
- Amaral I, Johnston I. Circadian expression of clock and putative clock-controlled genes in skeletal muscle of the zebrafish. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R193-206 pubmed publisher..The role of circadian clocks in regulating muscle maintenance and growth are discussed. ..
- Wohlgemuth S, Crawford B, Pilgrim D. The myosin co-chaperone UNC-45 is required for skeletal and cardiac muscle function in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2007;303:483-92 pubmed..These results suggest that Unc45b acts as a chaperone that aids in the folding of myosin isoforms required for skeletal, cranial and cardiac muscle contraction. ..
- Dal Pra S, Fürthauer M, Van Celst J, Thisse B, Thisse C. Noggin1 and Follistatin-like2 function redundantly to Chordin to antagonize BMP activity. Dev Biol. 2006;298:514-26 pubmed
- Lee H, Tseng W, Lo F, Liu T, Tsai H. FoxD5 mediates anterior-posterior polarity through upstream modulator Fgf signaling during zebrafish somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;336:232-45 pubmed publisher..An Fgf-FoxD5-Mesps signaling network is therefore proposed. ..
- Yang J, Zeng Z, Wei J, Jiang L, Ma Q, Wu M, et al. Sema4d is required for the development of the hindbrain boundary and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:213-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that sema4d plays an important role in the development of the hindbrain and skeletal muscle. ..
- Ochi H, Westerfield M. Lbx2 regulates formation of myofibrils. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:13 pubmed publisher..Expression of myofilament genes, including actin and myosin, requires the engrailed repressor domain of Lbx2. Our results elucidate a new function of Lbx2 as a regulator of myofibril formation. ..
- Yamakoshi K, Shishido Y, Shimoda N. Generation of aberrant transcripts of and free DNA ends in zebrafish no tail gene. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2005;7:163-72 pubmed..DSEs were also generated in another zebrafish gene, noggin2 (nog2). DSEs in ntl and nog2 had common characteristics, which suggested that the AT repeats in these genes elicited DSEs by blocking progression of the replication. ..
- Chen J, Galloway J. The development of zebrafish tendon and ligament progenitors. Development. 2014;141:2035-45 pubmed publisher..Within this context, the zebrafish model can be used to provide new avenues for studying tendon biology in a vertebrate genetic system. ..
- Chen Y, Wang Y, Chang M, Lin C, Weng C, Westerfield M, et al. Multiple upstream modules regulate zebrafish myf5 expression. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:1 pubmedb>Myf5 is one member of the basic helix-loop-helix family of transcription factors, and it functions as a myogenic factor that is important for the specification and differentiation of muscle cells...
- Seiliez I, Médale F, Aguirre P, Larquier M, Lanneretonne L, Alami Durante H, et al. Postprandial regulation of growth- and metabolism-related factors in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2013;10:237-48 pubmed publisher..In the muscle, refeeding increased transcript levels of myogenesis (Myf5, Myogenin), inhibited those of Ub-proteasomal proteolytic system (Atrogin1, Murf1a, Murf1b), and induced the ..
- Minchin J, Williams V, Hinits Y, Low S, Tandon P, Fan C, et al. Oesophageal and sternohyal muscle fibres are novel Pax3-dependent migratory somite derivatives essential for ingestion. Development. 2013;140:2972-84 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate Pax3-expressing somite cells as a source of OSM and SHM fibres, and highlight a conserved role of Pax3 genes in the genesis of these feeding muscles of vertebrates. ..
- Figueiredo M, Mareco E, Silva M, Marins L. Muscle-specific growth hormone receptor (GHR) overexpression induces hyperplasia but not hypertrophy in transgenic zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2012;21:457-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it seems that hypertrophy and hyperplasia follow two different routes for entire muscle growth, both of them triggered by GHR activation, but regulated by different mechanisms. ..
- Myhre J, Hills J, Jean F, Pilgrim D. Unc45b is essential for early myofibrillogenesis and costamere formation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;390:26-40 pubmed publisher..This represents a novel role for Unc45b in the earliest stages of muscle development that is independent of muscle mMHC folding. ..
- Wang Y, Li C, Lee G, Tsay H, Tsai H, Chen Y. Inactivation of zebrafish mrf4 leads to myofibril misalignment and motor axon growth disorganization. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1043-50 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mrf4_tv2 is involved in alignment of muscle fibers, and Mrf4_tv1 might have cooperative function with Mrf4_tv2 in muscle fiber alignment, without affecting the muscle-nerve connection. ..
- Gao Y, Dai Z, Shi C, Zhai G, Jin X, He J, et al. Depletion of Myostatin b Promotes Somatic Growth and Lipid Metabolism in Zebrafish. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2016;7:88 pubmed publisher..Our mstnb-deficient model could be valuable in understanding not only the growth trait regulation in teleosts but also the mechanisms of teleost energy metabolism. ..
- Wardle F, Odom D, Bell G, Yuan B, Danford T, Wiellette E, et al. Zebrafish promoter microarrays identify actively transcribed embryonic genes. Genome Biol. 2006;7:R71 pubmed..This approach will allow investigators to determine the genomic binding locations of DNA interacting proteins during development and expedite the assembly of the genetic networks that regulate embryogenesis. ..
- Storer N, White R, Uong A, Price E, Nielsen G, Langenau D, et al. Zebrafish rhabdomyosarcoma reflects the developmental stage of oncogene expression during myogenesis. Development. 2013;140:3040-50 pubmed publisher..Tumor-propagating activity was enriched in myf5-expressing cell populations within all of the tumor types...
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Yamaguchi K, Watanabe S, Furukawa Y. Smyd3 is required for the development of cardiac and skeletal muscle in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23491 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Smyd3 plays an important role in the development of heart and skeletal muscle. ..
- Knappe S, Zammit P, Knight R. A population of Pax7-expressing muscle progenitor cells show differential responses to muscle injury dependent on developmental stage and injury extent. Front Aging Neurosci. 2015;7:161 pubmed publisher..We found that both small focal injuries, and large injuries affecting the entire myotome, lead to expression of myf5 and myogenin, which was prolonged in older larvae, indicating a slower process of regeneration...
- Lee G, Chang M, Hsu C, Chen Y. Essential roles of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, Capsulin and Musculin, during craniofacial myogenesis of zebrafish. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:4065-78 pubmed publisher..Both myf5 and myod transcripts are down-regulated in the Capsulin-morphant while myod transcripts are up-regulated in the ..
- Amali A, Lin C, Chen Y, Wang W, Gong H, Lee C, et al. Up-regulation of muscle-specific transcription factors during embryonic somitogenesis of zebrafish (Danio rerio) by knock-down of myostatin-1. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:847-56 pubmed..and Mck transcription, whereas IGF-2 transcription showed mild response with no effect on IGF-1, Desmin, and Myf5. In situ hybridization showed that there was an increase in the number of somites from 3 to 4 at 13 and 22 hpf...
- Housley M, Reischauer S, Dieu M, Raes M, Stainier D, Vanhollebeke B. Translational profiling through biotinylation of tagged ribosomes in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3988-93 pubmed publisher..Through this work we have thus developed additional tools for highly specific gene expression profiling. ..
- Albacker C, Storer N, Langdon E, DiBiase A, Zhou Y, Langenau D, et al. The histone methyltransferase SUV39H1 suppresses embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma formation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64969 pubmed publisher..Gene expression profiling at these stages revealed that in the context of KRAS(G12D) overexpression, SUV39H1 may suppress cell cycle progression. Our studies provide evidence for the role of SUV39H1 as a tumor suppressor...