Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: myca
Description: MYC proto-oncogene, bHLH transcription factor a
Alias: MYC, c-myc, cmyc, zc-myc, transcriptional regulator Myc-A, C-Myc1, c-Myc-A, cellular myelocytomatosis oncogene, cmyca, myelocytomatosis oncogene a, v-myc avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog a
- Meijer A, van der Sar A, Cunha C, Lamers G, Laplante M, Kikuta H, et al. Identification and real-time imaging of a myc-expressing neutrophil population involved in inflammation and mycobacterial granuloma formation in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2008;32:36-49 pubmed..Its enhancer detection insertion was mapped near a novel member of the myc proto-oncogene family, encoding transcription factors known to be important for regulating human myelopoiesis...
- Jönsson M, Kubota A, Timme Laragy A, Woodin B, Stegeman J. Ahr2-dependence of PCB126 effects on the swim bladder in relation to expression of CYP1 and cox-2 genes in developing zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;265:166-74 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that PCB126 blocks swim bladder inflation via an Ahr2-mediated mechanism. This mechanism seems independent of CYP1 or cox-2 mRNA induction but may involve abnormal development of swim bladder cells. ..
- Schall K, Holoyda K, Isani M, Schlieve C, Salisbury T, Khuu T, et al. Intestinal adaptation in proximal and distal segments: Two epithelial responses diverge after intestinal separation. Surgery. 2017;161:1016-1027 pubmed publisher..transcription quantitative polymerase chain reaction was performed for ?-catenin, CyclinD1, Sox9a, Sox9b, and c-Myc. Proximal intestine demonstrated significantly increased adaptation compared to sham-operated proximal intestine, ..
- Rossell R, Chen C, Dai R, Howard J, Hochgeschwender U, Jarvis E. Mammalian genes induce partially reprogrammed pluripotent stem cells in non-mammalian vertebrate and invertebrate species. elife. 2013;2:e00036 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the stem-cell state may be highly conserved across a wide phylogenetic range. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.00036.001...
- Ko S, Choi T, Russell J, So J, Monga S, Shin D. Bromodomain and extraterminal (BET) proteins regulate biliary-driven liver regeneration. J Hepatol. 2016;64:316-325 pubmed publisher..Importantly, Myca overexpression, in part, rescued the proliferation defect...
- Gutierrez A, Grebliunaite R, Feng H, Kozakewich E, Zhu S, Guo F, et al. Pten mediates Myc oncogene dependence in a conditional zebrafish model of T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. J Exp Med. 2011;208:1595-603 pubmed publisherThe MYC oncogenic transcription factor is overexpressed in most human cases of T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL), often downstream of mutational NOTCH1 activation...
- Zhai G, Song J, Shu T, Yan J, Jin X, He J, et al. LRH-1 senses signaling from phosphatidylcholine to regulate the expansion growth of digestive organs via synergy with Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2017;44:307-317 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence for the crosstalk between the PC/LRH-1 and Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathways during the expansion growth of endoderm organs. ..
- Fang X, Thornton C, Scheffler B, Willett K. Benzo[a]pyrene decreases global and gene specific DNA methylation during zebrafish development. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013;36:40-50 pubmed publisher..such as ras-association domain family member 1 (rassf1), telomerase reverse transcriptase (tert), c-jun, and c-myca. Similarly, BaP did not change gene expression of DNA methyltransferase 1 (dnmt1) and glycine N-methyltransferase (..
- Xia W, Hu J, Liu F, Ma J, Sun S, Zhang J, et al. New role of LRP5, associated with nonsyndromic autosomal-recessive hereditary hearing loss. Hum Mutat. 2017;38:1421-1431 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the LRP5 mutation influences cell proliferation through the Wnt signaling pathway, thereby reducing the number of supporting cells and hair cells and leading to nonsyndromic hearing loss in this Chinese family. ..
- Demir K, Kirsch N, Beretta C, Erdmann G, Ingelfinger D, Moro E, et al. RAB8B is required for activity and caveolar endocytosis of LRP6. Cell Rep. 2013;4:1224-34 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate RAB8B as an essential evolutionary conserved component of Wnt/?-catenin signaling through regulation of LRP6 activity and endocytosis. ..
- Kotkamp K, Kur E, Wendik B, Polok B, Ben Dor S, Onichtchouk D, et al. Pou5f1/Oct4 promotes cell survival via direct activation of mych expression during zebrafish gastrulation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92356 pubmed publisher..We analyzed the expression of all known zebrafish Myc family members, myca, mycb, mych, mycl1a, mycl1b, and mycn, by whole mount in situ hybridization during blastula and gastrula stages in ..
- Pfefferli C, Muller F, Jazwinska A, Wicky C. Specific NuRD components are required for fin regeneration in zebrafish. BMC Biol. 2014;12:30 pubmed publisher..These results provide in vivo evidence for the involvement of key epigenetic factors in the cellular reprogramming processes occurring during epimorphic regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- Yin J, Shine L, Raycroft F, Deeti S, Reynolds A, Ackerman K, et al. Inhibition of the Pim1 oncogene results in diminished visual function. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52177 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified that enhanced expression of Jak-Stat pathway genes correlates with maturation of visual function and that the Pim1 oncogene is required for normal visual function. ..
- Yang F, Xiong J, Jia X, Gu Z, Shi J, Zhao Y, et al. GSTT1 deletion is related to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons-induced DNA damage and lymphoma progression. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89302 pubmed publisher..PAH Benzo(a)pyrene, molecular silencing of gstt1 enhanced the proliferation of normal lymphocytes and upregulated myca expression...
- Rakshambikai R, Srinivasan N, Gadkari R. Repertoire of protein kinases encoded in the genome of zebrafish shows remarkably large population of PIM kinases. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2014;12:1350014 pubmed publisher..Hence, in depth analysis of PIM kinases in zebrafish has opened up new avenues of research to verify the model organism status of zebrafish. ..
- Imai F, Yoshizawa A, Matsuzaki A, Oguri E, Araragi M, Nishiwaki Y, et al. Stem-loop binding protein is required for retinal cell proliferation, neurogenesis, and intraretinal axon pathfinding in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;394:94-109 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate important roles of SLBP in retinal development. ..
- Milla L, Cortés C, Hodar C, Oñate M, Cambiazo V, Burgess S, et al. Yeast-based assay identifies novel Shh/Gli target genes in vertebrate development. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:2 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that in zebrafish embryos, Hh signaling regulates sfrp2, neo1, and c-myc expression in-vivo...
- Coutinho P, Pavlou S, Bhatia S, Chalmers K, Kleinjan D, van Heyningen V. Discovery and assessment of conserved Pax6 target genes and enhancers. Genome Res. 2011;21:1349-59 pubmed publisher..We have identified several novel direct targets, including some putative disease genes, among them Foxp2; these will allow further dissection of Pax6 function in development and disease. ..
- Khayrullin A, Smith L, Mistry D, Dukes A, Pan Y, Hamrick M. Chronic alcohol exposure induces muscle atrophy (myopathy) in zebrafish and alters the expression of microRNAs targeting the Notch pathway in skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;479:590-595 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, zebrafish may serve as a useful model for better understanding the role of microRNAs in alcohol-related tissue damage. ..
- Lush M, Piotrowski T. ErbB expressing Schwann cells control lateral line progenitor cells via non-cell-autonomous regulation of Wnt/?-catenin. elife. 2014;3:e01832 pubmed publisher..DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01832.001. ..
- Neal J, Peterson T, Kent M, Guillemin K. H. pylori virulence factor CagA increases intestinal cell proliferation by Wnt pathway activation in a transgenic zebrafish model. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:802-10 pubmed publisher..and showed significant upregulation of the Wnt target genes cyclinD1, axin2 and the zebrafish c-myc ortholog myca. Coexpression of CagA with a loss-of-function allele encoding the ?-catenin destruction complex protein Axin1 ..
- Zhao Y, Qin W, Zhang J, Hu Z, Tong J, Ding C, et al. HCV IRES-mediated core expression in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56985 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the feasibility of the zebrafish model for screening of anti-HCV drugs targeting to HCV-IRES. The zebrafish system provides a novel evidence of using zebrafish as a HCV model organism. ..
- Goessling W, North T, Lord A, Ceol C, Lee S, Weidinger G, et al. APC mutant zebrafish uncover a changing temporal requirement for wnt signaling in liver development. Dev Biol. 2008;320:161-74 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal an important and time-dependent role for wnt signaling during liver development and regeneration. ..
- Shi G, Cui Q, Pan Y, Sheng N, Sun S, Guo Y, et al. 6:2 Chlorinated polyfluorinated ether sulfonate, a PFOS alternative, induces embryotoxicity and disrupts cardiac development in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;185:67-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, exposure to F-53B impaired the development of zebrafish embryos and disrupted cardiac development, which might be mediated by effects on the Wnt signaling pathway and decrease of erythrocyte numbers. ..
- Margarit E, Armas P, GarcÃa Siburu N, Calcaterra N. CNBP modulates the transcription of Wnt signaling pathway components. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:1151-60 pubmed publisher..in a dose-dependent fashion the transcription of cdk14, ptk7 and tcf7l2, which in turn was reflected in c-myc, ccnd1 and axin2 expression...
- Anastasaki C, Estep A, Marais R, Rauen K, Patton E. Kinase-activating and kinase-impaired cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome alleles have activity during zebrafish development and are sensitive to small molecule inhibitors. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:2543-54 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we find a developmental window in which treatment with a MEK inhibitor can restore the normal early development of the embryo, without the additional, unwanted developmental effects of the drug. ..
- Liu N, Li Z, Pei D, Shu X. Zfyve9a regulates the proliferation of hepatic cells during zebrafish embryogenesis. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:773-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results reveal the liver-specific function of zfyve9a during early embryogenesis and indicate that the zfyve9a mediated signal is essential for the proliferation of hepatic cells during the expansion of liver bud. ..
- Karanth S, Zinkhan E, Hill J, Yost H, Schlegel A. FOXN3 Regulates Hepatic Glucose Utilization. Cell Rep. 2016;15:2745-55 pubmed publisher..Hepatic FOXN3 overexpression suppresses expression of mycb, whose ortholog MYC is known to directly stimulate expression of glucose-utilization enzymes...
- Lu H, Ma J, Yang Y, Shi W, Luo L. EpCAM is an endoderm-specific Wnt derepressor that licenses hepatic development. Dev Cell. 2013;24:543-53 pubmed publisher..Our results identify EpCAM as the key molecule and its functional mechanism to confer endodermal cells the competence to respond to the liver-inductive Wnt2bb signal. ..
- KovÃ¡cs R, Csenki Z, Bakos K, UrbÃ¡nyi B, HorvÃ¡th Ã, Garaj Vrhovac V, et al. Assessment of toxicity and genotoxicity of low doses of 5-fluorouracil in zebrafish (Danio rerio) two-generation study. Water Res. 2015;77:201-212 pubmed publisher..e., jun, myca)...
- Luo D, Hu W, Chen S, Zhu Z. Critical developmental stages for the efficiency of somatic cell nuclear transfer in zebrafish. Int J Biol Sci. 2011;7:476-86 pubmed
- Yin A, Korzh S, Winata C, Korzh V, Gong Z. Wnt signaling is required for early development of zebrafish swimbladder. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18431 pubmed publisher..Our functional analysis data indicated that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is required for swimbladder early development and we also provided evidence for the crosstalk between Wnt and Hh signaling in early swimbladder development. ..
- Yu K, Li G, Feng W, Liu L, Zhang J, Wu W, et al. Chlorpyrifos is estrogenic and alters embryonic hatching, cell proliferation and apoptosis in zebrafish. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;239:26-33 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression levels of c-myc, cyclin D1, Bax and Bcl-2, which are closely related to cell proliferation and cell apoptosis, were disturbed by ..
- Bessa J, Tavares M, Santos J, Kikuta H, Laplante M, Becker T, et al. meis1 regulates cyclin D1 and c-myc expression, and controls the proliferation of the multipotent cells in the early developing zebrafish eye. Development. 2008;135:799-803 pubmed publisher..This role in cell cycle control is mediated by meis1 regulating cyclin D1 and c-myc transcription...
- Nery L, Eltz N, Martins L, Guerim L, Pereira T, Bogo M, et al. Sustained behavioral effects of lithium exposure during early development in zebrafish: involvement of the Wnt-?-catenin signaling pathway. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2014;55:101-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zebrafish may be a valuable model for investigation of early effects of lithium that may be mediated by effects on the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Chakraborty A, Uechi T, Higa S, Torihara H, Kenmochi N. Loss of ribosomal protein L11 affects zebrafish embryonic development through a p53-dependent apoptotic response. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4152 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ribosomal dysfunction due to the loss of L11 activates a p53-dependent checkpoint response to prevent improper embryonic development. ..
- Shin D, Lee Y, Poss K, Stainier D. Restriction of hepatic competence by Fgf signaling. Development. 2011;138:1339-48 pubmed publisher..These data provide in vivo evidence that endodermal cells outside the liver-forming region retain hepatic competence and show that an extrinsic signal, Fgf10a, negatively regulates hepatic competence. ..
- Mönnich M, Kuriger Z, Print C, Horsfield J. A zebrafish model of Roberts syndrome reveals that Esco2 depletion interferes with development by disrupting the cell cycle. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20051 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, myca, which is downregulated in rad21 mutants, is upregulated in Esco2-depleted embryos...
- Lancman J, Zvenigorodsky N, Gates K, Zhang D, Solomon K, Humphrey R, et al. Specification of hepatopancreas progenitors in zebrafish by hnf1ba and wnt2bb. Development. 2013;140:2669-79 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings provide a new model for HNF1B function, yield insight into pancreas and ?-cell development, and suggest a new mechanism for hepatopancreatic specification...
- Ramachandran R, Fausett B, Goldman D. Ascl1a regulates Müller glia dedifferentiation and retinal regeneration through a Lin-28-dependent, let-7 microRNA signalling pathway. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:1101-7 pubmed publisher..that let-7 represses expression of regeneration-associated genes such as, ascl1a, hspd1, lin-28, oct4, pax6b and c-myc. hspd1, oct4 and c-myc(a) exhibit basal expression in the uninjured retina and let-7 may inhibit this expression to ..
- Coon B, Hernandez V, Madhivanan K, Mukherjee D, Hanna C, Barinaga Rementeria Ramírez I, et al. The Lowe syndrome protein OCRL1 is involved in primary cilia assembly. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:1835-47 pubmed publisher..This conceptual change in our understanding of the disease etiology may provide an alternative avenue for the development of therapies...
- Lin J, Chang L, Lai C, Lin K, Lin M, Yang C, et al. Development of an Animal Model for Alcoholic Liver Disease in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:271-80 pubmed publisher..As these data reflect characteristic liver damage by alcohol in humans, this zebrafish animal model may serve as a powerful tool to study the pathogenesis and treatment of ALD and its related disorders in humans. ..
- Stephens W, Senecal M, Nguyen M, Piotrowski T. Loss of adenomatous polyposis coli (apc) results in an expanded ciliary marginal zone in the zebrafish eye. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2066-77 pubmed publisher..stem cells can be identified by the expression of follistatin, otx1, and axin2 and the lack of expression of myca and cyclinD1...
- Weiner A, Allende M, Becker T, Calcaterra N. CNBP mediates neural crest cell expansion by controlling cell proliferation and cell survival during rostral head development. J Cell Biochem. 2007;102:1553-70 pubmed
- Feijóo C, Saldias M, De la Paz J, Gomez Skarmeta J, Allende M. Formation of posterior cranial placode derivatives requires the Iroquois transcription factor irx4a. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:328-37 pubmed publisher..Our results point to irx4a as a critical gene for numerous developmental processes and highlight its role in the formation of placodal derivatives in vertebrates. ..
- Alexander M, Kawahara G, Motohashi N, Casar J, Eisenberg I, Myers J, et al. MicroRNA-199a is induced in dystrophic muscle and affects WNT signaling, cell proliferation, and myogenic differentiation. Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:1194-208 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies identify miR-199a-5p as a potential regulator of myogenesis through suppression of WNT-signaling factors that act to balance myogenic cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Shi Y, Xu X, Zhang Q, Fu G, Mo Z, Wang G, et al. tRNA synthetase counteracts c-Myc to develop functional vasculature. elife. 2014;3:e02349 pubmed..Using in vitro, cell and animal experiments, we show here that SerRS intervenes by antagonizing c-Myc, the major transcription factor promoting VEGFA expression, through a tandem mechanism...
- Her G, Cheng C, Hong J, Sundaram G, Wu J. Imbalance in liver homeostasis leading to hyperplasia by overexpressing either one of the Bcl-2-related genes, zfBLP1 and zfMcl-1a. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:515-23 pubmed..D1, and E), hepatocyte nuclear factor genes (HNF-1alpha, beta, -3beta, and 4alpha), and oncogenic markers (P53, c-myc, beta-catenin, N-ras, and gankyrin) were up-regulated, while the expression of C/EBP-alpha was down-regulated in a ..
- Sun L, Nguyen A, Spitsbergen J, Gong Z. Myc-induced liver tumors in transgenic zebrafish can regress in tp53 null mutation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117249 pubmed publisher..As the zebrafish genome contains two differentially expressed zebrafish myc orthologs, myca and mycb, it remains unclear about the oncogenicity of the two zebrafish myc genes...
- Lee S, Huang M, Obholzer N, Sun S, Li W, Petrillo M, et al. Myc and Fgf Are Required for Zebrafish Neuromast Hair Cell Regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0157768 pubmed publisher..Both MYC and FGF are activated in chick hair cell regeneration...
- Nissim S, Weeks O, Talbot J, Hedgepeth J, Wucherpfennig J, Schatzman Bone S, et al. Iterative use of nuclear receptor Nr5a2 regulates multiple stages of liver and pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2016;418:108-123 pubmed publisher..These findings define critical iterative and pleiotropic roles for Nr5a2 at distinct stages of pancreas and liver organogenesis, and provide novel perspectives for interpreting the role of Nr5a2 in disease. ..
- Chen Y, Wang Y, Yu T, Wu H, Pai C. Transgenic zebrafish line with over-expression of Hedgehog on the skin: a useful tool to screen Hedgehog-inhibiting compounds. Transgenic Res. 2009;18:855-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this unique Tg(k18:shh:RFP) fish line, should be an excellent experimental animal for screening for a lower toxicity level of the new Hh-inhibitor and can even be used as a new anti-cancer drug-screening platform. ..
- Gauron C, Rampon C, Bouzaffour M, Ipendey E, Teillon J, Volovitch M, et al. Sustained production of ROS triggers compensatory proliferation and is required for regeneration to proceed. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2084 pubmed publisher..These results implicate oxidative stress in regeneration and provide new insights into the differences between healing and regeneration. ..
- Robles V, Marti M, Izpisua Belmonte J. Study of pluripotency markers in zebrafish embryos and transient embryonic stem cell cultures. Zebrafish. 2011;8:57-63 pubmed publisher..We consider this study a step forward in the knowledge of zebrafish pluripotency markers and, therefore, an important tool for the monitoring of zebrafish embryonic cell cultures. ..
- Fang X, Corrales J, Thornton C, Scheffler B, Willett K. Global and gene specific DNA methylation changes during zebrafish development. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;166:99-108 pubmed publisher..namely vasa, Ras-association domain family member 1 (rassf1), telomerase reverse transcriptase (tert), c-jun and c-myca, we found that the timing of changes in DNA methylation patterns was gene specific, and changes in gene expression ..
- Schreiber Agus N, Chin L, Chen K, Torres R, Thomson C, Sacchettini J, et al. Evolutionary relationships and functional conservation among vertebrate Max-associated proteins: the zebra fish homolog of Mxi1. Oncogene. 1994;9:3167-77 pubmedIn mammals, current evidence supports the view that Myc-responsive activities are regulated in part through an intracellular balance between levels of transcriptionally-active Myc/Max heterodimers and those of transcriptionally-inert Max/..