Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: myb
Description: v-myb avian myeloblastosis viral oncogene homolog
Alias: c-myb, cmyb, transcriptional activator Myb, transcription factor cmyb
- Bertrand J, Kim A, Teng S, Traver D. CD41+ cmyb+ precursors colonize the zebrafish pronephros by a novel migration route to initiate adult hematopoiesis. Development. 2008;135:1853-62 pubmed publisher..We have identified and prospectively isolated these cells by CD41 (itga2b) and cmyb expression. Unlike EMPs, CD41(+) AGM cells colonize the thymus to generate rag2(+) T lymphocyte precursors...
- Wang S, Yin J, Chen D, Nie F, Song X, Fei C, et al. Small-molecule modulation of Wnt signaling via modulating the Axin-LRP5/6 interaction. Nat Chem Biol. 2013;9:579-85 pubmed publisher..of zebrafish and increases the expression of the conserved hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) markers, runx1 and cmyb, in zebrafish embryos...
- Hsia N, Zon L. Transcriptional regulation of hematopoietic stem cell development in zebrafish. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:1007-14 pubmed..Future studies using new technologies in the zebrafish model will enhance our understanding of the molecular networks regulating HSC pluripotency and differentiation. ..
- Dooley K, Davidson A, Zon L. Zebrafish scl functions independently in hematopoietic and endothelial development. Dev Biol. 2005;277:522-36 pubmed..Surprisingly, in cloche, lmo2 was not induced in response to scl over-expression. Taken together, these findings support distinct roles for scl in hematopoietic and endothelial development, downstream of hemangioblast development. ..
- Kissa K, Murayama E, Zapata A, Cortés A, Perret E, Machu C, et al. Live imaging of emerging hematopoietic stem cells and early thymus colonization. Blood. 2008;111:1147-56 pubmed..The rise in CD41-gfp expression among c-myb(+) HSC precursors is asynchronous and marks their competence to leave the AGM and immediately seed the caudal ..
- Bertrand J, Chi N, Santoso B, Teng S, Stainier D, Traver D. Haematopoietic stem cells derive directly from aortic endothelium during development. Nature. 2010;464:108-11 pubmed publisher..Finally, using a permanent lineage tracing strategy, we demonstrate that the HSCs generated from haemogenic endothelium are the lineal founders of the adult haematopoietic system. ..
- Paik E, Zon L. Hematopoietic development in the zebrafish. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:1127-37 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize hematopoiesis in the zebrafish and discuss how genetic approaches using the zebrafish system have helped to build our current knowledge in the field of hematopoiesis. ..
- Gering M, Patient R. Hedgehog signaling is required for adult blood stem cell formation in zebrafish embryos. Dev Cell. 2005;8:389-400 pubmed..Furthermore, HSC and DA formation also share Vegf and Notch requirements, which further distinguishes them from primitive hematopoiesis and underlines their close relationship during vertebrate development. ..
- Zhang Y, Jin H, Li L, Qin F, Wen Z. cMyb regulates hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell mobilization during zebrafish hematopoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:4093-101 pubmed publisher..Through analysis of the zebrafish cmyb mutant cmyb(hkz3), we show that the suppression of cMyb function abrogates larval and adult hematopoiesis, with ..
- Juarez M, Su F, Chun S, Kiel M, Lyons S. Distinct roles for SCL in erythroid specification and maturation in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41636-44 pubmed..Our results revealed that Scl participates in multiple processes requiring different levels and functions. Further, we identified an Scl hypomorphic phenotype distinct from the null state. ..
- Jin H, Xu J, Wen Z. Migratory path of definitive hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells during zebrafish development. Blood. 2007;109:5208-14 pubmed
- Shen L, Chen F, Zhang Y, Cao L, Kuang Y, Zhong M, et al. MYCN transgenic zebrafish model with the characterization of acute myeloid leukemia and altered hematopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59070 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this MYCN transgenic zebrafish model facilitates dissection of MYCN-mediated signaling in vivo, and enables high-throughput scale screens to identify the potential therapeutic targets. ..
- North T, Goessling W, Walkley C, Lengerke C, Kopani K, Lord A, et al. Prostaglandin E2 regulates vertebrate haematopoietic stem cell homeostasis. Nature. 2007;447:1007-11 pubmed..The conserved role for PGE2 in the regulation of vertebrate HSC homeostasis indicates that modulation of the prostaglandin pathway may facilitate expansion of HSC number for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Craven S, French D, Ye W, de Sauvage F, Rosenthal A. Loss of Hspa9b in zebrafish recapitulates the ineffective hematopoiesis of the myelodysplastic syndrome. Blood. 2005;105:3528-34 pubmed..Thus, we identify an essential role for Hspa9b in hematopoiesis and implicate both loss of HSPA9B specifically and mitochondrial dysfunction generally in the pathogenesis of the MDS. ..
- Lin Y, Kuo M, Yu J, Kuo H, Lin R, Lo W, et al. c-Myb is an evolutionary conserved miR-150 target and miR-150/c-Myb interaction is important for embryonic development. Mol Biol Evol. 2008;25:2189-98 pubmed publisherHuman c-Myb proto-oncogene is highly expressed in hematopoietic progenitors as well as leukemia and certain solid tumor. However, the regulatory mechanisms of its expression and biological functions remain largely unclear...
- Soza Ried C, Hess I, Netuschil N, Schorpp M, Boehm T. Essential role of c-myb in definitive hematopoiesis is evolutionarily conserved. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17304-8 pubmed publisherThe transcription factor c-myb has emerged as one of the key regulators of vertebrate hematopoiesis. In mice, it is dispensable for primitive stages of blood cell development but essentially required for definitive hematopoiesis...
- Jia Q, Zhang Q, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Zhang W, Zhou Y, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia from RPS19 deficiency via p53-dependent and -independent pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71782 pubmed publisher..The detection of potential pathogenic genes and pathways provides us a new paradigm for future research on DBA, which is a systematic and complex hereditary disease. ..
- Murayama E, Kissa K, Zapata A, Mordelet E, Briolat V, Lin H, et al. Tracing hematopoietic precursor migration to successive hematopoietic organs during zebrafish development. Immunity. 2006;25:963-75 pubmed..Immigrants on the way to the thymus expressed c-myb and ikaros but not rag1; they were probably no longer HSCs, however, because they lacked scl and runx1 expression, ..
- Burns C, Traver D, Mayhall E, Shepard J, Zon L. Hematopoietic stem cell fate is established by the Notch-Runx pathway. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2331-42 pubmed..These data define the Notch-Runx pathway as critical for the developmental specification of HSC fate and the subsequent homeostasis of HSC number, thus providing a mechanism for amplifying stem cells in vivo...
- Kalev Zylinska M, Horsfield J, Flores M, Postlethwait J, Vitas M, Baas A, et al. Runx1 is required for zebrafish blood and vessel development and expression of a human RUNX1-CBF2T1 transgene advances a model for studies of leukemogenesis. Development. 2002;129:2015-30 pubmed..The phenotype obtained with transient expression of RUNX1-CBF2T1 validates the zebrafish as a model system to study t(8;21)-mediated leukemogenesis. ..
- Leung A, Mendenhall E, Kwan T, Liang R, Eckfeldt C, Chen E, et al. Characterization of expanded intermediate cell mass in zebrafish chordin morphant embryos. Dev Biol. 2005;277:235-54 pubmed..BMP4, but not BMP2b or 7, was involved in this process. The results provide ground for further research into the mechanisms of embryonic hematopoietic cell expansion. ..
- Grabher C, Payne E, Johnston A, Bolli N, Lechman E, Dick J, et al. Zebrafish microRNA-126 determines hematopoietic cell fate through c-Myb. Leukemia. 2011;25:506-14 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that miR-126 is a novel physiological regulator of the proto-oncogene c-myb during definitive hematopoiesis...
- Dresner E, Malishkevich A, Arviv C, Leibman Barak S, Alon S, Ofir R, et al. Novel evolutionary-conserved role for the activity-dependent neuroprotective protein (ADNP) family that is important for erythropoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40173-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal an ancestral role for the ADNP protein family in maturation and differentiation of the erythroid lineage, associated with direct regulation of ?-globin expression. ..
- Lai J, Tsai S, Tu H, Chen W, Kou F, Lu J, et al. Zebrafish WNK lysine deficient protein kinase 1 (wnk1) affects angiogenesis associated with VEGF signaling. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106129 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Vegf/Vegfr signaling pathway controls angiogenesis in zebrafish via Akt kinase-mediated phosphorylation and activation of Wnk1 as well as transcriptional regulation of wnk1 expression. ..
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Sagara H, Munakata M, Hisaki Y, Sekiya T, et al. Smyd5 plays pivotal roles in both primitive and definitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:29157 pubmed publisher..1, mpx, l-plastin, and cmyb, were observed...
- Ceinos R, Torres Nuñez E, Chamorro R, Novoa B, Figueras A, Ruane N, et al. Critical role of the matricellular protein SPARC in mediating erythroid progenitor cell development in zebrafish. Cells Tissues Organs. 2013;197:196-208 pubmed publisher..These results establish a role for an ECM protein (Sparc) as an important regulator of embryonic haematopoiesis during early development in zebrafish. ..
- Rissone A, Weinacht K, la Marca G, Bishop K, Giocaliere E, Jagadeesh J, et al. Reticular dysgenesis-associated AK2 protects hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell development from oxidative stress. J Exp Med. 2015;212:1185-202 pubmed publisher..Our results link hematopoietic cell fate in AK2 deficiency to cellular energy depletion and increased oxidative stress. This points to the potential use of antioxidants as a supportive therapeutic modality for patients with RD. ..
- Fung T, Chung M, Liang R, Leung A. Role of a novel zebrafish nup98 during embryonic development. Exp Hematol. 2010;38:1014-1021.e1-2 pubmed publisher..It has been characterized in acute myeloid leukemia as a fusion partner during chromosomal translocation. In this study, we identified a zebrafish nup98 gene and examined its role in embryonic development...
- Thambyrajah R, Ucanok D, Jalali M, Hough Y, Wilkinson R, McMahon K, et al. A gene trap transposon eliminates haematopoietic expression of zebrafish Gfi1aa, but does not interfere with haematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2016;417:25-39 pubmed publisher..This finding contradicts previously published morpholino data that suggested an essential role for zebrafish Gfi1aa in primitive erythropoiesis. ..
- Kwok C, Korn R, Davis M, Burt D, Critcher R, McCarthy L, et al. Characterization of whole genome radiation hybrid mapping resources for non-mammalian vertebrates. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:3562-6 pubmed..Such successes are providing the basis for a new era of mapping tools, in the form of whole genome radiation hybrid panels, and are opening new possibilities for systematic genome analysis in the animal genetics community. ..
- Tsinkalovsky O, Vik Mo A, Ferreira S, Laerum O, Fjose A. Zebrafish kidney marrow contains ABCG2-dependent side population cells exhibiting hematopoietic stem cell properties. Differentiation. 2007;75:175-83 pubmed..These rapid flow cytometric methods for purification of HSCs from zebrafish may greatly facilitate genetic analysis of stem cells using the advantages of this vertebrate model...
- Wei Y, Ma D, Gao Y, Zhang C, Wang L, Liu F. Ncor2 is required for hematopoietic stem cell emergence by inhibiting Fos signaling in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;124:1578-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings identify a novel regulatory mechanism for Ncor2 through Fos-Vegfd-Notch signaling cascade during HSC development in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Quillien A, Moore J, Shin M, Siekmann A, Smith T, Pan L, et al. Distinct Notch signaling outputs pattern the developing arterial system. Development. 2014;141:1544-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that Notch acts in distinct contexts to initiate and maintain artery identity during embryogenesis. ..
- Seiler C, Gebhart N, Zhang Y, Shinton S, Li Y, Ross N, et al. Mutagenesis Screen Identifies agtpbp1 and eps15L1 as Essential for T lymphocyte Development in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131908 pubmed publisher..Morpholino-mediated knockdown of these genes mimicked the T cell defects in the corresponding mutant embryos, demonstrating the previously unrecognized, essential roles of agtpbp1 and eps15L1 in T cell development. ..
- Zhang Z, Jia H, Zhang Q, Wan Y, Zhou Y, Jia Q, et al. Assessment of hematopoietic failure due to Rpl11 deficiency in a zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia by deep sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:896 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found reduced expression of the hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) marker cmyb and HSC transcription factors tal1 and hoxb4a in Rpl11-deficient zebrafish embryos, indicating that the ..
- Zhang X, Rodaway A. SCL-GFP transgenic zebrafish: in vivo imaging of blood and endothelial development and identification of the initial site of definitive hematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2007;307:179-94 pubmed..A second transgenic line, containing the promoter of scl driving GFP, lacks expression in the definitive clusters. ..
- Berman J, Kanki J, Look A. Zebrafish as a model for myelopoiesis during embryogenesis. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:997-1006 pubmed
- Su Z, Si W, Li L, Zhou B, Li X, Xu Y, et al. MiR-144 regulates hematopoiesis and vascular development by targeting meis1 during zebrafish development. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;49:53-63 pubmed publisher..1. Overexpression of miR-144 also inhibited definitive hematopoiesis as shown by reduced expression of runx1 and c-myb. Mechanistically, miR-144 regulates hematopoiesis by repressing expression of meis1 involved in hematopoiesis...
- Saito R, Tabata Y, Muto A, Arai K, Watanabe S. Melk-like kinase plays a role in hematopoiesis in the zebra fish. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6682-93 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that the zMelk-like gene may play a role in primitive hematopoiesis by affecting the expression of genes critical for hematopoiesis. ..
- Fan H, Liu Y, Wang L, Du T, Dong M, Gao L, et al. miR-142-3p acts as an essential modulator of neutrophil development in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;124:1320-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we uncovered a novel role of miR-142-3p in maintaining normal neutrophil development and maturation. ..
- Liao E, Trede N, Ransom D, Zapata A, Kieran M, Zon L. Non-cell autonomous requirement for the bloodless gene in primitive hematopoiesis of zebrafish. Development. 2002;129:649-59 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that the bls gene product is uniquely required in a non-cell autonomous manner for primitive hematopoiesis, potentially acting via regulation of scl. ..
- Lu X, Wei Y, Liu F. Direct regulation of p53 by miR-142a-3p mediates the survival of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. Cell Discov. 2015;1:15027 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our work reveals the significance of the miR-142a-3p-p53 pathway in controlling hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell survival, and thus advances our understanding of the role of p53 in vertebrate hematopoiesis. ..
- Sumanas S, Zhang B, Dai R, Lin S. 15-zinc finger protein Bloody Fingers is required for zebrafish morphogenetic movements during neurulation. Dev Biol. 2005;283:85-96 pubmed..We conclude that blf plays an important role in regulating morphogenetic movements during gastrulation and neurulation while its role in hematopoiesis may be redundant. ..
- Liu X, Jia X, Yuan H, Ma K, Chen Y, Jin Y, et al. DNA methyltransferase 1 functions through C/ebpa to maintain hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. J Hematol Oncol. 2015;8:15 pubmed publisher..Dnmt1 is required for HSPC maintenance via cebpa regulation during definitive hematopoiesis in zebrafish. ..
- Cui B, Ren L, Xu Q, Yin L, Zhou X, Liu J. Silver_ nanoparticles inhibited erythrogenesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:295-305 pubmed publisher..Finally, it was pointed out that AgNPs affected erythrogenesis mostly by their particles other than their releasing ions. ..
- Svoboda O, Stachura D, Machonova O, Zon L, Traver D, Bartunek P. Ex vivo tools for the clonal analysis of zebrafish hematopoiesis. Nat Protoc. 2016;11:1007-20 pubmed publisher..The present protocol should facilitate such studies on cells derived from zebrafish. ..
- Torregroza I, Holtzinger A, Mendelson K, Liu T, Hla T, Evans T. Regulation of a vascular plexus by gata4 is mediated in zebrafish through the chemokine sdf1a. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46844 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that the gata4 gene regulates sdf1a levels during early embryogenesis, which impacts embryonic patterning and subsequently the development of the caudal vascular plexus. ..
- Hogan B, Layton J, Pyati U, Nutt S, Hayman J, Varma S, et al. Specification of the primitive myeloid precursor pool requires signaling through Alk8 in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:506-11 pubmed..1 expression, but the role of alk8 was independent of the scl-dependent cell-fate pathway. Furthermore, the role of Alk8 in myelopoiesis was genetically separable from its earlier role in dorsal-ventral embryonic patterning. ..
- Zhang Y, Ear J, Yang Z, Morimoto K, Zhang B, Lin S. Defects of protein production in erythroid cells revealed in a zebrafish Diamond-Blackfan anemia model for mutation in RPS19. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1352 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the newly generated rps19 zebrafish mutant should serve as a useful animal model to study DBA. Our in vivo findings may provide clues for the future therapy strategy for DBA. ..
- Guillon Munos A, Dambrine G, Richerioux N, Coupeau D, Muylkens B, Rasschaert D. The chicken miR-150 targets the avian orthologue of the functional zebrafish MYB 3'UTR target site. BMC Mol Biol. 2010;11:67 pubmed publisherThe c-myb proto-oncogene is the founding member of a family of transcription factors involved principally in haematopoiesis, in diverse organisms, from zebrafish to mammals...
- Rasighaemi P, Onnebo S, Liongue C, Ward A. ETV6 (TEL1) regulates embryonic hematopoiesis in zebrafish. Haematologica. 2015;100:23-31 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that ETV6 plays a broader and more complex role in early hematopoiesis than previously thought, impacting on the development of multiple lineages. ..
- Shu L, Zhou Z, Zhou T, Deng M, Dong M, Chen Y, et al. Ectopic expression of Hoxb4a in hemangioblasts promotes hematopoietic development in early embryogenesis of zebrafish. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2015;42:1275-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that Hoxb4a favours the development of hematopoietic progenitor cells originated from hemangioblasts in vivo. ..
- Jing L, Tamplin O, Chen M, Deng Q, Patterson S, Kim P, et al. Adenosine signaling promotes hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence. J Exp Med. 2015;212:649-63 pubmed publisher..Elevated adenosine levels increased runx1(+)/cmyb(+) HSPCs in the dorsal aorta, whereas blocking the adenosine pathway decreased HSPCs...
- Wagner K, Ying Y, Leong W, Jiang J, Hu X, Chen Y, et al. The differential spatiotemporal expression pattern of shelterin genes throughout lifespan. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:1219-1232 pubmed publisher..Together, this work shows that the shelterin subunits exhibit distinct spatiotemporal expression patterns, suggesting important tissue-specific functions during development and aging. ..
- Bolli N, Payne E, Grabher C, Lee J, Johnston A, Falini B, et al. Expression of the cytoplasmic NPM1 mutant (NPMc+) causes the expansion of hematopoietic cells in zebrafish. Blood. 2010;115:3329-40 pubmed publisher..numbers of definitive hematopoietic cells, including erythromyeloid progenitors in the posterior blood island and c-myb/cd41(+) cells in the ventral wall of the aorta...
- Gore A, Athans B, Iben J, Johnson K, Russanova V, Castranova D, et al. Epigenetic regulation of hematopoiesis by DNA methylation. elife. 2016;5:e11813 pubmed publisher..is essential for maintenance of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell (HSPC) fate as part of an early Notch-runx1-cmyb HSPC specification pathway in the zebrafish. Dnmt3bb...
- Dong Z, Ren C, Xia Y, Su D, Du T, Fan H, et al. Pten regulates homeostasis and inflammation-induced migration of myelocytes in zebrafish. J Hematol Oncol. 2014;7:17 pubmed publisher..Our data provide in vivo evidence that definitive myelopoiesis in zebrafish is critically regulated by pten via the elevation of cebpa expression. ..
- Wang L, Zhang P, Wei Y, Gao Y, Patient R, Liu F. A blood flow-dependent klf2a-NO signaling cascade is required for stabilization of hematopoietic stem cell programming in zebrafish embryos. Blood. 2011;118:4102-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have demonstrated that blood flow is essential for HSC development and is mediated by a klf2a-NO signaling cascade in zebrafish. ..
- Jin H, Li L, Xu J, Zhen F, Zhu L, Liu P, et al. Runx1 regulates embryonic myeloid fate choice in zebrafish through a negative feedback loop inhibiting Pu.1 expression. Blood. 2012;119:5239-49 pubmed publisher..1 level required for balanced fate commitment to neutrophils versus macrophages. Our findings define a Pu.1-Runx1 regulatory loop that governs the equilibrium between distinct myeloid fates by assuring an appropriate Pu.1 dosage. ..
- Shen L, Zhu J, Chen F, Lin W, Cai J, Zhong J, et al. RUNX1-Evi-1 fusion gene inhibited differentiation and apoptosis in myelopoiesis: an in vivo study. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:970 pubmed publisher..VPA may be a promising choice in the molecular targeting therapy of RUNX1-Evi-1-related leukemia. ..
- Theodore L, Hagedorn E, Cortes M, Natsuhara K, Liu S, Perlin J, et al. Distinct Roles for Matrix Metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in Embryonic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Emergence, Migration, and Niche Colonization. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:1226-1241 pubmed publisher..inhibition of vascular-associated Mmp2 function caused accumulation of fibronectin-rich ECM, retention of runx1/cmyb+ HSPCs in the VDA, and delayed caudal hematopoietic tissue (CHT) colonization; these defects were absent ..
- Stachura D, Svoboda O, Campbell C, Espin Palazon R, Lau R, Zon L, et al. The zebrafish granulocyte colony-stimulating factors (Gcsfs): 2 paralogous cytokines and their roles in hematopoietic development and maintenance. Blood. 2013;122:3918-28 pubmed publisher..These findings may inform how hematopoietic cytokines evolved following the diversification of teleosts and mammals from a common ancestor...
- Li X, Xiong J, Shelley C, Park H, Arnaout M. The transcription factor ZBP-89 controls generation of the hematopoietic lineage in zebrafish and mouse embryonic stem cells. Development. 2006;133:3641-50 pubmed..These findings establish a unique regulatory role for ZBP-89, positioned at the interface between early blood and blood vessel development. ..
- Li C, Lan Y, Schwartz Orbach L, Korol E, Tahiliani M, Evans T, et al. Overlapping Requirements for Tet2 and Tet3 in Normal Development and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Emergence. Cell Rep. 2015;12:1133-43 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal essential, overlapping functions for tet genes during embryonic development and uncover a requirement for 5hmC in regulating HSC production. ..
- Gardiner M, Gongora M, Grimmond S, Perkins A. A global role for zebrafish klf4 in embryonic erythropoiesis. Mech Dev. 2007;124:762-74 pubmed..was an increase in expression of definitive hematopoietic specific genes such as larval globin genes, runx1 and c-myb from 24 hpf, suggesting a selective role for klf4 in primitive rather than definitive erythropoiesis...
- Frömel T, Jungblut B, Hu J, Trouvain C, Barbosa Sicard E, Popp R, et al. Soluble epoxide hydrolase regulates hematopoietic progenitor cell function via generation of fatty acid diols. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9995-10000 pubmed publisher..impaired the development of the caudal vein plexus in zebrafish, and decreased the numbers of lmo2/cmyb-positive progenitor cells therein...
- Glass T, Hui S, Blazar B, Lund T. Effect of radiation dose-rate on hematopoietic cell engraftment in adult zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73745 pubmed publisher..Key words: Radiation dose rate, Total Marrow Irradiation (TMI), Total body irradiation (TBI), SDF-1, Zebrafish, hematopoietic cell transplant...
- Wei W, Wen L, Huang P, Zhang Z, Chen Y, Xiao A, et al. Gfi1.1 regulates hematopoietic lineage differentiation during zebrafish embryogenesis. Cell Res. 2008;18:677-85 pubmed publisher..Morpholino (MO) knockdown of gfi1.1 reduced expression of scl, lmo2, c-myb, mpo, rag1, gata1 and hemoglobin alpha embryonic-1 (hbae1), as well as the total amount of embryonic hemoglobin, ..
- Ge L, Zhang R, Wan F, Guo D, Wang P, Xiang L, et al. TET2 plays an essential role in erythropoiesis by regulating lineage-specific genes via DNA oxidative demethylation in a zebrafish model. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:989-1002 pubmed publisher..embryos, and the deletion of TET2 inhibits erythropoiesis by suppressing the expression of the scl, gata-1, and cmyb genes...