Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mxb
Description: myxovirus (influenza) resistance B
Alias: interferon-induced GTP-binding protein MxB, IFN-inducible antiviral protein MxB, interferon-inducible MxB protein
- Zhang L, Chen W, Hu Y, Wu X, Nie P, Chang M. TBK1-like transcript negatively regulates the production of IFN and IFN-stimulated genes through RLRs-MAVS-TBK1 pathway. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;54:135-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data support that zebrafish TBK1L negatively regulates RLRs-MAVS-TBK1 pathway. ..
- Cobbina S, Xu H, Zhao T, Mao G, Zhou Z, Wu X, et al. A multivariate assessment of innate immune-related gene expressions due to exposure to low concentration individual and mixtures of four kinds of heavy metals on zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:1032-42 pubmed publisher..It is indicative that mechanisms associated with toxicity of metal mixtures is complex, however, further studies to elucidate them are ongoing in our research laboratory. ..
- Candel S, Sepulcre M, EspÃn PalazÃ³n R, Tyrkalska S, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, et al. Md1 and Rp105 regulate innate immunity and viral resistance in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;50:155-65 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on the evolutionary history of Md1 and Rp105 and uncover a previously unappreciated function of these molecules in the regulation of innate immunity. ..
- Chen H, Liu W, Wu S, Chiou P, Li Y, Chen Y, et al. RIG-I specifically mediates group II type I IFN activation in nervous necrosis virus infected zebrafish cells. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;43:427-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that RIG-I plays an essential role in zebrafish group II type I IFN induction and the inflammatory response to NNV infection. ..
- Lutfalla G, Roest Crollius H, Stange Thomann N, Jaillon O, Mogensen K, Monneron D. Comparative genomic analysis reveals independent expansion of a lineage-specific gene family in vertebrates: the class II cytokine receptors and their ligands in mammals and fish. BMC Genomics. 2003;4:29 pubmed..Despite the report of a near complete pufferfish (Takifugu rubripes) genome sequence, these genes remain undescribed in fish...
- Li Z, Xu X, Huang L, Wu J, Lu Q, Xiang Z, et al. Administration of recombinant IFN1 protects zebrafish (Danio rerio) from ISKNV infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:399-406 pubmed publisher..This study shows the protective effects of interferon against a DNA-virus in fish for the first time and provides information about the efficacy of fish interferon that will prove useful in possible therapeutic applications. ..
- Nie L, Xiong R, Zhang Y, Zhu L, Shao J, Xiang L. Conserved inhibitory role of teleost SOCS-1s in IFN signaling pathways. Dev Comp Immunol. 2014;43:23-9 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the conserved negative regulatory role of teleost SOCS-1s in IFN signaling pathways, providing perspective into the functional conservation of SOCS-1 proteins during evolution. ..
- Rey S, Moiche V, BoltaÃ±a S, Teles M, MacKenzie S. Behavioural fever in zebrafish larvae. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;67:287-292 pubmed publisher..In parallel we measured the abundance of antiviral transcripts; viperin, gig2, irf7, trim25 and Mxb mRNAs in dsRNA challenged larvae under both thermal regimes: TR and TCh...
- LÃ³pez MuÃ±oz A, Liarte S, GÃ³mez GonzÃ¡lez N, Cabas I, Meseguer J, GarcÃa Ayala A, et al. Estrogen receptor 2b deficiency impairs the antiviral response of zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;53:55-62 pubmed publisher..mutant fish were able to induce the genes encoding major antiviral molecules, including Ifnphi1, Ifnphi2, Infphi3, Mxb and Mxc, and the negative feedback regulator of cytokine signaling Socs1...
- Estepa A, Coll J. Innate Multigene Family Memories Are Implicated in the Viral-Survivor Zebrafish Phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0135483 pubmed publisher..The implications of the so-called "trained immunity" for future research in this field are also discussed. ..
- Huang B, Huang W, Nie P. Characterization of four Mx isoforms in the European eel, Anguilla anguilla. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:1048-54 pubmed publisher..from vertebrates revealed that MxA, C and D in the European eel formed into a clade containing zebrafish MxA and MxB and Mx proteins in other teleosts, whereas MxB in the eel was clustered together with zebrafish MxD, MxG and MxF...
- Huang C, Chou C, Lien H, Chu C, Ho J, Wu Y, et al. IRF9-Stat2 Fusion Protein as an Innate Immune Inducer to Activate Mx and Interferon-Stimulated Gene Expression in Zebrafish Larvae. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:310-319 pubmed publisher..zIRF9-S2C raises transcription of Mxa, Mxb, Mxc, IfnÏ†1, IfnÏ†2, and IfnÏ†3 in zebrafish liver ((ZFL) cell line) cells and zebrafish larvae...
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed