Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mttp
Description: microsomal triglyceride transfer protein
Alias: mtp, wu:fd36b01, zgc:111876, microsomal triglyceride transfer protein large subunit, stalactite, stl
- Tingaud Sequeira A, Knoll Gellida A, André M, Babin P. Vitellogenin expression in white adipose tissue in female teleost fish. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:38 pubmed publisher..It was also found to coexpress mtp, known to perform the intracellular lipidation of Vtg prior to secretion...
- Karanth S, Tran V, Kuberan B, Schlegel A. Polyunsaturated fatty acyl-coenzyme As are inhibitors of cholesterol biosynthesis in zebrafish and mice. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1365-77 pubmed publisher..These results elucidate a mechanism for PUFA-mediated cholesterol lowering through direct inhibition of Hmgcr. ..
- Miyares R, de Rezende V, Farber S. Zebrafish yolk lipid processing: a tractable tool for the study of vertebrate lipid transport and metabolism. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:915-27 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we examine the metabolic fate of exogenously delivered fatty acids by assaying their incorporation into complex lipids. Moreover, we demonstrate that this technique is amenable to genetic and pharmacologic studies. ..
- Cruz Garcia L, Schlegel A. Lxr-driven enterocyte lipid droplet formation delays transport of ingested lipids. J Lipid Res. 2014;55:1944-58 pubmed publisher..Activation of Lxr in the intestine cell-autonomously regulates the rate of delivery of absorbed lipids by inducting a temporary lipid intestinal droplet storage depot. ..
- Zeituni E, Wilson M, Zheng X, Iglesias P, Sepanski M, Siddiqi M, et al. Endoplasmic Reticulum Lipid Flux Influences Enterocyte Nuclear Morphology and Lipid-dependent Transcriptional Responses. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:23804-23816 pubmed..Using a microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP) inhibitor to block ?-lipoprotein particle formation, we demonstrate that the transcriptional response to a high-..
- Ghajar C, Peinado H, Mori H, Matei I, Evason K, Brazier H, et al. The perivascular niche regulates breast tumour dormancy. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:807-17 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals that stable microvasculature constitutes a dormant niche, whereas sprouting neovasculature sparks micrometastatic outgrowth...
- Baker B, Yee J, Meyer D, Yang D, Baker T. Histological and Transcriptomic Changes in Male Zebrafish Testes Due to Early Life Exposure to Low Level 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-Dioxin. Zebrafish. 2016;13:413-23 pubmed publisher..These data will inform future investigations to elucidate the mechanism of adult-onset and transgenerational infertility due to TCDD exposure in zebrafish. ..
- Raldua D, André M, Babin P. Clofibrate and gemfibrozil induce an embryonic malabsorption syndrome in zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2008;228:301-14 pubmed publisher..acox1, apoa1 and mtp hybridization transcript signals were not affected in the yolk syncytial layer (YSL) after clofibrate exposure...