Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: msx1a
Description: muscle segment homeobox 1a
Alias: cb435, id:ibd5099, msh-E, mshE, msx1, msxe, zgc:111928, homeobox protein MSX-1, muscle segment homeobox E
- Münch J, González Rajal A, de la Pompa J. Notch regulates blastema proliferation and prevents differentiation during adult zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2013;140:1402-11 pubmed publisher..N1ICD) in the regenerating fin leads to increased proliferation and to the expansion of the blastema cell markers msxe and msxb, as well as increased expression of the proliferation regulator aldh1a2...
- Hui S, Nag T, Ghosh S. Characterization of Proliferating Neural Progenitors after Spinal Cord Injury in Adult Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143595 pubmed publisher..Uncovering the molecular mechanism for endogenous regeneration of adult zebrafish spinal cord would give us more clues on important targets for future therapeutic approach in mammalian spinal cord repair and regeneration. ..
- Yoshinari N, Ishida T, Kudo A, Kawakami A. Gene expression and functional analysis of zebrafish larval fin fold regeneration. Dev Biol. 2009;325:71-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that the regeneration model of juvenile zebrafish offers a powerful assay to dissect the regeneration processes. ..
- Alexander C, Piloto S, Le Pabic P, Schilling T. Wnt signaling interacts with bmp and edn1 to regulate dorsal-ventral patterning and growth of the craniofacial skeleton. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004479 pubmed publisher..of heat-shocked embryos show reduced proliferation, expression of ventral patterning genes (hand2, dlx3b, dlx5a, msxe), and ventral cartilage differentiation (e.g. lower jaws)...
- Swartz M, Sheehan Rooney K, Dixon M, Eberhart J. Examination of a palatogenic gene program in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2204-20 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that the gene regulatory networks regulating palatogenesis may be conserved across vertebrate species, demonstrating the utility of zebrafish as a model for palatogenesis. ..
- Tribulo C, Aybar M, Nguyen V, Mullins M, Mayor R. Regulation of Msx genes by a Bmp gradient is essential for neural crest specification. Development. 2003;130:6441-52 pubmed publisher..different levels of Bmp activity in animal cap ectoderm, we show that a specific concentration of Bmp induces msx1 expression to a level similar to that required to induce neural crest...
- Chassaing N, Sorrentino S, Davis E, Martin Coignard D, Iacovelli A, Paznekas W, et al. OTX2 mutations contribute to the otocephaly-dysgnathia complex. J Med Genet. 2012;49:373-9 pubmed publisher..It was found that otx2 can interact genetically with pgap1, prrx1, and msx1 to exacerbate mandibular and midline defects during zebrafish development...
- Ekker M, Akimenko M, Allende M, Smith R, Drouin G, Langille R, et al. Relationships among msx gene structure and function in zebrafish and other vertebrates. Mol Biol Evol. 1997;14:1008-22 pubmed..phylogenetic analyses of protein sequences indicate that the msx genes from zebrafish are not orthologous to the Msx1 and Msx2 genes of mammals, birds, and amphibians...
- Yuan Q, Zhao M, Tandon B, Maili L, Liu X, Zhang A, et al. Role of WNT10A in failure of tooth development in humans and zebrafish. Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2017;5:730-741 pubmed publisher..levels of additional tooth development genes were directly correlated with wnt10a expression; expression of msx1, dlx2b, eda, and axin2 was decreased upon wnt10a knockdown, and increased upon wnt10a overexpression...
- Collery R, Link B. Dynamic smad-mediated BMP signaling revealed through transgenic zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:712-22 pubmed publisher..Overall, these lines will serve as valuable tools to explore the mechanisms and regulation of BMP signal during embryogenesis, in tissue maintenance, and during disease. ..
- Mathew L, Sengupta S, Franzosa J, Perry J, La Du J, Andreasen E, et al. Comparative expression profiling reveals an essential role for raldh2 in epimorphic regeneration. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33642-53 pubmed publisher..Expression of raldh2 is regulated by Wnt and fibroblast growth factor/ERK signaling. ..
- Clouthier D, Schilling T. Understanding endothelin-1 function during craniofacial development in the mouse and zebrafish. Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today. 2004;72:190-9 pubmed
- Fujimoto E, Stevenson T, Chien C, Bonkowsky J. Identification of a dopaminergic enhancer indicates complexity in vertebrate dopamine neuron phenotype specification. Dev Biol. 2011;352:393-404 pubmed publisher..We conclude that regulation of dopaminergic neuron phenotype in vertebrates is regulated by dispersed regulatory elements. ..
- Kao T, Chu C, Lee G, Hsiao T, Cheng N, Chang N, et al. Folate deficiency-induced oxidative stress contributes to neuropathy in young and aged zebrafish--implication in neural tube defects and Alzheimer's diseases. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;71:234-44 pubmed publisher..We concluded that folate deficiency-induced oxidative stress contributed to the folate deficiency-associated neuropathogenesis in both early and late stages of life. ..
- Mathew L, Sengupta S, Ladu J, Andreasen E, Tanguay R. Crosstalk between AHR and Wnt signaling through R-Spondin1 impairs tissue regeneration in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2008;22:3087-96 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that inappropriate regulation of R-Spondin/LRP6 is absolutely required for TCDD to inhibit fin regeneration. ..