Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mstna
Description: myostatin a
Alias: gdf8l, mstn-2, mstn2, si:dkeyp-84a8.5, myostatin a, cytokine/differentiation factor, growth differentiation factor 8, like, inhibitor of skeletal muscle growth and development, myostatin II, myostatin form 2
- Amali A, Lin C, Chen Y, Wang W, Gong H, Rekha R, et al. Overexpression of Myostatin2 in zebrafish reduces the expression of dystrophin associated protein complex (DAPC) which leads to muscle dystrophy. J Biomed Sci. 2008;15:595-604 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identified another form of Myostatin protein which is referred to as Mstn2. The size of Mstn2 cDNA is 1342 bp with 109 and 132 bp of 5' and 3'-untranslated regions (UTRs), respectively...
- Nadjar Boger E, Funkenstein B. Myostatin-2 gene structure and polymorphism of the promoter and first intron in the marine fish Sparus aurata: evidence for DNA duplications and/or translocations. BMC Genet. 2011;12:22 pubmed publisher..These results show for the first time a substantial degree of polymorphism in both the promoter and first intron of MSTN-2 gene in a perciform fish species which points to chromosomal rearrangements that took place during evolution. ..
- Nadjar Boger E, Hinits Y, Funkenstein B. Structural and functional analysis of myostatin-2 promoter alleles from the marine fish Sparus aurata: evidence for strong muscle-specific promoter activity and post-transcriptional regulation. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;361:51-68 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study shows for the first time that MSTN-2 promoter is a very robust promoter, especially in muscle cells. ..
- Gao Y, Dai Z, Shi C, Zhai G, Jin X, He J, et al. Depletion of Myostatin b Promotes Somatic Growth and Lipid Metabolism in Zebrafish. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2016;7:88 pubmed publisher..Our mstnb-deficient model could be valuable in understanding not only the growth trait regulation in teleosts but also the mechanisms of teleost energy metabolism. ..
- Zhang J, Laurence Souders C, Denslow N, Martyniuk C. Quercetin, a natural product supplement, impairs mitochondrial bioenergetics and locomotor behavior in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:30-38 pubmed publisher..The expression levels of both myostatin A (mstna) and myogenic differentiation (myoD) were also altered by quercetin...