Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mmp9
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 9
Alias: ZFMMP-9, wu:fb02g06, wu:fb07b05, wu:fi98c09, wu:fj05a08, zgc:64165, matrix metalloproteinase-9, fj05a08, gelatinase B, matrix metalloproteinase 9
- van der Vaart M, van Soest J, Spaink H, Meijer A. Functional analysis of a zebrafish myd88 mutant identifies key transcriptional components of the innate immune system. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:841-54 pubmed publisher..This zebrafish myd88 mutant will be a valuable tool for further study of the role of IL1R and TLR signaling in the innate immunity processes underlying infectious diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer...
- Meijer A, Verbeek F, Salas Vidal E, Corredor Adámez M, Bussman J, van der Sar A, et al. Transcriptome profiling of adult zebrafish at the late stage of chronic tuberculosis due to Mycobacterium marinum infection. Mol Immunol. 2005;42:1185-203 pubmed..Since a large group of genes linked to immune responses did not show altered expression in the infected animals, these results suggest specific responses in mycobacterium-induced disease. ..
- Andreasen E, Mathew L, LOHR C, Hasson R, Tanguay R. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation impairs extracellular matrix remodeling during zebra fish fin regeneration. Toxicol Sci. 2007;95:215-26 pubmed..Quantitative real-time PCR studies revealed that the aryl hydrocarbon pathway is active and that matrix-remodeling genes are expressed in the regenerate following TCDD exposure. ..
- d Alençon C, Peña O, Wittmann C, Gallardo V, Jones R, Loosli F, et al. A high-throughput chemically induced inflammation assay in zebrafish. BMC Biol. 2010;8:151 pubmed publisher..We have called this method the chemically induced inflammation assay, or ChIn assay. See Commentary article: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7007/8/148. ..
- Progatzky F, Cook H, Lamb J, Bugeon L, Dallman M. Mucosal inflammation at the respiratory interface: a zebrafish model. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2016;310:L551-61 pubmed publisher..smoke extracts resulted in an increase in transcripts of the proinflammatory cytokines TNF-Î±, IL-1Î², and MMP9 in the gill tissue, which was at least in part mediated via NF-ÎºB activation...
- Cheng J, Chan C, Veca L, Poon W, Chan P, Qu L, et al. Acute and long-term effects after single loading of functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes into zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;235:216-25 pubmed publisher..This study also indicates that purified CNTs may have long-term toxicity effects when they were delivered into the body. ..
- Shan Y, Fang C, Cheng C, Wang Y, Peng J, Fang W. Immersion infection of germ-free zebrafish with Listeria monocytogenes induces transient expression of innate immune response genes. Front Microbiol. 2015;6:373 pubmed publisher..Several selected maker genes of the innate immune system, including cyp1a, irg1l, il1b, and mmp9, were significantly induced by oral immersion not only with strain EGDe, but also with strain M7 and L...
- Lebert D, Squirrell J, Rindy J, Broadbridge E, Lui Y, Zakrzewska A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 9 modulates collagen matrices and wound repair. Development. 2015;142:2136-46 pubmed publisherAcute and chronic injuries are characterized by leukocyte infiltration into tissues. Although matrix metalloproteinase 9 (Mmp9) has been implicated in both conditions, its role in wound repair remains unclear...
- Oehlers S, Flores M, Hall C, Crosier K, Crosier P. Retinoic acid suppresses intestinal mucus production and exacerbates experimental enterocolitis. Dis Model Mech. 2012;5:457-67 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates a direct effect of retinoid administration on intestinal mucus physiology and, subsequently, on the progression of intestinal inflammation...
- Zhang J, Sun P, Kong T, Yang F, Guan W. Tributyltin promoted hepatic steatosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and the molecular pathogenesis involved. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;170:208-215 pubmed publisher..In short, TBT can produce multiple and complex alterations in transcriptional activity of lipid metabolism and cell damage, which provides potential molecular evidence of TBT on hepatic steatosis. ..
- O Sullivan L, Noor S, Trengove M, Lewis R, Liongue C, Sprigg N, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 regulates embryonic myelopoiesis independently of its effects on T cell development. J Immunol. 2011;186:4751-61 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate a conserved role for SOCS1 in T cell development and suggest a novel T cell-independent function in embryonic myelopoiesis mediated, at least in part, via its effects on receptors using the Jak2-Stat5 pathway. ..
- Leigh N, Schupp M, Li K, Padmanabhan V, Gastonguay A, Wang L, et al. Mmp17b is essential for proper neural crest cell migration in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76484 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study has identified the first pair of MMP, and their putative MMP inhibitor RECK that functions together in NC cell migration. ..
- Hausen J, Otte J, StrÃ¤hle U, Hammers Wirtz M, Hollert H, Keiter S, et al. Fold-change threshold screening: a robust algorithm to unmask hidden gene expression patterns in noisy aggregated transcriptome data. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:16384-92 pubmed publisher..In addition, it is able to unmask patterns in altered genetic expression hidden by data noise and reduces the chance of type II errors, e.g., in environmental screening. ..
- Yang L, Ho N, Muller F, Strahle U. Methyl mercury suppresses the formation of the tail primordium in developing zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2010;115:379-90 pubmed publisher..The matrix metalloproteases mmp9 and mmp13 and eight other genes are induced in the embryonic tail in response to MeHg...
- Park C, Kim H, Kim D, Han H, Noh H, Jang J, et al. Ginsenoside Re Inhibits Osteoclast Differentiation in Mouse Bone Marrow-Derived Macrophages and Zebrafish Scale Model. Mol Cells. 2016;39:855-861 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that both aqueous ginseng extract and ginsenoside Re prevent bone resorption by inhibiting osteoclast differentiation. Ginsenoside Re could be important for promoting bone health. ..
- Freisinger C, Huttenlocher A. Live imaging and gene expression analysis in zebrafish identifies a link between neutrophils and epithelial to mesenchymal transition. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112183 pubmed publisher..We found that the expression of genes associated with EMT, including slug, vimentin and mmp9, are enriched in HRas(V12) transformed epithelial cells and that this enrichment requires the presence of ..
- Henry T, Menn F, Fleming J, Wilgus J, Compton R, Sayler G. Attributing effects of aqueous C60 nano-aggregates to tetrahydrofuran decomposition products in larval zebrafish by assessment of gene expression. Environ Health Perspect. 2007;115:1059-65 pubmed..Previous research has indicated toxicity from C(60) aggregate; however, effects could be because of tetrahydrofuran (THF) vehicle used to prepare aggregates...
- Johnson A, Turko A, Klaiman J, Johnston E, Gillis T. Cold acclimation alters the connective tissue content of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) heart. J Exp Biol. 2014;217:1868-75 pubmed publisher..zebrafish also increased expression of the gene transcript for matrix metalloproteinase 2, matrix metalloproteinase 9, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 and collagen Type I ?1...
- Seo S, Dananjaya S, Nikapitiya C, Park B, Gooneratne R, Kim T, et al. Silver nanoparticles enhance wound healing in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;68:536-545 pubmed publisher..However, the detailed mechanism of enhanced wound healing remains to be investigated in fish. ..
- Coyle R, Latimer A, Jessen J. Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase regulates cell migration during zebrafish gastrulation: evidence for an interaction with non-canonical Wnt signaling. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2150-62 pubmed publisher..Together, our results support the notion that pathways regulating pericellular proteolysis and cell polarity converge to promote efficient cell migration. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang H, Zhao G, Yokoyama T, Vega H, Huang Y, et al. ATP6V1H Deficiency Impairs Bone Development through Activation of MMP9 and MMP13. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006481 pubmed publisher..a severe reduction in the number of mature calcified bone cells and a dramatic increase in the expression of mmp9 and mmp13...
- Mercer S, Odelberg S, Simon H. A dynamic spatiotemporal extracellular matrix facilitates epicardial-mediated vertebrate heart regeneration. Dev Biol. 2013;382:457-69 pubmed publisher..Thus, the engineering of nature-tested extracellular matrices may provide new strategic opportunities for the enhancement of regenerative responses in mammals...
- de Vrieze E, Moren M, Metz J, Flik G, Lie K. Arachidonic acid enhances turnover of the dermal skeleton: studies on zebrafish scales. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89347 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish scale is an excellent model to study how and which fatty acids affect skeletal formation...
- Kizil C, Otto G, Geisler R, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C, Antos C. Simplet controls cell proliferation and gene transcription during zebrafish caudal fin regeneration. Dev Biol. 2009;325:329-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate a requirement for smp in fin regeneration through control of cell proliferation, the regulation of specific genes and proper bone patterning. ..
- Gui J, Greene C, Sullivan C, Taylor W, Moore J, KIM C. Testing multiple hypotheses through IMP weighted FDR based on a genetic functional network with application to a new zebrafish transcriptome study. BioData Min. 2015;8:17 pubmed publisher..We compared the mRNA expression for each group and found over 200 differentially expressed genes and several enriched pathways including defense response pathways, arsenic response pathways, and the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Lim S, Esain V, Kwan W, Theodore L, Cortes M, Frost I, et al. HIF1?-induced PDGFR? signaling promotes developmental HSC production via IL-6 activation. Exp Hematol. 2017;46:83-95.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings define a Hif1?-regulated signaling axis mediated through PBFGB/PDGFR? and IL-6/IL-6R that acts to control embryonic HSPC production. ..
- Sandoval I, Delacruz R, Miller B, Hill S, Olson K, Gabriel A, et al. A metabolic switch controls intestinal differentiation downstream of Adenomatous polyposis coli (APC). elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a novel role for apc in pyruvate metabolism and that pyruvate metabolism dictates intestinal cell fate and differentiation decisions downstream of apc. ..
- Zhang X, Zhou Q, Zou W, Hu X. Molecular Mechanisms of Developmental Toxicity Induced by Graphene Oxide at Predicted Environmental Concentrations. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:7861-7871 pubmed publisher..Because of the potential developmental toxicity of GO at trace concentrations, government administrators and nanomaterial producers should consider its potential risks prior to the widespread environmental exposure to GO. ..
- Aluru N, Jenny M, Hahn M. Knockdown of a zebrafish aryl hydrocarbon receptor repressor (AHRRa) affects expression of genes related to photoreceptor development and hematopoiesis. Toxicol Sci. 2014;139:381-95 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that AHRRs may have important roles in development, in addition to their roles in regulating xenobiotic signaling. ..
- Ton Q, Iovine M. Identification of an evx1-dependent joint-formation pathway during FIN regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81240 pubmed publisher..First, we identify three genes that influence joint formation, evx1, dlx5a, and mmp9. We place these genes in a common molecular pathway by evaluating both their expression patterns along the distal-..
- Oehlers S, Flores M, Hall C, Okuda K, Sison J, Crosier K, et al. Chemically induced intestinal damage models in zebrafish larvae. Zebrafish. 2013;10:184-93 pubmed publisher..Methods to monitor intestinal damage and inflammatory processes, and chemical-genetic methods to manipulate the host response to injury are also described. ..
- McCormick J, Paiva M, HÃ¤ggblom M, Cooper K, White L. Embryonic exposure to tetrabromobisphenol A and its metabolites, bisphenol A and tetrabromobisphenol A dimethyl ether disrupts normal zebrafish (Danio rerio) development and matrix metalloproteinase expression. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;100:255-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that TBBPA is more potent than BPA or TBBPA DME and indicate that the trunk and tail phenotypes seen after TBBPA exposure could be due in part to alteration of proper MMP expression and activity. ..
- Hale A, den Hertog J. Shp2-Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Signaling Drives Proliferation during Zebrafish Embryo Caudal Fin Fold Regeneration. Mol Cell Biol. 2018;38: pubmed publisher..Expression of mmp9 and junbb, indicative of formation of the wound epidermis and distal blastema, respectively, suggested ..
- Sukardi H, Zhang X, Lui E, Ung C, Mathavan S, Gong Z, et al. Liver X receptor agonist T0901317 induced liver perturbation in zebrafish: histological, gene set enrichment and expression analyses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:33-43 pubmed publisher..Our study underscores the potential of using zebrafish model coupled with transcriptomic analysis to capture pharmacological and toxicological or pathological events induced by LXR modulators. ..
- Crawford B, Pilgrim D. Ontogeny and regulation of matrix metalloproteinase activity in the zebrafish embryo by in vitro and in vivo zymography. Dev Biol. 2005;286:405-14 pubmed..Mixed lysate assays demonstrate that this is the result of endogenous inhibitors present in early embryos, suggesting a model of matrix remodeling regulated by spatially heterogeneous MMP inhibition. ..
- Reischauer S, Levesque M, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C, Sonawane M. Lgl2 executes its function as a tumor suppressor by regulating ErbB signaling in the zebrafish epidermis. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000720 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal that pen/lgl2 functions as a tumor suppressor gene in vertebrates, establishing zebrafish pen/lgl2 mutants as a valuable cancer model. ..
- Ruuskanen J, Xhaard H, Marjamäki A, Salaneck E, Salminen T, Yan Y, et al. Identification of duplicated fourth alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtype by cloning and mapping of five receptor genes in zebrafish. Mol Biol Evol. 2004;21:14-28 pubmed
- Onnebo S, Rasighaemi P, Kumar J, Liongue C, Ward A. Alternative TEL-JAK2 fusions associated with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia and atypical chronic myelogenous leukemia dissected in zebrafish. Haematologica. 2012;97:1895-903 pubmed publisher..The data further suggest that this class of oncogene exerts its effects in a cell lineage-specific manner, which may be due to differences in downstream signaling. ..
- Kang J, Bong J, Choi J, Henry T, Park J. Differentially transcriptional regulation on cell cycle pathway by silver nanoparticles from ionic silver in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;479:753-758 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel insights onto the genotoxicological mechanisms of AgNPs. ..
- Chen C, Lin D, Cheng C, Lin C, Lo Y, Yen C, et al. Cdc6 cooperates with c-Myc to promote genome instability and epithelial to mesenchymal transition EMT in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6300-11 pubmed..Our findings and other characteristics of zebrafish, including optical clarity and small molecule treatment, provide the future utility of this model for easy and non-invasive detection and for identification of new anti-cancer drug. ..
- Hall C, Boyle R, Sun X, Wicker S, Misa J, Krissansen G, et al. Epidermal cells help coordinate leukocyte migration during inflammation through fatty acid-fuelled matrix metalloproteinase production. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3880 pubmed publisher..Targeting of this metabolic-immunologic interface within keratinocytes may prove useful in treating inflammatory dermatoses. ..
- Lewis R, Noor S, Fraser F, Sertori R, Liongue C, Ward A. Regulation of embryonic hematopoiesis by a cytokine-inducible SH2 domain homolog in zebrafish. J Immunol. 2014;192:5739-48 pubmed publisher..This occurred concomitantly with increased activation of STAT5. This study indicates that CISH functions as a conserved in vivo target and regulator of STAT5 in the control of embryonic hematopoiesis. ..
- Sonnack L, Klawonn T, Kriehuber R, Hollert H, Schäfers C, Fenske M. Concentration dependent transcriptome responses of zebrafish embryos after exposure to cadmium, cobalt and copper. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2017;24:29-40 pubmed publisher..Some of these genes may be indicative of the mechanisms of action of the individual metals in zebrafish embryos. Real-time quantitative RT-PCR (qRT-PCR) verified the microarray data for mmp9, mt2, cldnb and nkx2.2a.
- van der Vaart M, Korbee C, Lamers G, Tengeler A, Hosseini R, Haks M, et al. The DNA damage-regulated autophagy modulator DRAM1 links mycobacterial recognition via TLR-MYD88 to autophagic defense [corrected]. Cell Host Microbe. 2014;15:753-67 pubmed publisher..We propose that DRAM1 mediates autophagic defense against a broader range of intracellular pathogens, since DRAM1 expression was also induced by the common bacterial endotoxin lipopolysaccharide. ..
- Tu X, Deng Y, Chen J, Hu Q, He C, Jordan J, et al. Screening study on the anti-angiogenic effects of Traditional Chinese Medicine - Part I: Heat-clearing and detoxicating TCM. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;194:280-287 pubmed publisher..The results provide new insights into their clinical application and therapeutic potential for the management of angiogenesis-dependent diseases such as cancer. ..
- Wu F, Song H, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Mu Q, Jiang M, et al. Irisin Induces Angiogenesis in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells In Vitro and in Zebrafish Embryos In Vivo via Activation of the ERK Signaling Pathway. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0134662 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings provided direct evidence that irisin may play a pivotal role in maintaining endothelium homeostasis by promoting endothelial cell angiogenesis via the ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Lisse T, Rieger S. IKK? regulates human keratinocyte migration through surveillance of the redox environment. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:975-988 pubmed publisher..Thus, this indicates that IKK? promotes migration through dynamic interactions with the EGF promoter depending on the redox state within cells. ..
- Hasegawa T, Hall C, Crosier P, Abe G, Kawakami K, Kudo A, et al. Transient inflammatory response mediated by interleukin-1? is required for proper regeneration in zebrafish fin fold. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that proper levels of Il1b signaling and tissue inflammation, which are tuned by macrophages, play a crucial role in tissue regeneration. ..
- Fai Tse W, Li J, Kwan Tse A, Chan T, Hin Ho J, Sun Wu R, et al. Fatty liver disease induced by perfluorooctane sulfonate: Novel insight from transcriptome analysis. Chemosphere. 2016;159:166-177 pubmed publisher..The transcriptomic alterations revealed may serve as biomarkers for the hepatotoxic effect of PFOS. ..
- Perera E, YÃºfera M. Soybean Meal and Soy Protein Concentrate in Early Diet Elicit Different Nutritional Programming Effects on Juvenile Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2016;13:61-9 pubmed publisher..These findings sustain the rationale of using zebrafish for depicting molecular mechanisms involved in nutritional programming. ..
- Wu Z, Zhang W, Lu Y, Lu C. Transcriptome profiling of zebrafish infected with Streptococcus suis. Microb Pathog. 2010;48:178-87 pubmed publisher..Three genes (encoding serum amyloid protein A, matrix metalloproteinase 9 and apoptosis-related cysteine protease) and genes involved in the regulation of IL-6 biosynthetic ..
- Yin C, Kikuchi K, Hochgreb T, Poss K, Stainier D. Hand2 regulates extracellular matrix remodeling essential for gut-looping morphogenesis in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2010;18:973-84 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals an unexpected role for Hand2, a key regulator of cell specification and differentiation, in modulating ECM remodeling during organogenesis. ..
- Gamba L, Amin Javaheri A, Kim J, Warburton D, Lien C. Collagenolytic Activity Is Associated with Scar Resolution in Zebrafish Hearts after Cryoinjury. J Cardiovasc Dev Dis. 2017;4: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that collagenolytic activity may be key to how the zebrafish heart resolves its scar; however, it is not sufficient in mouse hearts that lack efficient myocardial regeneration. ..
- Ordas A, Kanwal Z, Lindenberg V, Rougeot J, Mink M, Spaink H, et al. MicroRNA-146 function in the innate immune transcriptome response of zebrafish embryos to Salmonella typhimurium infection. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:696 pubmed publisher..In contrast, apolipoprotein-mediated lipid transport emerged as an infection-inducible pathway under miR-146 knockdown conditions, suggesting a possible function of miR-146 in regulating lipid metabolism during inflammation...
- Díaz Pascual F, Ortíz Severín J, Varas M, Allende M, Chavez F. In vivo Host-Pathogen Interaction as Revealed by Global Proteomic Profiling of Zebrafish Larvae. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:334 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa. Our global proteomic profiling identifies novel molecular signatures that give systematic insight into zebrafish-Pseudomonas interaction. ..
- Zhou X, Siu W, Zhang C, Liu C, Cheng L, Kwok H, et al. Whole extracts of Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae and Radix Cyathulae promote angiogenesis in human umbilical vein endothelial cells in vitro and in zebrafish in vivo. Exp Ther Med. 2017;13:1032-1038 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the whole extracts of RAB and RC induced angiogenesis in HUVECs in vitro and in zebrafish in vivo via increasing cell migration. ..
- Rydeen A, Waxman J. Cyp26 Enzymes Facilitate Second Heart Field Progenitor Addition and Maintenance of Ventricular Integrity. PLoS Biol. 2016;14:e2000504 pubmed publisher..signaling negatively regulates fibroblast growth factor 8a (fgf8a) expression and positively regulates matrix metalloproteinase 9 (mmp9) expression...
- Rasighaemi P, Onnebo S, Liongue C, Ward A. ETV6 (TEL1) regulates embryonic hematopoiesis in zebrafish. Haematologica. 2015;100:23-31 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that ETV6 plays a broader and more complex role in early hematopoiesis than previously thought, impacting on the development of multiple lineages. ..
- Yoong S, O Connell B, Soanes A, Crowhurst M, Lieschke G, Ward A. Characterization of the zebrafish matrix metalloproteinase 9 gene and its developmental expression pattern. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:39-46 pubmed..expand the repertoire of molecular reagents available to study zebrafish myeloid cell development, the matrix metalloproteinase 9 (mmp9) gene from this organism has been identified and characterized...
- Facchinello N, Skobo T, Meneghetti G, Colletti E, Dinarello A, Tiso N, et al. nr3c1 null mutant zebrafish are viable and reveal DNA-binding-independent activities of the glucocorticoid receptor. Sci Rep. 2017;7:4371 pubmed publisher..Hence, the zebrafish gr mutant line appears as a useful tool to investigate Gr functions in an integrated in vivo model. ..
- de Vrieze E, van Kessel M, Peters H, Spanings F, Flik G, Metz J. Prednisolone induces osteoporosis-like phenotype in regenerating zebrafish scales. Osteoporos Int. 2014;25:567-78 pubmed publisher..An unsurpassed convenience and low cost then make the zebrafish scale a superior model for preclinical studies in osteoporosis research. ..
- Sharif F, de Bakker M, Richardson M. Osteoclast-like Cells in Early Zebrafish Embryos. Cell J. 2014;16:211-24 pubmed..Our findings show that cells expressing a range of osteoclast markers are present in early larvae and can be activated by the addition of osteoclastogenic compounds. ..
- Eisinger A, Nadauld L, Shelton D, Prescott S, Stafforini D, Jones D. Retinoic acid inhibits beta-catenin through suppression of Cox-2: a role for truncated adenomatous polyposis coli. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29394-400 pubmed..This novel function of truncated Apc may provide a molecular basis for the efficacy of COX-2 inhibitors in the treatment of colon cancer. ..
- Ulloa P, Solís C, De la Paz J, Alaurent T, Caruffo M, Hernández A, et al. Lactoferrin Decreases the Intestinal Inflammation Triggered by a Soybean Meal-Based Diet in Zebrafish. J Immunol Res. 2016;2016:1639720 pubmed publisher..Likewise, the transcription of genes involved in neutrophil migration and intestinal mucosal barrier functions (mmp9, muc2.2, and ?-def-1) were increased in 50SBM larvae but were normally expressed in 50SBM+LF1.5 larvae...
- Petrie T, Strand N, Yang C, Tsung Yang C, Rabinowitz J, Moon R. Macrophages modulate adult zebrafish tail fin regeneration. Development. 2014;141:2581-91 pubmed publisher..These results provide a cellular and molecular link between components of the inflammation response and regeneration in adult zebrafish. ..
- Liang J, Wang D, Renaud G, Wolfsberg T, Wilson A, Burgess S. The stat3/socs3a pathway is a key regulator of hair cell regeneration in zebrafish. [corrected]. J Neurosci. 2012;32:10662-73 pubmed publisher..2008; Zhu et al., 2008; Qin et al., 2009), we propose that the stat3/socs3 pathway is a key response in all tissue regeneration and thus an important therapeutic target for a broad application in tissue repair and injury healing. ..
- Zuo P, Fu Z, Tao T, Ye F, Chen L, Wang X, et al. The expression of glia maturation factors and the effect of glia maturation factor-? on angiogenic sprouting in zebrafish. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:707-17 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expressions of angiogenic factors VEGF-A, STAT3, MMP2, MMP9, and MMP13 were significantly decreased in endothelial cells of GMFG morphants...
- Le Corre S, Eyre D, Drummond I. Modulation of the secretory pathway rescues zebrafish polycystic kidney disease pathology. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25:1749-59 pubmed publisher..Restoration of normal rates of secretory protein synthesis and secretion may be a new target in the treatment of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. ..
- Torraca V, Tulotta C, Snaar Jagalska B, Meijer A. The chemokine receptor CXCR4 promotes granuloma formation by sustaining a mycobacteria-induced angiogenesis programme. Sci Rep. 2017;7:45061 pubmed publisher..Expression of vegfaa was upregulated to a similar extent in cxcr4b mutants and wildtypes, suggesting that the granuloma vascularisation phenotype of cxcr4b mutants is independent of vascular endothelial growth factor. ..
- Eisinger A, Nadauld L, Shelton D, Peterson P, Phelps R, Chidester S, et al. The adenomatous polyposis coli tumor suppressor gene regulates expression of cyclooxygenase-2 by a mechanism that involves retinoic acid. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20474-82 pubmed
- Lewis R, Stephenson S, Ward A. Constitutive activation of zebrafish Stat5 expands hematopoietic cell populations in vivo. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:179-87 pubmed..These data implicate Stat5 activity as a direct critical regulator of hematological cell proliferation, suggesting a causal role for constitutively-active Stat5 in the etiology of hematological malignancies. ..
- Aluru N, Deak K, Jenny M, Hahn M. Developmental exposure to valproic acid alters the expression of microRNAs involved in neurodevelopment in zebrafish. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2013;40:46-58 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the teratogenic effects of valproic acid could involve altered miRNA expression. ..