Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mmp2
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 2
Alias: wu:fa99h12, wu:fk89d01, 72 kDa type IV collagenase, Gelatinase A, matrix metalloproteinase 2
- Swindell E, Yuan Q, Maili L, Tandon B, Wagner D, Hecht J. Crispld2 is required for neural crest cell migration and cell viability during zebrafish craniofacial development. Genesis. 2015;53:660-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate an important role for Crispld2 in NCC migration during craniofacial development and suggests involvement of Crispld2 in cell viability during formation of the orofacies. ..
- Rekha R, Amali A, Her G, Yeh Y, Gong H, Hu S, et al. Thioacetamide accelerates steatohepatitis, cirrhosis and HCC by expressing HCV core protein in transgenic zebrafish Danio rerio. Toxicology. 2008;243:11-22 pubmed
- Wu F, Song H, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Mu Q, Jiang M, et al. Irisin Induces Angiogenesis in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells In Vitro and in Zebrafish Embryos In Vivo via Activation of the ERK Signaling Pathway. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0134662 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings provided direct evidence that irisin may play a pivotal role in maintaining endothelium homeostasis by promoting endothelial cell angiogenesis via the ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang H, Zhao G, Yokoyama T, Vega H, Huang Y, et al. ATP6V1H Deficiency Impairs Bone Development through Activation of MMP9 and MMP13. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006481 pubmed publisher..We propose that MMP9/MMP13 could be therapeutic targets for patients with this rare genetic disease. ..
- Chen Q, Jia A, Snyder S, Gong Z, Lam S. Glucocorticoid activity detected by in vivo zebrafish assay and in vitro glucocorticoid receptor bioassay at environmental relevant concentrations. Chemosphere. 2016;144:1162-9 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrated the important complementary roles of in vivo zebrafish and in vitro bioassays coupled with analytical chemistry in monitoring environmental glucocorticoid contaminants. ..
- Tu X, Deng Y, Chen J, Hu Q, He C, Jordan J, et al. Screening study on the anti-angiogenic effects of Traditional Chinese Medicine - Part I: Heat-clearing and detoxicating TCM. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;194:280-287 pubmed publisher..The results provide new insights into their clinical application and therapeutic potential for the management of angiogenesis-dependent diseases such as cancer. ..
- Chu L, Li J, Liu Y, Hu W, Cheng C. Targeted gene disruption in zebrafish reveals noncanonical functions of LH signaling in reproduction. Mol Endocrinol. 2014;28:1785-95 pubmed publisher..LH signaling is demonstrated to control oocyte maturation and ovulation in the ovary. ..
- Lin J, Chang L, Lai C, Lin K, Lin M, Yang C, et al. Development of an Animal Model for Alcoholic Liver Disease in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:271-80 pubmed publisher..As these data reflect characteristic liver damage by alcohol in humans, this zebrafish animal model may serve as a powerful tool to study the pathogenesis and treatment of ALD and its related disorders in humans. ..
- Janssens E, Gaublomme D, De Groef L, Darras V, Arckens L, Delorme N, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 14 in the zebrafish: an eye on retinal and retinotectal development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52915 pubmed publisher..As mammalian MMP14 is known to act as an efficient MMP2-activator, we also explored and found a functional link and a possible co-involvement of Mmp2 and Mmp14a in ..
- Liang J, Wang D, Renaud G, Wolfsberg T, Wilson A, Burgess S. The stat3/socs3a pathway is a key regulator of hair cell regeneration in zebrafish. [corrected]. J Neurosci. 2012;32:10662-73 pubmed publisher..2008; Zhu et al., 2008; Qin et al., 2009), we propose that the stat3/socs3 pathway is a key response in all tissue regeneration and thus an important therapeutic target for a broad application in tissue repair and injury healing. ..
- Detry B, Erpicum C, Paupert J, Blacher S, Maillard C, Bruyére F, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 governs lymphatic vessel formation as an interstitial collagenase. Blood. 2012;119:5048-56 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrate how matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 drives lymphatic morphogenesis through Mmp2-gene ablation in mice, mmp2 knockdown in zebrafish and in 3D-culture systems, and through MMP2 inhibition...
- Crawford B, Pilgrim D. Ontogeny and regulation of matrix metalloproteinase activity in the zebrafish embryo by in vitro and in vivo zymography. Dev Biol. 2005;286:405-14 pubmed..Mixed lysate assays demonstrate that this is the result of endogenous inhibitors present in early embryos, suggesting a model of matrix remodeling regulated by spatially heterogeneous MMP inhibition. ..
- de Vrieze E, van Kessel M, Peters H, Spanings F, Flik G, Metz J. Prednisolone induces osteoporosis-like phenotype in regenerating zebrafish scales. Osteoporos Int. 2014;25:567-78 pubmed publisher..An unsurpassed convenience and low cost then make the zebrafish scale a superior model for preclinical studies in osteoporosis research. ..
- Zhou X, Siu W, Zhang C, Liu C, Cheng L, Kwok H, et al. Whole extracts of Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae and Radix Cyathulae promote angiogenesis in human umbilical vein endothelial cells in vitro and in zebrafish in vivo. Exp Ther Med. 2017;13:1032-1038 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the whole extracts of RAB and RC induced angiogenesis in HUVECs in vitro and in zebrafish in vivo via increasing cell migration. ..
- Takacs C, Giraldez A. miR-430 regulates oriented cell division during neural tube development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2016;409:442-50 pubmed publisher..We propose that miR-430, independently of canonical apicobasal and planar cell polarity (PCP) pathways, coordinates the stereotypical cell divisions that instruct neural tube morphogenesis. ..
- Leigh N, Schupp M, Li K, Padmanabhan V, Gastonguay A, Wang L, et al. Mmp17b is essential for proper neural crest cell migration in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76484 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study has identified the first pair of MMP, and their putative MMP inhibitor RECK that functions together in NC cell migration. ..
- Johnson A, Turko A, Klaiman J, Johnston E, Gillis T. Cold acclimation alters the connective tissue content of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) heart. J Exp Biol. 2014;217:1868-75 pubmed publisher..Cold-acclimated zebrafish also increased expression of the gene transcript for matrix metalloproteinase 2, matrix metalloproteinase 9, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 and collagen Type I ?1...
- Qi F, Song J, Yang H, Gao W, Liu N, Zhang B, et al. Mmp23b promotes liver development and hepatocyte proliferation through the tumor necrosis factor pathway in zebrafish. Hepatology. 2010;52:2158-66 pubmed publisher..Because mmp23b/MMP23B is highly conserved, our findings in zebrafish warrant further investigation of its role in regulating liver development in mammals. ..
- McCormick J, Paiva M, HÃ¤ggblom M, Cooper K, White L. Embryonic exposure to tetrabromobisphenol A and its metabolites, bisphenol A and tetrabromobisphenol A dimethyl ether disrupts normal zebrafish (Danio rerio) development and matrix metalloproteinase expression. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;100:255-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that TBBPA is more potent than BPA or TBBPA DME and indicate that the trunk and tail phenotypes seen after TBBPA exposure could be due in part to alteration of proper MMP expression and activity. ..
- Andreasen E, Mathew L, LOHR C, Hasson R, Tanguay R. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation impairs extracellular matrix remodeling during zebra fish fin regeneration. Toxicol Sci. 2007;95:215-26 pubmed..Quantitative real-time PCR studies revealed that the aryl hydrocarbon pathway is active and that matrix-remodeling genes are expressed in the regenerate following TCDD exposure. ..
- Lien C, Schebesta M, Makino S, Weber G, Keating M. Gene expression analysis of zebrafish heart regeneration. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e260 pubmed..Our data indicate that zebrafish heart regeneration is associated with sequentially upregulated wound healing genes and growth factors and suggest that PDGF signaling is required. ..
- Le Corre S, Eyre D, Drummond I. Modulation of the secretory pathway rescues zebrafish polycystic kidney disease pathology. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25:1749-59 pubmed publisher..Restoration of normal rates of secretory protein synthesis and secretion may be a new target in the treatment of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. ..
- de Vrieze E, Moren M, Metz J, Flik G, Lie K. Arachidonic acid enhances turnover of the dermal skeleton: studies on zebrafish scales. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89347 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish scale is an excellent model to study how and which fatty acids affect skeletal formation...
- Ulrich F, Carretero Ortega J, MenÃ©ndez J, Narvaez C, Sun B, Lancaster E, et al. Reck enables cerebrovascular development by promoting canonical Wnt signaling. Development. 2016;143:147-59 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings have broad implications for both vascular and cancer biology. ..
- Cao J, Navis A, Cox B, Dickson A, Gemberling M, Karra R, et al. Single epicardial cell transcriptome sequencing identifies Caveolin 1 as an essential factor in zebrafish heart regeneration. Development. 2016;143:232-43 pubmed publisher..Our study defines a new platform for the discovery of epicardial lineage markers, genetic tools, and mechanisms of heart regeneration. ..
- Zuo P, Fu Z, Tao T, Ye F, Chen L, Wang X, et al. The expression of glia maturation factors and the effect of glia maturation factor-? on angiogenic sprouting in zebrafish. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:707-17 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expressions of angiogenic factors VEGF-A, STAT3, MMP2, MMP9, and MMP13 were significantly decreased in endothelial cells of GMFG morphants...
- Huang L, Wang C, Zhang Y, Li J, Zhong Y, Zhou Y, et al. Benzo[a]pyrene exposure influences the cardiac development and the expression of cardiovascular relative genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Chemosphere. 2012;87:369-75 pubmed publisher..The information from the network could provide a clue for further mechanistic studies explaining molecular events regulating B(a)P-mediated cardiovascular defects and consequences. ..
- Lim S, Esain V, Kwan W, Theodore L, Cortes M, Frost I, et al. HIF1?-induced PDGFR? signaling promotes developmental HSC production via IL-6 activation. Exp Hematol. 2017;46:83-95.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings define a Hif1?-regulated signaling axis mediated through PBFGB/PDGFR? and IL-6/IL-6R that acts to control embryonic HSPC production. ..
- Yin C, Kikuchi K, Hochgreb T, Poss K, Stainier D. Hand2 regulates extracellular matrix remodeling essential for gut-looping morphogenesis in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2010;18:973-84 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals an unexpected role for Hand2, a key regulator of cell specification and differentiation, in modulating ECM remodeling during organogenesis. ..
- Gamba L, Amin Javaheri A, Kim J, Warburton D, Lien C. Collagenolytic Activity Is Associated with Scar Resolution in Zebrafish Hearts after Cryoinjury. J Cardiovasc Dev Dis. 2017;4: pubmed publisher..We detected expression of mmp2 and mmp14a and these matrix metalloproteinases might contribute to the collagenase activity...