Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mmp13a
Description: matrix metallopeptidase 13a
Alias: cb1034, mmp13, matrix metalloproteinase 13a, MMPLg, MMPLh, matrix metallopeptidase 13a (collagenase 3), matrix metalloproteinase 13
- Rodius S, Nazarov P, Nepomuceno Chamorro I, Jeanty C, GonzÃ¡lez Rosa J, Ibberson M, et al. Transcriptional response to cardiac injury in the zebrafish: systematic identification of genes with highly concordant activity across in vivo models. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:852 pubmed publisher..We identified genes with potential critical roles in the response to cardiac damage in the zebrafish. Their transcriptional activities are reproducible in different in vivo models of cardiac injury. ..
- Reischauer S, Levesque M, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C, Sonawane M. Lgl2 executes its function as a tumor suppressor by regulating ErbB signaling in the zebrafish epidermis. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000720 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal that pen/lgl2 functions as a tumor suppressor gene in vertebrates, establishing zebrafish pen/lgl2 mutants as a valuable cancer model. ..
- Niu N, Shao R, Yan G, Zou W. Bromodomain and Extra-terminal (BET) Protein Inhibitors Suppress Chondrocyte Differentiation and Restrain Bone Growth. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:26647-26657 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that BET bromodomain inhibition may have side effects on skeletal bone structures. ..
- Hillegass J, Villano C, Cooper K, White L. Matrix metalloproteinase-13 is required for zebra fish (Danio rerio) development and is a target for glucocorticoids. Toxicol Sci. 2007;100:168-79 pubmed
- Hartig E, Zhu S, King B, Coffman J. Cortisol-treated zebrafish embryos develop into pro-inflammatory adults with aberrant immune gene regulation. Biol Open. 2016;5:1134-41 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that chronically elevated glucocorticoid signaling early in life directs development of a pro-inflammatory adult phenotype, at the expense of immunoregulation and somatic regenerative capacity. ..
- Yoong S, O Connell B, Soanes A, Crowhurst M, Lieschke G, Ward A. Characterization of the zebrafish matrix metalloproteinase 9 gene and its developmental expression pattern. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:39-46 pubmed..In the adult, mmp9 expression was most prominent in the splenic cords, a site occupied by mature myeloid cells in other species. These results suggest that mmp9 will serve as a useful marker of mature myeloid cells in the zebrafish. ..
- Lebert D, Squirrell J, Rindy J, Broadbridge E, Lui Y, Zakrzewska A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 9 modulates collagen matrices and wound repair. Development. 2015;142:2136-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, Mmp9 regulates both acute and chronic tissue damage and plays an essential role in collagen reorganization during wound repair. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang H, Zhao G, Yokoyama T, Vega H, Huang Y, et al. ATP6V1H Deficiency Impairs Bone Development through Activation of MMP9 and MMP13. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006481 pubmed publisher..reduction in the number of mature calcified bone cells and a dramatic increase in the expression of mmp9 and mmp13. Heterozygous adults showed curved vertebra that lack calcified centrum structure and reduced bone mass and ..
- Chen J, Tanguay R, Xiao Y, Haggard D, Ge X, Jia Y, et al. TBBPA exposure during a sensitive developmental window produces neurobehavioral changes in larval zebrafish. Environ Pollut. 2016;216:53-63 pubmed publisher..In summary, TBBPA exposure during a narrow, sensitive developmental window perturbs various molecular pathways and results in neurobehavioral deficits in zebrafish. ..
- Gamba L, Amin Javaheri A, Kim J, Warburton D, Lien C. Collagenolytic Activity Is Associated with Scar Resolution in Zebrafish Hearts after Cryoinjury. J Cardiovasc Dev Dis. 2017;4: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that collagenolytic activity may be key to how the zebrafish heart resolves its scar; however, it is not sufficient in mouse hearts that lack efficient myocardial regeneration. ..
- Pruvot B, Quiroz Y, Voncken A, Jeanray N, Piot A, Martial J, et al. A panel of biological tests reveals developmental effects of pharmaceutical pollutants on late stage zebrafish embryos. Reprod Toxicol. 2012;34:568-83 pubmed publisher..Our results allow us to compare various toxicological endpoints and may contribute to the design of a rational high throughput approach using the zebrafish model. ..
- Shelton D, Sandoval I, Eisinger A, Chidester S, Ratnayake A, Ireland C, et al. Up-regulation of CYP26A1 in adenomatous polyposis coli-deficient vertebrates via a WNT-dependent mechanism: implications for intestinal cell differentiation and colon tumor development. Cancer Res. 2006;66:7571-7 pubmed..These findings support a novel role for APC in balancing retinoic acid biosynthesis and catabolism through WNT-independent and WNT-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Sarras M, Leontovich A, Olsen A, Intine R. Impaired tissue regeneration corresponds with altered expression of developmental genes that persists in the metabolic memory state of diabetic zebrafish. Wound Repair Regen. 2013;21:320-8 pubmed publisher..The aberrant expression of key regulatory genes in the DM state that persist into the MM state provides a plausible explanation on how hyperglycemia induced impaired fin regeneration in the adult zebrafish DM/MM model. ..
- Qian F, Zhen F, Ong C, Jin S, Meng Soo H, Stainier D, et al. Microarray analysis of zebrafish cloche mutant using amplified cDNA and identification of potential downstream target genes. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1163-72 pubmed..cahz), claudin g (cldn g), zinc-finger-like gene 2 (znfl2), neutrophil cytosol factor 1 (ncf1), matrix metalloproteinase 13 (mmp13), dual specificity phosphatase 5 (dusp5), and a novel gene referred as zebrafish vessel-specific ..
- Lee H, Chen Y, Liu Y, Lin K, Chen S, Lin C, et al. Transgenic zebrafish model to study translational control mediated by upstream open reading frame of human chop gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:e139 pubmed publisher..Therefore, using the huORFZ embryos allows us to study the regulatory network involved in human uORF(chop)-mediated translational inhibition. ..
- Yang L, Ho N, Muller F, Strahle U. Methyl mercury suppresses the formation of the tail primordium in developing zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2010;115:379-90 pubmed publisher..The matrix metalloproteases mmp9 and mmp13 and eight other genes are induced in the embryonic tail in response to MeHg...
- Hillegass J, Villano C, Cooper K, White L. Glucocorticoids alter craniofacial development and increase expression and activity of matrix metalloproteinases in developing zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Sci. 2008;102:413-24 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that in the embryonic zebrafish, dexamethasone, and hydrocortisone alter expression and activity of MMP-2 and -9, and suggest that these increases may be mediated through the GR. ..
- Henry T, Menn F, Fleming J, Wilgus J, Compton R, Sayler G. Attributing effects of aqueous C60 nano-aggregates to tetrahydrofuran decomposition products in larval zebrafish by assessment of gene expression. Environ Health Perspect. 2007;115:1059-65 pubmed..Previous research has indicated toxicity from C(60) aggregate; however, effects could be because of tetrahydrofuran (THF) vehicle used to prepare aggregates...
- Chen Q, Jia A, Snyder S, Gong Z, Lam S. Glucocorticoid activity detected by in vivo zebrafish assay and in vitro glucocorticoid receptor bioassay at environmental relevant concentrations. Chemosphere. 2016;144:1162-9 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrated the important complementary roles of in vivo zebrafish and in vitro bioassays coupled with analytical chemistry in monitoring environmental glucocorticoid contaminants. ..
- Seo S, Dananjaya S, Nikapitiya C, Park B, Gooneratne R, Kim T, et al. Silver nanoparticles enhance wound healing in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;68:536-545 pubmed publisher..However, the detailed mechanism of enhanced wound healing remains to be investigated in fish. ..
- Tao T, Shi H, Huang D, Peng J. Def functions as a cell autonomous factor in organogenesis of digestive organs in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58858 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Def functions in a cell autonomous manner during early liver development and aberrant Def protein expression might lead to disruption of the structural integrity of a normal adult liver. ..
- Lisse T, Middleton L, Pellegrini A, Martin P, Spaulding E, Lopes O, et al. Paclitaxel-induced epithelial damage and ectopic MMP-13 expression promotes neurotoxicity in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2189-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies provide evidence that the epidermis plays a critical role in this condition, and we provide a previously unidentified candidate for therapeutic interventions. ..
- Perera E, YÃºfera M. Soybean Meal and Soy Protein Concentrate in Early Diet Elicit Different Nutritional Programming Effects on Juvenile Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2016;13:61-9 pubmed publisher..These findings sustain the rationale of using zebrafish for depicting molecular mechanisms involved in nutritional programming. ..
- McCormick J, Paiva M, HÃ¤ggblom M, Cooper K, White L. Embryonic exposure to tetrabromobisphenol A and its metabolites, bisphenol A and tetrabromobisphenol A dimethyl ether disrupts normal zebrafish (Danio rerio) development and matrix metalloproteinase expression. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;100:255-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that TBBPA is more potent than BPA or TBBPA DME and indicate that the trunk and tail phenotypes seen after TBBPA exposure could be due in part to alteration of proper MMP expression and activity. ..
- Zhang Y, Bai X, Zhu K, Jin Y, Deng M, Le H, et al. In vivo interstitial migration of primitive macrophages mediated by JNK-matrix metalloproteinase 13 signaling in response to acute injury. J Immunol. 2008;181:2155-64 pubmed..recruitment of phosphorylated C-Jun transcription factor to proximal AP-1 sites in the promoter of matrix metalloproteinase 13 (mmp13), a gene specifically expressed in primitive macrophages during embryogenesis and required for ..
- Crawford B, Pilgrim D. Ontogeny and regulation of matrix metalloproteinase activity in the zebrafish embryo by in vitro and in vivo zymography. Dev Biol. 2005;286:405-14 pubmed..Mixed lysate assays demonstrate that this is the result of endogenous inhibitors present in early embryos, suggesting a model of matrix remodeling regulated by spatially heterogeneous MMP inhibition. ..
- Hausen J, Otte J, StrÃ¤hle U, Hammers Wirtz M, Hollert H, Keiter S, et al. Fold-change threshold screening: a robust algorithm to unmask hidden gene expression patterns in noisy aggregated transcriptome data. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:16384-92 pubmed publisher..In addition, it is able to unmask patterns in altered genetic expression hidden by data noise and reduces the chance of type II errors, e.g., in environmental screening. ..
- Petrie T, Strand N, Yang C, Tsung Yang C, Rabinowitz J, Moon R. Macrophages modulate adult zebrafish tail fin regeneration. Development. 2014;141:2581-91 pubmed publisher..These results provide a cellular and molecular link between components of the inflammation response and regeneration in adult zebrafish. ..
- Nesan D, Vijayan M. Embryo exposure to elevated cortisol level leads to cardiac performance dysfunction in zebrafish. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;363:85-91 pubmed publisher..Altogether, high cortisol content during embryogenesis, mimicking increased deposition due to maternal stress, decreases cardiac performance and may reduce zebrafish offspring survival. ..
- Keightley M, Layton J, Hayman J, Heath J, Lieschke G. Mediator subunit 12 is required for neutrophil development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23845 pubmed publisher..Syr shows defects in hematopoiesis, which predominantly affect the myeloid lineage. Syr has identified a hematopoietic cell-specific requirement for Med12, suggesting a new role for this transcriptional regulator. ..