Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mitfa
Description: microphthalmia-associated transcription factor a
Alias: nacre, z3A.1, microphthalmia-associated transcription factor, Mitf-related, Mitf2, microphthalmia-related protein, nac
- Timme Laragy A, Karchner S, Franks D, Jenny M, Harbeitner R, Goldstone J, et al. Nrf2b, novel zebrafish paralog of oxidant-responsive transcription factor NF-E2-related factor 2 (NRF2). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:4609-27 pubmed publisher..The identification of zebrafish nrf2 co-orthologs will facilitate new understanding of the multiple roles of NRF2 in protecting vertebrate embryos from oxidative damage. ..
- Watanabe M, Kondo S. Changing clothes easily: connexin41.8 regulates skin pattern variation. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2012;25:326-30 pubmed publisher..In this process, connexin41.8 (or its mutant form) was ectopically expressed using the mitfa promoter. Specifically, the leopard pattern was generated as predicted by Turing's model...
- Lister J, Robertson C, Lepage T, Johnson S, Raible D. nacre encodes a zebrafish microphthalmia-related protein that regulates neural-crest-derived pigment cell fate. Development. 1999;126:3757-67 pubmed..Homozygous nacre (nac(w2)) mutants lack melanophores throughout development but have increased numbers of iridophores...
- Mellgren E, Johnson S. A requirement for kit in embryonic zebrafish melanocyte differentiation is revealed by melanoblast delay. Dev Genes Evol. 2004;214:493-502 pubmed..When melanoblast development in zebrafish embryos is delayed by injecting morpholinos targeted to the mitfa gene, we show that these delayed melanoblasts fail to differentiate in kit mutants...
- Parichy D, Rawls J, Pratt S, Whitfield T, Johnson S. Zebrafish sparse corresponds to an orthologue of c-kit and is required for the morphogenesis of a subpopulation of melanocytes, but is not essential for hematopoiesis or primordial germ cell development. Development. 1999;126:3425-36 pubmed..These unexpected differences may reflect evolutionary divergence in c-kit functions following gene duplication events in teleosts. ..
- Gutierrez A, Grebliunaite R, Feng H, Kozakewich E, Zhu S, Guo F, et al. Pten mediates Myc oncogene dependence in a conditional zebrafish model of T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. J Exp Med. 2011;208:1595-603 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Akt pathway activation is sufficient for tumor maintenance in this model, even after loss of survival signals driven by the MYC oncogene. ..
- Budi E, Patterson L, Parichy D. Post-embryonic nerve-associated precursors to adult pigment cells: genetic requirements and dynamics of morphogenesis and differentiation. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002044 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a foundation for future studies of post-embryonic pigment cell precursors in development, evolution, and neoplasia...
- Cooper C, Linbo T, Raible D. Kit and foxd3 genetically interact to regulate melanophore survival in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:875-86 pubmed publisher..Ectopic expression of foxd3 indicates that foxd3 promotes early melanophore death only when kit is inactive. Taken together, these data suggest a kit-dependent role for foxd3 in the regulation of melanophore survival...
- Stewart R, Arduini B, Berghmans S, George R, Kanki J, Henion P, et al. Zebrafish foxd3 is selectively required for neural crest specification, migration and survival. Dev Biol. 2006;292:174-88 pubmed
- Piloto S, Schilling T. Ovo1 links Wnt signaling with N-cadherin localization during neural crest migration. Development. 2010;137:1981-90 pubmed publisher..Similar processes probably occur in other cell types in which Wnt signaling promotes migration. ..
- Curran K, Lister J, Kunkel G, Prendergast A, Parichy D, Raible D. Interplay between Foxd3 and Mitf regulates cell fate plasticity in the zebrafish neural crest. Dev Biol. 2010;344:107-18 pubmed publisher..Loss of mitfa, a key regulator of melanophore development, resulted in supernumerary ectopic iridophores while loss of foxd3, a ..
- Yang C, Johnson S. Small molecule-induced ablation and subsequent regeneration of larval zebrafish melanocytes. Development. 2006;133:3563-73 pubmed..Our results suggest that a small number of melanocyte precursors or stem cells unevenly distributed in larvae are drawn upon to reconstitute the larval melanocyte population following melanocyte ablation by MoTP. ..
- Budi E, Patterson L, Parichy D. Embryonic requirements for ErbB signaling in neural crest development and adult pigment pattern formation. Development. 2008;135:2603-14 pubmed publisher..These data identify a very early, embryonic, requirement for erbb3b in the development of much later metamorphic melanophores, and suggest complex modes by which ErbB signals promote adult pigment pattern development...
- Lee Y, Nachtrab G, Klinsawat P, Hami D, Poss K. Ras controls melanocyte expansion during zebrafish fin stripe regeneration. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:496-503 pubmed publisher..increases in active Ras stimulated the in situ amplification of undifferentiated melanocyte precursors expressing mitfa and kita...
- Dooley C, Mongera A, Walderich B, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C. On the embryonic origin of adult melanophores: the role of ErbB and Kit signalling in establishing melanophore stem cells in zebrafish. Development. 2013;140:1003-13 pubmed publisher..Upon depletion of larval melanophores by morpholino knockdown of Mitfa, the embryonic MPs are prematurely activated; their progeny migrate along the spinal nerves restoring the larval ..
- Scott E, Mason L, Arrenberg A, Ziv L, Gosse N, Xiao T, et al. Targeting neural circuitry in zebrafish using GAL4 enhancer trapping. Nat Methods. 2007;4:323-6 pubmed..Through targeted photoconversion of UAS-driven Kaede and variegated expression of UAS-driven GFP in single cells, we begin to characterize the cellular components of labeled circuits. ..
- Lang M, Patterson L, Gordon T, Johnson S, Parichy D. Basonuclin-2 requirements for zebrafish adult pigment pattern development and female fertility. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000744 pubmed publisher..These findings identify bnc2 as an important mediator of adult pigment pattern formation and identify bonaparte mutants as an animal model for dissecting bnc2 functions...
- Eom D, Inoue S, Patterson L, Gordon T, Slingwine R, Kondo S, et al. Melanophore migration and survival during zebrafish adult pigment stripe development require the immunoglobulin superfamily adhesion molecule Igsf11. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002899 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insights into adult pigment pattern morphogenesis and how cellular interactions mediate pattern formation...
- Curran K, Raible D, Lister J. Foxd3 controls melanophore specification in the zebrafish neural crest by regulation of Mitf. Dev Biol. 2009;332:408-17 pubmed publisher..Foxd3 regulates this fate choice by repressing the mitfa promoter in a subset of neural crest cells...
- Altschmied J, Delfgaauw J, Wilde B, Duschl J, Bouneau L, Volff J, et al. Subfunctionalization of duplicate mitf genes associated with differential degeneration of alternative exons in fish. Genetics. 2002;161:259-67 pubmed..Retracing the evolutionary history of mitf genes in vertebrates uncovered the differential recruitment of new introns specific for either the teleost or the bird/mammalian lineage. ..
- Lister J, Cooper C, Nguyen K, Modrell M, Grant K, Raible D. Zebrafish Foxd3 is required for development of a subset of neural crest derivatives. Dev Biol. 2006;290:92-104 pubmed
- Mahalwar P, Walderich B, Singh A, NÃ¼sslein Volhard C. Local reorganization of xanthophores fine-tunes and colors the striped pattern of zebrafish. Science. 2014;345:1362-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, xanthophores, attracted by iridophores and repelling melanophores, sharpen and color the pattern. Variations on these cell behaviors may contribute to the generation of color pattern diversity in fish. ..
- Liu X, Li Y, Shinton S, Rhodes J, Tang L, Feng H, et al. Zebrafish B Cell Development without a Pre-B Cell Stage, Revealed by CD79 Fluorescence Reporter Transgenes. J Immunol. 2017;199:1706-1715 pubmed publisher..This confirmed a conserved role for CD79 in B cell development and differentiation, without the requirement of a pre-B cell stage in zebrafish. ..
- Ridges S, Heaton W, Joshi D, Choi H, Eiring A, Batchelor L, et al. Zebrafish screen identifies novel compound with selective toxicity against leukemia. Blood. 2012;119:5621-31 pubmed publisher..Although our efforts focused on leukemia therapy, this screening approach has broad implications as it can be translated to other cancer types involving malignant degeneration of developmentally arrested cells. ..
- Ohishi K, Toume K, Arai M, Koyano T, Kowithayakorn T, Mizoguchi T, et al. 9-Hydroxycanthin-6-one, a Î²-Carboline Alkaloid from Eurycoma longifolia, Is the First Wnt Signal Inhibitor through Activation of Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3Î² without Depending on Casein Kinase 1Î±. J Nat Prod. 2015;78:1139-46 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 1 inhibits Wnt signaling through the activation of GSK3Î² independent of CK1Î±. ..
- Tan J, Fogley R, Flynn R, Ablain J, Yang S, Saint André V, et al. Stress from Nucleotide Depletion Activates the Transcriptional Regulator HEXIM1 to Suppress Melanoma. Mol Cell. 2016;62:34-46 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals an important role for HEXIM1 in coupling nucleotide metabolism with transcriptional regulation in melanoma. ..
- Roh Johnson M, Shah A, Stonick J, Poudel K, Kargl J, Yang G, et al. Macrophage-Dependent Cytoplasmic Transfer during Melanoma Invasion In Vivo. Dev Cell. 2017;43:549-562.e6 pubmed publisher..Thus, we present a model in which macrophage/tumor cell contact allows for the transfer of cytoplasmic molecules from macrophages to tumor cells corresponding to increased tumor cell motility and dissemination. ..
- Zhu S, Zhang X, Weichert Leahey N, Dong Z, Zhang C, Lopez G, et al. LMO1 Synergizes with MYCN to Promote Neuroblastoma Initiation and Metastasis. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:310-323.e5 pubmed publisher..Our results provide in vivo validation of LMO1 as an important oncogene that promotes neuroblastoma initiation, progression, and widespread metastatic dissemination. ..
- Breacker C, Barber I, Norton W, McDearmid J, Tilley C. A Low-Cost Method of Skin Swabbing for the Collection of DNA Samples from Small Laboratory Fish. Zebrafish. 2017;14:35-41 pubmed publisher..Further work is now required to determine the relative effects of fin clipping and swabbing on the stress responses and subsequent health of fish, and hence the potential of swabbing as a refinement to existing DNA sampling procedures. ..
- Nyholm M, Wu S, Dorsky R, Grinblat Y. The zebrafish zic2a-zic5 gene pair acts downstream of canonical Wnt signaling to control cell proliferation in the developing tectum. Development. 2007;134:735-46 pubmed..Collectively these findings suggest that Wnts control midbrain proliferation, at least in part, through regulation of two novel target genes, the zic2a-zic5 gene pair. ..
- Wang Z, Nishimura Y, Shimada Y, Umemoto N, Hirano M, Zang L, et al. Zebrafish beta-adrenergic receptor mRNA expression and control of pigmentation. Gene. 2009;446:18-27 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that adrb2a may regulate pigmentation, partly by modulating F1F0-ATPase. ..
- Eom D, Parichy D. A macrophage relay for long-distance signaling during postembryonic tissue remodeling. Science. 2017;355:1317-1320 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a role for macrophages in relaying long-range signals between nonimmune cells. This signaling modality may function in the remodeling and homeostasis of other tissues during normal development and disease. ..
- Sung Y, Kim J, Kim H, Lee J, Jeon J, Jin Y, et al. Highly efficient gene knockout in mice and zebrafish with RNA-guided endonucleases. Genome Res. 2014;24:125-31 pubmed publisher..We propose that RGEN-mediated mutagenesis in animals will greatly expedite the creation of genetically engineered model organisms, accelerating functional genomic research. ..
- Lister J, Capper A, Zeng Z, Mathers M, Richardson J, Paranthaman K, et al. A conditional zebrafish MITF mutation reveals MITF levels are critical for melanoma promotion vs. regression in vivo. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:133-140 pubmed publisher..These studies are significant because they show that targeting MITF activity is a potent antitumor mechanism, but also show that caution is required because low levels of wild-type MITF activity are oncogenic. ..
- Huang L, Wang C, Zhang Y, Wu M, Zuo Z. Phenanthrene causes ocular developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos and the possible mechanisms involved. J Hazard Mater. 2013;261:172-80 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we demonstrated that AhR was a repressor of Zeb1. We propose that Phe's ocular toxicity is mediated by up-regulating AhR, which then down-regulates Zeb1, in turn inducing Mitf expression while inhibiting Pax6 expression. ..
- Dovey M, White R, Zon L. Oncogenic NRAS cooperates with p53 loss to generate melanoma in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2009;6:397-404 pubmed publisher..applied to generate fish that express human oncogenic NRAS(Q61K) under the control of the melanocyte-restricted mitfa promoter...
- Li L, Ji D, Teng L, Zhang S, Li H. Identification and expression of lypc, a novel dark-inducible member of Ly6 superfamily in zebrafish Danio rerio. Gene. 2015;574:69-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that lypc is a novel dark-inducible Ly6 member with a predominant expression in the pigment cells of zebrafish, laying a foundation for further elucidation of its functions. ..
- Cornell R, Yemm E, Bonde G, Li W, d Alençon C, Wegman L, et al. Touchtone promotes survival of embryonic melanophores in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1365-76 pubmed..Analysis of expression of dopachrome tautomerase (dct) and microphthalmia (mitfa) suggests that melanophore precursors are specified normally in homozygous tct mutants...
- Nguyen C, Langenbacher A, Hsieh M, Chen J. The PAF1 complex component Leo1 is essential for cardiac and neural crest development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;341:167-75 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expression levels of markers for neural crest-derived cells such as crestin, gch2, dct and mitfa are greatly reduced in leo1(LA1186) mutants, indicating a requirement for Leo1 in maintaining the neural crest ..
- Ishitani T, Matsumoto K, Chitnis A, Itoh M. Nrarp functions to modulate neural-crest-cell differentiation by regulating LEF1 protein stability. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1106-12 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of LEF1 does not affect Notch activity or vice versa. These findings reveal that Nrarp independently regulates canonical Wnt and Notch signalling by modulating LEF1 and Notch protein turnover, respectively. ..
- Lister J, Lane B, Nguyen A, Lunney K. Embryonic expression of zebrafish MiT family genes tfe3b, tfeb, and tfec. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2529-38 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish genome contain two mitf (mitfa and mitfb), two tfe3 (tfe3a and tfe3b), and single tfeb and tfec genes; this distribution is shared with other ..
- Greenhill E, Rocco A, Vibert L, Nikaido M, Kelsh R. An iterative genetic and dynamical modelling approach identifies novel features of the gene regulatory network underlying melanocyte development. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002265 pubmed publisher..not required for ongoing differentiation and expression is downregulated in differentiating cells, in response to Mitfa and Hdac1...
- Awasthi Mishra N, Drogemuller C, Jagannathan V, Keller I, Wüthrich D, Bruggmann R, et al. A structural variant in the 5'-flanking region of the TWIST2 gene affects melanocyte development in belted cattle. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180170 pubmed publisher..Our results thus implicate an unsuspected involvement of TWIST2 in regulating pigmentation and reveal a non-coding CNV underlying a captivating Mendelian character. ..
- Seberg H, Van Otterloo E, Loftus S, Liu H, Bonde G, Sompallae R, et al. TFAP2 paralogs regulate melanocyte differentiation in parallel with MITF. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006636 pubmed publisher..Finally, we observe a genetic interaction between tfap2a and mitfa in zebrafish, but find that artificially elevating expression of tfap2a does not increase levels of melanin in ..
- Jao L, Wente S, Chen W. Efficient multiplex biallelic zebrafish genome editing using a CRISPR nuclease system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:13904-9 pubmed publisher..1mnx1:egfp) and four endogenous loci (tyr, golden, mitfa, and ddx19). Mutagenesis rates reached 75-99%, indicating that most cells contained biallelic mutations...
- Li M, Cheng R, Liang J, Yan H, Zhang H, Yang L, et al. Mutations in POFUT1, encoding protein O-fucosyltransferase 1, cause generalized Dowling-Degos disease. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;92:895-903 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that POFUT1 mutations cause generalized DDD. These results strongly suggest that the protein product of POFUT1 plays a significant and conserved role in melanin synthesis and transport...
- Grzmil M, Whiting D, Maule J, Anastasaki C, Amatruda J, Kelsh R, et al. The INT6 cancer gene and MEK signaling pathways converge during zebrafish development. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e959 pubmed..Our results provide new insight into the physiological role of vertebrate Int6, and have implications for the treatment of human tumors displaying altered INT6 expression. ..
- FernÃ¡ndez Murray J, Prykhozhij S, Dufay J, Steele S, Gaston D, Nasrallah G, et al. Glycine and Folate Ameliorate Models of Congenital Sideroblastic Anemia. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005783 pubmed publisher..Given the tolerability of glycine and folate in humans, this study points to a potential novel treatment for SLC25A38 congenital sideroblastic anemia. ..
- Irion U, FrohnhÃ¶fer H, Krauss J, Ã‡olak Champollion T, Maischein H, Geiger Rudolph S, et al. Gap junctions composed of connexins 41.8 and 39.4 are essential for colour pattern formation in zebrafish. elife. 2014;3:e05125 pubmed publisher..The phenotypes indicate that these promote homotypic interactions between melanophores and xanthophores, respectively, and those cells instruct the patterning of the iridophores. ..
- Tang Q, Moore J, Ignatius M, Tenente I, Hayes M, Garcia E, et al. Imaging tumour cell heterogeneity following cell transplantation into optically clear immune-deficient zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10358 pubmed publisher..Cell transplantation approaches using optically clear immune-compromised zebrafish provide unique opportunities to uncover biology underlying cancer and to dynamically visualize cancer processes at single-cell resolution in vivo. ..
- Dempsey W, Georgieva L, Helbling P, Sonay A, Truong T, Haffner M, et al. In vivo single-cell labeling by confined primed conversion. Nat Methods. 2015;12:645-8 pubmed publisher..With a straightforward addition to a conventional confocal microscope, we show confined primed conversion in living zebrafish and reveal the complex anatomy of individual neurons packed between neighboring cells. ..
- Ragland J, Raible D. Signals derived from the underlying mesoderm are dispensable for zebrafish neural crest induction. Dev Biol. 2004;276:16-30 pubmed
- Huang Y, Luo Y, Liu J, Gui S, Wang M, Liu W, et al. A light-colored region of caudal fin: a niche of melanocyte progenitors in crucian carp (Cyprinus carpio L.). Cell Biol Int. 2017;41:42-50 pubmed publisher..As markers of stem cells, Oct4 and Sox2 have been found to be highly expressed in the LCR as well as Mitfa, a label of the melanoblasts...
- Lemeer S, Jopling C, Naji F, Ruijtenbeek R, Slijper M, Heck A, et al. Protein-tyrosine kinase activity profiling in knock down zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e581 pubmed..The control Nacre/Mitfa knock down did not affect the PTK activity profile significantly...
- Kelly M, Astsaturov A, Rhodes J, Chernoff J. A Pak1/Erk signaling module acts through Gata6 to regulate cardiovascular development in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2014;29:350-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest an essential role for Pak1 as an Erk activator, and Gata6 as an Erk target, during neural crest development. ..
- Vibert L, Aquino G, Gehring I, Subkankulova T, Schilling T, Rocco A, et al. An ongoing role for Wnt signaling in differentiating melanocytes in vivo. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2017;30:219-232 pubmed publisher..in zebrafish highlighted a requirement for a positive-feedback loop involving the melanocyte master regulator Mitfa. Here, we test the hypothesis that Wnt signaling contributes to that positive feedback...
- Lawrence C, James A, Mobley S. Successful Replacement of Artemia salina nauplii with Marine Rotifers (Brachionus plicatilis) in the Diet of Preadult Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Zebrafish. 2015;12:366-71 pubmed publisher..While growth performance was significantly better in the RA groups, we were still able to meet goals for both weaning and generation time in the R groups without compromising survival or sex ratios. ..
- Thang N, Diep P, Lien P, Lien L. Polygonum multiflorum root extract as a potential candidate for treatment of early graying hair. J Adv Pharm Technol Res. 2017;8:8-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggested that PM-RE at safe doses could be used as a potential agent for the treatment of early hair graying and other loss pigmentation-related diseases. ..
- Zhang T, Zhou X, Ma X, Liu J. Mechanisms of cadmium-caused eye hypoplasia and hypopigmentation in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;167:68-76 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we found that compounds BIO or RA could neutralize the toxic effects of Cd. ..
- Lewis J, Bonner J, Modrell M, Ragland J, Moon R, Dorsky R, et al. Reiterated Wnt signaling during zebrafish neural crest development. Development. 2004;131:1299-308 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that Wnt signals are critical for the initial induction of zebrafish neural crest and suggest that this signaling pathway plays reiterated roles in its development. ..
- Watanabe M, Sawada R, Aramaki T, Skerrett I, Kondo S. The Physiological Characterization of Connexin41.8 and Connexin39.4, Which Are Involved in the Striped Pattern Formation of Zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1053-63 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that functional differences in Cx41.8 and Cx39.4 relate to spot or labyrinth mutant phenotypes and also provide evidence that these two connexins interact in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Gutierrez A, Feng H, Stevenson K, Neuberg D, Calzada O, Zhou Y, et al. Loss of function tp53 mutations do not accelerate the onset of myc-induced T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in the zebrafish. Br J Haematol. 2014;166:84-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, the zebrafish model is well suited to the study of ARF-independent pathways in T-ALL pathobiology. ..
- Arduini B, Bosse K, Henion P. Genetic ablation of neural crest cell diversification. Development. 2009;136:1987-94 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a genetic regulatory pathway functionally discrete from the process of neural crest induction that is required for the initiation of neural crest cell diversification during embryonic development. ..
- Ceinos R, Guillot R, Kelsh R, CerdÃ¡ Reverter J, Rotllant J. Pigment patterns in adult fish result from superimposition of two largely independent pigmentation mechanisms. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2015;28:196-209 pubmed publisher..These two mechanisms function largely independently, with resultant patterns superimposed to give the full pattern. ..
- Hsu S, Cheng Y, Shih H, Ouyang P. Dissection of the role of Pinin in the development of zebrafish posterior pharyngeal cartilages. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:127-40 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that pnn is essential for the maintenance of subsets of neural crest cells, and that in zebrafish proper cranial neural crest proliferation and differentiation are dependent on pnn expression. ..
- Nord H, Dennhag N, Muck J, Von Hofsten J. Pax7 is required for establishment of the xanthophore lineage in zebrafish embryos. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1853-62 pubmed publisher..In summary, we propose a novel role for Pax7 in the early specification of chromatophore precursor cells. ..
- Ratanayotha A, Kawai T, Higashijima S, Okamura Y. Molecular and functional characterization of the voltage-gated proton channel in zebrafish neutrophils. Physiol Rep. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..This study highlights the biological variation and importance of Hv1 in different animal species. ..
- Xia M, Chen K, Yao X, Xu Y, Yao J, Yan J, et al. Mediator MED23 Links Pigmentation and DNA Repair through the Transcription Factor MITF. Cell Rep. 2017;20:1794-1804 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the Mediator MED23/MITF axis connects DNA repair to pigmentation, thus providing molecular insights into the DNA damage response and skin-related diseases. ..