Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mfap4
Description: microfibril associated protein 4
Alias: zgc:77076, microfibrillar-associated protein 4
- Xu J, Wang T, Wu Y, Jin W, Wen Z. Microglia Colonization of Developing Zebrafish Midbrain Is Promoted by Apoptotic Neuron and Lysophosphatidylcholine. Dev Cell. 2016;38:214-22 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that microglia colonization of developing zebrafish midbrain is triggered by apoptotic neuronal death, possibly via releasing lysophosphatidylcholine. ..
- Mahony C, Fish R, Pasche C, Bertrand J. tfec controls the hematopoietic stem cell vascular niche during zebrafish embryogenesis. Blood. 2016;128:1336-45 pubmed publisher..The full comprehension of the mechanisms induced by tfec will represent an important milestone toward the expansion of HSCs for regenerative purposes. ..
- Gerri C, Marín Juez R, Marass M, Marks A, Maischein H, Stainier D. Hif-1α regulates macrophage-endothelial interactions during blood vessel development in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15492 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data provide genetic evidence that Hif-1α regulates interactions between macrophages and endothelial cells starting with the mobilization of macrophages from the AGM. ..
- Shen K, Sidik H, Talbot W. The Rag-Ragulator Complex Regulates Lysosome Function and Phagocytic Flux in Microglia. Cell Rep. 2016;14:547-559 pubmed publisher..Our analysis reveals an essential role of the Rag-Ragulator complex in proper lysosome function and phagocytic flux in microglia. ..
- Wang S, He Q, Ma D, Xue Y, Liu F. Irf4 Regulates the Choice between T Lymphoid-Primed Progenitor and Myeloid Lineage Fates during Embryogenesis. Dev Cell. 2015;34:621-31 pubmed publisher..1 expression to prevent an alternate fate. Our findings provide insight into the fate determination mechanism of T lymphoid-primed progenitors. ..
- Cronan M, Beerman R, ROSENBERG A, Saelens J, Johnson M, Oehlers S, et al. Macrophage Epithelial Reprogramming Underlies Mycobacterial Granuloma Formation and Promotes Infection. Immunity. 2016;45:861-876 pubmed publisher..Thus, during mycobacterial infection, granuloma macrophages are broadly reprogrammed by epithelial modules, and this reprogramming alters the trajectory of infection and the associated immune response. ..
- Marín Juez R, Jong Raadsen S, Yang S, Spaink H. Hyperinsulinemia induces insulin resistance and immune suppression via Ptpn6/Shp1 in zebrafish. J Endocrinol. 2014;222:229-41 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data will be very useful in further studies of the function of immunological determinants in a non-obese model system. ..
- Shiau C, Kaufman Z, Meireles A, Talbot W. Differential requirement for irf8 in formation of embryonic and adult macrophages in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117513 pubmed publisher..Our study defines distinct requirement for irf8 in myelopoiesis before and after transition to the adult hematopoietic system. ..
- He Q, Zhang C, Wang L, Zhang P, Ma D, Lv J, et al. Inflammatory signaling regulates hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence in vertebrates. Blood. 2015;125:1098-106 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a previously unrecognized link between inflammatory signaling and HSPC emergence, and provide new insights into regenerative medicine and novel therapies to treat innate immune-related diseases. ..
- Wang K, Fang X, Ma N, Lin Q, Huang Z, Liu W, et al. Myeloperoxidase-deficient zebrafish show an augmented inflammatory response to challenge with Candida albicans. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;44:109-16 pubmed publisher..albicans infection. These findings indicate that myeloperoxidase deficiency alters the inflammatory response to fungal infection. ..
- Dai Y, Zhu L, Huang Z, Zhou M, Jin W, Liu W, et al. Cebp? is essential for the embryonic myeloid progenitor and neutrophil maintenance in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2016;43:593-600 pubmed publisher..We further show that Cebp?, perhaps acting cooperatively with Runx1, plays a critical role in embryonic neutrophil maintenance. Our findings reveal a new role of Cebp? in embryonic myelopoiesis. ..