Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: meis3
Description: myeloid ecotropic viral integration site 3
Alias: NH10, fc22g05, id:ibd3530, meis3.1, wu:fc22g05, homeobox protein Meis3
- French C, Erickson T, Callander D, Berry K, Koss R, Hagey D, et al. Pbx homeodomain proteins pattern both the zebrafish retina and tectum. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:85 pubmed..These data define a novel role for Pbx in patterning the vertebrate retina and tectum in a manner required for proper retinal ganglion cell axon outgrowth. ..
- Wilfinger A, Arkhipova V, Meyer D. Cell type and tissue specific function of islet genes in zebrafish pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2013;378:25-37 pubmed publisher..The normal expression of the pancreas mesenchyme markers meis3, fgf10 and fgf24 in isl1/2 depleted embryos suggests that this activity is independent of isl-gene function in ..
- Choe S, SAGERSTROM C. Variable Meis-dependence among paralog group-1 Hox proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:1384-91 pubmed..Upon addition of Meis3, Hoxb1b mimics the more severe Hoxb1a phenotype, indicating that Hoxb1b requires higher Meis levels than Hoxb1a...
- Maves L, Tyler A, Moens C, Tapscott S. Pbx acts with Hand2 in early myocardial differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;333:409-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate new roles for Pbx proteins in vertebrate cardiac development and also provide new insight into connections between the transcriptional regulation of skeletal and cardiac muscle differentiation programs. ..
- Drummond D, Cheng C, Selland L, Hocking J, Prichard L, Waskiewicz A. The role of Zic transcription factors in regulating hindbrain retinoic acid signaling. BMC Dev Biol. 2013;13:31 pubmed publisher..Zic transcription factors function in patterning hindbrain motor neurons through their regulation of embryonic retinoic acid signaling. ..
- Choe S, Ladam F, SAGERSTROM C. TALE factors poise promoters for activation by Hox proteins. Dev Cell. 2014;28:203-11 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TALE factors access promoters during early embryogenesis to poise them for activation but that Hox proteins are required to trigger efficient transcription. ..
- Cruz C, Maegawa S, Weinberg E, Wilson S, Dawid I, Kudoh T. Induction and patterning of trunk and tail neural ectoderm by the homeobox gene eve1 in zebrafish embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:3564-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that eve1 is crucial for the organization of the antero-posterior and dorso-ventral axis in the gastrula ectoderm and also has trunk- and tail-promoting activity...
- Roy N, SAGERSTROM C. An early Fgf signal required for gene expression in the zebrafish hindbrain primordium. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;148:27-42 pubmed..Our results demonstrate an early role for Fgf signaling and reveal a dynamic relationship between the RA and Fgf signaling pathways during hindbrain development. ..