Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: meis3
Description: myeloid ecotropic viral integration site 3
Alias: NH10, fc22g05, id:ibd3530, meis3.1, wu:fc22g05, homeobox protein Meis3
- Gongal P, March L, Holly V, Pillay L, Berry Wynne K, Kagechika H, et al. Hmx4 regulates Sonic hedgehog signaling through control of retinoic acid synthesis during forebrain patterning. Dev Biol. 2011;355:55-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that Hmx4 is a critical regulator of retinoic acid synthesis in a developing embryo, and that this regulation is essential for controlling Shh signaling and forebrain development. ..
- diIorio P, Alexa K, Choe S, Etheridge L, SAGERSTROM C. TALE-family homeodomain proteins regulate endodermal sonic hedgehog expression and pattern the anterior endoderm. Dev Biol. 2007;304:221-31 pubmed..We find that expression of meis3, a TALE class homeodomain gene, coincides with shh expression in the endoderm of zebrafish embryos...
- Gongal P, Waskiewicz A. Zebrafish model of holoprosencephaly demonstrates a key role for TGIF in regulating retinoic acid metabolism. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:525-38 pubmed..The consequences of abnormal RA levels for forebrain patterning are profound, and imply that in human patients with TGIF deficiencies, increased forebrain RA levels contribute to the development of HPE. ..
- Kudoh T, Wilson S, Dawid I. Distinct roles for Fgf, Wnt and retinoic acid in posteriorizing the neural ectoderm. Development. 2002;129:4335-46 pubmed..Using these two genes, as well as otx2 and meis3 as anterior and posterior markers, we show that Fgf and Wnt signals suppress expression of anterior genes, ..
- Noël E, Casal Sueiro A, Busch Nentwich E, Verkade H, Dong P, Stemple D, et al. Organ-specific requirements for Hdac1 in liver and pancreas formation. Dev Biol. 2008;322:237-50 pubmed publisher..These findings establish zebrafish as a tractable system to investigate chromatin remodelling factor functions in controlling gene expression programmes in vertebrate endodermal organogenesis. ..
- Vlachakis N, Choe S, Sagerstrom C. Meis3 synergizes with Pbx4 and Hoxb1b in promoting hindbrain fates in the zebrafish. Development. 2001;128:1299-312 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that Meis3 synergizes with Pbx4 and Hoxb1b in promoting hindbrain fates in the zebrafish...
- Manfroid I, Delporte F, Baudhuin A, Motte P, Neumann C, Voz M, et al. Reciprocal endoderm-mesoderm interactions mediated by fgf24 and fgf10 govern pancreas development. Development. 2007;134:4011-21 pubmed
- Choe S, Lu P, Nakamura M, Lee J, SAGERSTROM C. Meis cofactors control HDAC and CBP accessibility at Hox-regulated promoters during zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Cell. 2009;17:561-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Meis acts, at least in part, by controlling access of HDAC and CBP to Hox-regulated promoters. ..
- Uribe R, Bronner M. Meis3 is required for neural crest invasion of the gut during zebrafish enteric nervous system development. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:3728-40 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the transcription factor meis3 is expressed along vagal neural crest pathways...
- French C, Erickson T, Callander D, Berry K, Koss R, Hagey D, et al. Pbx homeodomain proteins pattern both the zebrafish retina and tectum. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:85 pubmed..These data define a novel role for Pbx in patterning the vertebrate retina and tectum in a manner required for proper retinal ganglion cell axon outgrowth. ..
- Wilfinger A, Arkhipova V, Meyer D. Cell type and tissue specific function of islet genes in zebrafish pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2013;378:25-37 pubmed publisher..The normal expression of the pancreas mesenchyme markers meis3, fgf10 and fgf24 in isl1/2 depleted embryos suggests that this activity is independent of isl-gene function in ..
- Choe S, SAGERSTROM C. Variable Meis-dependence among paralog group-1 Hox proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:1384-91 pubmed..Upon addition of Meis3, Hoxb1b mimics the more severe Hoxb1a phenotype, indicating that Hoxb1b requires higher Meis levels than Hoxb1a...
- Maves L, Tyler A, Moens C, Tapscott S. Pbx acts with Hand2 in early myocardial differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;333:409-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate new roles for Pbx proteins in vertebrate cardiac development and also provide new insight into connections between the transcriptional regulation of skeletal and cardiac muscle differentiation programs. ..
- Drummond D, Cheng C, Selland L, Hocking J, Prichard L, Waskiewicz A. The role of Zic transcription factors in regulating hindbrain retinoic acid signaling. BMC Dev Biol. 2013;13:31 pubmed publisher..Zic transcription factors function in patterning hindbrain motor neurons through their regulation of embryonic retinoic acid signaling. ..
- Choe S, Ladam F, SAGERSTROM C. TALE factors poise promoters for activation by Hox proteins. Dev Cell. 2014;28:203-11 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TALE factors access promoters during early embryogenesis to poise them for activation but that Hox proteins are required to trigger efficient transcription. ..
- Cruz C, Maegawa S, Weinberg E, Wilson S, Dawid I, Kudoh T. Induction and patterning of trunk and tail neural ectoderm by the homeobox gene eve1 in zebrafish embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:3564-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that eve1 is crucial for the organization of the antero-posterior and dorso-ventral axis in the gastrula ectoderm and also has trunk- and tail-promoting activity...
- Roy N, SAGERSTROM C. An early Fgf signal required for gene expression in the zebrafish hindbrain primordium. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;148:27-42 pubmed..Our results demonstrate an early role for Fgf signaling and reveal a dynamic relationship between the RA and Fgf signaling pathways during hindbrain development. ..