Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: meis1b
Description: Meis homeobox 1 b
Alias: cb224, id:ibd5078, meis1, meis1.1, wu:fb38b03, wu:fc02e11, wu:fd12a02, homeobox protein Meis1, etID37540.13, myeloid ecotropic viral integration 1
- Kaslin J, Ganz J, Geffarth M, Grandel H, Hans S, Brand M. Stem cells in the adult zebrafish cerebellum: initiation and maintenance of a novel stem cell niche. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6142-53 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, retained epithelial properties such as distinct polarization and ventricular contact are critical common determinants to maintain neural stem cell activity in vertebrates. ..
- Stephens W, Senecal M, Nguyen M, Piotrowski T. Loss of adenomatous polyposis coli (apc) results in an expanded ciliary marginal zone in the zebrafish eye. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2066-77 pubmed publisher..Retinal identity genes rx1 and vsx2, as well as meis1 and pax6a act upstream of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway activation...
- Deveau A, Forrester A, Coombs A, Wagner G, Grabher C, Chute I, et al. Epigenetic therapy restores normal hematopoiesis in a zebrafish model of NUP98-HOXA9-induced myeloid disease. Leukemia. 2015;29:2086-97 pubmed publisher..the number of hematopoietic stem cells, and that oncogenic function of NHA9 depends on downstream activation of meis1, the PTGS/COX pathway and genome hypermethylation through the DNA methyltransferase, dnmt1...
- Minehata K, Kawahara A, Suzuki T. meis1 regulates the development of endothelial cells in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;374:647-52 pubmed publisher..Here we show that a proto-oncogene, meis1, plays important roles in the vascular development in zebrafish...
- Cvejic A, Serbanovic Canic J, Stemple D, Ouwehand W. The role of meis1 in primitive and definitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish development. Haematologica. 2011;96:190-8 pubmed publisherThe Meis1 protein represents an important cofactor for Hox and Pbx1 and is implicated in human and murine leukemias...
- Sakamoto K, Onimaru K, Munakata K, Suda N, Tamura M, Ochi H, et al. Heterochronic shift in Hox-mediated activation of sonic hedgehog leads to morphological changes during fin development. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5121 pubmed publisher..This process may have facilitated major morphological changes in paired appendages during vertebrate limb evolution. ..
- Royo J, Bessa J, Hidalgo C, Fernández Miñán A, Tena J, Roncero Y, et al. Identification and analysis of conserved cis-regulatory regions of the MEIS1 gene. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33617 pubmed publisherb>Meis1, a conserved transcription factor of the TALE-homeodomain class, is expressed in a wide variety of tissues during development. Its complex expression pattern is likely to be controlled by an equally complex regulatory landscape...
- Wassef M, Chomette D, Pouilhe M, Stedman A, Havis E, Desmarquet Trin Dinh C, et al. Rostral hindbrain patterning involves the direct activation of a Krox20 transcriptional enhancer by Hox/Pbx and Meis factors. Development. 2008;135:3369-78 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for the complex regulation of Krox20, involving a novel mode of initiation, positive and negative controls by Hox proteins, and multiple direct and indirect autoregulatory loops. ..
- Bessa J, Luengo M, Rivero Gil S, Ariza Cosano A, Maia A, Ruiz Ruano F, et al. A mobile insulator system to detect and disrupt cis-regulatory landscapes in vertebrates. Genome Res. 2014;24:487-95 pubmed publisher..We therefore provide a new easy-to-handle tool that will help to disrupt and chart the regulatory activity spread through the vast noncoding regions of the vertebrate genome. ..
- Schulte E, Kousi M, Tan P, Tilch E, Knauf F, Lichtner P, et al. Targeted resequencing and systematic in vivo functional testing identifies rare variants in MEIS1 as significant contributors to restless legs syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;95:85-95 pubmed publisher..2-1.7) risk at six genomic loci. Among these, variants in MEIS1 have emerged as the largest risk factors for RLS, suggesting that perturbations in this transcription factor might ..
- Su Z, Si W, Li L, Zhou B, Li X, Xu Y, et al. MiR-144 regulates hematopoiesis and vascular development by targeting meis1 during zebrafish development. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;49:53-63 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, miR-144 regulates hematopoiesis by repressing expression of meis1 involved in hematopoiesis...
- Wu S, Adams B, Fradinger E, Sherwood N. Role of two genes encoding PACAP in early brain development in zebrafish. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1070:602-21 pubmed..In the hindbrain, the absence of either form of PACAP had little effect, as shown by expression of ephA4 and meis1.1. During midbrain development, our evidence suggests that PACAP1 can activate mbx...
- Wang Q, Li Y, Dong J, Li B, Kaberlein J, Zhang L, et al. Regulation of MEIS1 by distal enhancer elements in acute leukemia. Leukemia. 2014;28:138-46 pubmed publisherAberrant activation of the three-amino-acid-loop extension homeobox gene MEIS1 shortens the latency and accelerates the onset and progression of acute leukemia, yet the molecular mechanism underlying persistent activation of the MEIS1 ..
- Ebert A, Childs S, Hehr C, Cechmanek P, McFarlane S. Sema6a and Plxna2 mediate spatially regulated repulsion within the developing eye to promote eye vesicle cohesion. Development. 2014;141:2473-82 pubmed publisher..We propose a novel, tissue-autonomous mechanism of organ cohesion, with neutralization of repulsion suggested as a means to promote interactions between cells within a tissue domain. ..
- Shelton D, Sandoval I, Eisinger A, Chidester S, Ratnayake A, Ireland C, et al. Up-regulation of CYP26A1 in adenomatous polyposis coli-deficient vertebrates via a WNT-dependent mechanism: implications for intestinal cell differentiation and colon tumor development. Cancer Res. 2006;66:7571-7 pubmed..These findings support a novel role for APC in balancing retinoic acid biosynthesis and catabolism through WNT-independent and WNT-dependent mechanisms. ..
- diIorio P, Alexa K, Choe S, Etheridge L, SAGERSTROM C. TALE-family homeodomain proteins regulate endodermal sonic hedgehog expression and pattern the anterior endoderm. Dev Biol. 2007;304:221-31 pubmed..Our data indicate that meis3 and pbx4 regulate shh expression in anterior endoderm, thereby influencing patterning and growth of the foregut. ..