Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mdm2
Description: MDM2 oncogene, E3 ubiquitin protein ligase
Alias: sb:eu923, zgc:109834, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase Mdm2, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase Mdm2, double minute 2 protein, etID309863.4, murine double minute 2 homolog, p53-binding protein Mdm2, transformed 3T3 cell double minute 2 homolog
- Ghiselli G. SMC3 knockdown triggers genomic instability and p53-dependent apoptosis in human and zebrafish cells. Mol Cancer. 2006;5:52 pubmed..Collectively the data support the view that SMC3 deficiency affects chromosomal stability leading to the activation of p53-dependent mitotic checkpoint. ..
- Guo L, Liew H, Camus S, Goh A, Chee L, Lunny D, et al. Ionizing radiation induces a dramatic persistence of p53 protein accumulation and DNA damage signaling in mutant p53 zebrafish. Oncogene. 2013;32:4009-16 pubmed publisher..Morpholino knockdown of the zebrafish homologs of Mdm2 and Mdm4 caused dramatic accumulation of mutant p53 protein...
- Jung I, Leem G, Jung D, Kim M, Kim E, Kim S, et al. Glioma is formed by active Akt1 alone and promoted by active Rac1 in transgenic zebrafish. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:290-304 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish model reinforces the pivotal role of Akt signaling in gliomagenesis and suggests Rac1 as an important protein involved in progression. ..
- Mönnich M, Kuriger Z, Print C, Horsfield J. A zebrafish model of Roberts syndrome reveals that Esco2 depletion interferes with development by disrupting the cell cycle. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20051 pubmed publisher..Our results show that mutations in different elements of the cohesion apparatus have distinct developmental outcomes, and provide insight into why CdLS and RBS are distinct diseases...
- Han R, Zhao Q, Zong S, Miao S, Song W, Wang L. A novel TRIM family member, Trim69, regulates zebrafish development through p53-mediated apoptosis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2016;83:442-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that trim69 participates in tp53-mediated apoptosis during zebrafish development. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 83: 442-454, 2016. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Cheng C, Chou C, Chang Y, Wang H, Wen C, Chen Y. Protective Role of Comfrey Leave Extracts on UV-induced Zebrafish Fin Damage. J Toxicol Pathol. 2014;27:115-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, comfrey leaves extracts may have the potential to be developed as UV-protective agents to protect zebrafish embryos from UV-induced damage. ..
- Luzio A, Matos M, Santos D, Fontaínhas Fernandes A, Monteiro S, Coimbra A. Disruption of apoptosis pathways involved in zebrafish gonad differentiation by 17?-ethinylestradiol and fadrozole exposures. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:269-84 pubmed publisher..The death receptors (FAS; TRADD), anti-apoptotic (BCL-2; MDM2), pro-apoptotic (CASP-2 and -6) and cell proliferation (BIRC5/survivin; JUN) genes and proteins were evaluated...
- Hrubik J, Glisic B, Samardzija D, Stanic B, Pogrmic Majkic K, Fa S, et al. Effect of PMA-induced protein kinase C activation on development and apoptosis in early zebrafish embryos. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;190:24-31 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that direct over-activation of Pkc during early embryogenesis of zebrafish is associated with apoptosis and decreased survival rate of the embryos. ..
- Chakraborty A, Uechi T, Higa S, Torihara H, Kenmochi N. Loss of ribosomal protein L11 affects zebrafish embryonic development through a p53-dependent apoptotic response. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4152 pubmed publisher..L11 was recently shown to regulate p53 activity through a direct binding with MDM2 and abrogating the MDM2-induced p53 degradation in response to ribosomal stress...
- Lane D, Cheok C, Brown C, Madhumalar A, Ghadessy F, Verma C. The Mdm2 and p53 genes are conserved in the Arachnids. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:748-54 pubmedThe p53 protein and its negative regulator the ubiquitin E3 ligase Mdm2 have been shown to be conserved from the T. adhaerens to man. In common with D. melanogaster and C. elegans, there is a single copy of the p53 gene in T...
- Lam S, Ung C, Hlaing M, Hu J, Li Z, Mathavan S, et al. Molecular insights into 4-nitrophenol-induced hepatotoxicity in zebrafish: transcriptomic, histological and targeted gene expression analyses. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:4778-89 pubmed publisher..This is the first transcriptomic report on 4-NP induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Zheng X, Yang S, Han Y, Zhao X, Zhao L, Tian T, et al. Loss of zygotic NUP107 protein causes missing of pharyngeal skeleton and other tissue defects with impaired nuclear pore function in zebrafish embryos. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38254-64 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed new light on developmental function of Nup107 in vertebrates. ..
- Ou Z, Yin L, Chang C, Peng J, Chen J. Protein interaction between p53 and ?113p53 is required for the anti-apoptotic function of ?113p53. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:53-62 pubmed publisher..In addition, the two ?113p53 mutants that failed to interact with p53 are also useful for the study of the mechanisms of other functions of ?113p53. ..
- Rodriguez Aznar E, Nieto M. Repression of Puma by scratch2 is required for neuronal survival during embryonic development. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1196-207 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the regulatory loop linking p53/Puma with Scratch is active in the vertebrate nervous system, not only controlling cell death in response to damage but also during normal embryonic development. ..
- Wilkins B, Lorent K, Matthews R, Pack M. p53-mediated biliary defects caused by knockdown of cirh1a, the zebrafish homolog of the gene responsible for North American Indian Childhood Cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77670 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first in vivo evidence of a role for Cirhin in biliary development, and support the hypothesis that congenital defects affecting ribosome biogenesis can activate a cellular stress response mediated by p53. ..
- Lessel D, Wu D, Trujillo C, Ramezani T, Lessel I, Alwasiyah M, et al. Dysfunction of the MDM2/p53 axis is linked to premature aging. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3598-3608 pubmed publisher..p53, a master regulator of the cellular response to stress, is tightly regulated by the E3 ubiquitin ligase MDM2 via an autoregulatory feedback loop...
- Torihara H, Uechi T, Chakraborty A, Shinya M, Sakai N, Kenmochi N. Erythropoiesis failure due to RPS19 deficiency is independent of an activated Tp53 response in a zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anaemia. Br J Haematol. 2011;152:648-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a Tp53-independent but RPS19-dependent pathway could be responsible for defective erythropoiesis in RPS19-deficient zebrafish. ..
- Zhao C, Andreeva V, Gibert Y, Labonty M, Lattanzi V, Prabhudesai S, et al. Tissue specific roles for the ribosome biogenesis factor Wdr43 in zebrafish development. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004074 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide new insight into roles for Wdr43 in development, ribosome biogenesis, and also ribosomopathy-induced craniofacial phenotypes including Treacher-Collins Syndrome. ..
- Yuan H, Zhou J, Deng M, Liu X, Le Bras M, De The H, et al. Small ubiquitin-related modifier paralogs are indispensable but functionally redundant during early development of zebrafish. Cell Res. 2010;20:185-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that SUMO paralogs are indispensable, but redundant, in the early development of zebrafish. ..
- Zhou R, Zhang H, Wang Z, Zhou X, Si J, Gan L, et al. The developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish eyes induced by carbon-ion irradiation. Life Sci. 2015;139:114-22 pubmed publisher..The proapoptotic genes, including P53, Bax, and Puma, were significantly upregulated. Two antiapoptotic genes, Mdm2 and Bcl-2, were significantly downregulated, and the expression levels of Capspase-9 and Caspase-3 were ..
- Balow S, Pierce L, Zentner G, Conrad P, Davis S, Sabaawy H, et al. Knockdown of fbxl10/kdm2bb rescues chd7 morphant phenotype in a zebrafish model of CHARGE syndrome. Dev Biol. 2013;382:57-69 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CHARGE-like phenotypes in zebrafish can be mitigated through modulation of fbxl10 levels and implicate FBXL10 as a possible therapeutic target in CHARGE syndrome. ..
- Wang Y, Cheng C, Lee W, Chiou M, Pai C, Wen C, et al. A novel phenotype-based approach for systematically screening antiproliferation metallodrugs. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;182:84-91 pubmed publisher..In summary, it was concluded that the zebrafish model was effective for the screening of phenotype-based antiproliferation metallodrugs. ..
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhang J, Zhu L, Li X, et al. Occurrence and origin of sensitivity toward difenoconazole in zebrafish (Danio reio) during different life stages. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:57-68 pubmed publisher..At 8 dpe, the modification in the transcription of the tested genes in the embryos and adult fish was similar, except for the genes related to the synthesis of sterols. ..
- Piette J, Neel H, Marechal V. Mdm2: keeping p53 under control. Oncogene. 1997;15:1001-10 pubmedThe Mdm2 gene is overexpressed in several human tumors. The oncogenic potential of Mdm2 is partially explained by the inhibition of the activity of the tumor suppressor protein p53...
- Li I, Chen Y, Wang Y, Tzeng B, Ou C, Lau Y, et al. Zebrafish Adar2 Edits the Q/R site of AMPA receptor Subunit gria2? transcript to ensure normal development of nervous system and cranial neural crest cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e97133 pubmed publisher..Our results present a link between dysfunction of AMPA receptors and defective development of the nervous system and cranial neural crest in the zebrafish. ..
- Chen L, Hsu C, Hong J, Jou L, Tseng H, Wu J, et al. Liver-specific expression of p53-negative regulator mdm2 leads to growth retardation and fragile liver in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1070-81 pubmed publisherTumorigenesis requires inactivation of the p53 tumor suppressor pathway, likely involving the negative regulator Mdm2 protein...
- Qi M, Dang Y, Xu Q, Yu L, Liu C, Yuan Y, et al. Microcystin-LR induced developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae by activation of ER stress response. Chemosphere. 2016;157:166-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results observed in this study suggested that ER stress plays a critical role in developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos exposed to MC-LR. ..
- Sun L, Xin L, Peng Z, Jin R, Jin Y, Qian H, et al. Toxicity and enantiospecific differences of two ?-blockers, propranolol and metoprolol, in the embryos and larvae of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2014;29:1367-78 pubmed publisher..These results also demonstrated that the enantiospecific toxicity of chiral ?-blockers should be investigated when performing an ecological risk assessment. ..
- Parant J, George S, Holden J, Yost H. Genetic modeling of Li-Fraumeni syndrome in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:45-56 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we demonstrate that the p53 regulatory pathway, including Mdm2 regulation, is evolutionarily conserved in zebrafish, providing a bona fide biological context in which to ..
- Langenau D, Feng H, Berghmans S, Kanki J, Kutok J, Look A. Cre/lox-regulated transgenic zebrafish model with conditional myc-induced T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6068-73 pubmed
- Prykhozhij S. In the absence of Sonic hedgehog, p53 induces apoptosis and inhibits retinal cell proliferation, cell-cycle exit and differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13549 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Shh-mediated control of p53 activity is required for proliferation and cell cycle exit of retinal cells as well as differentiation of amacrine cells and photoreceptors. ..
- Chua J, Liew H, Guo L, Lane D. Tumor-specific signaling to p53 is mimicked by Mdm2 inactivation in zebrafish: insights from mdm2 and mdm4 mutant zebrafish. Oncogene. 2015;34:5933-41 pubmed publisherIn mice, the deletion of either Mdm2 or Mdm4 results in a p53-dependent embryonic lethality. We used zinc-finger nucleases to construct mutations in the mdm2 and mdm4 genes of zebrafish...
- Paridaen J, Janson E, Utami K, Pereboom T, Essers P, van Rooijen C, et al. The nucleolar GTP-binding proteins Gnl2 and nucleostemin are required for retinal neurogenesis in developing zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;355:286-301 pubmed publisher..Finally, the data suggest that Gnl2 and NS affect cell cycle exit of neural progenitors by regulating the expression of cell cycle regulators independently of p53. ..
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of ER stress and oxidative stress induction by In(NO3)3 and ITO indicating a critical toxicological profile that needs further investigation. ..
- Long Y, Li Q, Li J, Cui Z. Molecular analysis, developmental function and heavy metal-induced expression of ABCC5 in zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;158:46-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, ABCC5 is likely to play an active role in embryonic development and heavy metal detoxification through the export of second messenger molecules and toxicants out of cells in zebrafish. ..
- Hensley M, Chua R, Leung Y, Yang J, Zhang G. Molecular Evolution of MDM1, a "Duplication-Resistant" Gene in Vertebrates. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0163229 pubmed publisher..Its expression patterns in early zebrafish embryos indicate that mdm1 may play important roles in the development of the central nervous system, kidneys, and hematopoietic system. ..
- Chen Y, Wen C, Lin C, Chou C, Yang Z, Wang Y. UV-induced fin damage in zebrafish as a system for evaluating the chemopreventive potential of broccoli and cauliflower extracts. Toxicol Mech Methods. 2011;21:63-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, zebrafish can be used as a system for evaluating the efficacy of other UVB protective compounds. ..
- Lim C, Chong S, Jiang Y. Udu deficiency activates DNA damage checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4183-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Udu is colocalized with 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine and heterochromatin during DNA replication, suggesting a role in maintaining genome integrity. ..
- Kim S, Hur W, Choi J, Kim D, Wang J, Yoon H, et al. Functional characterization of human oncoprotein gankyrin in Zebrafish. Exp Mol Med. 2009;41:8-16 pubmed..Gankyrin binds to Mdm2, which results in accelerated ubiquitylation via degradation of p53, and it also plays an important role in cell ..
- Kuo Z, Chuang Y, Chao C, Liu F, Lan C, Chen B. Identification of infection- and defense-related genes via a dynamic host-pathogen interaction network using a Candida albicans-zebrafish infection model. J Innate Immun. 2013;5:137-52 pubmed publisher..albicans and the immune response of the host, and may help improve medical therapies and facilitate the development of new antifungal drugs...
- Thomasova D, Ebrahim M, Fleckinger K, Li M, Molnar J, Popper B, et al. MDM2 prevents spontaneous tubular epithelial cell death and acute kidney injury. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2482 pubmed publisherMurine double minute-2 (MDM2) is an E3-ubiquitin ligase and the main negative regulator of tumor suppressor gene p53. MDM2 has also a non-redundant function as a modulator of NF-kB signaling...
- Cox A, Tsomides A, Kim A, Saunders D, Hwang K, Evason K, et al. Selenoprotein H is an essential regulator of redox homeostasis that cooperates with p53 in development and tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5562-71 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings establish that seph regulates redox homeostasis and suppresses DNA damage. We hypothesize that SepH deficiency may contribute to the increased cancer risk observed in cohorts with low selenium levels. ..
- Mei J, Zhang Q, Li Z, Lin S, Gui J. C1q-like inhibits p53-mediated apoptosis and controls normal hematopoiesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;319:273-84 pubmed publisher..Real-time quantitative PCR showed the up-regulation expression of several apoptosis regulators such as p53, mdm2, p21, Bax and caspase 3, and down-regulation expression of hbae1 in the C1q-like morphant embryos...
- Gerety S, Wilkinson D. Morpholino artifacts provide pitfalls and reveal a novel role for pro-apoptotic genes in hindbrain boundary development. Dev Biol. 2011;350:279-89 pubmed publisher..In light of these findings, we discuss the precautions needed in performing morpholino knockdowns and in interpreting the data derived from their use. ..
- Duan Z, Xing Y, Feng Z, Zhang H, Li C, Gong Z, et al. Hepatotoxicity of benzotriazole and its effect on the cadmium induced toxicity in zebrafish Danio rerio. Environ Pollut. 2017;224:706-713 pubmed publisher..Based on the determination of Cd bioaccumulation in fish and the complexing stability constant (?) of Cd-BTR complex in solution, the detoxification mechanism of co-existing 1H-BTR on Cd to the zebrafish was discussed. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cypermethrin induces apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:1049-54 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help elucidate the mechanism of CYP-induced toxicity in fish. ..
- Gao L, Li D, Ma K, Zhang W, Xu T, Fu C, et al. TopBP1 Governs Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cells Survival in Zebrafish Definitive Hematopoiesis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005346 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrates a novel and vital role of TopBP1 in the maintenance of HSPCs genome integrity and survival during hematopoietic progenitor expansion. ..
- Sasaki T, Lian S, Qi J, Bayliss P, Carr C, Johnson J, et al. Aberrant autolysosomal regulation is linked to the induction of embryonic senescence: differential roles of Beclin 1 and p53 in vertebrate Spns1 deficiency. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004409 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results provide evidence that Spns1 operates during autophagy and senescence differentially with Beclin 1 and p53. ..
- Daroczi B, Kari G, Ren Q, Dicker A, Rodeck U. Nuclear factor kappaB inhibitors alleviate and the proteasome inhibitor PS-341 exacerbates radiation toxicity in zebrafish embryos. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2625-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, inhibitors of canonical pathways to NF-kappaB activation may be useful in alleviating radiation toxicity in patients. ..
- Boglev Y, Badrock A, Trotter A, Du Q, Richardson E, Parslow A, et al. Autophagy induction is a Tor- and Tp53-independent cell survival response in a zebrafish model of disrupted ribosome biogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003279 pubmed publisher..This response may be of relevance to therapeutic strategies aimed at killing cancer cells by targeting ribosome biogenesis. In certain contexts, these treatments may promote autophagy and contribute to cancer cells evading cell death. ..
- Langenau D, Keefe M, Storer N, Guyon J, Kutok J, Le X, et al. Effects of RAS on the genesis of embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1382-95 pubmed..When coupled with gene expression studies of this cell population, we propose that the zebrafish RMS cancer stem cell shares similar self-renewal programs as those found in activated satellite cells...
- Espín R, Roca F, Candel S, Sepulcre M, González Rosa J, Alcaraz Pérez F, et al. TNF receptors regulate vascular homeostasis in zebrafish through a caspase-8, caspase-2 and P53 apoptotic program that bypasses caspase-3. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:383-96 pubmed publisher..We have identified an evolutionarily conserved apoptotic pathway involved in vascular homeostasis that provides new therapeutic targets for the control of inflammation- and tumor-driven angiogenesis. ..
- Guo L, Chua J, Vijayakumar D, Lee K, Lim K, Eng H, et al. Detection of the 113p53 protein isoform: a p53-induced protein that feeds back on the p53 pathway to modulate the p53 response in zebrafish. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:1998-2007 pubmed
- Jin Y, Pan X, Cao L, Ma B, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cis-bifenthrin enantioselectively induces the transcription of genes related to oxidative stress, apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:717-23 pubmed publisher..and immunotoxicity including Cu/Zn-superoxide dismutase (Cu/Zn-Sod), catalase (Cat), P53, murine double minute 2 (Mdm2), B-cell lymphoma/leukaemia-2 gene (Bcl2), Bcl2 associated X protein (Bax), apoptotic protease activating factor-1 (..
- Hochgreb HÃ¤gele T, Koo D, Bronner M. Znf385C mediates a novel p53-dependent transcriptional switch to control timing of facial bone formation. Dev Biol. 2015;400:23-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that Znf385C acts as a developmental switch for p53 function that modulates cell cycle arrest of chondrocytes and regulates timing of jaw cartilage maturation and ossification. ..
- Zhu L, Mu X, Wang K, Chai T, Yang Y, Qiu L, et al. Cyhalofop-butyl has the potential to induce developmental toxicity, oxidative stress and apoptosis in early life stage of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2015;203:40-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we speculated that oxidative stress-induced apoptosis should be responsible for abnormal development during embryogenesis after cyhalofop-butyl exposure. ..
- Ear J, Hsueh J, Nguyen M, Zhang Q, Sung V, Chopra R, et al. A Zebrafish Model of 5q-Syndrome Using CRISPR/Cas9 Targeting RPS14 Reveals a p53-Independent and p53-Dependent Mechanism of Erythroid Failure. J Genet Genomics. 2016;43:307-18 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate the versatility of this model to test various pharmacological agents, such as RAP-011, L-leucine, and dexamethasone in order to identify molecules that can reverse the anemic phenotype. ..
- Soares J, Castro L, Reis Henriques M, Monteiro N, Santos M. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) life-cycle exposure to chronic low doses of ethinylestradiol modulates p53 gene transcription within the gonads, but not NER pathways. Ecotoxicology. 2012;21:1513-22 pubmed publisher..and DNA damage induced 45, alpha), bax (bcl2-associated X protein) and p53 key regulator MDM2 (murine double minute 2 protein). NER genes transcription levels in gonads did not differ significantly among treatments...
- Wen R, Li J, Xu X, Cui Z, Xiao W. Zebrafish Mms2 promotes K63-linked polyubiquitination and is involved in p53-mediated DNA-damage response. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:157-66 pubmed publisher..of DrMms2, but not DrUev1, enhances both spontaneous and DNA-damage induced expression of p53 effectors p21 and mdm2. In addition, DrUbc13 specifically binds Drp53 in an in vitro assay...
- Thomasova D, Bruns H, Kretschmer V, Ebrahim M, Romoli S, Liapis H, et al. Murine Double Minute-2 Prevents p53-Overactivation-Related Cell Death (Podoptosis) of Podocytes. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;26:1513-23 pubmed publisherMurine double minute-2 (MDM2), an E3 ligase that regulates the cell cycle and inflammation, is highly expressed in podocytes...
- Song Y, Shi Y, Carland T, Lian S, Sasaki T, Schork N, et al. p53-Dependent DNA damage response sensitive to editing-defective tRNA synthetase in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:8460-5 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the sensitivity of p53 to expression of an editing-defective tRNA synthetase has a critical role in promoting genome integrity and organismal homeostasis. ..
- Lane D, Cheok C, Brown C, Madhumalar A, Ghadessy F, Verma C. Mdm2 and p53 are highly conserved from placozoans to man. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:540-7 pubmed..vertebrates from zebrafish to man the function of p53 is tightly and absolutely constrained by a negative regulator Mdm2. However the Mdm2 gene has not been detected in the genome of the model nematode (C. elegans) and insect (D...