Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mb
Alias: zgc:65819, zgc:77764, myoglobin
- Tiedke J, Cubuk C, Burmester T. Environmental acidification triggers oxidative stress and enhances globin expression in zebrafish gills. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:624-9 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, the globins were found to be among the most prominent stress-responsive proteins in our study. Myoglobin showed the strongest response of all investigated genes in the gills, as confirmed by Western blotting...
- Zhao Z, Xu P, Cao D, Kuang Y, Deng H, Zhang Y, et al. Duplication and differentiation of common carp (Cyprinus carpio) myoglobin genes revealed by BAC analysis. Gene. 2014;548:210-6 pubmed publisherTwo distinct myoglobin (mb) transcripts have been reported in common carp, Cyprinus carpio, which is a hypoxia-tolerant fish living in habitats with greatly fluctuant dissolved oxygen levels...
- Jaspers R, Testerink J, Della Gaspera B, Chanoine C, Bagowski C, van der Laarse W. Increased oxidative metabolism and myoglobin expression in zebrafish muscle during chronic hypoxia. Biol Open. 2014;3:718-27 pubmed publisher..cross-sectional area (CSA), succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) activity, capillarization, myonuclear density, myoglobin (Mb) concentration and Mb mRNA expression of high and low oxidative muscle fibres...
- Blanco E, Guigo R, Messeguer X. Multiple non-collinear TF-map alignments of promoter regions. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:138 pubmed..We consider this kind of approach can be extremely useful in the future to annotate potential transcription factor binding sites on sets of co-regulated genes from high-throughput expression experiments. ..
- Vlecken D, Testerink J, Ott E, Sakalis P, Jaspers R, Bagowski C. A critical role for myoglobin in zebrafish development. Int J Dev Biol. 2009;53:517-24 pubmed publisherThe globin family, including hemoglobin, myoglobin, neuroglobin and cytoglobin, plays an important role in oxygen storage and delivery...